Trump (and Republicans): end Constitution

Trump just announced the end of American Constitution.

Interesting is not what a clueless and pompous loose cannot can fire but the reaction. The Republicans? Silence.

Trump is testing them: how far will they him to which lengths? Republicans: but of course, Dear Leader! It's perfectly find to end the Constitution that took efforts without measure to establish and defend if it wouldn't work for us and our way. This is a way of charismatic authoritarians. They gather and trim their herds then use them to achieve their goals.

Having signed up to "the end of Constitution" openly or silently, much difference? will you take an independent decision in the office, or rule against your Idol as a judge? This is how authoritarian systems are formed.

What is an erosion of democracy if not this? I think several factors contribute to it over and again, in each historic stretch.

Old age; rigid structures and routines; elitism, closed political system; partisanship; boredom; focus on daily business and survival.

And of course, a two party system that contributes to all of them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Joe Biden

This is not about Biden, much more is at stake. Clearly partisanship in this case takes precedence over the matter of importance to the entire society. Constitution is not about who will win and which party will rule. It's about democracy. By failing to protect it every time, from any threat or attack regardless of other considerations and conveniences we allow it to be eroded. It's already done, here.

And the next time someone will try to make another step. This is how it played out, no guarantees or assurances. Only the past, or the future?

1 hour ago, myata said:

This is not about Biden, much more is at stake. Clearly partisanship in this case takes precedence over the matter of importance to the entire society. Constitution is not about who will win and which party will rule. It's about democracy. By failing to protect it every time, from any threat or attack regardless of other considerations and conveniences we allow it to be eroded. It's already done, here.

And the next time someone will try to make another step. This is how it played out, no guarantees or assurances. Only the past, or the future?

It’s what he said, not who said it.  
Politicians of any stripe who are not speaking out against this vile fascist statement of Trump’s are co-conspirators.  Period. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, myata said:

Interesting is not what a clueless and pompous loose cannot can fire but the reaction. The Republicans? Silence.

Trump is testing them: how far will they him to which lengths? Republicans: but of course, Dear Leader! It's perfectly find to end the Constitution that took efforts without measure to establish and defend if it wouldn't work for us and our way. This is a way of charismatic authoritarians. They gather and trim their herds then use them to achieve their goals.

Having signed up to "the end of Constitution" openly or silently, much difference? will you take an independent decision in the office, or rule against your Idol as a judge? This is how authoritarian systems are formed.

What is an erosion of democracy if not this? I think several factors contribute to it over and again, in each historic stretch.

Old age; rigid structures and routines; elitism, closed political system; partisanship; boredom; focus on daily business and survival.

And of course, a two party system that contributes to all of them.

Another bogus left wing OPINION rag vomits another LIE.

LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP did not at ANY time suggest overturning the United States Constitution. To bring you up to speed, there is no legal basis for doing ANYTHING to the Constitution other than either passing other Amendments or overturning Amendments. Trump was the smartest president in history, and he knew that.

This is the statement:

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution," Trump wrote in response to Elon Musk's "Twitter Files.

Florida third graders and up can read that and realize it is NOT a call to overturn the Constitution. For some reason, you goose steppers see a conspiracy at every turn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Another bogus left wing OPINION rag vomits another LIE.

LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP did not at ANY time suggest overturning the United States Constitution. To bring you up to speed, there is no legal basis for doing ANYTHING to the Constitution other than either passing other Amendments or overturning Amendments. Trump was the smartest president in history, and he knew that.

This is the statement:

Florida third graders and up can read that and realize it is NOT a call to overturn the Constitution. For some reason, you goose steppers see a conspiracy at every turn.

“Termination of the Constitution” means… Termination of the Constitution.  Which is what Orangeman said.  

• Like 2

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,”

If one is not not blind, deaf or brain dead it can be interpreted only one way: if I feel offended by my loss in a fair and free election, it gives me the grounds to do anything I like. Not reacting to this kind of claims is first, cowardly and more importantly, can have far reaching consequences as we know very well from history (or should).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, myata said:

OMG, what a ridiculous lie.

Trump claimed the conversations between Twitter and political officials had revealed "a massive fraud" so serious that it "allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

This thread needs to be shut down, it's too "WashPo-ey". 

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Just cause WAPO offends your agenda, does not mean Trump didn't call for "termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution” ON HIS TRUTH SOCIAL WEBSITE.

Of course as usual, you are a never ending manufacturer of excuses for Trump's outrageous claims.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Please explain this from your link:. allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

How is that not a call to terminate some parts of the constitution.  Please explain.

18 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Just cause WAPO offends your agenda, does not mean Trump didn't call for "termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution” ON HIS TRUTH SOCIAL WEBSITE.

Of course as usual, you are a never ending manufacturer of excuses for Trump's outrageous claims.

Trump didn't "call for" that, 

Trump claimed the conversations between Twitter and political officials had revealed "a massive fraud" so serious that it "allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

There's a massive difference between what he said and what you claim he said.

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Please explain this from your link:. allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

How is that not a call to terminate some parts of the constitution.  Please explain.

Saying that something is allowed isn't the same as saying that it's a good idea.

You can vote for Trudeau if you want, that doesn't mean I'm saying you should do it. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Saying that something is allowed isn't the same as saying that it's a good idea.

You can vote for Trudeau if you want, that doesn't mean I'm saying you should do it. 

Right.  And what would be your reaction if a Democrat leader said something similar - you'd be going nuts.

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Right.  And what would be your reaction if a Democrat leader said something similar - you'd be going nuts.

WTF are you talking about?

Democrat leaders already did the things in question. 

Trump is saying that the things Dem leaders are doing are so fraudulent that if they are allowed to become the status quo it means that certain parts of the constitution are no longer being enforced, which makes them largely unenforceable on the rest of the country. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump didn't "call for" that, 

There's a massive difference between what he said and what you claim he said.

NOT when COMBINED with ALL his OTHER CLAIMS and ACTIONS wrt "the steal." 

IF that were a "one off" you MIGHT have a point, but it's certainly NOT the first time he has claimed that he should be reinstated as POTUS. IOW, "allowing" in that CONTEXT, is certainly "calling for."

Combined with HIS EFFORTS to violently STOP the EC vote certification AND throw it back to Republican legislatures, he has been "calling for" reversing the election results ever since Jan 6th.

Of course he gets away with that BECAUSE CULT members like YOU egg him on with your unConstitutional excuses. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

WTF are you talking about?

Democrat leaders already did the things in question. 

Trump is saying that the things Dem leaders are doing are so fraudulent that if they are allowed to become the status quo it means that certain parts of the constitution are no longer being enforced, which makes them largely unenforceable on the rest of the country. 

You're such a grand apologist for Donald. One doesn't normally see this type of devotion except in cases of puppy love. Clearly, it's Donald's belief that  the only way he could of lost the 2020 election is through fraud, so the country should put aside the rule of law and reinstate him. If only Donald had any evidence of fraud viable enough to be substantiated in a court of law. But he doesn't.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Sweet Jesus, did you guys spend this whole time thinking that the thread title and OP were somehow legit before I explained it? 

Your LAME EXCUSES do NOTHING to affect the CLEAR MEANING of Trump's words.

Are you really denying that he's claiming that violating the Constitution is ALLOWED?

The FACT is, he has LONG been claiming that is what SHOULD BE DONE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

You're such a grand apologist for Donald. 

No, I just don't believe the prevaricators at WshPo or our resident parrots.

Their article sounded like total BS, so I checked, and nothing Trump said could be construed as :

Trump (and Republicans): end Constitution

Trump's quote clearly means that laws are being broken and by not taking action, the DOJ is subverting the constitution.

That's just a fact, but trust me, I 100% believe you if you say that's beyond your ken, CrakHoBarbie. 

Just now, robosmith said:

Your LAME EXCUSES do NOTHING to affect the CLEAR MEANING of Trump's words.

Are you really denying that he's claiming that violating the Constitution is ALLOWED?

OMG, that's just such a ridiculous interpretation of everything.

I take back a lot of the things I said about you. You're really not the liar I thought you were, you just have the reading comprehension of a 2 yr old. 

If I squint my eyes, I can see what Reason10 is getting at. He is interpreting it to mean what WestCanMan said. However, since the whole foundation of the statment is based on a claim of election fraud which is unsupported by tested evidence, that interpretation falls flat. Since the DNC did not steal the election, there is no threat from the Democrats against the Constitution. Neither is there any process for reversing the results of the vote by the Electoral College. 

But, good try there, Reason10 and WestCanMan. 

21 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

And yet, Donald has failed to present any evidence of voter fraud viable enough to be substantiated in a court of law. .... That little nugget of reality, you just can't explain away, you gullible fool.

So, before I prove how ijjitotic your statement is, just answer this, do you believe that this staement from WshPo is 100% legit?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/04/trump-constitution-republicans/

Do you believe that trump's statement means that he thinks the constitution should be terminated, yes or no? 

@Queenmandy85, same to you.....

Before I wrap this up, I just wanna be 100% certain where you stand

27 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If I squint my eyes, I can see what Reason10 is getting at. He is interpreting it to mean what WestCanMan said. However, since the whole foundation of the statment is based on a claim of election fraud which is unsupported by tested evidence, that interpretation falls flat. Since the DNC did not steal the election, there is no threat from the Democrats against the Constitution. Neither is there any process for reversing the results of the vote by the Electoral College. 

But, good try there, Reason10 and WestCanMan. 

You believe this:

means this:

Trump never said that anything "should be" terminated. 

If you think that the first quote somehow means "should be terminated", you are just not intelligent at all.

FYI "allows for" is not synonymous with "should be". 

What a bunch of retards. 

23 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

do you believe that this staement from WshPo is 100% legit?

I'm going by Donald's tweet. And it is clear that Donald thinks his opinions warrant bypassing the Constitution. 

23 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you believe that trump's statement means that he thinks the constitution should be terminated, yes or no? 

@Queenmandy85

I don't profess to be able to read Donald's mind. I can only go by the words he wrote. 

And it is clear, by the words he wrote, that Donald thinks his opinions warrant bypassing the Constitution. 

Edited by CrakHoBarbie