A report claims overdose death up 41% in Portland Oregon since hard drugs decriminalized.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Its the woke culture that brought this chicken shit to bear on the city.

What the hell is wrong with you?

no it isn't

you just want to pretend that only crazy lefties approve of drug decriminalization

that is not the case

plenty of principled right wingers approve as well

you just want to demonize the opposition

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

The proof could also be Portugal where decriminalization and treating drug addiction as a Health Issue and not a crime is somewhere else you can look. 

If someone is hopelessly addicted to an illegal drug, how does throwing them in prison help them? 

Actually...prison/hospital...I don't care. Just get the trash off the street and quit doing asinine crap like decriminalizing hard drugs.

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Actually...prison/hospital...I don't care. Just get the trash off the street and quit doing asinine crap like decriminalizing hard drugs.

I'm not sure you grasp the term decriminalization. It doesn't mean legalization, it means that possession and use is no longer a criminal offence that will land someone in prison. 

Just now, Boges said:

I'm not sure you grasp the term decriminalization. It doesn't mean legalization, it means that possession and use is no longer a criminal offence that will land someone in prison. 

he doesn't grasp logic in general

it doesn't get any less informed that Nationalist on this issue

he just talks out of his ass

32 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

no it isn't

you just want to pretend that only crazy lefties approve of drug decriminalization

that is not the case

plenty of principled right wingers approve as well

you just want to demonize the opposition

Vote No on Measure 110 led the campaign in opposition to the initiative.[12]

Opponents

Officials

Candidates

Former Officials

Political Parties

• Washington County Republican Party

Corporations

• Pacific Crest Trail Detox

Unions

• Oregon Association Chiefs of Police

Organizations

• Mental Health Association of Portland
  • Oregon Catholic Conference
  • Oregon Council for Behavioral Health
  • Oregon Recovers
  • Oregon Trails Recovery

Individuals

https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measure_110,_Drug_Decriminalization_and_Addiction_Treatment_Initiative_(2020)

Really?

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Really?

what you think that because most Republicans oppose it that everyone on the right does?

you're wrong

Ron Paul knows

libertarians on the right are for drug decriminalization

you don't have to be a lefty to support it

asserting that you have to be

exposes how little about politics you know

Edited by Yzermandius19

35 minutes ago, Boges said:

You obviously don't grasp the mentality of a drug addict. Decriminalization may as well be legalization to an addict. No jail time. That's all they hear.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You obviously don't grasp the mentality of a drug addict. Decriminalization may as well be legalization to an addict. No jail time. That's all they hear.

I don't you know that for sure. You're just making value judgements on addicts. 

Again, why is an illicit drug like Heroine different from other addictive products like Gambling, Alcohol and Tobacco? 

38 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

what you think that because most Republicans oppose it that everyone on the right does?

you're wrong

Ron Paul knows

libertarians on the right are for drug decriminalization

you don't have to be a lefty to support it

asserting that you have to be

exposes how little about politics you know

And supporting the decriminalization of hard drugs shows how little you know about addicts.

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

I don't you know that for sure. You're just making value judgements on addicts. 

Again, why is an illicit drug like Heroine different from other addictive products like Gambling, Alcohol and Tobacco? 

OK...I had hoped to avoid this embarrassing admission but...I was an addict. It took me beating the hell outta my very best friend, to make me realize I had to find a way to stop. I was one of the lucky ones. That was 40 years ago and to this day, most of the addicts I knew back then, are still addicts. I still get "the twitch" once in a while.

I see you idiots trying to equate Gambling, alcohol and tobacco to hard core drug addiction and think...you morons need a good lesson in just what a real addict is like. They will shoot your baby, if they think on the other side is a new fit.

You wanna lock 'em up in jail or hospitals...I don't care. But this tweenkie horse shit that they care about a $100 fine, or that they'll go to a clinic/hospital for treatment is...STUPID! They will rob, lie, cheat and even kill for that next fit.

Now for the love of humanity...quit trying to coddle these social misfits.

23 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OK...I had hoped to avoid this embarrassing admission but...I was an addict. It took me beating the hell outta my very best friend, to make me realize I had to find a way to stop. I was one of the lucky ones. That was 40 years ago and to this day, most of the addicts I knew back then, are still addicts. I still get "the twitch" once in a while.

I see you idiots trying to equate Gambling, alcohol and tobacco to hard core drug addiction and think...you morons need a good lesson in just what a real addict is like. They will shoot your baby, if they think on the other side is a new fit.

You wanna lock 'em up in jail or hospitals...I don't care. But this tweenkie horse shit that they care about a $100 fine, or that they'll go to a clinic/hospital for treatment is...STUPID! They will rob, lie, cheat and even kill for that next fit.

Now for the love of humanity...quit trying to coddle these social misfits.

While I totally relate, the problem that the authorititties are now grappling with relates to a large increase in overdose deaths from street drugs. Also a lot more people are using, and harder. This is practically a global issue. Exacerbated by the availability of fentanyl, and now by covid. There’s almost no other choice but decrim, yet it brings with it a host of other issues. Do I believe that government can provide a solution to this social crisis, by helping addicts out of their condition? No. Hell no.

Like playing a chess game you know you’re gonna lose. Every move just brings the end closer.

Until down, down, down we all go.

40 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

While I totally relate, the problem that the authorititties are now grappling with relates to a large increase in overdose deaths from street drugs. Also a lot more people are using, and harder. This is practically a global issue. Exacerbated by the availability of fentanyl, and now by covid. There’s almost no other choice but decrim, yet it brings with it a host of other issues. Do I believe that government can provide a solution to this social crisis, by helping addicts out of their condition? No. Hell no.

Like playing a chess game you know you’re gonna lose. Every move just brings the end closer.

Until down, down, down we all go.

There is 1 solution...but its something the Libbies would never go for...until the crisis comes to their families.

As I have stated concerning illegal guns and the street gangs who have and use them...instruct the police...and the military if necessary...to go to war with these thugs.

That would mean sealing the southern border tight, and going out and arresting, charging, deporting and/or jailing them for a very very long time. Till Hell freezes over, preferably.

The cops already know who they are and where they are. All we have to do is take off the shackles. You treat about 10 of these pieces of shit to a life in prison and watch the violence and drug trade dip. Prices for the drugs and illegal guns would sky rocket, making it next to impossible for the local thug to get either.

But this would take determination and cotton balls. Determination to see it through and cotton balls to stuff in our ears when the Libbies whine about the precious human rights of people who have already proven they are not fit for a civil society.