Another blow for freedom of speech in Canada

20 minutes ago, myata said:

So you enter a contract "willingly" that lets put food on the table. A personal service contract. Done deal and no questions asked. In China North.

You seem to think scattering the words "China North" into your posts helps things... I don't get it.  Moving on...

• Like 3

Are there any limits to what fundamental rights can be assigned away under a "contract" with a mild or not so, incentive? Are there any limits to severity of punishments associations can impose on citizens, without any requirement of a due process?

In a real democracy vs. China North?

Edited by myata
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

Are there any limits to what fundamental rights can be assigned away under a "contract" with a mild or not so, incentive? Are there any limits to severity of punishments associations can impose on citizens, without any requirement of a due process?

In a real democracy vs. China North?

You realize if there was no freedom of speech all the blather you have been spouting for years would not be allowed?

Try blowing your mouth off in China....LOL You would have mysteriously disappeared  a long time ago LOL

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Would you care to enlighten us what this revelation is?

You should be capable enough to figure that out, but I would say that the revelation is

1.  That Justin Trudeau is the worst PM that Canada has ever had or,

2.  That Justin Trudeau ignited the chain of events that led to the convoy occupation/protests and that is another proof of the incompetence of Trudeau and the government.

Carson Jerema: Tamara Lich exposed the incompetence of the Canadian state (msn.com)

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You realize if there was no freedom of speech all the blather you have been spouting for years would not be allowed?

You realize Jordan Peterson has over a million followers on his youtube channel and therefore when he speaks against Trudeau, government authoritarianism, and globalism, he is a natural target.  It doesn't take much to figure the liberal left will go after those commentators who have a large following and ignore anyone on forums like this that have only a handful of readers.   The liberal government is going after the large internet companies like Google, Meta, Facebook, Twitter etc. because that is where millions of users can be found.  Government control is for mass population control, not individuals here and there that have no following.  Nobody cares what someone says on these kind of forums.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, myata said:

That's pretty much sums it up. Better than China will have to do it.. if only some and for a while. Canada's idea of democracy.

Questioning your claim that you have no freedom of speech here in Canada. You have no basis for that accusation

I mentioned China but there are other countries where you cannot speak against government at all and here, you can say anything you want...and you certainly do LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You realize Jordan Peterson has over a million followers on his youtube channel and therefore when he speaks against Trudeau, government authoritarianism, and globalism, he is a natural target.  It doesn't take much to figure the liberal left will go after those commentators who have a large following and ignore anyone on forums like this that have only a handful of readers.   The liberal government is going after the large internet companies like Google, Meta, Facebook, Twitter etc. because that is where millions of users can be found.  Government control is for mass population control, not individuals here and there that have no following.  Nobody cares what someone says on these kind of forums.

You realize Jordan Peterson can say and has said anything he wanted.

He is a target for what? For who? Against who? By who?

The government is going against internet companies like Google, Meta, Facebook, Twitter etc. to try and make them pay for the shit you want to post and distribute and link.  Those companies should not have to pay for your social media folly. It is a good thing they cut off Canadian news links, you cannot pass misinformation anymore. LOL

Government is doing mass population control??? They are sterilizing people? You are whacked dude (or dudette) LOL

You seem to care what people say on these forums, you push your religious bullshit on almost every post LOL

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I mentioned China but here are other countries where you cannot speak against government

You don't want to see it in plain sight? Someone spoke and they got acted upon by an "association"; threatening an effective prohibition of profession, in a democratic country but what's there to worry? Is it just a coincidence? Perhaps, possibly, but how would you know that? What exists here, trusted and independent enough to assure us that it's only an innocent coincidence? I would be interested to know it, genuinely.

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

He is a target for what? For who? Against who? By who?

I already answered that if you had been paying attention to earlier posts this morning to Queen Mandy.  Jordan Peterson is a target of the liberal left because he speaks clearly and intelligently against liberalism, wokism, and globalism.  If anyone has over a million followers, and they are strongly critical of those ideologies, you bet the liberal left will try everything to silence them.

Edited by blackbird

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You seem to care what people say on these forums, you push your religious bullshit on almost every post LOL

LOL.  Only bullshit to those that are captives of Satan.   Your comments show it must twig your conscience; otherwise why you be choked up about it?   I realize few or nobody pays much attention but as God calls me to speak the truth, that is what I do.  I have done my part.  If people ignore it, that makes it their problem.

Edited by blackbird

8 minutes ago, myata said:

You don't want to see it in plain sight? Someone spoke and they got acted upon by an "association"; threatening an effective prohibition of profession, in a democratic country but what's there to worry? Is it just a coincidence? Perhaps, possibly, but how would you know that? What exists here, trusted and independent enough to assure us that it's only an innocent coincidence? I would be interested to know it, genuinely.

Holy shit....how much of that conspiracy kool aid did you drink today....too much I think LOL

An, "association" is far far from government. The "association" decide if you are fit to represent them and if you are not, out you go.

Edited by ExFlyer

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

LOL.  Only bullshit to those that are captives of Satan.   Your comments show it must twig your conscience; otherwise why you be choked up about it?   I realize few or nobody pays much attention but as God calls me to speak the truth, that is what I do.  I have done my part.  If people ignore it, that makes it their problem.

There you go again...more religious crap

Choked up? About what? Some closed minded religious fanatic that thinks there is a god telling you to speak??

Yup, you done your part alright, ....set back religion LOL

But then again, you did get the torture and murder idol worshipper convert and claim to be christian now LOL Be proud of your flock LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

you are fit to represent them and if you are not, out you go.

Wrong. They are not "representing" anybody; they are working in the profession they trained for and are competent in; the "associations" do not own the profession; they have not invented it and have no reasonable or even plausible rights to own it, and legitimate opinions of everyone working in it. The times have moved way on since medieval practices; we do not burn witches anymore and "associations" cannot police legitimate opinion of citizens in a democracy. The legitimacy of these claims now is based only on complacency of the population and incompetence of the courts.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

You're ready. Just replace "association" for "citizens committee", "party conduct office" and don't forget to grab the ticket on the way out.

Wrong,

A professional association is far more. Look it up but then if you do, you would have to admit how wrong you really are so.

I suspect you will not LOL

1 hour ago, myata said:

Wrong. They are not "representing" anybody; they are working in the profession they trained for and are competent in; the "associations" do not own the profession; they have not invented it and have no reasonable or even plausible rights to own it, and legitimate opinions of everyone working in it. The times have moved way on since medieval practices; we do not burn witches anymore and "associations" cannot police legitimate opinion of citizens in a democracy. The legitimacy of these claims now is based only on complacency of the population and incompetence of the courts.

Again, you are so wrong,.

A professional organization can and does allow you, by licensing to practice in your profession. To belong to the association, you must comply with its rules and regulations...be it doctors, lawyers or clinical psychologist if you don't you are out and not able to practice.

Tired of teaching you, so, goodbye :)

Edited by ExFlyer

A professional organization can and does allow you, by licensing to practice in your profession. To belong to the association, you must comply with its rules and regulations...be it doctors, lawyers or clinical psychologist if you don't you are out and not able to practice.

The way I understand it is that a 'professional organization' such as the 'Ontario Psychology Association' is completely voluntary and promotes the interests of their profession. On the other hand the 'College of Psychologists of Ontario' is the regulating body that does the regulating and licensing and is the only body that can issue licenses or take them away. The regulating body is different from the professional association as it serves the best interests of the public (and not the members), and gets its mandate by government decree and as such serves to act as an arm of government. I would have to assume that most other professional organizations and regulating bodies in Canada work the same way. Note that Peterson ran afoul with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and not the Ontario Psychology Association.

Edited by suds
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, myata said:

That's pretty much sums it up. Better than China will have to do it.. if only some and for a while. Canada's idea of democracy.

That’s very true.  The rhetoric used by our government is entirely negative and relativistic.  “Look how bad it is in China.”  “Putin is a dictator.” That’s the bellwether now for Liberals:  not as bad as _insert here__.  There’s no vision.

I liked Chrétien because he used to say, “Canada is the best country.”   He meant it.  He believed that no matter how you analyzed Canada’s past, the country was a model for a healthy democratic society, perhaps the model.

In 8 years Canadians have been sold a story by their own leaders about how shameful the country is.  It doesn’t take much investigation to realize that it’s an unfair characterization and that what generations of Canadians have built is exemplary, yet this government seems intent on driving up the cost of living, dividing the country, and making the people feel lousy about what we recently knew was an incredible achievement.

The fake feminism and sucking up to China and unaccountable international organizations and radical left domestic identity groups has shaken our confidence and left everyone poorer, sadder, and angrier.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

you push your religious bullshit

I am not going to fall into your trap of exchanging insults because I know where that comes from.

Maybe you came from some heathen third world country that brainwashed you against the Bible Christianity.  The Bible has lots of proof it came from God.  The message from the Bible is positive and good news for those that believe it.  If you think it is nonsense, you are wrong and only harming yourself in the long run.  However, I have bent over backwards to try to help you, but you throw insults in return.  So I will not say any more to you right now.

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

I am not going to fall into your trap of exchanging insults because I know where that comes from.

Maybe you came from some heathen third world country that brainwashed you against the Bible Christianity.  The Bible has lots of proof it came from God.  The message from the Bible is positive and good news for those that believe it.  If you think it is nonsense, you are wrong and only harming yourself in the long run.  However, I have bent over backwards to try to help you, but you throw insults in return.  So I will not say any more to you right now.

"I am not going to fall into your trap of exchanging insults". and away you go, insulting me LOL

I guess hypocrisy is part of your religious crap LOL

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, suds said:

On the other hand the 'College of Psychologists of Ontario' is the regulating body that does the regulating and licensing and is the only body that can issue licenses or take them away.

Are regulating bodies, as arms of the government allowed to violate fundamental rights of citizens, such as protection from arbitrary severe punishment? What was the coloring book for - pretty beavertale pictures, right?

13 hours ago, suds said:

The way I understand it is that a 'professional organization' such as the 'Ontario Psychology Association' is completely voluntary and promotes the interests of their profession. On the other hand the 'College of Psychologists of Ontario' is the regulating body that does the regulating and licensing and is the only body that can issue licenses or take them away. The regulating body is different from the professional association as it serves the best interests of the public (and not the members), and gets its mandate by government decree and as such serves to act as an arm of government. I would have to assume that most other professional organizations and regulating bodies in Canada work the same way. Note that Peterson ran afoul with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and not the Ontario Psychology Association.

You are correct but. "To become a psychological practitioner, you must apply for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, a process which requires 4 years of work experience and one year of supervised practice. In some provinces, you can be registered to practice as a psychologist with either a masters or doctoral degree.".  https://www.psych.on.ca/Public/About-Psychology/Professional-Comparison-Chart

He got kicked out of the The College of Psychologists of Ontario, the governing body for Psychologists and Psychological Associates in Ontario. https://cpo.on.ca/

Here is the judicial review https://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/peterson-v-college-of-psychologists-of-ontario/

My point was that he was and does and can say what he wants because he is. really not practising anymore. He, in Canada, and elsewhere he speaks has freedom of speech.

Edited by ExFlyer

"I am not going to fall into your trap of exchanging insults". and away you go, insulting me LOL

I guess hypocrisy is part of your religious crap LOL

So anyone that speaks any truth to you or anything you disagree with is insulting you.  OK, we are learning more of how your mind works.  Anything is an insult.  You still haven't told where you came from in the world that might help explain your strong opposition to anything to do with God and truth.  But to even mention that is of course an insult to you.

Edited by blackbird