Jump to content

Thousands In Canada Being Euthanized Who Are Not Terminally Sick


Recommended Posts

Just now, TreeBeard said:

He also gave us the same knowledge m science and medicine to help ease our suffering at the end of life.  There’s no difference there.  

He did not give anything to mankind to allow mankind to kill people.  That is a misunderstanding of God.  He gave man knowledge, but also said thou shalt not kill.  If man uses knowledge to kill people when they must not, it is man that is going against the commandment of God.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

He also gave us the same knowledge m science and medicine to help ease our suffering at the end of life.  There’s no difference there.  

He gave mankind many things including free will or the ability to choose between right and wrong.  He did not create mankind as robots.  But he gave them his written revelation with commands such as thou shalt not kill.  If some men choose to disobey God and kill then it is man, who has free will, that is in the wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2022 at 7:37 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Assistant suicide is a right. The government has no place to control my life and death, Only I can decide and if I wish to end it then government has no business in my decision.

And what if you wish to end it because of how terrible the government is and how miserable your life has become because of it?   They still appear to have the final say in your decision albeit indirectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

God is the one in charge of life.  He created us and when we die is basically his business.  We don't have any right to actively end someone's life.  That is playing God.  Our bodies and soul, our being, belongs to God.  Nobody has any business playing God and actively ending life.

Do we have a right to actively save someone's life?  It seems to me that if it's inshallah that Joe falls in the river, it's none of my business to help him to not drown.

Or do you think, if I do, it's because God wanted me to?  How is one to know?  Poor Joe!  What if he drowns while I'm pondering the issue?  What if God meant me to pull him out, but I was too slow figuring out his will?

Edited by bcsapper
Post inexplicably changed while I wasn't looking. I changed it back.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

He did not give anything to mankind to allow mankind to kill people.  That is a misunderstanding of God.  He gave man knowledge, but also said thou shalt not kill.  If man uses knowledge to kill people when they must not, it is man that is going against the commandment of God.

He said “thou shalt not kill but…”.    You have mentioned many exceptions to this Commandment.  Soldiers can kill…. Police can kill….   we can kill defending ourselves….    He won’t mind us easing suffering, as that’s what those other medicines do that extend our lives beyond what is natural….  they both ease suffering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, cougar said:

And what if you wish to end it because of how terrible the government is and how miserable your life has become because of it?   They still appear to have the final say in your decision albeit indirectly.

You’ll have to find other ways beyond MAID for that.  So, they have a say how MAID is used, not necessarily a “final say” in your decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have received a warning that I am reposting under this topic.  Please do not keep repeating the same nonsensical comments.  I reposted some articles because commenters repeated the same kind of comments and I was only trying to answer them.  They apparently did not read the earlier posts I made with articles explaining the topic.  But apparently I am not allowed to repost something I posted earlier.  So I will have to follow that rule and not repost something.  That means I will not be able to give much of reply if people like Treebeard, BC Sapper and others want to keep repeating the same old things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have received a warning that I am reposting under this topic.  Please do not keep repeating the same nonsensical comments.  I reposted some articles because commenters repeated the same kind of comments and I was only trying to answer them.  They apparently did not read the earlier posts I made with articles explaining the topic.  But apparently I am not allowed to repost something I posted earlier.  So I will have to follow that rule and not repost something.  That means I will not be able to give much of reply if people like Treebeard, BC Sapper and others want to keep repeating the same old things.

You probably got your hand slapped for your copy/paste sermons, not for actual discussion.  Don’t hide behind the moderators to avoid discussion.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

He said “thou shalt not kill but…”.    You have mentioned many exceptions to this Commandment.  Soldiers can kill…. Police can kill….   we can kill defending ourselves….    He won’t mind us easing suffering, as that’s what those other medicines do that extend our lives beyond what is natural….  they both ease suffering. 

Yes, there are certain circumstance where police may shot to kill or soldiers but those are only rational that anybody can understand.   When it comes to easing the suffering, it becomes highly questionable because suffering is a very subjective thing.  People have chosen MAID for things that nobody in their right mind would say is suffering.  And offering it to veterans because they suffer from PTSD instead of giving them counseling to treat the PTSD.  Things like that, or we have heard of people choosing MAID because they can't afford to live and they want to take the MAID way to escape their circumstances.  This is the thing that should have been expected to happen when the government decided to go down that path.  That could be one reason why God has a commandment thou shalt not kill.  The government is now deciding to give it to anybody who claims they have mental issues.  That pretty well opens the door to anyone who wants to claim MAID.  The government doesn't seem too concerned because they know there are lots of people who support MAID and have somehow fallen for the notion it is a "individual right" or "choice".  The government also know it could save a lot of money on the medical system since that is paid for by the government.  The number of people choosing MAID is now over ten thousand per year and could go much higher. But that makes it also a conflict of interest.  How much of this MAID is to save the government money?  We don't know.  

MAID opens a can of worms which will be very difficult or impossible to control.  Perhaps that is a reason God's command is against killing.  MAID makes it very easy for people to lose their lives on a whim.  Its a path no country should go down.  In addition suffering is a normal part of life.  Thousands of people may simply choose to take MAID well before they experience any real "suffering".  There are also many drugs that can reduce or eliminate suffering.  We need better and more accessible palliative care, not a doctor of death.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You probably got your hand slapped for your copy/paste sermons, not for actual discussion.  Don’t hide behind the moderators to avoid discussion.  

I don't know.  Maybe somebody didn't like the articles or it pricked their conscience and they complained.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Or do you think, if I do, it's because God wanted me to?  How is one to know? 

Your conscience should be able to tell you when to do the right thing and avoid the wrong thing.  Conscience is also formed by learning what society expects, what God expects as taught in his word, and what the laws tell us.  As for the laws, when government legalizes MAID, what kind of message are they sending to society about the sanctity of life?

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Your conscience should be able to tell you when to do the right thing and avoid the wrong thing.  Conscience is also formed by learning what society expects, what God expects as taught in his word, and what the laws tell us.  As for the laws, when government legalizes MAID, what kind of message are they sending to society about the sanctity of life?

It allows people to make their own decisions about the sanctity of their own lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Your conscience should be able to tell you when to do the right thing and avoid the wrong thing.  Conscience is also formed by learning what society expects, what God expects as taught in his word, and what the laws tell us.  As for the laws, when government legalizes MAID, what kind of message are they sending to society about the sanctity of life?

Good to know.  My conscience tells me I'm pro choice, pro gay rights, pro MAID, etc. 

And I would definitely have pulled Joe out of the cut.

Edited by bcsapper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

It allows people to make their own decisions about the sanctity of their own lives.

That's the problem.  Government has no right to make any decisions on the sanctity of life or when it should be ended.  That is God's business.  What you're talking about is a group of politicians in their ivory tower counting the votes they will get for making certain decisions.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blackbird said:

Sounds like you're proud of supporting evil and have no qualms about it.  

That's what it sounds like to you, because you have no conscience. 

You rely on some old book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's the problem.  Government has no right to make any decisions on the sanctity of life or when it should be ended.  That is God's business.  What you're talking about is a group of politicians in their ivory tower counting the votes they will get for making certain decisions.  

They aren't making decisions on the sanctity of life or when it should be ended. They are doing the opposite. That is what you want to do.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Aristides said:

Many of the most destructive wars in history were about religion, not to mention persecution carried out in the name of some god or another. We still have them and carry the consequences of some that happened centuries ago.

Most of the worst crimes and mass murders in history were committed by atheist regimes: Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao…. Hitler used religion to manipulate people but he didn’t believe in it.  You throw out platitudes and generalizations.  Be specific.  Christianity ended servitude in the Roman Empire and was used to justify eliminating slavery in the US.  The Old Testament is the ongoing story of the enslavement of the Israelites by tyrants and liberation through following the Covenant.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

They aren't making decisions on the sanctity of life or when it should be ended. They are doing the opposite. That is what you want to do.

How do you figure they are making decisions on the the sanctity of life and when it can be ended by assisted dying?  Who do you think brought in the MAID law and is adding mentally ill people to it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blackbird said:

How do you figure they are making decisions on the the sanctity of life and when it can be ended by assisted dying?  Who do you think brought in the MAID law and is adding mentally ill people to it?

They are leaving it up to the individual. You would have them make it illegal so who is making decisions on the sanctity of life, the government or you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That's what it sounds like to you, because you have no conscience. 

You rely on some old book.

That's because there are many reasons why I trust the "old book".  Just one reason alone is Jesus was raised from the dead and seen after the resurrection by many eye witnesses.  Anyone who chooses to ignore that fact has to be blind.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,746
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Rookie
    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...