Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

7 hours ago, marcus said:

This illiberal and anti-democratic genesis of Zionism is intertwined with colonialism and imperialism.

That is just anti-Semitic propaganda and anti-Israel hate.  Israel occupied that land several thousand years ago and it was fought over ever since.  The Romans took over two thousand years ago and destroyed Jerusalem.  The Jews were dispersed to different countries in the early centuries.  The Muslim conquered the area shortly after Islam was started in the 7th century.  It has been fought over probably more than any other place in the world by different groups.  The Jews have a perfect right to their homeland.  So in the 20th century they were able to finally get it back.  It was their land and is their land.  Get over it.  Jews have been hated throughout the world for around two thousand years.  So your claims are all just part of that hate.   Nothing new.  Same garbage that led to the Holocaust and murder of six millions Jews in the gas chambers.

2 hours ago, betsy said:

That's not the same as saying pro-PALESTINIANS should be stopped from rallying.  Just like pro-Israel have a voice, they too, have a voice in a democratic system.  However, the same hate rules should apply to them.

Unfortunately the rallies may be just a gang of antisemites who do not believe Israel has a right to exist.  How many Palestinians do not believe in Israel's right to a nation?  I am not in favour of antisemitic or anti-Israel rallies being permitted in Canada.  They may simply just be spreading their antisemitism and hate.  There are many trouble makers who have been allowed to immigrate into Canada and they bring their foreign wars with them.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Unfortunately the rallies may be just a gang of antisemites who do not believe Israel has a right to exist.  How many Palestinians do not believe in Israel's right to a nation?  I am not in favour of antisemitic or anti-Israel rallies being permitted in Canada.  They may simply just be spreading their antisemitism and hate.  There are many trouble makers who have been allowed to immigrate into Canada and they bring their foreign wars with them.

Don't get me wrong - I'm with Israel all the way!  But, we live in a democracy.

We'll just have to get leaders who'll choose carefully who we let in to Canada.

21 hours ago, taxme said:

What is with all of this stupid Israeli like propaganda drama nonsense with you anyway? You need to chill out. So,do you keep getting a big kick out of what you always keep bringing up like up above? Someone raped, someone murdered. Who was raped, who was murdered? It gets rather boring after awhile or is this all you can keep coming up with?  Bullshit. 

It has been on the news on TV several times where Hamas has been releasing prisoners. Do you ever watch the news on TV once in awhile or do you just watch Israeli TV propaganda news?  

In war everything is up for grabs. Both sides in the war will revel in and on their victories. Hello? 

Releasing prisoners?

3 after a month and a half is "releasing hostages"? At that rate it will take 100 months to release the hostages. Over 8 years. 

You're a terrorist propagandist now. Unbelievable. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, marcus said:

No one should care to listen to someone who doesn't know the history of the topic they're talking about

And yet here we are - with you replying once again :)  

And the history is irrelevant. History matters during times of peace.  Right now - Gaza started a war on October7th.  Israel responded with a deceleration of war. Until the war is over the history is bullshit - Gaza did what it did, Israel will do what it's got to do.

You cannot lie, explain away, excuse, blame, whine away those facts. Gaza started this war, Israel intends to finish it and that is their right, Gaza f*cked around and now they're finding out.

Once they lose and the war is over then discussions can begin about what happens next and what's happened in the past can be discussed but honestly - even then the history isn't all that relevant. 

This is simple - the past cannot be changed, the future cannot be known,  the present is the only thing you can control - what decisions and actions are you going to make today? What will you do to make the future you want happen? More war? Or will gaza finally be ready to give up on that.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

And the history is irrelevant.

Still, an important part of the history is that Hamas was busy spending all their time and money re-purposing water supply lines to make thousands upon thousands of rockets that were only powerful/accurate enough to be used to drop bombs on Israeli citizens. 

Edited by WestCanMan

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Such is the curse of war.  Collateral damages are inevitable.

This is the type of toxic and immoral thought that should be challenged. 

Is this how the Nazis explained away the killing of Jews?

"Oh well. Collateral damages are inevitable."

No Betsy. What Israel has done to the Palestinians should NOT be inevitable. 

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

That is just anti-Semitic propaganda and anti-Israel hate.

Adorable. The anti-semite card.

Being anti-Israel is not anti-semitic. It doesn't matter how hard you try to push for it.

This is why there are millions of Jews who are against zionism and against what Israel has been doing to the Palestinians.

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

Israel occupied that land several thousand years ago and it was fought over ever since.  The Romans took over two thousand years ago and destroyed Jerusalem.  The Jews were dispersed to different countries in the early centuries.  The Muslim conquered the area shortly after Islam was started in the 7th century.  It has been fought over probably more than any other place in the world by different groups.  The Jews have a perfect right to their homeland.  So in the 20th century they were able to finally get it back.  It was their land and is their land.  Get over it.  Jews have been hated throughout the world for around two thousand years.  So your claims are all just part of that hate.   Nothing new.  Same garbage that led to the Holocaust and murder of six millions Jews in the gas chambers.

We play with current rules. Not uncivilized rules.

If someone came to your house and tried to take over your house, saying that their ancestors lived there thousands of years ago, you would probably laugh at the idea, right?

What if they came with guns, and backed up by an army? Then you'd be Palestinian.

The Ottoman census of 1878 indicated the following demographics for the three districts that best approximated what later became Mandatory Palestine:

image.png.71b9ca8302f083e72c87706a04d1e939.png

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)

All of this BS about ancestorial homes is just that: BS.

The Palestinians are closer to the Israelites than the European Jews who migrated to Palestine. 

It's so god damn stupid to try to use the argument of ancestorial land.

21 hours ago, marcus said:

How about Candace Owens? She is part of the Dailywire family.

I'm sure many of our rightwing friends are familiar with them.

She seems to have a different take on whether a genocide is happening in Gaza than most of her colleagues at the DW. She has a different opinion than Ben Shapiro. One of the most hardcore zionists in the west, who is pushing for the U.S. to go to war on behalf of Israel.

Shapiro is an Israeli firster, just like some of the posters here in this forum.

Candace Owens has done something that most would not. She brought on a Jewish scholar, who specializes in the region, and someone who doesn't accept the bullshit Zionist narrative that is spewed by Israel and their followers:

Brother Nathaneal is another Jew who has a big problem with Jewish Zionism also. He is another Norman Finkelstein who tells it like it is. ?

1 hour ago, marcus said:

This is the type of toxic and immoral thought that should be challenged. 

Is this how the Nazis explained away the killing of Jews?

"Oh well. Collateral damages are inevitable."

No Betsy. What Israel has done to the Palestinians should NOT be inevitable. 

:rolleyes:

If course, you'd have to know the definition of "collateral damages."

injury inflicted on something other than an intended target (Merriam)

The nazis hunted down JEWS!

How can we say  TARGETTED PEOPLE were unintended casualties? 

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, betsy said:

That's not what he's asking.

He's asking if you're a PALESTINIAN, or a supporter.

Who knows half the time what he is talking about. He is way to emotional to try and explain anything to him. He is a pro-Israeli supporter and he does not want to hear anything else other than as to what happens to Jews in Israel. 

I am in support of all of the innocent Palestinian women and children that have and are still being bombed to death every day by Israel. 14,000 innocent Palestinian people have died since this feud began. Are you happy about that? Just asking. 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Who knows half the time what he is talking about. He is way to emotional to try and explain anything to him. He is a pro-Israeli supporter and he does not want to hear anything else other than as to what happens to Jews in Israel. 

I am in support of all of the innocent Palestinian women and children that have and are still being bombed to death every day by Israel. 14,000 innocent Palestinian people have died since this feud began. Are you happy about that? Just asking. 

lol - read his question.   It's simple.

Hahahahaha You showed me in the other thread you don't know the definition of anti-semite. 

Don't tell me you've got a problem understanding his question  too???

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Releasing prisoners?

3 after a month and a half is "releasing hostages"? At that rate it will take 100 months to release the hostages. Over 8 years. 

You're a terrorist propagandist now. Unbelievable. 

Well then, i was right when i said that Hamas had released some prisoners. I was told that never did happen. So, who is the liar here now? Has Israel released any of their prisoners yet? 

I do not know as to where you got this bullshit from that I am supposed to be a terrorist propagandist here at all, stupid. Just because i am supporting the innocent women and children that are being bombed every day by Israel now makes me a terrorist supporter? You are talking like a fool because you really are a fool. Unbelievable. 

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well then, i was right when i said that Hamas had released some prisoners. I was told that never did happen. So, who is the liar here now? Has Israel released any of their prisoners yet? 

I do not know as to where you got this bullshit from that I am supposed to be a terrorist propagandist here at all, stupid. Just because i am supporting the innocent women and children that are being bombed every day by Israel now makes me a terrorist supporter? You are talking like a fool because you really are a fool. Unbelievable. 

Did hamas released any of the current hostages yet?  That's what we're talking about here, aren't we?   The swap that's supposedly about to take place soon?

And yes, Israel had released Hamas prisoners (swap) in the past.

Stick to the issue!

My beef with this negotiation of a swap - how come only 50 hostages held by Hamas compared to 150 held by Israel? 

Unless they're saying......... an ISRAELI IS WORTH A WHOLE LOT MORE than Palestinians.

If that's the case, don't complain about "disproportionate" Palestinians deaths!

A thousand dead Israelis are worth perhaps 20,000 dead Palestinians!   That's what I get from this! :)

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Still, an important part of the history is that Hamas was busy spending all their time and money re-purposing water supply lines to make thousands upon thousands of rockets that were only powerful/accurate enough to be used to drop bombs on Israeli citizens. 

It's important in the sense they're currently shooting those rockets at civillian locations from atop hospitals and the like :)   but i'd be more tempted to refer to all that as 'current events' ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And yet here we are - with you replying once again :)  

I am teaching you and I am countering misinformation. It's a 2 in 1 value pack. :)

And the history is irrelevant. History matters during times of peace.  Right now - Gaza started a war on October7th. Israel responded with a deceleration of war. Until the war is over the history is bullshit - Gaza did what it did, Israel will do what it's got to do.

Only those who want to control the narrative within a narrow view would say "history is irrelevant".

Israel has been "mowing the lawn" in Gaza since 2006.

They have been breaking international law for decades. These are not opinions. These are facts.

You cannot lie, explain away, excuse, blame, whine away those facts. Gaza started this war, Israel intends to finish it and that is their right, Gaza f*cked around and now they're finding out.

Once they lose and the war is over then discussions can begin about what happens next and what's happened in the past can be discussed but honestly - even then the history isn't all that relevant. 

This is simple - the past cannot be changed, the future cannot be known,  the present is the only thing you can control - what decisions and actions are you going to make today? What will you do to make the future you want happen? More war? Or will gaza finally be ready to give up on that.

If winning means killing thousands of people, including over 5000 children, then I suppose that's a win for Israel.

However, Israel is losing the PR battle. They can no longer control the flow of information, as people get their information outside of mainstream media. The videos of the indiscriminate killing of civilians are reaching the western audience and this is why you're seeing a very large number of westerners speaking out against Israel's atrocities. 

The only thing Israel has left are the politicians who are still playing by the rules. Biden would not want to lose the millions dollars in donations from Pro-Israeli lobby groups, like AIPAC.

That's all that's left. The corrupt politicians.

Let's see if westerners will remember the support this vile, ugly country received by their governments, once elections come around. This is the only hope Israel has; Which is that people will forget or people will have no options as far as who they want to vote for.

Democrats? Republicans? Liberals? Conservatives?

1 hour ago, betsy said:

If course, you'd have to know the definition of "collateral damages."

injury inflicted on something other than an intended target (Merriam)

The nazis hunted down JEWS!

How can we say  TARGETTED PEOPLE were unintended casualties? 

Hi Betsy.

Except that when you flatten blocks after blocks, killing thousands of civilians, including over 5000 children, then this is not called targeted killing. It's called genocide.

I hope you will find it in yourself to call out Israel's immoral behaviour. Be a better person.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Did hamas released any of the current hostages yet?  That's what we're talking about here, aren't we?   The swap that's supposedly about to take place soon?

And yes, Israel had released Hamas prisoners (swap) in the past.

Stick to the issue!

My beef with this negotiation of a swap - how come only 50 hostages held by Hamas compared to 150 held by Israel? 

Unless they're saying......... an ISRAELI IS WORTH A WHOLE LOT MORE than Palestinians.

If that's the case, don't complain about "disproportionate" Palestinians deaths!

A thousand dead Israelis are worth perhaps 20,000 dead Palestinians!   That's what I get from this! :)

We are talking about Palestinians and their problems with Israel bombing the shit out of them every day. 

Jesus, how many Hamas prisoners does Israel have in their prisons? It would appear as though the Israelis have way more prisoners than Hamas. Maybe that is why the numbers are as they are. 3 - 1. 

The issue is to stop the bombing of Gaza so no more innocent people have to die. Got that? 

I know that the killing of innocent Palestinians is of no concern to you. You appear to cheer it on? It's all about Israel to you, right? 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, marcus said:

I am teaching you and I am countering misinformation. It's a 2 in 1 value pack. :)

You're teaching me how dense hamas supporters are, that's about it.  And i already knew :) 

Only those who want to control the narrative within a narrow view would say "history is irrelevant".

Only fools who have no argument at all would say "only those who.... ".  It's a cheezy debate trick. I guess it might still work in grade school - i take it that's your level of education? Don't waste my time with stupidity kid.

Israel isn't breaking any international laws.  Unlike gaza who very clearly did on 0ct 7.

And yes - winning means blowing up thousands of civilians when hamas chooses to use them as meat shields.  But despite the fact that's a war crime on hamas's part, you  are fine with them.

Hamas stupidly started a war it couldn't win. They obivously thought the international community would stop israel as they have done in the past.  But they're not. They've recognized israel's right to self defense and that hamas can not be allowed to survive.

Gaza overplayed it's hand and now they're paying the price, as they should.

Sorry your buddies are going to die but they literally brought it on themselves. No excuse for what they did.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Well then, i was right when i said that Hamas had released some prisoners. I was told that never did happen. So, who is the liar here now?

Who said that they never released any prisoners?

They released 1 dead prisoner and two that were alive but abused. 

Has Israel released any of their prisoners yet? 

Israel doesn't keep innocent civilians as meat shields or hostages. 

They keep actual prisoners in jail, and considering that the majority of Palestinians are terrorism supporters, any time they pick someone up there's better than a 50% chance that they're involved in terrorism. 

You're a terrorist supporter because you deny events that we all know to have occurred, stupid. 

Then you were pretending that only Israel was at war while Hamas was still launching thousands of boms at Israeli homes. 

Now you're pretending that Hamas is working in good faith by "releasing hostages" when they've released 1% of their hostages after almost 2 months. 

You're truly revolting. 

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You're teaching me how dense hamas supporters are, that's about it.  And i already knew :) 

Only fools who have no argument at all would say "only those who.... ".  It's a cheezy debate trick. I guess it might still work in grade school - i take it that's your level of education? Don't waste my time with stupidity kid.

Israel isn't breaking any international laws.  Unlike gaza who very clearly did on 0ct 7.

And yes - winning means blowing up thousands of civilians when hamas chooses to use them as meat shields.  But despite the fact that's a war crime on hamas's part, you  are fine with them.

Hamas stupidly started a war it couldn't win. They obivously thought the international community would stop israel as they have done in the past.  But they're not. They've recognized israel's right to self defense and that hamas can not be allowed to survive.

Gaza overplayed it's hand and now they're paying the price, as they should.

Sorry your buddies are going to die but they literally brought it on themselves. No excuse for what they did.

Your kind of thinking is becoming obsolete.

It has no basis in humanity. It has no basis in international law.

Your advocacy is archaic, inhumane and is being rejected.

I don't care for Hamas. They're just a tool used by Zionists to try to justify and explain away the atrocities being committed by the vile state of Israel against the Palestinians.

Israel's inhumane treatment of people is worse than the Chinese government's treatment of people. Israel is worse than the Russian government. They are killing more innocent people than the Iranian government.

Israel is the enemy of humanity.

My buddies are the innocent civilians that are being killed. You may have racist views of Palestinians, and want to advocate for their death, but I won't and I will continue to speak out against advocates of death and destruction. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

“And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”   Genesis 12:3 KJV   This is speaking of antisemites.

You should be ashamed of yourself for quoting the Bible.

What would Jesus say or do if he saw that you're advocating Israel's killing of innocent people, in his name?

It's so disgusting seeing people who call themselves religious and advocating for the deaths of people.

This goes out to the so-called Muslims who advocate for Hamas and other terror groups, and it goes out to the so-called Christians who sit back cheering for Israel's atrocities.

• Like 1