Leftist brethren, if you would've known "sunny ways" would've meant struggling to make your mortgage payment, or purchase groceries due to Trudeau's policy, would you have voted for him still?

West

23 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Because that’s what colones do and economically speaking we’re still a colony who minds its place. 

in every respect Canada is still a colony

but there is nothing actually wrong with that

the colony that won the Great War in a Hundred Days from Amiens to Mons ; proud history

so you are a colony, so what ?

there is no dishonour therein

Britannia was a colony of Rome, founded in 43 AD

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, West said:

Truth.. he implemented a carbon tax which increases the price of transportation of goods... that tax is then passed on to consumers. 

Its diffused so its impact on the end user is minimal  - for example the fuel cost to manufacture and ship a product is minimal compared to the costs of raw materials, labour, machinery, advertising, packaging, real estate, etc.  In addition the cost is offset by rebates paid to taxpayers every 3 months. 

3 hours ago, West said:

Actually Trudeau did that

No you’re not paying attention and don’t understand how Canadian government works. 

3 hours ago, West said:

True. He targets the Alberta oil industry for not voting for him.

False. Repeating your original lie doesn’t make it true. 

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO - yes he does and they ABSOLUTELY make up the majority of inflation.  :) Housing and rent costs for example are a HUGE part of inflation and that's a direct result of bringing in more people than we have capacity for :)

LOL  - tell me you know nothing about this without telling me :)

They do not make up “the majority” of inflation. If that were the case inflation wouldn’t be worldwide problem that it is, it would just be a Canadian problem and even than only in major immigration centres like major cities. Immigration may LOCALLY CONTRIBUTE to upward inflationary pressures on real estate but that is not the primary cause of inflation driving up consumer prices across THE ENTIRE WORLD

PP said he would do those things and they all make  a massive difference :) 

Meanwhile we know what trudeau did, and that wasn't a very good result at all.
So - there you go.

Stupidest comment ever. We had cheap mortgages for two decades and had stable inflation.

The simple fact is right now we're bringing in more people than we have resources for.  We don't build homes fast enough and we don't have enough other infrastructure and they consume goods on top of it.  Housing is 30 -50 percent of the average person's income right now.  Its  a huge part of inflation.

Swing and a miss kid :) 

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Mortgages wee NEVER as cheap as they were in 2020 ams 2021. The prime rate was 0.25%!!!  You could get a 5-yr fixed for less than 2%

As someone who refinanced a cottage in 2021, sold a house last year and closed on another house this year I cam tell you first hand that cheap financing definitely drive up prices once the BOC dropped the rate. Our cottage valuation more than doubled and I assure you there were no immigrants snatching up properties in rural Muskoka.

As a buyer in the GTA it was discouraging to see every home receive 30+ offers and sell for 50% or more over asking with no conditions and that was not something that happened before the pandemic.  As a seller we benefited and sold our house for WAY more than it was ever valued prior to the pandemic. Our neighbour, who had the larger model of our home with an extra bedroom and nicer amenities sold for $720k in March 2020. We sold for $860k in July 2022, having paid $240k in 2007.  For reference our 2018 valuation placed the house at $590k. We eventually bought a house for $1.3M, double the price that identical houses on the street sold for in 2015. 

57 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

in every respect Canada is still a colony

but there is nothing actually wrong with that

the colony that won the Great War in a Hundred Days from Amiens to Mons ; proud history

so you are a colony, so what ?

there is no dishonour therein

Britannia was a colony of Rome, founded in 43 AD

Colonies are exploited. It seems Boudica didn’t care for the fact that her Roman allies subjected her to flogging and her daughters to gang rape as punishment for simply inheriting her husbands tribal chieftain title.   

The Romans eventually abandoned Britannia to Anglo-Saxon, Irish and Pictish Barbarian raiders who were attacking from all directions, ignoring pleas from the Romano-British locals. They were too busy fighting their own civil wars and barbarians on the continent to worry about the distant and insignificant colonials.  

Edited by BeaverFever

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Mortgages wee NEVER as cheap as they were in 2020 ams 2021. The prime rate was 0.25%!!!  You could get a 5-yr fixed for less than 2%

I know everything i'm talking about. A point or two on mortgages means nothing to the economy. It raises the price of the homes by a tiny amount, that's it.  Mortgagtes have been cheap since before 2008,  Sorry you didn't understand that.

If you want to explain how that slight reduction in mortgage rates lead to a 6 percent increase in inflation i'd love to hear it  :) ROFLMAO!

As someone who refinanced a cottage in 2021, sold a house last year and closed on another house this year I cam tell you first hand that cheap financing definitely drive up prices once the BOC dropped the rate.

Prices were going up before the rate drop.  Prices have been increasing at above normal rates for over a decade, increasing in pace over that time. What do you think drove up the prices so much BEFORE 2021. 

And the reason has nothing to do with interest rates.  We're not building enough homes for our population. That means there is a shrinking pool of product relative to population  and an increasing demand.  We've been building 100,000 too few homes every year since at least 2016.  Now canada would have to build a million more homes than we usually do in a short time just to catch up.

Sorry stupid - it ain't interest rates :)  LOL

Our cottage valuation more than doubled and I assure you there were no immigrants snatching up properties in rural Muskoka.

As a buyer in the GTA it was discouraging to see every home receive 30+ offers and sell for 50% or more over asking with no conditions and that was not something that happened before the pandemic.

It is ABSOLUTELY a thing that happend before the pandemic. In markets across the country. It's been a major problem for years now.

The pandemic saw a flurry of activity as people bought homes like mad - but that was just a spike in an already increasing market.

As a seller we benefited and sold our house for WAY more than it was ever valued prior to the pandemic. Our neighbour, who had the larger model of our home with an extra bedroom and nicer amenities sold for $720k in March 2020. We sold for $860k in July 2022, having paid $240k in 2007.

Yeah - that's been going on for years now.  Every year the prices go up 15 -20 percent or there abouts, it's been insane,

Justin Trudeau ran his election on getting the runaway housing and rent markets under control. That was in 2015.

I've been watching this since shortly after the 2000's.  It's been slowly getting worse and worse and happening faster and faster and that's true regardless of the interest rates.  Slight blips for the great recession but otherwise - this is a result of lack of supply, it has nothing to do with interest rates.

I'll remind you that housing prices have climbed again - despite high interest rates.  So that kind of proves you're entirely wrong :)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crea-housing-data-1.6843592

And rents are into the stratosphere. 

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Its diffused so its impact on the end user is minimal  - for example the fuel cost to manufacture and ship a product is minimal compared to the costs of raw materials, labour, machinery, advertising, packaging, real estate, etc.  In addition the cost is offset by rebates paid to taxpayers every 3 months. 

No you’re not paying attention and don’t understand how Canadian government works. 

False. Repeating your original lie doesn’t make it true. 

You clearly don't understand how business works. I do because I ran a successful company for many years before I retired. 

Here's a simple math equation for you:

Break-Even-Point-Formula.jpg

13 hours ago, West said:

Nah.. scamazon reaped big profits while small businesses were forced to close up shop

That is a cop out.

Amazon thrived because...wait for it...people bought from them.

Are you actually insinuating it is Amazons fault that you and your neighbours bought your needs from them and had them delivered to you  instead of you going to the local store and blame Amazon for your actions? You are a funny guy LOL

9 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

That is a cop out.

Are you actually insinuating it is Amazons fault that you and your neighbours bought your needs from them and had them delivered to you  instead of you going to the local store and blame Amazon for your actions? You are a funny guy LOL

True.  There's no denying.  It was simply a case of their model being insanely adapted to something like covid from the get go.  I mean if there was some gigantic courier type delivery person strike i bet all the local stores would reap huge profits while amazon languished.  They were just in the right place at the right time and we the consumer patronized them and were glad for the ability to do so.

15 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

True.  There's no denying.  It was simply a case of their model being insanely adapted to something like covid from the get go.  I mean if there was some gigantic courier type delivery person strike i bet all the local stores would reap huge profits while amazon languished.  They were just in the right place at the right time and we the consumer patronized them and were glad for the ability to do so.

Except me.

I dispise Amazon. Have done all along. My wife and kids use it and return about half of what they order. I have a good laugh every time.

IMO...only a complete fool would pay for goods before the can even inspect the goods.

Edited by Nationalist

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Except me.

I dispise Amazon. Have done all along. My wife and kids use it and return about half of what they order. I have a good laugh every time.

IMO...only a complete fool would pay for goods before the can even inspect the goods.

I am sure Amazon missed your business. :)  You may hate it but clearly your Wife and kids do not so...Amazon wins.

Thing is it is us, the consumers made Amazon what it is, including their return policy. When people poo poo Amazon, they don't get it. We made Amazon the huge corporation it is and we made Bezos the gazillionare he is.

Oh and every store experiences returns, even when people touch and feel and try on the products.

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

I am sure Amazon missed your business. :)  You may hate it but clearly your Wife and kids do not so...Amazon wins.

Thing is it is us, the consumers made Amazon what it is, including their return policy. When people poo poo Amazon, they don't get it. We made Amazon the huge corporation it is and we made Bezos the gazillionare he is.

Oh and every store experiences returns, even when people touch and feel and try on the products.

I am sure Amazon and Bezos could care less about my opinion and purchasing habits. Yet stores do not experience a 50% return rate. 

Amazon may be here to stay. The Rona may have solidified their position...surprise surprise...but I will not patronize something so silly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I am sure Amazon and Bezos could care less about my opinion and purchasing habits. Yet stores do not experience a 50% return rate. 

Amazon may be here to stay. The Rona may have solidified their position...surprise surprise...but I will not patronize something so silly.

"What is the Average Return Rate on Amazon? While the average return rates vary from category to category, the average typically sits between 5% and 15%.Jan 18, 2023"

Sounds like you family has problems :)

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

"What is the Average Return Rate on Amazon? While the average return rates vary from category to category, the average typically sits between 5% and 15%.Jan 18, 2023"

Sounds like you family has problems :)

They do. They have been spoiled...my own fault...and buy dumb shit they don't need for vendors who don't have stores to vist in person.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

That is a cop out.

They had no choice but to buy from scamazon. The government closed everybody else down

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Except me.

Well that's the nice thing about the free market - it gives us choice.   And if you prefer the local stores then more power to you absolutely.   BUT - it would appear that you are somewhat in the minority.  A lot of people prefer amazon, and during the pandemic where a lot of people were scared spitless of stepping foot off their property in case the 'rona jumped out from behind a bush and got them  Amazon was a perfect solution.

Order your goods -  wait for them to be put on your porch - approach with caution while spraying a bottle of lysol ahead of you, safely retrieve your needed items :)   it's covid-perfect so a lot of people were very happy to use them.

Well that's the nice thing about the free market - it gives us choice.   And if you prefer the local stores then more power to you absolutely.   BUT - it would appear that you are somewhat in the minority.  A lot of people prefer amazon, and during the pandemic where a lot of people were scared spitless of stepping foot off their property in case the 'rona jumped out from behind a bush and got them  Amazon was a perfect solution.

Order your goods -  wait for them to be put on your porch - approach with caution while spraying a bottle of lysol ahead of you, safely retrieve your needed items :)   it's covid-perfect so a lot of people were very happy to use them.

LOL...ur ruining my bad day here.

Order your goods -  wait for them to be put on your porch - approach with caution while spraying a bottle of lysol ahead of you, safely retrieve your needed items

Funny as hell. Thanks.

18 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Colonies are exploited.

I hardly feel exploited, standing here on my deck overlooking my estate

Elizabeth Windsor has done right by me, I received everything I was ever promised by the British Crown

the only boot upon my neck is the imbecilic overbearing lunatic asylum in Ottawa

18 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The Romans eventually abandoned Britannia to Anglo-Saxon, Irish and Pictish Barbarian raiders who were attacking from all directions, ignoring pleas from the Romano-British locals. They were too busy fighting their own civil wars and barbarians on the continent to worry about the distant and insignificant colonials. 

it wasn't the civil wars that brought the Western Empire down

if anything, Rome was at its zenith at the conclusion of those wars, Augustus Caesar triumphant

it was Jesus of Nazareth whom brought the pagan slave empire down

in the wake of His crucifixion for treason at Golgotha

Christianity swept everything in its path aside

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The Rona may have solidified their position...surprise surprise...but I will not patronize something so silly.

Was it that people chose Amazon, or was it that there was no other choice. 

Aye, there's the rub.

Shirley it was due to covid.

You need to look at who was making the money and whether they used that financial power to pull some strings, to make the government shut all the littleguys down.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

it wasn't the civil wars that brought the Western Empire down

if anything, Rome was at its zenith at the conclusion of those wars, Augustus Caesar triumphant

it was Jesus of Nazareth whom brought the pagan slave empire down

in the wake of His crucifixion for treason at Golgotha

Christianity swept everything in its path aside

It was the bleeding heart liberals back then who undermined it, same as it is today.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It was the bleeding heart liberals back then who undermined it, same as it is today.

well the early Christians were fearsome

it was not tempered by the Protestant Reformation

so the early Christians imposed an inquisition upon their former pagan masters

like the wrath of an Old Testament God

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

well the early Christians were fearsome

it was not tempered by the Protestant Reformation

so the early Christians imposed an inquisition upon their former pagan masters

like the wrath of an Old Testament God

The Nicean creed was accepted in 325, Rome was sacked around 450. So they barely made it one century after Christianity became fully adopted. Prior to that they were being fed to lions for entertainment, apparently.

The wrath IS what Rome brings to Christianity. That's the Roman part of Roman Catholics. Meanwhile Jesus and disciples were pacifist Jews.

I see it more like, Christian love and compassion came to Rome at the wrong time. Or maybe it was the right time, it was what was needed to finally bring down the beast after all. Deliver them a bomb with Jesus as the payload...

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The Nicean creed was accepted in 325, Rome was sacked around 450. So they barely made it one century after Christianity became fully adopted. Prior to that they were being fed to lions for entertainment, apparently.

The wrath IS what Rome brings to Christianity. That's the Roman part of Roman Catholics. Meanwhile Jesus and disciples were pacifist Jews.

I see it more like, Christian love and compassion came to Rome at the wrong time. Or maybe it was the right time, it was what was needed to finally bring down the beast after all. Deliver them a bomb with Jesus as the payload...

the German barbarians who sacked Rome became the most devout Christians of all

so much so, that we overthrew the Roman church in the end