Charest vs Poilievre

Federal Conservative 2022  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Pierre will win because the base of party is slowing moving to trumpian levels of the right wing 

Or maybe people on the right are sick of where the left has pushed the country, and are being more vocal about it, this translates to trump somehow because it scares the left... They don't want to lose all those leftist social programs, they are not finished filling their pockets...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Or maybe people on the right are sick of where the left has pushed the country, and are being more vocal about it, this translates to trump somehow because it scares the left... They don't want to lose all those leftist social programs, they are not finished filling their pockets...

Still crying about social programs I see .

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I think Canadians were sick of where the "right" had pushed the country when they punted out Harper?

I sure hope that you are not thinking only the "left" enact social programs? By the Left or right, social programs keep the voters happy. :)

I think that the left/right political cycle is about to change again.  Seems Canada does a dozen years left, then a dozen right, then back to a dozen left.  The right gets the next turn.

As as an aside, the Military remains the same, lowest priority in both regimes.

I think Pierre Poilievre will win, as do most people here.

I also think that there are a lot of Libbies, freaked out by this prospect. And this freak-out is more than the usual Liberal Vs. Conservative. Its very related to TDS and the hatred of anything and anyone who proposes to put the brakes to this modern version of authoritarianism that the Libbies have cultivated.

Before The Rona, I was no fan of Pixey-Dust Trudeau, but I had to acknowledge that the decision to legalize pot was a good one. I also thought the deficit spending from his first term, was also a good decision. When The Rona hit, we got a good example of just how far the Libbies wanted to go. They screamed..."Follow the science!" and then...completely ignored...the science. They screamed..."Masks protect society!"...and then put on a cloth mask that everyone knew didn't work. They screamed..."The anti-vaxers are sickening and should not be allowed to participate in society!" and then went to the thread about Roe V. Wade and screamed..."My Body, My Decision!" They made criminals out of Canadian citizens executing their right to peaceful protest. They LIED about the economic effects of the Windsor bridge blockade. They stole the money of Canadian citizens. They pushed for carbon taxes and trashed the gas and oil pipelines over junk-science and doom's day prediction we all know will never come to pass as a result of Canadian fossil fuel usage.

They KNOW the hole they've dug us all into and so now, they will do and say ANYTHING...regardless of the truth of matters...to discourage rational and reasonable Canadian Conservatives from taking power and undoing their fine little utopia of insane taxation and lies. And IMO, the worst of the bunch are not the blind-assed Libbie reactionaries...its the faux Conservatives who try at every turn, to discourage real Conservatives from voicing their beliefs and voting their conscience.

These fine political hacks are dangerous.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I think Canadians were sick of where the "right" had pushed the country when they punted out Harper?

I sure hope that you are not thinking only the "left" enact social programs? By the Left or right, social programs keep the voters happy. :)

I think that the left/right political cycle is about to change again.  Seems Canada does a dozen years left, then a dozen right, then back to a dozen left.  The right gets the next turn.

Canada was in a much better place under Harper.  Our dollar hit $1.10 US, our economy fared well relative to the US after the 2008 meltdown.  We had more respect from China, Russia, and the US.  Taxes came down for families.  The fitness and arts tax credits encouraged people to be active and healthy.  We didn’t have the endless apology parades and reparations payments to people who already get freebies and expensive inquiries that tell us what we already know.  Canadians felt much better about the country and more unified than they do today for sure.  Trudeau looks like an uninformed, naive phoney by comparison.  I didn’t even vote for Harper in his first mandate, but he was a relatively solid leader.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada was in a much better place under Harper.  Our dollar hit $1.10 US, our economy fared well relative to the US after the 2008 meltdown.  We had more respect from China, Russia, and the US.  Taxes came down for families.  The fitness and arts tax credits encouraged people to be active and healthy.  We didn’t have the endless apology parades and reparations payments to people who already get freebies, more inquiries that tell us what we already know.  Canadians felt much better about the country and more unified than they do today for sure.  Trudeau looks like an uninformed, naive, phoney by comparison.  I didn’t even vote for Harper in his first mandate, but he was a relatively solid leader.  

His tenure and results beat the hell outta Li'l Pixey-Dust's...that's for Gawd_damn sure.

13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada was in a much better place under Harper.  Our dollar hit $1.10 US, our economy fared well relative to the US after the 2008 meltdown.  We had more respect from China, Russia, and the US.  Taxes came down for families.  The fitness and arts tax credits encouraged people to be active and healthy.  We didn’t have the endless apology parades and reparations payments to people who already get freebies and expensive inquiries that tell us what we already know.  Canadians felt much better about the country and more unified than they do today for sure.  Trudeau looks like an uninformed, naive phoney by comparison.  I didn’t even vote for Harper in his first mandate, but he was a relatively solid leader.  

Looking at this with 20/20 hindsight, yeah maybe but, Canada still kicked him out for Justin.  Justin and his libs gained 148 seats.... Harper lost almost 70.

The promise of legalized marijuana (in my opinion) put Trudeau on top and that was enough. In the 2 elections since, the conservatives have not had enough to convince Canadians they were getting anything better.

I certainly hope whomever the cons get as a leader will get all the cons on the same page and enough to oust Trudeau and the liberals  (and the NDP too).

Don't know why Ontario has this hard on for the libs, too many McGuinty/Wynne fans still there I guess.

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The right has enacted or supported lots of social programs like welfare, unemployment, CERB, and health care. As they are somewhat good programs, we can not even compare the right to the left when it comes to dreaming up new social programs, and this new coalition government is off to the races big time when it comes to creating new programs... 

Keeping voters happy is not the end all be all to running the country, true leadership sometimes requires doing what is best for the nation, and not the taxpayer. 

But everything has a cost, you pay for it now or like the left likes to do, pass it on to our future generations to pay off... what is saving the liberals right now is prices are so high, which translates into more taxes generated...I on the other hand like my money, I got "me" shit to buy, and I don't want to pay for all these silly social programs that benefit very few people but cost bils to implement. 

Justin's days are numbered for sure, and so are the NDP leadership, and I'm not sure what PP is going to be like as a leader or PM, but people are craving change. Who knows maybe Justin will get another 4 years, Canadians are too unpredictable to really know, but if he does, the right is going to get that much crazier... 

• Like 1