Leftism and Political Prisoners

5 minutes ago, West said:

More drummed up charges by lefties this time against the officer who posted a video in support of the Convoy. 

https://tnc.news/2022/03/29/ontario-cop-charged-for-posting-video-praising-truckers/

Would she have been charged criminally if she supported the mostly peaceful BLM riots, vaccine mandates, and firing people for non-compliance?

On a scale from 0-100% chance.... I'll go with negative 83 trillion%.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, West said:

More drummed up charges by lefties this time against the officer who posted a video in support of the Convoy. 

https://tnc.news/2022/03/29/ontario-cop-charged-for-posting-video-praising-truckers/

Government workers aren’t allowed to hold opinions that run counter to government policy anymore.  We saw this when Trudeau said students who want summer jobs aren’t allowed to be pro life.  “Unacceptable views.”   But the judge who sentenced Tamara Lich was a Liberal candidate.  That’s okay because it’s Liberal.

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Government workers aren’t allowed to hold opinions that run counter to government policy anymore.  We saw this when Trudeau said students who want summer jobs aren’t allowed to be pro life.  “Unacceptable views.”   But the judge who sentenced Tamara Lich was a Liberal candidate.  That’s okay because it’s Liberal.

We saw this during the Harper era when he fired the head of Canada's nuclear watchdog back in 2008 for objecting to running the Chalk River nuclear isotope facility without backup power generators.  I guess this is okay because the Conservatives did the firing?  ?

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The magnitude of the SNC scandal and the WE scandal are off the charts by comparison to Duffygate, but the media here painted a very different picture. 

In terms of magnitude, you could add up every single case of corruption in Canada's history and it would be a minuscule fraction compared to the estimated $130 billion dollars of oligarch's wealth reportedly laundered on Trudeau's watch in Canada last year.

So why do you think this laundering business is such an apparently taboo topic? Do you think it's possible Conservatives are raising this issue on a daily basis but we're not hearing a peep about it because of Trudeau's totalitarianism and complete control over the media?  I think he'd need to have control of the Conservative Party as well to prevent them from exploiting this issue for all its worth.  Its truly phenomenal how much power Trudeau seems to have.

Hey look there goes Randy fucking Hillier! 

27 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

We saw this during the Harper era when he fired the head of Canada's nuclear watchdog back in 2008 for objecting to running the Chalk River nuclear isotope facility without backup power generators.  I guess this is okay because the Conservatives did the firing?  ?

I don’t support government interference like that.  You seem to think I’m staunch conservative.  I’m a centrist, but our Conservative party is now half Liberal and both the Liberal and NDP parties have become far-left totalitarian.  I didn’t change; they did.  Potential immigrants have noticed the woke revolution in Canada.  Why would they leave one dictatorship to join another one?

https://apple.news/Ah_QKZo7GQiadRzTZdcmhIA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t support government interference like that.  You seem to think I’m staunch conservative.  I’m a centrist, but our Conservative party is now half Liberal and both the Liberal and NDP parties have become far-left totalitarian.  I didn’t change; they did.  Potential immigrants have noticed the woke revolution in Canada.  Why would they leave one dictatorship to join another one?

At least in their dictatorship they have nice weather

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t support government interference like that.  You seem to think I’m staunch conservative.

Oh I think something else about you entirely, but you were commenting that this somehow a Liberal thing, and I'm just looking to assure you it isn't.  ?

I’m a centrist, but our Conservative party is now half Liberal and both the Liberal and NDP parties have become far-left totalitarian.

Whatever you are, it's certainly not centrist.  I'm not sure where hyperbolic conspiracy theorist really fits on the spectrum.  

I didn’t change; they did.  Potential immigrants have noticed the woke revolution in Canada.  Why would they leave one dictatorship to join another one?

Can't accept this.  It's MSM fake news.  

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Oh I think something else about you entirely, but you were commenting that this somehow a Liberal thing, and I'm just looking to assure you it isn't.  ?

Whatever you are, it's certainly not centrist.  I'm not sure where hyperbolic conspiracy theorist really fits on the spectrum.  

Can't accept this.  It's MSM fake news.  

Keep plugging your ears, closing your eyes, and babbling.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t support government interference like that.

Do you support government support for money laundering? Given the reported scope of it in Canada there's no way it's going on without government interference, and especially it's non-interference.

Maybe our complicity is like one of those too big to fail issues, or maybe someone has a gun to our head, what do you think? 

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

It's MSM fake news.  

As a quick aside...do you think my oft-repeated mention of laundering is spamming or thread-jacking?  I'm just afraid you-know-who might cancel me for it.  Should I back off you think, or does it resonate with the tone of the thread/times? 

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

As a quick aside...do you think my oft-repeated mention of laundering is spamming or thread-jacking?  I'm just afraid you-know-who might cancel me for it.  Should I back off you think, or does it resonate with the tone of the thread/times? 

I still don't know what you're talking about with it tbh.  

On 3/29/2022 at 7:38 AM, West said:

It first started in the United States where Democrats ran show trials against the sitting president of the United States, Donald J. Trump, to atone for his election victory over Hillary Clinton. 

It then moved up to Canada. 

Whether it be the fake charges drummed up against Artur Pawlowski, the ridiculous abuse of power against the Freedom Convoy protests. 

Now they go after political opponents. This time Randy Hillier for encouraging people to call in police violence against protesters. Apparently if you witness an assault, you mustn't say anything if it's leftists doing it. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/randy-hillier-arrest-protest-convoy-ottawa-mpp-1.6399669

Where have we gone as a nation? Should the justice system really be tied up with frivolous nonsense because politicians have hurt feelings? Seems like a waste of resources and detrimental to the fabric of society  

Of course there's a sizeable part of the population who wants to use the justice system as a sort of purity test for left wing causes. Very sad

Been going on for a long time.  The FBI NSA and CIA are now weaponized to move against any conservative group they deem a threat.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, West said:

The charges aren't serious but serve as a way of character assassination. Most people don't have the time to dive into the charges and on surface would give the illusion he's a bad bad guy. 

The process of being sunk in lawyer fees and having your life impeded due to bail conditions are the real punishment for disagreeing with a liberal. General Flynn is a prime example.. had to re-mortgage his home to fend off frivolous litigation. 

And we claim we are a "free" society ?

The PROCESS is the punishment.   A good example is the fraudulent hockey stick graph by fake scientist Michael Mann.  He sued Steyn to put Steyn through the process.  There was no way it was ever going to see the light of day in court.  If that happened then global warming would have to be defended - something no one wants to do on the left.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I think this is probably better for another topic, but it smells fishy and I'm tired of our successive governments (provincially and federally) cowering about doing something about obvious sources of corruption and abuse.   

It's a topic that weaves through much of the tapestry of threads this forum and 10000 like it are composed of - much of it with apparent dismay and disgust and almost all of it with partisan denial and finger-pointing.  It's this which really prevents anything being done I think.

Its not or shouldn't be something that divides progressive/conservative and left/right because it's entirely an inside vs outside or top vs bottom struggle. I guess when enough people pick a 'side' that gets lost.