The Little Mermaid from Disney suddenly black.

RedDog

• 1 month later...

I don't see the issue with a black little mermaid.

What I do see as problematic is this agenda to make roles that aren't held by people of color, all of a sudden held by people of color, to appear progressive. You know, vs the actor being the best possible person for the role.

Again, still okay.

Its the woke talking points that come with it, that get tiresome.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I don't see the issue with a black little mermaid.

What I do see as problematic is this agenda to make roles that aren't held by people of color, all of a sudden held by people of color, to appear progressive. You know, vs the actor being the best possible person for the role.

Again, still okay.

Its the woke talking points that come with it, that get tiresome.

Confusing. Are you okay with the black mermaid or no?  Is it problematic or okay?

Is talking about it okay?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like this in the slightest. The Little Mermaid is a famous children's story. If these woke nutcases want a new children's story highlighting black people...create one. An original one.

I also thought making Captain Marvel a woman was fcking stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, Nationalist said:

The movie didn't do good last time I checked. 

On 11/1/2023 at 8:14 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Are you okay with the black mermaid or no?

I couldn't care less about the little mermaid being black, blue or purple.

Its a fictitious character!

As long as the movie is good, that's all that should matter.

However I have seen recent female heroine movies where the entire movie it seems, is hell bent on s******g on men and masculinity while making men look weak, and women look like they don't need them. 

With no shock, these movies often tanked at the box office.

People making movies should never forget you're paid to entertain people, not lecture them.

Purple Hearts was a movie I watched last year, and wanted the time I gave it back.

Literally spent an entire movie pushing BLM, woke culture and just overall making you hate a character you were supposed to feel for. 

Where I would have an issue  would be non fictitious roles being played by a person  of the wrong skin color.

IE Another movie about Jesus, but the actor is black.

A movie about Ghandi, but the actor is Japanese.

A movie about Rosa Parks and the lead is played by Ashley Olsen.

You're literally spitting on the legacies of these people. That to me, is where it would be utterly unnacceptable. 

Fiction is fair game, but stick to entertainment and keep the virtue signaling out of the equation.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:03 AM, Nationalist said:

I don't like this in the slightest. The Little Mermaid is a famous children's story. If these woke nutcases want a new children's story highlighting black people...create one. An original one.

There’s no such thing as a black mermaid?

29 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

This is The Little Mermaid..

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0097757/mediaviewer/rm3415846912/?ref_=tt_md_2

Must you limp noodles mug Childrens stories too? Is nothing sacred at all to you freaks?

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

This is The Little Mermaid..

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0097757/mediaviewer/rm3415846912/?ref_=tt_md_2

Must you limp noodles mug Childrens stories too? Is nothing sacred at all to you freaks?

And Jesus was turned into a white guy by Westerners.  Not concerned about either, except one is about an actual person and the other is a MERMAID. 

Just now, TreeBeard said:

And Jesus was turned into a white guy by Westerners.  Not concerned about either, except one is about an actual person and the other is a MERMAID. 

Like I said...nothing is sacred to you Tweenkies. Your just a bunch of trash.

On 1/14/2024 at 9:47 PM, TreeBeard said:

That's not the point. Disney made the mermaid black simply to show how "progressive" they are. They thought that shit would sell and they were wrong. If they were really progressive the could have searched for a black author or story teller who had an original idea and could have made that story into a Disney classic. Instead they just slapped black face in the little mermaid and thought people would just buy it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Disney made the mermaid black simply to show how "progressive" they are. They thought that shit would sell…

So they made a business decision to try and capture a new paying audience.  So what?

I can’t believe social conservatives set their hair on fire over the colour of mermaids.    LOL

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So they made a business decision to try and capture a new paying audience.  So what?

I can’t believe social conservatives set their hair on fire over the colour of mermaids.    LOL

I don't really care but clearly it was an asinine move 

Again you miss the point. Even the people they intended to attract to the movie didn't buy their pretend progressiveness. 

28 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Explain why a mermaid can’t be black. 

The point is, The Little Mermaid is a classical story for kids. Jack asses like you, decided to alter the main character in order to push a racist agenda. To further divide people along racial and ideological lines. To cause friction. The real question is why?

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The point is, The Little Mermaid is a classical story for kids. Jack asses like you, decided to alter the main character in order to push a racist agenda. To further divide people along racial and ideological lines. To cause friction. The real question is why?

I didn’t alter anything.  But why can’t the owner of the intellectual property rights for the character alter whatever they want for any reason?

What ownership, other than  apparently really, really loving the white mermaid, do you have over the story?  

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I didn’t alter anything.  But why can’t the owner of the intellectual property rights for the character alter whatever they want for any reason?

What ownership, other than  apparently really, really loving the white mermaid, do you have over the story?  

What purpose did changing the colour of Ariel serve? You seem to support the change. To what purpose?

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

What purpose did changing the colour of Ariel serve? You seem to support the change. To what purpose?

I clearly stated I didn’t care.  Make her green. (You probably wouldn’t have a problem with a green mermaid though…. hmm….)

I’m just fascinated why social conservatives put such importance on a non-existent  mermaid being white.  

Are you this upset when Jesus is depicted as white, rather than His actual skin colour?

Edited by TreeBeard

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I clearly stated I didn’t care.  Make her green. (You probably wouldn’t have a problem with a green mermaid though…. hmm….)

I

Then why are you defending the decision?