Why are democrats lying about officers being killed on January 6th?

14 minutes ago, taxme said:

Lying and spreading bull chit is what the democrats do best. The communists probably would not even know as to how to spell the word truth. If five cops died on that day it would have been front page news. 

Why some of these liberal lefties here still do not get it because they appear to have serious mental issues. Without lies, what would these liars do in the democrats do? 

I know of one guy who had a stroke a few days after who they count in the total and another guy who committed suicide. They never suffered injury on Jan 6th.. 

Just left loons being lefty loons

Again we have this repeated nonsense (more lies) of Jan 6th being an 'insurrection' or an 'attempted overthrow of government'.  The Select Committee's Jan 6th report doesn't refer to it in those terms because it's totally inaccurate. Instead they use terms such as 'the attack on the United States Capitol', or 'the obstruction of the peaceful transfer of power'. The committee asks the question.... 'what if Trump's mob had succeeded in stopping us from doing our job?'  I don't know, you tell me. In my opinion the protesters could have occupied every square inch of the Capitol and it would have changed absolutely nothing except delay the proceedings (which it did manage to do). US case law defines 'insurrection' as when a movement acts to overthrow the constituted government, seizing its powers, and taking possession of its inherent powers. At the very least, those involved in the takeover would have to be recognized as the new government by the military's chain of command. How likely would that be? Yet here we go again with this insurrection nonsense which even the fake news media clings on to. Trump did play a part in Jan 6, but remains for the courts to decide. Trump in my opinion is no political animal. He lacks the political smarts to weigh the consequences of his actions and is why he should never again hold office. Many like his policies but not his character or political judgement. It might be best for everyone to move on.

Edited by suds

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

Insanity from the left. 

Her shooting was a combination of bad timing and mob thinking.

As you can notice when she climbs, the police up front moves away to leave room for the tactical police, in that interval of a few seconds the agent with the gun maybe seeing the violence of that punk which keeps breaking the window with the halmet probably thinks that if she goes towards the lawmakers the criminals behind her will follow? 

I don't think he was aware a tactical police unit was down the stairs. They arrived a few seconds after and they were fully armed.

So we can argue about the first shot but you can't come and advocate to shoot everyone there. That would have created an even bigger crisis and it would have been illegal.

If they would have done their job preventing, none of this would have happened, a bunch of thugs (the ones that entered) which embarrased the United States. Over what? Anger and the lies of a man. 

Riiiight… the mob wouldn’t have bashed in police officers’ heads with fire extinguishers, and they wouldn’t have bear-sprayed all those police officers and smashed all those doors and windows… if only the police were doing their job!

You just lost a lot of respect from me. Come on! It’s not the cops’ fault that those people smashed barricades and engaged in all that violence.  Trying to look at a frame by frame breakdown of Ashli Babbitt getting legally shot to death is pointless. The officer was properly exonerated.  The rioters erected a gallows and said they would kill Mike Pence and they were screaming that they wanted to find Nancy Pelosi and “get her.”  You’re literally insane if you think there was no reason to believe there was a significant threat to the lives of lawmakers during that riot.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, suds said:

Again we have this repeated nonsense (more lies) of Jan 6th being an 'insurrection' or an 'attempted overthrow of government'.  The Select Committee's Jan 6th report doesn't refer to it in those terms because it's totally inaccurate. Instead they use terms such as 'the attack on the United States Capitol', or 'the obstruction of the peaceful transfer of power'. The committee asks the question.... 'what if Trump's mob had succeeded in stopping us from doing our job?'  I don't know, you tell me. In my opinion the protesters could have occupied every square inch of the Capitol and it would have changed absolutely nothing except delay the proceedings (which it did manage to do). US case law defines 'insurrection' as when a movement acts to overthrow the constituted government, seizing its powers, and taking possession of its inherent powers. At the very least, those involved in the takeover would have to be recognized as the new government by the military's chain of command. Yet here we go again with this insurrection nonsense which even the fake news media clings on to. Trump did play a part in Jan 6, but remains for the courts to decide. Trump in my opinion is no political animal. He lacks the political smarts to weigh the consequences of his actions and is why he should never again hold office. Many like his policies but not his character or political judgement. It might be best for everyone to move on.

1) Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that the mob definitely wouldn’t have harmed a single lawmaker that day if they reached them? 

2) If they occupied the Capitol Building and got all of the lawmakers to evacuate, preventing Biden from being named President, would Donald Trump have attempted to insist he would remain President? Wouldn’t Donald Trump have attempted to maintain control of the military and stay in office, claiming that the election was “stolen” from him? And wouldn’t that be an overthrow of the elected government?

Just now, Contrarian said:

Don't twist my words. I never blamed the police officers, I was talking about the leadership, refusal to accept additional manpower. 

Is not the police officers fault the engineers of security at the top are incompetent or put there by political reasons.

The leadership that refused was Donald Trump. They were calling him over and over and he refused to lift a finger to send in military or Guard troops which he commanded.  

2 minutes ago, West said:

Lefties claim 5 cops DIED which is a flat out LIE

If you beat somebody up in a bar fight, and that person dies the next day or the next month as a result of their wounds, I assure you that you will be charged with murder, not assault. Not making that up; it’s law. Those five officers died as a direct result of injuries they sustained as a result of attacks made to them on January 6.  

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

No they didn't but carry on.

Yes they did 

We are gathered here to honor their memory and acknowledge with deep gratitude the tremendous bravery of the hundreds of officers who defended us at this citadel of democracy that fateful day. As a result of the events on January 6, the lives of five heroic officers were lost. "

-Hakeem Jefferies

11 minutes ago, Rebound said:

If you beat somebody up in a bar fight, and that person dies the next day or the next month as a result of their wounds, I assure you that you will be charged with murder, not assault. Not making that up; it’s law. Those five officers died as a direct result of injuries they sustained as a result of attacks made to them on January 6.  

Nobody died from injuries besides the ones the lefties murdered in cold blood. 

The one officer who had a stroke did so a few days later. He suffered NO injuries. 

But don't let facts get in the way of your sad, pathetic little narrative. 

And the house minority leader flat out LIED about five cops being killed on January 6th.. just trying to whip up his illiterate base to take violent action..pathetic

Edited by West

8 minutes ago, Rebound said:

1) Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that the mob definitely wouldn’t have harmed a single lawmaker that day if they reached them? 

2) If they occupied the Capitol Building and got all of the lawmakers to evacuate, preventing Biden from being named President, would Donald Trump have attempted to insist he would remain President? Wouldn’t Donald Trump have attempted to maintain control of the military and stay in office, claiming that the election was “stolen” from him? And wouldn’t that be an overthrow of the elected government?

They could have killed every last politician in the building and not changed a thing except being charged with murder.  Even if it was possible to overthrow the government at the Capitol that day, the important thing is who recognizes you as the new legitimate government. Maybe you could explain in greater detail how this could have worked out for Trump and 'his mob'.  I would find it fascinating.

16 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Don't twist my words. I never blamed the police officers, I was talking about the leadership, refusal to accept additional manpower and ignore warnings from several other agencies PRIOR.

Is not the police' officers fault the engineers of security at the top are incompetent, put there by political reasons most likely.

BULL! I quote you:

”If only they had done their job.”   I’m not twisting your words one iota. You blamed the police for the riot. That’s BS. 

5 minutes ago, suds said:

They could have killed every last politician in the building and not changed a thing except being charged with murder.  Even if it was possible to overthrow the government at the Capitol that day, the important thing is who recognizes you as the new legitimate government. Maybe you could explain in greater detail how this could have worked out for Trump and 'his mob'.  I would find it fascinating.

Dude, their entire purpose was “Stop the Steal.”

If there were no Congress, the resulting crisis is whether the US military would obey Trump’s orders. Legally, he remained President on January 7.  That much we know. Would he have remained in power past then? What we know for a fact is that Trump believed, and still believes, he should have remained President, and that’s what he was trying to do.  So, yes, there is a possibility that Trump would have held onto power beyond January 20 if the rioters succeeded.  For a fact, storming a legislative or Capitol building is how revolutions have happened throughout history.  

Edited by Rebound

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Yes and the quote follows by the word "prevent". 

Me and @robosmith debated this and I even showed him the video which says that the leadership got warnings from other agencies. 

The police are heroes and you are a left wing populist which is trying to manipulate the conversation at no avail.

The police are heroes but you blamed them for the riot. 

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

She was trying to stop others from breaking window but was the first one through when they were broken. Ya sure.

One more time until you hear. She didn't go through. There's no proof she ever planned to go through. Last video shows her standing on something leaning through. It's just as likely she was blocking the window or yelling through it to the guards on the other side about what was going on in the entrance. 

Go ahead prove me wrong. Show me a video where she has a leg through the window. You can't. It doesn't exist.

You don't actually know what was going through her head. I don't either but you need to stop pretending you do. It's a lie.

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/01/video-ashli-babbitts-mom-arrested-by-capitol-police/

Let's call this...the straw that broke the camel's back. It shows exactly how low Libbies are willing to sink.

And because Libbies live in this mud and refuse to come into the light, Republicans will have to pay them a visit down in the muck of their creation.

A traitor shot in the act of trying to violently overthrow the government and end democracy in America is a weird farking character to rally around. 

As a parent, I feel human sympathy for this woman's loss. But it certainly doesn't give her a license to block the road. 

AP News

Witthoeft and others were walking on a street near the Capitol when police, who had formed a line to keep them from going farther, directed them to get out of the road, officials said.

Video shared on social media shows police repeatedly warning the group to move to the sidewalk or be arrested. Witthoeft then turned around with her hands behind her back and was taken into custody.

^^calling *this* the straw that broke the camel's back is about the snowflakiest damn thing ever. She's not a victim. Just get out of the road and onto the damn sidewalk!  I think it's pretty obvious where her daughter got her smarts. You people have an enormous sense of entitlement. 

4 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Coming to think of it...

There were cops all over the scene protecting the road from Ashley Babbitt's mother's aged footsteps.

Where are they in the picture above?

Look carefully, you can just see the ghost of Christmas past. That's a real unsure erection.

According to Adam Schiff all three ghosts were at the Capitol, brandishing 357 Magnums and bloodstained manchettes

1 hour ago, West said:

Nobody died from injuries besides the ones the lefties murdered in cold blood. 

The one officer who had a stroke did so a few days later. He suffered NO injuries. 

But don't let facts get in the way of your sad, pathetic little narrative. 

And the house minority leader flat out LIED about five cops being killed on January 6th.. just trying to whip up his illiterate base to take violent action..pathetic

I know you're kinda slow, but check your quote: "As a result of the events on January 6, the lives of five heroic officers were lost."

He did not say they died on Jan 6. He said they died as a result of the events of Jan 6. 

You are welcome to disagree (though that seems petty) but you'll be lying if you continue to misrepresent what he said.

1 hour ago, suds said:

Have you not read the Eastman memo or learned of Trump's plans to seize and remain in power? The fake electors? He followed it up quite recently with public statements about the need to suspend the constitution to put him back in power. There isn't really much to debate here. It's all there in plain black and white. The goals are objectively stated.

True, the insurrectionists are just one piece of the effort, but lynching Pence or Pelosi (#2 and #3 in the order of succession) is not trivial. 

8 minutes ago, Hodad said:

I know you're kinda slow, but check your quote: "As a result of the events on January 6, the lives of five heroic officers were lost."

He did not say they died on Jan 6. He said they died as a result of the events of Jan 6. 

You are welcome to disagree (though that seems petty) but you'll be lying if you continue to misrepresent what he said.

Which is a lie...