Terrorist Attack in Canada (not BCT)

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The pipeline is worth quite a bit. The existing line has operating revenues of over 700 million a year and BC would grind to a halt without it.

Not worth what we paid for it, if it was worth more the company would have kept it, but regardless of what it is worth, it is not worth the grief that native protestors where causing such as legal fees disruptions of construction to twin the line...

As for BC grinding to a halt, that would have been BC choice not anyone elses... Justin did not prevent that by buying the pipe line....it was BC provincial government protesting the twinning of that line because Alberta refused to give them any of the increased revenue. why else would they protest twining an already built pipeline that everyone had already agreed to let happen... and the only reason BC stopped was the feds had said they would fund the natural gas plant worth a lot more than the pipeline... 

49 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I support the idea behind BLM, I don't support any violence committed in its name.

That makes perfect sense in a really idiotic sort of way.

1) BLM's overt attempts to incite rioting & violence by spreading disinformation about police interactions with violent criminals violence worked, but 2) you don't support the violence, you just 3) support the messengers who caused it? 

Duhhhhh, which way'd he go George? 

3 minutes ago, West said:

Dude 1 in 10000 are getting injured from the thing. 

Do you have a good cite for that, or is from the trucker's protest website?  

3 minutes ago, West said:

So a large employer of about 10000 people forces all his employees to line up along the wall. Uses a handful of firearms holding just one single bullet. You don't know which one will be shot but you know one of them will causing either injury or death. 

He tells all his employees if you don't stand along the wall and allow him to pull the trigger that they will lose their jobs. 

People use the law of probability.. there's a "low chance" of the bullet going off when they are against the wall. They like their job and decide to go along with it. 

You think this little experiment would be ethical?

I'm sure when you wrote this up you thought it was a really sharp analogy.  It begs various questions, however, most notable among them being:

1. In what retarded fantasy are we lining up to be shot at with guns (live ammunition or not)?

2.  What are we trying to accomplish here? 

3.  Why would my boss terminate my employment for not wanting to play along?"  

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not worth what we paid for it, if it was worth more the company would have kept it, but regardless of what it is worth, it is not worth the grief that native protestors where causing such as legal fees disruptions of construction to twin the line...

As for BC grinding to a halt, that would have been BC choice not anyone elses... Justin did not prevent that by buying the pipe line....it was BC provincial government protesting the twinning of that line because Alberta refused to give them any of the increased revenue. why else would they protest twining an already built pipeline that everyone had already agreed to let happen... and the only reason BC stopped was the feds had said they would fund the natural gas plant worth a lot more than the pipeline... 

Kinder Morgan dumped the pipeline after spending over a billion trying to get it approved and spending millions in legal fees fighting the likes of the BC government in hundreds of legal challenges which they all won. They didn't just sell the pipeline, they dumped all their Canadian assets and operations. They are done with Canada.

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Do you have a good cite for that, or is from the trucker's protest website?  

I'm sure when you wrote this up you thought it was a really sharp analogy.  It begs various questions, however, most notable among them being:

1. In what retarded fantasy are we lining up to be shot at with guns (live ammunition or not)?

2.  What are we trying to accomplish here? 

3.  Why would my boss terminate my employment for not wanting to play along?"  

Jeeze this has been cited several times. 

Now you know how I feel about the sick obsession with mass vaccinating everyone. 

I have absolutely no doubt that psychologists and sociologists will be studying warped folks like yourself in the years to come when this is all set and done

Edited by West

2 minutes ago, West said:

Jeeze this has been cited several times. 

Now you know how I feel about the sick obsession with mass vaccinating everyone. 

I can't find anything on it.  If you're going to throw the claim around and if it's such readily available information, please share it.  I'm willing to be proven wrong.  

2 minutes ago, West said:

I have absolutely no doubt that psychologists and sociologists will be studying warped folks like yourself in the years to come when this is all set and done

Or ones who come up with imbecilic hypothetical scenarios where employers shoot 1 in 10,000 of their employees for absolutely no reason, and think they're presenting valid arguments.  

spongebob meme.jpg

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Kinder Morgan dumped the pipeline after spending over a billion trying to get it approved and spending millions in legal fees fighting the likes of the BC government in hundreds of legal challenges which they all won. They didn't just sell the pipeline, they dumped all their Canadian assets and operations. They are done with Canada.

Which supports my point, why did Justin have to buy that pipeline, it was damaged goods, they could have let kinder Morgan just hold on to it, or sell it at a loss... and BC could not have been that supported by that line if they were fighting it in court, the owners could have just turned the taps off or limited the flow...

If all the challenges were won why is it they are still continuing with construction. maybe i got the wrong pipeline ? 

BC opposition dropped after it was announced the feds were going to give funding to their LNG plant. 

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I can't find anything on it.  If you're going to throw the claim around and if it's such readily available information, please share it.  I'm willing to be proven wrong.  

Or ones who come up with imbecilic hypothetical scenarios where employers shoot 1 in 10,000 of their employees for absolutely no reason, and think they're presenting valid arguments.  

spongebob meme.jpg

So my analogy is bad but what's actually happening is okay to you? 

Good grief ?

An absured policy calls for an absured analogy ?

Edited by West

2 hours ago, West said:

Didn't he say he supports black lives matter? 

The group that cause 1-2 billion in damages? 

I support doing more to control our government's corruption and suddenly I'm no better than some dictator that's killed millions.

They even compare me to Trudeau ffs.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Which supports my point, why did Justin have to buy that pipeline, it was damaged goods, they could have let kinder Morgan just hold on to it, or sell it at a loss... and BC could not have been that supported by that line if they were fighting it in court, the owners could have just turned the taps off or limited the flow...

If all the challenges were won why is it they are still continuing with construction. maybe i got the wrong pipeline ? 

BC opposition dropped after it was announced the feds were going to give funding to their LNG plant. 

No one wanted it. Why would any sane company want to inherit the same grief Kinder Morgan had trying to build something in Canada. Now that Canada owns it FN are interested in getting involved. I hope they do. Alberta can't turn off the tap, the courts have already said so and besides, half the present line's capacity goes to US refineries. They would not be impressed.

The NDP power base is in the Lower Mainland and Island where opposition to the TMX was strongest. Politics.

Edited by Aristides

27 minutes ago, West said:

So my analogy is bad but what's actually happening is okay to you? 

I'm not sure you really have a ground-in-reality understanding of what's happening in the first place, judging by the embarrassing analogy you presented.  The point of such an argument is to demonstrate similar/parallel reasoning, but yours faceplanted out of the gate.  You can't explain why employers would insist on whimsically murdering 1/10,000 of their workers as a condition of their employment, because that's an idiotic idea from the start.  

The why behind the vaccine mandates are clear.  Whether or not you agree with them doesn't change that.  You can try to make your case on why the reasoning/justification for them is bad, but retarded analogies that make absolutely no sense aren't going to get you there.  They just make you look foolish.  

14 minutes ago, Aristides said:

To what end?

Oh, it’s simple.  Well known fact that the CIA is involved with the trucker blockaders to destabilize Canada.  So now there’s suddenly an attack on a pipeline by natives?  Clearly a false flag by the CIA/truckers to distract from their blockade and all the arrests being made.  

Just now, TreeBeard said:

Oh, it’s simple.  Well known fact that the CIA is involved with the trucker blockaders to destabilize Canada.  So now there’s suddenly an attack on a pipeline by natives?  Clearly a false flag by the CIA/truckers to distract from their blockade and all the arrests being made.  

Well known by who? 

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I'm not sure you really have a ground-in-reality understanding of what's happening in the first place, judging by the embarrassing analogy you presented.  The point of such an argument is to demonstrate similar/parallel reasoning, but yours faceplanted out of the gate.  You can't explain why employers would insist on whimsically murdering 1/10,000 of their workers as a condition of their employment, because that's an idiotic idea from the start.  

The why behind the vaccine mandates are clear.  Whether or not you agree with them doesn't change that.  You can try to make your case on why the reasoning/justification for them is bad, but retarded analogies that make absolutely no sense aren't going to get you there.  They just make you look foolish.  

Throwing out the r word.. yup you have a grasp on reality bud. 

It's as idiotic as requesting your employees get vaccinated even though there's a 1 in 10,000 chance they'll be injured from the vaccine. That's the similarity bud.

OK let's say the reason WHY they are doing it is because if they don't the government will randomly pull people out of work for 14 days unless they carry through the exercise...

Edited by West

8 minutes ago, West said:

It's as idiotic as requesting your employees get vaccinated even though there's a 1 in 10,000 chance they'll be injured from the vaccine. That's the similarity bud.

"Injured?"  What does that even mean?  Where are those numbers again?  Still waiting... ?

Even if your numbers are correct (doubtful!), how does a 1/10,000 chance of being "injured" by a needle compare to the same chances of being shot?

This of course ignores the reality that the vaccine protects you from "injury" or "death" from a virus, whereas lining up to be potentially shot in the face by your employer would serves no observable purpose.  

Great analogy man.  You really thought that one through!  ?

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

"Injured?"  What does that even mean?  Where are those numbers again?  Still waiting... ?

Even if your numbers are correct (doubtful!), how does a 1/10,000 chance of being "injured" by a needle compare to the same chances of being shot?

This of course ignores the reality that the vaccine protects you from "injury" or "death" from a virus, whereas lining up to be potentially shot in the face by your employer would serves no observable purpose.  

Great analogy man.  You really thought that one through!  ?

Nonsense. 

At my age and in my health I have statistically a zero percent chance of anything more than a seasonal cold. 

Yet you are forcing me to take the shot... 

You seriously think your employer would care if if weren't for the ridiculous isolation "close contact" requirements hahahaha

You sir make no sense. 

Edited by West

Your employer's cares or lack thereof are irrelevant, since that's not where the mandates are coming from.  Your health and age are also not the only considerations considering a virus is a public health issue and go beyond Mr. West's selfish and obstinate whining. 

Regardless, you've pivoted yourself away from the original debate and clearly lost the thread of the discussion.  

17 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Your employer's cares or lack thereof are irrelevant, since that's not where the mandates are coming from.  Your health and age are also not the only considerations considering a virus is a public health issue and go beyond Mr. West's selfish and obstinate whining. 

Regardless, you've pivoted yourself away from the original debate and clearly lost the thread of the discussion.  

You are the one using the r word like a tough guy. 

3 hours ago, West said:

Who did sir? 

Right-wing conservatives who don't like the idea of interfering with the secrecy privacy that corporate lobbyists and politicians enjoy.  Apparently we'd be attacking free speech if we did that.

I've been getting myself compared to the worst mass murderers in history for my views on accountability for 25 years or more and I'm sure they wouldn't like being compared to Trudeau anymore than I do. 

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

No one wanted it. Why would any sane company want to inherit the same grief Kinder Morgan had trying to build something in Canada. Now that Canada owns it FN are interested in getting involved. I hope they do. Alberta can't turn off the tap, the courts have already said so and besides, half the present line's capacity goes to US refineries. They would not be impressed.

The NDP power base is in the Lower Mainland and Island where opposition to the TMX was strongest. Politics.

Which is my point, nobody wanted, the feds could have purchased for a lot less than they did, after all the feds had better cards, KG wanted to get out of dodge. 

BC can not have it both ways engage in protests about the KM lines, and then expect funding for the LNG, nobody knows what that conversation went like, but I'm sure it had something with Hogan reversing his position...Then shortly afterwards the announced LNG funding... And who knows maybe they did play it both ways and Justin caved and gave them what they wanted...

This is where that American funding protesters comes in, and while it was brought up nobody really did anything.

BC does not have the ability to refine Bitumen oils, instead it all goes to the US to be refined then sold back to BC at a much higher cost, much like the Atlantic provinces do when they buy Saudi oil. most if not all of our bitumen oil goes to the states and then resold back to us...There is very little capacity to refine bitumen in Canada, becasue we are Canadians and it seems to make sense to export it and then pay much higher prices for it...and BC'ers wonder why their gas is so high...