To What Extent Do You Support Abortion?

To What Extent Do You Support Abortion?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

My quote didn't say that "All Liberals and all of their followers want to have abortion legal until 1 second before birth", it is that fringe elements among the left say that. I also acknowledged fringe conservatives think that girls who were raped shouldn't be able to get abortions. 

Are you honestly pretending that there are no retards out there turning what should be an adult discussion into a shitshow? 

I asked “who”

You responded “Democrats and Liberals”

Now you say “zealots”.  

I’ll ask…. Which zealots (names) want a woman to be able to be able to demand and receive an abortion just before a woman gives birth?

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I asked “who”

You responded “Democrats and Liberals”

Now you say “zealots”.  

I’ll ask…. Which zealots (names) want a woman to be able to be able to demand and receive an abortion just before a woman gives birth?

Wrong. My initial post said zealots:

Just like there are zealots on the left who want abortion legal until 1 minute before birth, there are zealots on the right who think that a 12 yr old who is raped should be forced to give live birth. 

When you said who, I said "Dems and Libs". 

It was already established that I was talking about "zealots". IE There are "zealots" or "outliers" or "fringe elements", etc. 

If you could read or you had a better understanding of the English language we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. 

And I already provided a link to a quote from Trudeau saying that it was 100% a woman's right. He didn't imply that there was any reasonable timeframe at all, just that it was a woman's right, period. 

He knows it's a delicate issue. He knows that words have meaning. He wasn't ambiguous at all. He just gave women carte blanche to do whatever, whenever. 

Edited by WestCanMan

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Trudeau saying that it was 100% a woman's right. He didn't imply that there was any reasonable timeframe at all, just that it was a woman's right, period. 

That’s quite a stretch you’re making between what he said and that he thinks the day before giving birth, a woman could choose to abort.  

It makes zero sense as this weird fantasy you have about abortions doesn’t comport to reality. 

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

That’s quite a stretch you’re making between what he said and that he thinks the day before giving birth, a woman could choose to abort.  

Her choice. Interpret that how you want, but he left that statement wide open to appease literally everyone who is 100% pro-abortion.

37 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

You’re making some assumptions.  

the assumption that no exceptions means no exceptions

you're making the assumption that "legal in all cases, no exceptions" doesn't mean "legal in all cases, no exceptions" which is ridiculous

because if that were the case, they would have picked "legal, some exceptions"

you just don't want to admit that many Liberals are extremists on abortion, when that is obviously the case

instead you want to pretend there are far more extremists that are conservative

when only 17% of the most conservative Americans support abortion being illegal in all cases

and 42% of the most liberal Americans support abortion being legal in all cases

the facts don't fit your preferred narrative

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you're making the assumption that "legal in all cases, no exceptions" doesn't mean "legal in all cases, no exceptions" which is ridiculous

you just don't want to admit that many Liberals are extremists on abortion, when that is obviously the case

Except…l. this isn’t reality.  ? 

I only deal in reality, not in abortion fantasy land. 

11 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

that is reality

the facts show your perception is the opposite of reality

you do want to deal with abortion fantasy land

and abortion fantasy land only

when the facts don't fit your confirmation bias you simply choose to ignore them and embrace the delusion

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You don't deal in reality at all. You are a study in ignorance. 

You came here with a debate point stuck in your head which the rest of the world knew was false and no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise. 

22 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

instead you want to pretend there are far more extremists that are conservative

when only 17% of the most conservative Americans support abortion being illegal in all cases

and 42% of the most liberal Americans support abortion being legal in all cases

the facts don't fit your preferred narrative

I would have answered, “Yes, in all cases,” but I would not assume that meant abortion the day before giving birth. Roe v Wade established a cut off at the end of the second trimester, and it’s understood that was the situation except in very exceptional medical emergency cases. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rebound said:

I would have answered, “Yes, in all cases,” but I would not assume that meant abortion the day before giving birth. Roe v Wade established a cut off at the end of the second trimester, and it’s understood that was the situation except in very exceptional medical emergency cases. 

all cases means all cases

including the day before giving birth

assuming otherwise is not understanding basic English 

legal with some exceptions is where the Roe v. Wade cut off line is

legal in all cases is a far more extremist position

Edited by Yzermandius19

52 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

all cases means all cases

including the day before giving birth

assuming otherwise is not understanding basic English 

legal with some exceptions is where the Roe v. Wade cut off line is

legal in all cases is a far more extremist position

You do not understand the fundamentals of survey research. The participants were given a Likert scaled questionnaire. They could only choose certain responses and they had to interpret what the responses meant, so they did. You are choosing to re-interpret that in order ti create a false political narrative which lets you demonize and dehumanize people who disagree with you. It lets you label others as being more extreme than they are.  

All I said was that if I were given those questions, I’d answer “No Restrictions,” assuming that it included the Roe v Wade carve out and assuming that doctors in America don’t perform abortion on demand after the second trimester.  So I demonstrated to you that your interpretation is incorrect, and one you make about of convenience. 

When you complain that America is becoming more divisive, you should respond by being less divisive yourself. If somebody say, “I mean X” don’t respond by telling them they mean something else.  Face value is what it is.  

19 hours ago, Rebound said:

You do not understand the fundamentals of survey research. The participants were given a Likert scaled questionnaire. They could only choose certain responses and they had to interpret what the responses meant, so they did. You are choosing to re-interpret that in order ti create a false political narrative which lets you demonize and dehumanize people who disagree with you. It lets you label others as being more extreme than they are.  

All I said was that if I were given those questions, I’d answer “No Restrictions,” assuming that it included the Roe v Wade carve out and assuming that doctors in America don’t perform abortion on demand after the second trimester.  So I demonstrated to you that your interpretation is incorrect, and one you make about of convenience. 

When you complain that America is becoming more divisive, you should respond by being less divisive yourself. If somebody say, “I mean X” don’t respond by telling them they mean something else.  Face value is what it is.  

my interpretation is correct

you just understand English less the general public

or you're being deliberately obtuse and lying

either way, I'm not taking the word of a hostile witness

who either lacks basic reading comprehension or is obviously acting in bad faith

Edited by Yzermandius19