Canada's military, how impressive it really is.

Army Guy

G101 was actually a nice barracks

it was brand new back in the 90s

we had big screen tv, we had phones, we had Sega

the floors were all carpeted, the showers had plenty of hot water

my girlfriend didn't mind hanging out at G101, and all the guys treated her with respect

I was always connected, I was buddies with the barracks warden

so after awhile I got the room all to myself

the barracks warden just didn't post anybody to my room

so I broke down the other bed, had the two man room with no roommate

that was a pretty sweet deal for a young bachelor like me

$115 a month for my room, with cable & phone, and three meals a day at Normandy Mess

Is converting our RCMP police or military to these new ideas coming out of the woke movement. Is this the cultural change we wanted for our military ? Today my son told me that a new National message has come down about new uniform policies (dress codes) and those that have radically changed are the men's, 

Men are now allowed to color their hair in any color they want to or as many colors as they see fit, they can grow their hair as long as they want, wear man buns, wear ear rings, have facial rings, wear colored nail polish. Some are saying so what, well the reason is hygiene, one might no have the means to shower up, for days, sometime weeks...and the conditions they live in are very primitive. Camping on civy street is luxurious, jam 10 guys into a tent, that have not washed in 7 days it would make a goat puke... 

Instead of having a standard that makes everyone look the same," one team",  now we are are making changes to accommodate everyone's personal choices, every need, every want where does this all end...well thats being inclusive to the extreme.

I think we have to look at these jobs and decide, do we want it to be so inclusive that it effects the quality of police officers or military, i agree anyone of any color, race religion, or creed, or sexual orientation should be able to apply to these institution and get a chance to serve and have to meet moderate standards to be accepted, but they should at least look professional not like a bunch of clowns..  

Can you imagine had the forces gone down to break up the truckers convoy, with long hair tied up in a man bun that was multi colors, long nails, with make up and facial rings hanging of his nose. Do you think this person is going to be intimidating, it gives a whole new meaning to "put your war face on" these are the people that we have chosen to defend our nation , from some pretty tough bad guys...these are the people that might have to put someone in the ground.

John Robson: Liberals are infecting our military and police forces with wokeism. We will all pay the price (msn.com)

Edited by Army Guy

9 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Is converting our RCMP police or military to these new ideas coming out of the woke movement. Is this the cultural change we wanted for our military ? Today my son told me that a new National message has come down about new uniform policies (dress codes) and those that have radically changed are the men's, 

Men are now allowed to color their hair in any color they want to or as many colors as they see fit, they can grow their hair as long as they want, wear man buns, wear ear rings, have facial rings, wear colored nail polish. Some are saying so what, well the reason is hygiene, one might no have the means to shower up, for days, sometime weeks...and the conditions they live in are very primitive. Camping on civy street is luxurious, jam 10 guys into a tent, that have not washed in 7 days it would make a goat puke... 

Instead of having a standard that makes everyone look the same," one team",  now we are are making changes to accommodate everyone's personal choices, every need, every want where does this all end...well thats being inclusive to the extreme.

I think we have to look at these jobs and decide, do we want it to be so inclusive that it effects the quality of police officers or military, i agree anyone of any color, race religion, or creed, or sexual orientation should be able to apply to these institution and get a chance to serve and have to meet moderate standards to be accepted, but they should at least look professional not like a bunch of clowns..  

Can you imagine had the forces gone down to break up the truckers convoy, with long hair tied up in a man bun that was multi colors, long nails, with make up and facial rings hanging of his nose. Do you think this person is going to be intimidating, it gives a whole new meaning to "put your war face on" these are the people that we have chosen to defend our nation , from some pretty tough bad guys...these are the people that might have to put someone in the ground.

John Robson: Liberals are infecting our military and police forces with wokeism. We will all pay the price (msn.com)

let it burn

let Canada burn itself to the ground

good riddance

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Reminds me of years ago when they tried to promote feminist equality among fire fighters. Videos of women struggling to lift the ladders. Sorry ladies, this job needs to be done by big burly men. Thats what it takes in the field. 

But doesn’t matter to me if they want to slip on a tutu, when the shift is over!

:ph34r:

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Is all this to attract new recruits?

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Come on now, friend, I share your dismay. It needn’t be so bad.

the death of Confederation is not a bad thing

Canada is nothing but a jackboot upon our necks now

you can't save it from itself anyways

the sooner it burns itself down, the sooner we are free of this abominable fake country

• Like 1

don't forget, there has been more than one Canada

there was the Canada founded on 22 June 1603 by the French

there was the Canada taken as a war prize by the British on 13 September 1759

there was the Canada that beat the Americans and lived to tell the tale on 13 October 1812

there was the Canada which Confederated in a panic on 1 July 1867

there was the Canada which patriated the Constitution on 29 March 1982

there is no steady state Canada, Canada is constantly in flux

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Is all this to attract new recruits?

This is in response to fixing the culture in the forces, it was sexual assualts and harassments that was the trigger, that and gays where thrown out years back, now they want to be all inclusive give soldiers more options...I heard rumors this was coming a few months ago, And i thought it was a joke..no this is the new reality...

Recruiting has defiantly took a hit, but i don't think this route is going to solve it...Infantry Bn's are suffering as well with massive shortages, and more and more people getting out becasue their is a lack of training and resources, and you can only do so much PT and Vehicle maintance, And what resources were left Justin has gave away... 

I never found sexual assault to be a problem in the infantry

they forced females into the combat arms ranks to comply with the leftist "Human Rights Act" in 1989

but I found that the male troops were actually very protective of the female soldiers

nobody messed with the girls in our regiment, because those girls were in the regiment

the regiment protects its own against all comers, is the ethos we adhered to

Dileas

1713617_13.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

the main problem with females in the infantry was simply a lack of muscle mass

the strongest female was still much weaker than the weakest man

they just couldn't carry the weight

these slight girls trying to carry 120lbs on their backs, it was too much weight for them to carry, at infantry pace

bear in mind, the rucksack is 80 lbs

then the webbing is another 40 lbs

some of these girls only weighed 130 lbs

so they were practically trying to carry their own body weight

so soon as we went to the double time in full battle order, the girls started collapsing on the side of the road

at first we were pissed off

like we were stuck with a bunch of teenage girls who could not keep up

but then you start to get to know them

they become like your little sisters

so you carry the weight for them, you carry their water for them

and if any guy from another regiment took the slightest liberty against our sisters

we would hunt that man down and rain swift & terrible barracks room justice upon him

like I say, I was no super soldier, I was just average

but any infantryman who knows me, know that I am not to be trifled with

I was one of the most feared soldiers in the army, when it came to no hold barred barracks room justice

regular force, or militia, didn't matter

I fear no man, only God

I don't back down, I will take on all comers

the Ludus, Gladiator School

the regiment is my fatherland

I would kill, I would die, for the brothers & sisters

• Like 1

how impressive is that ?

what do you do for a living ?

would you kill, would you die, for your coworkers ?

no ?

join the infantry then

find out what it is like

as the most impressive thing of all, is the regimental family

To suffer hardness with good cheer,
In sternest school of warfare bred,
Our youth should learn; let steed and spear
Make him one day the Parthian's dread;
Cold skies, keen perils, brace his life.
Methinks I see from rampired town
Some battling tyrant's matron wife,
Some maiden, look in terror down,—
“Ah, my dear lord, untrain'd in war!
O tempt not the infuriate mood
Of that fell lion I see! from far
He plunges through a tide of blood!”
What joy, for fatherland to die!
Death's darts e'en flying feet o'ertake,
Nor spare a recreant chivalry,
A back that cowers, or loins that quake.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

I think the leader who made the greatest impression on me was an officer in the militia

Brigadier General Achilles Gregory Young of the 48th Highlanders of Canada

he worked his way up from the ranks in the regiment

as a Private Soldier all the way to Sergeant Major

then he took his commission, became Captain Young

he was my OC when he was Major Young

my CO when he was Lt. Colonel Young

my Brigade Commander when he was Colonel Young

he was a high school Vice Principle on civvy street

for some reason he just liked me, he took a shine to me

the first time he spoke to me, he came up and kicked me in the back of the helmet

he was standing over me, yelling at me for being in a bad fire position with the C9

he was telling me where he wanted his machine guns, "get the f*ck up there, now !"

over the years tho, he always sought me out, talked to me in the ranks, came and found me in the field

he would come and find me on exercise, bum a smoke off me, asking me what I thought about the situation

even when he was a General, he still came and found me, on huge exercises, to bum a smoke & hang out

he was super keen, because he had been an NCO, he had his shit wired tight in the field at all times

we all loved him, all his boys, we were in awe of him, he was an heroic figure

I have a photograph here above my desk, of General Young & me in the field, smoking & having a chat

he was an Infantry God in the truest sense, he was my Infantry God

Dileas

the greatest honour of my career, mind you

was being on parade for the Commander-in-Chief

the Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

at St Andrew's Church on King Street in Toronto

Elizabeth Windsor herself, right before my eyes

it was like a myth come to life

just to be in the presence of the Queen, was the highest honour

Nec Aspera Terrent

10 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Dougie93 for a guy that says he hates the Military, you sure say a lot of good things about them :)

I don't hate the military

I only hate the Confederation which destroyed the best small army in the world that it was

I am fiercely loyal to the Commander-in-Chief

while despising the usurpers in Ottawa who break their oaths to Her

entirely consistent with Canadian history & constitution

one is only bound to the Queen, the politicians are nobodies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't hate the military

I only hate the Confederation which destroyed the best small army in the world that it was

I am fiercely loyal to the Commander-in-Chief

while despising the usurpers in Ottawa who break their oaths to Her

entirely consistent with Canadian history & constitution

one is only bound to the Queen, the politicians are nobodies

What do you think of a guy (taxme) that says "The Canadian military will fire on Canadian protesters like me or the truckers if they are ordered to do so. "? Would you have? Regardless of your take on Canada.

On page 2 of

I am simply answering the question of the OP to the best of my recollection

"how impressive is the Canadian military ?"

it was the most impressive thing in my life by far

it just wasn't about the budget or lack thereof

or what weapons we had or didn't have

it was all about the service members themselves

the men & women who serve are impressive, to no end

literally super soldiers, like something out of the movies

this abominable Confederation does not deserve them, I think most Canadians would admit that

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

What do you think of a guy (taxme) that says "The Canadian military will fire on Canadian protesters like me or the truckers if they are ordered to do so. "? Would you have? Regardless of your take on Canada.

as I said, I am a dual citizen

I was born in Canada, my mother is Canadian

but my father was American

so I was raised with the American religion

thus I am a free speech absolutist

taxme has the right to his opinion, people's opinions don't bother me

that's the American hurly burly, come to Canada, and nothing will stop it

free all the slaves everywhere or die trying

inalienable rights endowed by God himself

woe be to any Canadian who tries to stand in our way

• Like 1

don't forget, you were not a Citizen Soldier as an American would be

Canada is not a republic

you are bound to no fealty to the scum in Ottawa who betray their oaths to the monarch

the cowards, sycophants, cronies & traitors of the Canadian government are fit for the yardarm

you were a mercenary for the Queen

bound only to Her Majesty, as Commander-in-Chief

Canada is just an American protectorate, it's not a sovereign independent country in the Westphalian sense

your real nation in a practical sense, is the United Kingdom-United States Security Agreement (UKUSSA)

the entire Canadian Forces are subordinate to the United States Northern Command at Colorado Springs

none the less, I have many American veterans as the closest of friends

and they all love & respect their Canadian bothers in arms

while at the same time recognizing that Canada itself is a frozen freedom hating pseudo Communist GULAG

our only desire is to free Canada from these ignominious tyrants in Ottawa

Edited by Dougie93