Is Trudeau supporting an organization which has a history of links to terrorism?

blackbird

The Liberals have no morality when it comes to votes. So sure, they could be giving them their backdoor support for votes. Why wouldn't they? This is the party that refused to outlaw or condemn the Tamil Tigers during their savage attacks in Sri Lanka because of a few Toronto ridings that had high Tamil voter numbers they wanted. Plus, they're led by a man whose every waking minute is spent trying to figure out how to make himself more popular.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 1

No question Sikhs are on the macho side of the ledger, if I may generalize more than a little bit. It’s a martial faith like Islam. My wife’s people were Biharis, also quick to anger. I think I’m more comfortable with Southern Indians, an easier-going crowd. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

No question Sikhs are on the macho side of the ledger, if I may generalize more than a little bit. It’s a martial faith like Islam. My wife’s people were Biharis, also quick to anger. I think I’m more comfortable with Southern Indians, an easier-going crowd. 

I don't think a group can survive their without a lot of backbone. Lots of cultures in that area were swept away by islam. 

1 minute ago, jatt47 said:

Yes, because mere practice of a religion = violent extremist in the racist mind.

No: saying that you should be carrying firearms around Surrey is absurd, and makes you look like a religious extremist. 

FYI this thread has nothing to do with Sikhs going to work, raising their children, and paying their taxes.

It's about a guy who funded terrorism and wanted Canada to interfere in a huge way Indian politics, hoping to bring about a "change" (partition) which has a really good chance of resulting in countless deaths. 

If I was racist, why would I care about deaths in India, genius? That makes no sense. 

FYI it's 100% certain that there are some terrorists within Canada's Sikh community. The conversation isn't about that at all. We're well past it. 

34 minutes ago, herbie said:

Generalize a lot?

A Sikh friend told me he didn't give two shits about Khalistan.

Yes, one out of 800,000.

Maybe you didn't watch the television news lately, but there were large crowds of them all carrying Kalistan signs.  There are 800,000 Sikhs in Canada.  They held a referendum and protests with signs recently.  I would be willing to believe the great majority favour separation from India to form Khalistan.  Seems to be a large part of their religion to have their own state, maybe a Sikh theocracy.  Kind of like Islam.  Why did they even bother coming to Canada if that is what they are obsessed with? Why did we let all these kind of people into Canada?  Liberal votes of course.  This has created a monster for the government to deal with.  The government is helpless now.

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

They held a referendum and protests with signs recently.  

The referendum was in Surrey, at Tamanawis School, which is at about 124th St.

I've seen signs as far out as 260th St in Langley, but I have no doubt that there are signs up out in Abbotsford as well. There is a very large Indian community out there.

The word "referendum" is troublesome imo, as it almost always refers to a binding vote.

The word "survey" or "poll" would be far more appropriate, neither of which carry decision-making clout.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jatt47 said:

So does a long beard, turban, kirpan or any other list of criteria to an external observer. 

Don't run to accusations of RACISM just because your feelings got hurt. 

Are you even gonna try to make the case that Nijjar wasn't a terrorist? Can you do that? Or do you just think it's ok?

Among the ਖਾਲਸਾ weapons are praised. Regulating a people based on what some other group might think is submission. 

Well if you're in this country you'll submit to our laws, so there's that.

If you decide not to submit, and you wanna run around with a shotgun, let me know. I'll bring some popcorn down there and see how long your anti-submission fun lasts.

Edit - also if everyone carried guns then you wouldn't look like an outlier.

Not everyone should be carrying guns. 

British wanted to keep 5 Sikh Regiments in their army post independence. 

They're hella fine warriors. Why not? 

The same ones scuttling that deal (think of how culturally impactful that'd be post 9/11) are assassinating Sikhs abroad now.. 

ਅਕਾਲ 

That part didn't make sense.

Are you saying Britain scuttled the deal that they wanted and now they're assassinating Sikhs all over the world?  

If India scuttled that deal that makes sense, maybe they didn't want to lose those soldiers, but they aren't killing their own soldiers.

Just exactly how many Sikhs are being murdered in India and abroad? AFAIK there were 2 terror suspects that were murdered here in Canada in the last 40 years. If the gov't was killing a couple Hell's angels every 40 years I wouldn't give a crap. 

Why do you get upset when a guy like Nijjar gets killed? Are you worried about the affront to Canada's sovereignty too? Are you going to try to make the case that he wasn't a terrorist? Do you think that it was wrong to kill him even if he was a terrorist? 

1 hour ago, jatt47 said:

So does a long beard, turban, kirpan or any other list of criteria to an external observer. 

The guy makes a valid point and you try to play the race card?

I am curiuos - Do you feel that makes your argument MORE valid? Do you think people respect your opinion MORE when you do that? You're not concerned people would see you as an ignorant bigot?

Oh FFS don't accuse people of racism just because they're being racist, eh?
A bunch of people with a common cause waving signs must be an organization they're all members of too, huh?

Just like you heard of a homosexual pedophile so they must all be pedophiles''

"Someone" just shot another supporter in Winnipeg now. Must be an utter coincidence.

1 hour ago, jatt47 said:

It's racist to say the Sikh practice of Weapons Worship is violent extremism.

Not going to hear anything else on it..

Oh - so you're an intolerant bigot with no logical or reasoned  argument who's mad because "muh feels"

Gotcha.  Yeah you're really not reinforcing that stereotype at all or anything.  You go kiddo!!

• Haha 1

Abbotsford has a very large Sikh population and the oldest Sikh temple in North America. Seems to be a non issue in this community, it didn't even make the local paper this week. Front page was all about SOGI demonstrations.

This movement seems to be pretty much a Surrey thing.

Edited by Aristides

3 hours ago, jatt47 said:

The replacement will continue until morale improves.

Yeah... that's not the quote....  that doesn't even make sense.   Well - it's not like anyone expected much from you.

The stereotypes exist in your head alongside the voices!

I take it you're talking to your mirror

ਅਕਾਲ

אתה טיפש

Edited by CdnFox

We’re focused on our issues here, what we did wrong, but an emerging superpower will change that. Modi’s illiberal regime targets Christians, Muslims, Dalits and secular Hindus, both at home and abroad. The campaign is not as centrally directed as the one from our friends in Beijing but there’s no doubt the government approves. 

Jangam is one of several Canadian academics whose work relates to India who say they are being harassed and threatened by diaspora groups for being critical of both the country's politics under Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Hindutva, the right-wing political ideology it espouses. 

"There is a growing violence against Muslims and Dalits," said Jangam, who is Dalit — the lowest strata of the Hindu caste system. It's a group previously called "untouchables" because their low status meant they weren't even touched by others.  

"I come from that background. I have a social responsibility and also moral responsibility to speak out."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/academics-harassed-criticism-india-politics-1.6402486

On 9/22/2023 at 12:28 PM, I am Groot said:

The Liberals have no morality when it comes to votes. So sure, they could be giving them their backdoor support for votes. Why wouldn't they? This is the party that refused to outlaw or condemn the Tamil Tigers during their savage attacks in Sri Lanka because of a few Toronto ridings that had high Tamil voter numbers they wanted. Plus, they're led by a man whose every waking minute is spent trying to figure out how to make himself more popular.

I don’t think any mention of Tamil Tiger savagery is fair without including the decades of injustice faced by Tamils in Sri Lanka. Quite apart from the war, there’s another reason so many left. They were punished relentlessly for their success in business and academics. 

What is utterly disgraceful but not surprising is the fact that Canada treated such migrants far better than India, their ancestral home:

https://jrs.net/en/story/after-40-years-sri-lankan-tamil-refugees-in-india-need-durable-solutions/

Edited by SpankyMcFarland