Jump to content

Is Trudeau supporting an organization which has a history of links to terrorism?


blackbird

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

"The remnants of the aircraft fell into the sea approximately 190 kilometres (120 miles) off the coast of Ireland, killing all 329 people aboard, including 268 Canadian citizens, 27 British citizens, and 24 Indian citizens.[3] The bombing of Air India Flight 182 is the worst terrorist attack in Canadian history"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Oh well hey. Trudeau shrugs?


I remember that day. As far as I know the Cork pathologists did all the subsequent autopsies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

No. It should not be an offence in Canada, India or Timbuktu to advocate for new countries. If a country can’t tolerate that then it’s not a real democracy. 

That's not how it works with Sikhs.  There has been a lot of violence in India and brought to Canada with the blowing up Air India plane in 1985.  Thousands have died in India in fighting.  One PM was assassinated in revenge of Indian authorities occupying the Golden Temple.  Lot of people have been killed over the issue.  This is not something that anyone in Canada should be involved in.  Protesting for this issue should be illegal in Canada.  No good can come of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

No it isn't - where in the constitution does it say that?  It absolutely is not,

It is generally recognized both in canada and internationally however that if a population wishes to seperate then (with caveates) they should be allowed to do so - but the very idea was a major constitutional crisis for canada when the first referendums came up in quebec.

 

Quebec won a legal battle in court that said they were allowed to separate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

"The remnants of the aircraft fell into the sea approximately 190 kilometres (120 miles) off the coast of Ireland, killing all 329 people aboard, including 268 Canadian citizens, 27 British citizens, and 24 Indian citizens.[3] The bombing of Air India Flight 182 is the worst terrorist attack in Canadian history"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Oh well hey. Trudeau shrugs?

Mulroney was PM during the Air India fiasco.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If a country can’t tolerate that then it’s not a real democracy. 

If you can't understand the fact that many people have already died over this and all it does is lead to more violence, you do not understand the matter.  You cannot make people be peaceful if that is not in them to be.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:


I remember that day. As far as I know the Cork pathologists did all the subsequent autopsies. 

Glad I could help you to remember. Does it make you want to reframe your position on the Sikh separatists?

Or do you, and Aristides, still insist on welcoming the terrorists into our homes with open arms?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

An independent Punjab would be much richer than India as a whole. It’s the bread basket of the country.

A huge reason that India won't let it go. Food is becoming more and more valuable as the population goes up, and India needs a lot of food.

Quote

Modern India was carved out of British India, itself an entirely artificial and recent construct imposed by foreign invaders. It has c.120 languages and 1.4 billion people, kinda like Europe many times over. All that diversity doesn’t necessarily belong together. 

I was talking about Alberta lol.

Quote

It’s insanity to take it lightly anywhere but all countries come and go. They are artificial constructs created for the welfare and convenience of their inhabitants. Only tyrants and their ilk think there’s something eternal and inherently sacred about borders. 

Borders are good imo. If we didn't have countries we'd have city states, earldoms, etc and we'd probably all be fighting like dogs again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Glad I could help you to remember. Does it make you want to reframe your position on the Sikh separatists?

Or do you, and Aristides, still insist on welcoming the terrorists into our homes with open arms?

 

If you gathered that from what I have said, then I have not said it clearly enough. I deplore unreservedly any violence in Canada in the furtherance of terrorist movements abroad and I have already criticized the pusillanimity of successive Canadian governments in tackling violent Sikh extremism. I reminisce merely to point out that I’ve been following this story most of my adult life and even before I immigrated to Canada. We were ready to do some of those cases. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

A huge reason that India won't let it go. Food is becoming more and more valuable as the population goes up, and India needs a lot of food.

So how are we to change borders peacefully in this world? Say it became the settled wish of Punjabis to leave, what then? Must they stay in India until the country disappears under an asteroid or what? And does that apply everywhere? I think the Scottish referendum offers the way forward: a clear question and a simple vote. Borders should not become eternal prison walls obstructing the march of a nation. 

 

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Borders are good imo. If we didn't have countries we'd have city states, earldoms, etc and we'd probably all be fighting like dogs again. 

Yes, borders are good but they are not good for the next million years. They have to be adjusted as people change and that shouldn’t require a war every time. This isn’t the 19’th century. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

If you gathered that from what I have said, then I have not said it clearly enough. I deplore unreservedly any violence in Canada in the furtherance of terrorist movements abroad and I have already criticized the pusillanimity of successive Canadian governments in tackling violent Sikh extremism. I reminisce merely to point out that I’ve been following this story most of my adult life and even before I immigrated to Canada. 

Sorry, I thought you had said that Sikh separatists, whom use and condone terrorism, and praise terrorists as martyrs, deserve to be recognized by Canada. Like Aristedes said.

How is it not like Quebec separatism?

;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Sorry, I thought you had said that Sikh separatists, whom use and condone terrorism, and praise terrorists as martyrs, deserve to be recognized by Canada. Like Aristedes said.

How is it not like Quebec separatism?

;) 

Advocating for new countries on this planet should not be a crime in and of itself. It’s certainly not a crime in Canada. Holding ‘referendums’ to support such claims should not be a crime either and certainly not a capital crime. Only the maniacs of the PRC and their fellow travellers get outraged by that kind of thing. However, as I have already explained, once people start testing bombs in forests, as Sikh terrorists did before Air India, a definite line has been crossed. That should have been nipped in the bud.   

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

No they don't. So this didn't start with JT, it's been going on for forty years under both parties.

You are contradicting yourself.  Never said it hasn't been going on a long time.  Funny how JT appears in photo ops though with Khalistan supporters.  He simply doesn't understand the ramifications of his supporting them.  They are looked upon as terrorists in India with good reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Advocating for new countries on this planet should not be a crime in and of itself.

That is not how things work in many countries.  There are many places where separatists are only interested in violence.   They are not peaceful and not interested in democracy.  Like the Taliban in Afghanistan.  They want to impose their own radical ideology on everyone.  I tried to explain that but you can't seem to understand that groups that want things by violence cannot be given any leeway.  A so-called Khalistan would be a Sikh religious theocracy.

What you think about how things should be or how things are peacefully done in Canada is not how it works in the rest of the world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blackbird said:

That is not how things work in many countries.  There are many places where separatists are only interested in violence.   They are not peaceful and not interested in democracy.  Like the Taliban in Afghanistan.  They want to impose their own radical ideology on everyone.  I tried to explain that but you can't seem to understand that groups that want things by violence cannot be given any leeway.  A so-called Khalistan would be a Sikh religious theocracy.

What you think about how things should be or how things are peacefully done in Canada is not how it works in the rest of the world.

Your comments also apply to governments in these other countries. Modi’s government is imposing its extreme version of Hinduism on the country and doesn’t hesitate to use violence against peaceful critics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

No they don't. So this didn't start with JT, it's been going on for forty years under both parties.

Speaking of JT.  Wasn’t he just over in India for the G20?  Why did he pop off in parliament with his accusations, like that did any good…it looked like an attempt to make headlines for some unknown reason.

Its just another distraction, this barking-like-a-seal about something that few Canadians were worrying about this summer.  He obviously should have handled this while his plane was being repaired.  
 

Which reminds me, the broken down jet of a PM.  That whole thing is weirder than weird.  It wouldn’t surprise me if the two news stories were somehow related.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

And that’s not a good way to start, is it? The Khalistan movement has many critics within Canada’s Sikh community and some have paid a price for speaking out. 

That's exactly why we should never have been bringing all kinds of immigrants into Canada from the third world.  We also should not be getting involved in other countries internal affairs in places like India and elsewhere.   But many Canadians do not understand the consequences and want to be good boy scouts for the rest of the world.  Canadians that get heavily involved in other countries have a very naive view of the world and think the world revolves around them and they believe they can change the world.  This is especially true of the Liberals and NDP. This is the same old story with Canada and China.  Not wise.  Books could be written on this subject and some have.  Canada's foreign relations policy is a disaster.  Disastrous decisions are made by our governments one after another.  Canada's policy re the middle east and the U.N. is another disaster.  Look at the disaster that happened in Rwanda.  Canada cannot save the world and should realize it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For forty years we’ve had a problem with Sikh extremism. Now we’re in a tough spot. If we jump on it pronto what sort of message does that send to other governments unhappy with the activities of diaspora Canadians here? That they have to shoot a few on Canadian streets to get our attention? 

The world is shifting. Authoritarian regimes are bringing their brand of justice to our door. The dismemberment of a US resident in Istanbul had no serious consequences for Saudi psychopath MBS and you can bet your bottom dollar that many leaders accustomed to killing their own at home took note of that. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,750
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...