Mandatory Covid vaccination in Canada now a possibility.

Natural immunity can protect against Covid. If you suspected that all along, now it is a peer reviewed result published in Nature.

Are we interfering with it, just to save bureaucrats headache for the "crumbling" and "fragile" system they created regardless of how much public money is thrown at it? What would be long term consequences? Would we compromise or even damage it, in the bureaucratic rush to report percentages?

Is anyone asking?

Stop the slide into insanity now. Vaccines and boosters are needed for the vulnerable. Provide them to anyone who wants it for additional protection. And that's it. Go back to direct responsibility, the job description, effective treatment and effective management of a top-notch public system. Stop managing people.

5 hours ago, myata said:

Natural immunity can protect against Covid. If you suspected that all along, now it is a peer reviewed result published in Nature.

Are we interfering with it, just to save bureaucrats headache for the "crumbling" and "fragile" system they created regardless of how much public money is thrown at it? What would be long term consequences? Would we compromise or even damage it, in the bureaucratic rush to report percentages?

Is anyone asking?

Stop the slide into insanity now. Vaccines and boosters are needed for the vulnerable. Provide them to anyone who wants it for additional protection. And that's it. Go back to direct responsibility, the job description, effective treatment and effective management of a top-notch public system. Stop managing people.

I got a question. Almost everyone has had multiple colds during their lives. Why has Covid made millions sick and die? 

The researchers also say their findings provide a blueprint for a second-generation, universal vaccine that could prevent infection from current and future SARS-CoV-2 variants, including Omicron.

Just now, Aristides said:

Why has Covid made millions sick and die? 

Questions are good. Answer: many diseases make millions sick and worse. For example, ordinary flu (a bad year) made tens of thousands die in a single year only the US alone (5% of the world's population).

20 minutes ago, myata said:

Questions are good. Answer: many diseases make millions sick and worse. For example, ordinary flu (a bad year) made tens of thousands die in a single year only the US alone (5% of the world's population).

Covid killed ten times as many Americans in 2020/21 than a bad flu year, in spite of all the precautions taken against it.

Edited by Aristides

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Covid killed ten times as many

Yes it did, unfortunately. Maybe not in the least because the attention and propaganda were diverting attention and efforts from developing and providing effective treatments where they are needed, to a universal panacea that still has not materialized.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Who says attention has been diverted from providing effective treatments other than internet warriors.

Do you think people are being put on ventilators for kicks and giggles?

ventilators are not a good treatment option

the overuse of them in fact contributed to a higher death toll early on

when treatment options are mentioned, these people are censored as misinformation on social media and maligned by the media

also contributing to higher death toll

the only narrative people are allowed to push is a vaccinate our way out of the pandemic panacea

if you try to push anything else, you get labeled an anti-vaxxer spreading misinformation

if you haven't noticed that, you aren't paying attention

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

ventilators are not a good treatment option

the overuse of them in fact contributed to the death toll early on

when treatment options are mentioned, these people are censored as misinformation and maligned by the media

also contributing to higher death toll

Right Doctor. Ventilators are used when people cannot breath on their own. The other option is suffocation.

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Right Doctor. Ventilators are used when people cannot breath on their own. The other option is suffocation.

that isn't the only time they are used

you clearly aren't paying attention during this pandemic

if you think ventilators are some great treatment option

people discussing treatment options are routinely censored on social media, and the media runs hit piece after hit piece

shilling to prevent any competition to the vaccine manufacturers

claiming that vaccination is the only solution and the only reason the pandemic isn't over is the unvaccinated

and anyone calling bullshit on that is just an anti-vaxxer that should be dismissed out of hand and stripped of their rights

again, if you haven't noticed this, you aren't paying attention, and are far too trusting of people who are obviously lying to you

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Do you think people are being put on ventilators for kicks and giggles?

Effective treatments have been approved and available for well over a year. I cannot comment why someone is not doing something that both a) makes sense and b) is necessary instead investing public resources into futile (as the results clearly show) propaganda, but it could be related to us having a "fragile" "collapsing" and "crumbling" (note, the epithets are not mine, the managers) system in the third decade of "fixing it for a generation".

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

that isn't the only time they are used

you clearly aren't paying attention during this pandemic

if you think ventilators are some great treatment option

people discussing treatment options are routinely censored on social media, and the media runs hit piece after hit piece

shilling to prevent any competition to the vaccine manufacturers

claiming that vaccination is the only solution and the only reason the pandemic isn't over is the unvaccinated

and anyone calling bullshit on that is just an anti-vaxxer that should be dismissed out of hand and stripped of their rights

again, if you haven't noticed this, you aren't paying attention, and are far too trusting of people who are obviously lying to you

I don't think ventilators are a great treatment option, they are a last resort. Many of the treatment options you are shilling cost hundreds of times as much as vaccines and take up clinic and hospital resources. Yes, vaccines really are the only solution that can be used on a mass basis.

7 minutes ago, myata said:

Effective treatments have been approved and available for well over a year. I cannot comment why someone is not doing something that both a) makes sense and b) is necessary instead investing public resources into futile (as the results clearly show) propaganda, but it could be related to us having a "fragile" "collapsing" and "crumbling" (note, the epithets are not mine, the managers) system in the third decade of "fixing it for a generation".

Whatever. You bitch about the system wasting money then advocate treatments that cost many times as much as vaccines

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

that cost many times as much as vaccines

I bet you cannot prove that, yet again. Especially given that treatments would be needed for, on average, about 1% of the cases (not even population!) while mRNA boosting could be given to the vulnerable and those who want it.

23 minutes ago, myata said:

I bet you cannot prove that, yet again. Especially given that treatments would be needed for, on average, about 1% of the cases (not even population!) while mRNA boosting could be given to the vulnerable and those who want it.

The cost of one monoclonal antibody dose is $2100 USD. One dose of Vaccine is $20.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-regeneron-regen-cov-covid-monoclonal-antibody-cost-1637526

In September, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc announced that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Defense (DOD) were purchasing 1.4 million additional doses of REGEN-COV.

"Under the new agreement, Regeneron will supply an additional 1.4 million 1,200 mg doses of REGEN-COV to the U.S. government by January 31, 2022, at a cost of $2,100 per dose," a press release from the time stated

Edited by Aristides

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The cost of one monoclonal antibody dose is $2100 USD. One dose of Vaccine is $20.

Yes someone has to figure it out, being paid $30,000 monthly. I'll do it for half the price. Not that I'm cheap just don't need that much from the collapsing, etc system.

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Yes someone has to figure it out, being paid $30,000 monthly. I'll do it for half the price. Not that I'm cheap just don't need that much from the collapsing, etc system.

Aren't you the guy who claimed he paid $40K in provincial tax. In BC you would need a taxable income of around $300K to pay that much tax.

Just now, Aristides said:

Aren't you the guy who claimed he paid $40K in provincial tax. In BC you would need a taxable income of around $300K to pay that much tax.

So what, good work cannot be underpaid and our esteemed entitled bureaucrats will surely sign up to that. And I'll do it in less time than it took our exspert managers to make yet another all time high.

2 minutes ago, myata said:

So what, good work cannot be underpaid and our esteemed entitled bureaucrats will surely sign up to that. And I'll do it in less time than it took our exspert managers to make yet another all time high.

I know, everyone who makes more than you is overpaid and incompetent.

National data shows that between Dec. 14, 2020, and Dec. 18, 2021, about 80 per cent of people hospitalized and 76 per cent of people who died with COVID-19 were unvaccinated. When looking at the number of hospitalizations by vaccination status, it's important to remember that the number of vaccinated people in Canada is many times higher than the number of unvaccinated people.

Only looking at the raw numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated hospitalized COVID-19 patients is misleading:

Edited by CITIZEN_2015