Jump to content

Ontario To the Polls


Recommended Posts

So, Ontario is going to the polls.

When Ford won last time, the world (well the GTA, Centre of the Universe anyway) was going to implode. The outrage was deafening.

Now Ontario has the opportunity to punt him out.

And bring in Andrea  Horwath to fix things?

Or better yet, bring back the Liberals with Steven Del Duca and all the great Liberal policies form yesteryear?

Or maybe, like the feds, form a NDP/Liberal coalition?

The again, there is always the Greens with Mike Schreiner who says he will put a electric vehicle in everybody's Christmas stocking?

They are all promising a lot.

Whatcha think?

 

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last Friday our local MP (of the NDP flavour) came to our house looking for support. I sat in the background listening to him chat-up my wife, who is a very conservative person. As he handed my wife a pamphlet of things he claims he'd do once elected, he said, "So I can count on your support in the coming election then?"

My wife was in the process of saying "Yes", and then noticed the logo on the pamphlet.

"Oh no." She said. "We all only vote Conservative here."

I took that opportunity to join my lovely wife at the door...to laugh in this jack asses face with her.

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Last Friday our local MP (of the NDP flavour) came to our house looking for support. I sat in the background listening to him chat-up my wife, who is a very conservative person. As he handed my wife a pamphlet of things he claims he'd do once elected, he said, "So I can count on your support in the coming election then?"

My wife was in the process of saying "Yes", and then noticed the logo on the pamphlet.

"Oh no." She said. "We all only vote Conservative here."

I took that opportunity to join my lovely wife at the door...to laugh in this jack asses face with her.

The NDP have had Andrea Horwath as leader since 2009. Almost voted out of existence and then got votes only because the Liberals lost so badly.

Why? The Federal NDP leader loses twice and is ousted but Horwath just keeps on going like the energizer bunny LOL

So far the Horwath and Liberal Del Duca are promising  the most. Del Duca crapped on Ford for a buck a beer and now he is offering a buck a ride.

I was not a Ford fan but, looking at his competition, I am not so sure he will not get back in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

The NDP have had Andrea Horwath as leader since 2009. Almost voted out of existence and then got votes only because the Liberals lost so badly.

Why? The Federal NDP leader loses twice and is ousted but Horwath just keeps on going like the energizer bunny LOL

So far the Horwath and Liberal Del Duca are promising  the most. Del Duca crapped on Ford for a buck a beer and now he is offering a buck a ride.

I was not a Ford fan but, looking at his competition, I am not so sure he will not get back in.

I don't even know if I can cast a vote for Ford this time around. I may just write in, "None of the above liars and cowards are good enough."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

 I am not so sure he will not get back in.

Last poll I saw gave him a 7 point lead.  

If the 30% of Ontarians who rent woke up and realized that the NDP wants to turn the clock back on heavy rent control they would have a majority government in June.  I wonder why that does not happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Last poll I saw gave him a 7 point lead.  

If the 30% of Ontarians who rent woke up and realized that the NDP wants to turn the clock back on heavy rent control they would have a majority government in June.  I wonder why that does not happen.

Both NDP and Liberals are promising everything.

NDP always promises the world and Liberals, well, we know they do nothing but spend and give lifelong contracts to friends.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2022 at 8:55 AM, ExFlyer said:

So, Ontario is going to the polls.

When Ford won last time, the world (well the GTA, Centre of the Universe anyway) was going to implode. The outrage was deafening.

Now Ontario has the opportunity to punt him out.

And bring in Andrea  Horwath to fix things?

Or better yet, bring back the Liberals with Steven Del Duca and all the great Liberal policies form yesteryear?

Or maybe, like the feds, form a NDP/Liberal coalition?

The again, there is always the Greens with Mike Schreiner who says he will put a electric vehicle in everybody's Christmas stocking?

They are all promising a lot.

Whatcha think?

 

Ford became the worst fascist of the bunch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Faramir said:

Ford became the worst fascist of the bunch.

Oh. How profound?

Fascism : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.

Ford ???  NOT!! 

NDP? Very close

Past Liberals? Definitely YES!   LOL

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh. How profound?

Fascism : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.

Ford ???  NOT!! 

NDP? Very close

Past Liberals? Definitely YES!   LOL

ExFlyer - I'm coming to settle on THREE hallmarks of the New Fake Conservatives:

-Labelling
-Scare Mongering
-Anti-intellectualism

Calling something a name (Fascism, Marxism, Wokism are all interchangable) is a sold go-to for people who believe that political discussion should consist of slapping a label on something then dancing around at how clever you are.

None of the Canadian parties are fascist of course.  Ford was a populist, even, and as such it's a little weird to see the NFCs feast on the ample flesh of one of their own.  They will do it though.  They are cannibals ! :D

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

ExFlyer - I'm coming to settle on THREE hallmarks of the New Fake Conservatives:

-Labelling
-Scare Mongering
-Anti-intellectualism

Calling something a name (Fascism, Marxism, Wokism are all interchangable) is a sold go-to for people who believe that political discussion should consist of slapping a label on something then dancing around at how clever you are.

None of the Canadian parties are fascist of course.  Ford was a populist, even, and as such it's a little weird to see the NFCs feast on the ample flesh of one of their own.  They will do it though.  They are cannibals ! :D

 

Yeah, some folks need to call names. Be it Fascist or Nazi or whatever. Seems it is their way of trying to be smart or superior.

In Ontario you have

Andera Horwath, a 5 time loser with a Bob Rae (liberal interim leader too) albatross around her neck and still peddling his philopsophy

Steven Del Duca, the illegitimate (or maybe legitimate?) child of McGuinty and Wynne also still peddling their philosophy.

Ford, former drug dealer (say some), former Mayor of the centre of the universe and present premier through the greatest worldwide pandemic in recent (if not all) history during 1/2 of his tenure

Which one has the credibility to carry on? In my mind, Ford seems the illogical choice.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Which one has the credibility to carry on? In my mind, Ford seems the illogical choice.

A Ford minority would be a blessing - a kind of nod to Ford's surprising adequacy during Covid, with the opposition guns reloading against him.

He's another corrupt crony in the end.  A populist if that means helping his friends.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ts/opinion/editorials/2021/04/05/highway-413-was-always-a-bad-idea-ties-between-developers-and-the-ford-government-should-be-the-final-straw.html

Eight developers own thousands of acres of prime real estate along the proposed route. Four of them are connected to Ford’s Progressive Conservative government through the head of the party’s fundraising arm or former politicians now acting as lobbyists. Most of the developers are significant PC donors.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

A Ford minority would be a blessing - a kind of nod to Ford's surprising adequacy during Covid, with the opposition guns reloading against him.

He's another corrupt crony in the end.  A populist if that means helping his friends.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ts/opinion/editorials/2021/04/05/highway-413-was-always-a-bad-idea-ties-between-developers-and-the-ford-government-should-be-the-final-straw.html

Eight developers own thousands of acres of prime real estate along the proposed route. Four of them are connected to Ford’s Progressive Conservative government through the head of the party’s fundraising arm or former politicians now acting as lobbyists. Most of the developers are significant PC donors.

 

I am sure most developers are also significant (fill in any political party) donors. 

Businesses of all stripes donate to all political parties just to butter their bread.

Lobbyists are also apolitical. Whomever sits on the throne gets visits from lobbyists. Even if not sitting on the throne, lobbyists are active to get anyone on their side to move whatever project they have forward. That is the entire reason for lobbying.

For sure Ford has lobbyists, as  did McGunty and Wynne and even Horwath gets funds and lobbying action (primarily unions :) ).

As for land, most land is owned by private persons or businesses or developers.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Boges said:

Pledging to mandate COVID vaccines for students is likely a bridge too far for many parents. 

The Liberals are in trouble.  

They are playing (sucking up) to the teachers unions which traditionally endorse NDP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 5:27 AM, ExFlyer said:

Oh. How profound?

Fascism : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.

Ford ???  NOT!! 

NDP? Very close

Past Liberals? Definitely YES!   LOL

The way he shut down the province over COVID 19.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2022 at 5:32 AM, Michael Hardner said:

ExFlyer - I'm coming to settle on THREE hallmarks of the New Fake Conservatives:

-Labelling
-Scare Mongering
-Anti-intellectualism

Calling something a name (Fascism, Marxism, Wokism are all interchangable) is a sold go-to for people who believe that political discussion should consist of slapping a label on something then dancing around at how clever you are.

None of the Canadian parties are fascist of course.  Ford was a populist, even, and as such it's a little weird to see the NFCs feast on the ample flesh of one of their own.  They will do it though.  They are cannibals ! :D

 

That's OK I think you are a fake conservative too.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Liberals booted a candidate for something he posted online when he was 13. GODDAMN!!!! 

https://nationalpost.com/news/ontario-election/ontario-liberals-drop-candidate-hours-before-deadline-after-facebook-comments-unearthed

The PC Education Minister apparently participated in a Frat Party Slave Auction and DoFo isn't removing him. 

If the PM can get away with Blackface, this whole practice of digging up previous things candidate has said has got to stop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boges said:

The Liberals booted a candidate for something he posted online when he was 13. GODDAMN!!!! 

https://nationalpost.com/news/ontario-election/ontario-liberals-drop-candidate-hours-before-deadline-after-facebook-comments-unearthed

The PC Education Minister apparently participated in a Frat Party Slave Auction and DoFo isn't removing him. 

If the PM can get away with Blackface, this whole practice of digging up previous things candidate has said has got to stop. 

For sure. A F'n outrage!!

No party should ever run a candidate that was young once. Who knows what they did when they were young and immature.!!

That would solve a great problem for conservatives and liberals....no one running and legislatures would be empty except for the righteous NDP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,418
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    stevenwilson
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • ironstone went up a rank
      Grand Master
    • reason10 went up a rank
      Veteran
    • Manymoons11 earned a badge
      First Post
    • LTJ earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • akayy earned a badge
      One Month Later
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...