New Political Party On The Horizon?

It's mostly made up of old times deadbeats and losers, like charest.  I really doubt it'll get off the ground and i doubt it would appeal to many if it did.

The libs are likely to go down VERY hard in the next election, and they'll know precisely why -  they drifted too far to the left and that was kind of a fad, and now that voters have had a taste of what life on the left is like (no home, no lights , no motorcar, not a single luxury) they're not going to be interested.  So - after they lose the liberal party will miraculously attempt to move back to the center as if they never left.

The cpc will and does have at least one foot in the center, contrary to the opinion of the radical left who sees anyone right of castro as a nazi. 

So a "centrist" party would be squeezed badly in between both and they'd quickly find that all their policies already existed on one side or the other, and there'd be no distinguishing them.

Fringe parties work when they're on the fringe.  Not when they're mimicking mainstream.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Canadian_Cavalier said:

The Red Tory advocacy group Centre Ice Canadians (formerly Centre Ice Conservatives) say they will have an "announcement of interest". Based off their past posts, they could very well be implying that they're creating a new "centrist" political party.

Great, another party to divide the right/centrist vote..... LOL

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

In my opinion, they're more likely to take votes from the LPC, from 120 year olds in Atlantic Canada who don't like Trudeau that much but can't stand Poilievre's "populism" because the CBC told them he's the devil incarnate.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I doubt it'll be the right/center vote they're after.  They'll go for the left center for sure. That's where there's the most room at the moment and where ontario lives. I suspect they're going to try to wedge in as the new liberal party basically.  Close to the center but just to the left and block out justin from centrist voters while giving those who think justin's too far left but the CPC is to the right a place to go

That'll be the theory. Historically parties in the middle of two strong parties tend to get squeezed out

9 minutes ago, Nexii said:

I'll be surprised if they even run in the next election. As in field candidates in all ridings, there isn't that much time. Guess we'll see.

Canada already has a lot more parties than most countries that use FPTP. If anything I'd expect some consolidation.

They'll have an even harder time of it than the people's party did.  It's not hard to 'field candidates' if you've got the money, you can put anyone down and their home address as the riding office, but even then i doubt they'll scare up enough interest. They'll probably focus on Ontario

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

I doubt it'll be the right/center vote they're after.  They'll go for the left center for sure. That's where there's the most room at the moment and where ontario lives. I suspect they're going to try to wedge in as the new liberal party basically.  Close to the center but just to the left and block out justin from centrist voters while giving those who think justin's too far left but the CPC is to the right a place to go

That'll be the theory. Historically parties in the middle of two strong parties tend to get squeezed out

For sure the center is available but, it also splits the right.

I agree, the smaller parties get lost but, they take votes. if the conservatives are looking at a new party, it will divide them. Peter whatsisame messed with the conservative status quo last time.

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Hard or soft boiled, they come from the same egg carton.

What came first, the carton or the eggs?

There's Brown White large extra large. By the doz or half doz. In any case it's what you do with them that matters.

There's fried, poached, pickled, dried, raw, and of course boiled, soft or hard.

Note how fragile they are in a carton.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

For sure the center is available but, it also splits the right.

In a way.  I doubt it'd actually split the right.   But some blue libs and red tories who don't feel comfortable with the libs or the CPC but who were accessible to those parties depending on the circumstances might feel they have another choice and become inaccessible.

But to be honest - i've been hearing what these guys have been muttering since the leadership race and all they are is SLIGHTLY more center liberals.  And the liberals is where they'll tend to pull from vote wise. But really - i don't think they'll have much influence either way.

Edited by CdnFox
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There's Brown White large extra large. By the doz or half doz. In any case it's what you do with them that matters.

There's fried, poached, pickled, dried, raw, and of course boiled, soft or hard.

????

What the hell is wrong with you today? Have you been dating myata or something?!!?

• Haha 1

Would be an interesting and much needed development in the stale political atmosphere in the country. But before setting up new parties (easy) one needs a normal multi-party parliamentary system that is simply not  possible without fair representation. That would be the hard one. And without it, the news doesn't worth the attention a storm in a cup.

Here's a idea of a practical project: all groups that are interested in the change set up a federal party, jointly, state the purpose clearly, and take it to a win, maybe after a few elections. It needs to be done only once, then breaking into parties would make all the sense.

16 hours ago, Canadian_Cavalier said:

The Red Tory advocacy group Centre Ice Canadians (formerly Centre Ice Conservatives) say they will have an "announcement of interest". Based off their past posts, they could very well be implying that they're creating a new "centrist" political party.

If it has the word "conservative" in the name, leftists equate that with "we eat babies". 

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

He,s from BC they got special eggs there... Vegan eggs..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, herbie said:

Bring back the Progressive Conservatives. I could at least think of them without puking a little....

I must of caught something like that, i got to sh*t hard when thinking of any party on the left...got so bad i can only do a few posts a night... 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Nope. I guess that was a lot of pronouns for you guys, anything other than straight conservative and commie is to non-binary.

Your pronoun is 'egg'?  What are you, a poultrysexual?  Scratch that - don't want to know...

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

He,s from BC they got special eggs there... Vegan eggs..... 

He's a bit of an eggsitentialist.