Shared, all-gender washrooms the future for Burnaby schools: school district

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

I did address the issue. Conservatives don't care about logic or evidence. They repeat the same lies no matter how many times they get debunked. One example of that is this lie about trans people using the bathrooms they want.

You didn't even come close. You didn't even mention it.

And yet again the left must lie or avoid the issue. Only conservatives actually will address issues head on.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Awww, your sense of betrayal must be so devastating.

Betrayal?  I don't feel betrayed by you -  a little disappointed maybe but it would be like feeling 'betrayed' that  a puppy piddled on the carpet. You can't expect much from them.

Did you need a seperate washroom for that? :)

What lie are you making about?

Dude - maybe come back when you can speak 'enrgrish' .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

My point was that conservatives don't care about evidence or logic, because they use the same talking-points over and over, even after they get debunked. You proved my point.

That's not a point.  That's a distraction from the discussion because you know you're wrong.

And yet again - the left has to lie or change the channel - they can't deal with facts or issues.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's not a point.  That's a distraction from the discussion because you know you're wrong.

And yet again - the left has to lie or change the channel - they can't deal with facts or issues.

True true. 

The border is not open.

All refugees must be accepted.

Trannies should be teaching kids in full drag.

Biden knows where he is...

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Sure that might be true in New builds. Not in existing schools though.

But the idea of it...how do you figure its inevitable?

The idea of separate washrooms to meet the needs of a diversifying population doesn't make as much sense as building/retrofitting washrooms with separate stalls.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The idea of separate washrooms to meet the needs of a diversifying population doesn't make as much sense as building/retrofitting washrooms with separate stalls.

Well here's the thing - it's not diversifying. We're talking about spending hundreds of millions across the country to satisfy a tiny little percent of the population, and one unlikely to grow.

So - again, is this going to actually solve the problem for them? Or with this just lead to more demands where we spend hundreds of millions to make someone feel better?

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sure, what lie are you babbling about?

From you?  i mean... there's so many to choose from....

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well here's the thing - it's not diversifying. We're talking about spending hundreds of millions across the country to satisfy a tiny little percent of the population, and one unlikely to grow.

So - again, is this going to actually solve the problem for them? Or with this just lead to more demands where we spend hundreds of millions to make someone feel better?

From you?  i mean... there's so many to choose from....

Oh, I thought you were taking about the Department of Public Washrooms or something...never mind.

In the meantime, it's not the tiny little percentage of the population so much of this expense is meant to address, it's to accommodate people like you who can't give it a rest. It just is what it's is.

• Like 1

Oh, I thought

that seems HIGHLY unlikely.

In the meantime, it's not the tiny little percentage of the population so much of this expense is meant to address

Of course it is. That's the only reason we're doing this.  99.99 percent of the population is fine with boys showering/going to the washroom  with boys and girls with girls. A teeny tiny percent of the population really wants boys to go pee with girls and vice versa. And we're doing this to accommodate their wants.

And once again - typical leftie, you failed to address the issue :)

You obviously know i'm right and you're wrong. If you thought you were right you'd be able to make an argument. But ya can't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

What makes you think allowing millions of brown, black and oriental people into the USA and indeed all western nations, is a reason for unisex bathrooms in schools?

How does any of this make sense? Has the percent of trannies shot up drastically? I sort o' doubt it. All this...silliness accomplishes is to provide yet another method for divisiveness and convinced a bunch of young social misfits that their problem is they are girls trapped in male bodies. As this abusive bullshit continues, we'll be treated to an uptick in suicides and more occurances of this...

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/06/04/detransitioned-navy-seal-tells-parents-80-of-gender-confusion-corrected-on-its-own-by-end-of-puberty-1365094/

And this...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-college-swimmer-says-she-was-assaulted-at-an-event-opposing-the-inclusion-of-trans-women-in-women-s-sports/ar-AA19Btt5

And this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-65610429

And it has not gone unnoticed that the vast majority of these trannies are white males. More targeted degeneration of the Caucasian race?

Edited by Nationalist

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I believe it is possible to engage in a reasoned conversation without resorting to exaggerations or mob politics.

Regarding the suggestion of traveling more @ExFlyer, I understand that personal experiences differ, and traveling may provide individuals with unique cultural encounters. However, it is important to acknowledge that cultural norms and personal preferences can vary widely. .....

That is how I grew up, brother, give us time for some of us, not all of us are MAGAs or politicians in 2023 that use this superficial topic to gain followers or the media that use it for rating. Some are rooted in culture, customs, etc. There are concerns, why are some of you just dismissing it as a joke without conversation? .... I heard if someone comes into Canada they should just accept it. Really? Canada is open to all cultures and is sensitive to all matters in my understanding. 

Oh my, with the high immigration increasing in Canada, good luck with this attitude, having children going to Syrian, Turkish, and Ukrainian parents letting them know, that instead of studying math, the debate is raging about washrooms. 

The concern lies in implementing a shared common area where people of different genders may interact once they immediately leave their respective cubicles. This aspect has the potential to evoke heightened emotional responses, particularly among parents who prioritize a sense of security and familiarity for their children in a school environment. In my view, the more you ignore this market, which can be made of local and new social conservatives, this is how populist politicians rise ⬆️ is my take. You might even see weird alliances taking place. 

I agree with you.

My responses are to certain individuals, and responded in kind. They shoot and I shoot back.

Yes Canada is open to all cultures but being sensitive is not part of the deal. Canada is changing (far too rapidly and in directions I am not in line with) and those that come have to accept that too.

The entire problem, as I see it, is "tolerance".  Anyone can do anything anytime to anyone they want and we (the population) are expected to tolerate it. When very small minorities can set policy, direction and rules, then, I think, we have problems. I have issues with that.

My take :)

• Like 1

There was an easy solution: leave the traditional ones alone, and add a new non-gendered type.

This is what "inclusive" means, in the common sense of the world doesn't it?: you give everyone acceptable options, you add new options if and when needed, not replace and install your ideological views.

Not for the left though, the freedom means following the right dogma or else. And then they can't stop defining and redefining what "right" means and where it ends (or doesn't). Inquisition started with universal love and forgiveness. Please try to find something new.

• Like 1

If citizenry in Canada was still alive it would have added a simple guard clause in the Constitution (if it's their Constitution, understand, observe and update as needed not "for them", look but can't touch):

introduction of new rights cannot affect in any negative way the existing ones. Then we would have a referendum: keep the existing ones or change it away. Let's see the results, why cannot we? In Switzerland, where citizens are adult and sane it is the reality. Here we have disconnected employee-representative" figuring it out for us, on a whistle cue from the Central Office and for outrageous "modest" allowance. Is anyone expecting miracles here?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I agree with you.

My responses are to certain individuals, and responded in kind. They shoot and I shoot back.

You always shoot first - you just miss a lot. Then when you wind up looking stupid you pout and try to ruin the thread posting like a child again and again. Its kind of your thing.

?

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

The entire problem, as I see it, is "tolerance".  Anyone can do anything anytime to anyone they want and we (the population) are expected to tolerate it. When very small minorities can set policy, direction and rules, then, I think, we have problems. I have issues with that.

Apparently you don't - you're happy to buy them bathrooms :)  

Or, sorry, maybe it was that you did have a problem and you just wanted boys to learn to publicly in front of girls? So Trans people shouldn't have to use boy's washrooms - EVERYONE should. Because Europe. Your ramblings are so garbled it's hard to say.

1 hour ago, myata said:

There was an easy solution: leave the traditional ones alone, and add a new non-gendered type.

Unfortunately that isn't an option at a lot of locations (there just isnt' the room) and on top of that the Trans say it makes them feel segregated because they're women just like other women so why are they forced to use a different bathroom than women.

It would have been a reasonable solution in many places but the Trans people feel it's just another form of excluding them.

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It would have been a reasonable solution in many places but the Trans people feel it's just another form of excluding them.

That is the good old problem with the left: they just wouldn't know where to stop.. making the world a better place for you. No your input isn't needed sorry thanks though. We know it best, for your own good. Nothing to worry.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

No I disagree it's not excluding anybody. People choose the option that is best for them. All people, not only the right or preferred ones. Go figure about the inclusiveness, equality and freedom. Such fancy words.

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Unfortunately that isn't an option at a lot of locations (there just isnt' the room) and on top of that the Trans say it makes them feel segregated because they're women just like other women so why are they forced to use a different bathroom than women.

Which clearly identifies the problem and magnifies the solution.

Problem: There is a very minuscule percent of young kids who feel out of sorts. They are convinced...somehow...that they are girls trapped in a boy's body. Perhaps that's true. Gawd is certainly not perfect. Nothing is. Shit happens.'

Possible Solution: But to spend a boat load of tax money on this confused minority...especially considering the size of said minority...is asinine. And since this confused minority is so small...may I suggest a cheaper solution?

Make 1 unisex bathroom on every floor of every school. As for change rooms...if one has a dick and balls...if one is devoid of a womb...if one stands to take a leak...one must change with the other boys.!

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour ago, myata said:

introduction of new rights cannot affect in any negative way the existing ones.

These aren't "new" rights - they're old rights that are interpreted and applied to things in a new way. Nobody added a new 'right' - the charter has said for more than 40 years now that people can't be discriminated against based on sex etc.  It's just that it's now been 'discovered' or decided that this applies in this fashion to people who have this mental health issue.

So while i appreciate the intent of your idea unfortunately it's not workable in the real world.

That is the problem with our laws in a general sense - the law gets made twice. Once when the lawmaker makes it and once when the judges interpret it - and the law can wind up being VASTLY different than it originallyl was after the second one.

Maybe it's not even about rights per se. For any but real and practical situation a working compromise reasonably satisfying all can be found. Solutions were suggested.

No. It's about a privilege of a certain political caste to install the right, correct ideology. It hard to argue anything less. As usual and always, an unbounded power crosses all limits: first of right, then reason, then common sense and so on, to absurdity. Why would it stop? What's there to limit it in its rightful zeal? These are the questions citizens ask. Sleepy peasants don't need to bother.

20 minutes ago, myata said:

No I disagree it's not excluding anybody.

Thats nice that you disagree but we're not doing all of this for you. If it makes them feel like they're not real women then they won't accept it and that's the only reason this is happening.  So your opinion doesn't matter.

20 minutes ago, myata said:

People choose the option that is best for them. All people, not only the right or preferred ones. Go figure about the inclusiveness, equality and freedom. Such fancy words.

LOL - well, welcome to the world of being a conservative :)   But like i said the Trans LIKE those fancy words and they are the only reason this is happening so if they don't like it your reasonable opinion means nothing.

THat's why my question was 'if we spend all this cash and go through all this trouble, are we done? Have we made them happy?"

39 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You always shoot first - you just miss a lot. ....

?

Apparently you don't - .....

Or, sorry, ....

Arguing again....Oh so you LOL

Speaking whrn not spoken to LOL

Edited by ExFlyer