Climate crisis is a farce.

taxme

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

I'm suggesting that insurance companies don't act out of hysteria, they are bean counters who deal in numbers.

You don't understand how they work.

THey don't just look at the numbers in one area - they look at their liability over all.

So - lets say that a house in vancouver is considered threat level 2 out of 10, and a house in the okanagan is considered 8.

Well - that's fine, that set the prices.  But it doesn't set who they'll cover

BUT - if there's been a lot of claims and their reserves take a beating, what they often do to protect themslves is stop offering insurance in areas of higher risk.

That allows them to issue MORE insurance policies within their current reserves.  You have to have the reserves to cover the possible losses after all.

SO - i can insure 10 homes at risk level 2 -  or 2 homes at risk level 8.  If i'm a smart insurer i stop insuring the 8's and take the 2's.

It's got sweet eff all to do with climate change.

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

And they have every right to be bean counters. Your woke advice will only bring financial ruin. 

As i noted above - he doesn't know beans about insurance.  ';)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You don't understand how they work.

THey don't just look at the numbers in one area - they look at their liability over all.

So - lets say that a house in vancouver is considered threat level 2 out of 10, and a house in the okanagan is considered 8.

Well - that's fine, that set the prices.  But it doesn't set who they'll cover

BUT - if there's been a lot of claims and their reserves take a beating, what they often do to protect themslves is stop offering insurance in areas of higher risk.

That allows them to issue MORE insurance policies within their current reserves.  You have to have the reserves to cover the possible losses after all.

SO - i can insure 10 homes at risk level 2 -  or 2 homes at risk level 8.  If i'm a smart insurer i stop insuring the 8's and take the 2's.

It's got sweet eff all to do with climate change.

As i noted above - he doesn't know beans about insurance.  ';)

These perverts think everything has to work around them. It's why everyone else can't stand them. lol

Edited by Deluge
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deluge said:

These perverts think everything has to work around them. It's why everyone else can't stand them. lol

LOL -  it kind of reminds me of a teacher i had who was religious. He was a PE teacher and everything he told us to do he justified by trying to tie it to biblical verse, often with hilarious results.  But-  everything he looked at and though of he ran through the filter of his religion.

CLimate people today are the same.   If prices go up - it must be climate change.  If there's more reruns on tv - thats climate change.  If you don't like vanilla ice cream that MUST mean you're a climate denier.  Those really big assed hairy spiders that you find in the garage? Climate change puts them there. 

SO when they see an area get a change in status for insurance  - it MUST be climate change.

But what they didn't know is that suddenly out of the blue in 2020 the major insurers also stopped insuring a wide number of strata buildings in vancouver.  For the reasons i mentioned above.  They'd taken beatings on their insurance portfolios for years for various reasons and they wanted to only accept low risk - it wasn't that the risk had changed, it was that they simply had less appitite for it.

So was that climate change? Nope.  :)

But - everything they see is definitely climate change.

I swear - if the stains don't come out of their shirt they think its because climate change is affecting the tide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Not to the insurance companies, they deal in reality.

Reality like how home sales have died here as no one will insure homes or home mortgages because fires came within 30km of the 'cement city' part of the town. A friend just sold their hobby farm taking a large non-refundable deposit and an open ended closure date as the buyer could not mortgage at this time due to that.

Edited by herbie
Correction: they gave them one year, not actually open-ended.

Not to the insurance companies, they deal in reality. Four major companies have left Florida in the last year.

All of them said it wasn't due to climate change.

Yeash.

And i posted all that here before - they were very clear it had nothing to do with climate change and more to do with volatility in the cost of labour and materials to conduct repairs.  So it made pricing out the insurance hard.

But hey - of course you've got to lie about it. The truth sure doesn't help your argument so what else can you do.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

All of them said it wasn't due to climate change.

Yeash.

And i posted all that here before - they were very clear it had nothing to do with climate change and more to do with volatility in the cost of labour and materials to conduct repairs.  So it made pricing out the insurance hard.

But hey - of course you've got to lie about it. The truth sure doesn't help your argument so what else can you do.

Of course, the little liar neglected to mention that part. lol

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You actually think only democrats are effected? You can't be that thick. Or can you?

I think every person who thinks climate change (crisis) is real needs to get away from extreme weather. Find the mildest climate you can find and get your ass over there, toot sweet. It's simple. 

Edited by Deluge

4 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I think every person who thinks climate change (crisis) is real needs to get away from extreme weather. Find the mildest climate you can find and get your ass over there, toot sweet. It's simple. 

Extreme weather is coming after you. I live in a rain forest but we are undergoing the longest period of drought and worst fire season ever.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Extreme weather is coming after you. I live in a rain forest but we are undergoing the longest period of drought and worst fire season ever.

No it isn't. Earlier this year, we went through the longest winter in decades - snow and cold everywhere: It was January almost all the way through April. Water levels are back up and we had a beautiful green Summer. Everything is fine here, so my advice is that you get your ass out of the rain forest, and move to somplace normal. ;)

Edited by Deluge
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

No it isn't. Earlier this year, we went through the longest winter in decades - snow and cold everywhere: It was January almost all the way through April. Water levels are back up and we had a beautiful green Summer. Everything is fine here, so my advice is that you get your ass out of the rain forest, and move to somplace normal. ;)

I thought you said your climate was mild.

So you want all those "libbies" you hate to come and live with you.

Nope. I want all the "libbies" to stop disrupting other people's lives. If those a$$holes can talk about climate change without holding up traffic or trying to f*ck with our current energy sources, then knock yourselves out. ;)

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

Nope. I want all the "libbies" to stop disrupting other people's lives. If those a$$holes can talk about climate change without holding up traffic or trying to f*ck with our current energy sources, then knock yourselves out. ;)

You want them to move to a place where weather is more consistent. You say you live in such a place. 

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You want them to move to a place where weather is more consistent. You say you live in such a place. 

Nope. I want them to stop disrupting other people's lives. If those a$$holes can talk about climate change without holding up traffic or trying to f*ck with our current energy sources, then knock yourselves out. ;)

Yes, the weather here is consistent. 

Edited by Deluge

10 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Nope. I want them to stop disrupting other people's lives. If those a$$holes can talk about climate change without holding up traffic or trying to f*ck with our current energy sources, then knock yourselves out. ;)

Yes, the weather here is consistent. 

Sounds like an invitation to me.