Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

12 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Why does Canada allow itself to be influenced and propagandized by Communist China?

This is a silly question based on a fallacy. If it was the United States rather than China, you might have an argument.

Why has China become such a boogy man? While it is a nasty totalitarian dictatorship, it isn't communist any more and it is not as bad as it was in the days of Mao Tse Tung, or the Imperial era. Why create enemies?

I will not speculate that the question is an effort at trolling, because I don't believe Z is a troll. But in an alternate universe, if it were, it is a damn fine success. Well done Z.  ?

My, my, you are really naive to say the least about Communist China and Canada.

Read a few books on the subject, like Claws of the Panda, Hidden Hand, Wake Up America: Unrestricted Warfare, and China Virus to name a few.   Canada has 1.8 million people of Chinese descent and China considers much of it's diaspora as required to be faithful to China (and the CCP).  The have been known to exercise influence through relatives in China as well.  But that is just the tip of the iceberg.  There reach in Canada (and other western countries) extends into politics, academia, business, culture and other things.  To say they are not a Communist country any more is ridiculous.  They certainly are.  They allow private capitalism but only within the tight control of the Communist party.  They are still a totalitarian state which does not recognize human rights.

Reportedly China has about one million Uighurs in concentration camps (for re-education).  Countless people have been sent to prison for their beliefs or religion.  People can be arbitrarily arrested and imprisoned.  There is no justice system as we know it in the west.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Faramir said:

Exactly is both the left and corporate shills for China.  Nixon sold us out.   That is why you never hear a negative word about China in the US Congress or among the Liberal Party.  They are shills for China.  Especially Xiden and his son Hunter.

Lots of Trump products are produced in China. Over two months in late 2018, the Chinese government granted 18 trademarks to companies linked to Trump and Ivanka. Trump talked tough with China but he never let it get in the way of his family business. Ivanka was an employee of the Trump administration at the time.

Edited by Aristides

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

1.   My whole point is that you place too much faith in and onus on government to take care of you.  It’s a relinquishing of personal responsibility.  
2. I think I touched a nerve because it’s clear that we’ve lapsed into a mindless reliance on authority to direct our behaviour.  
3. Why the hell should an adult accept being told they can’t dine out or see more than five friends or go to a theatre? 4. He or she has the passport you made them carry as proof of vaccination (enough of an affront that this is required) and even wears the mask as required indoors.  In Florida my freedom and judgment are respected.  I can get vaccinated as needed, wear a mask as needed to protect myself, and I can move freely in and out of my country.  Freedom is substandard in Canada. 

1. That could very well be.  I would frame it as I place faith on them to take care of others around me.  I'm personally fine.
2. That's not really new at all.  What's new, to me, is the depths to which people fall into lazy thinking to support their stubborn opinions.  The 'nerve' is making it seem like I love Justin Trudeau, which is pretty simplistic.
3. Because they aren't the most important person in the country and sometimes you can't get what you want ?
4. Blah blah blah... I have to follow laws I don't like too... what makes you the Town Crier of Freedom ?  I take off your pointy Crier hat and shit on it...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That could very well be.  I would frame it as I place faith on them to take care of others around me.  I'm personally fine.

they have done nothing to earn that trust and you believe blindly anyway

your trust in government is extremely naive

wishful thinking is a helluva drug

Edited by Yzermandius19

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

Canada has 1.8 million people of Chinese descent and China considers much of it's diaspora as required to be faithful to China (and the CCP).  The have been known to exercise influence through relatives in China as well.  But that is just the tip of the iceberg.  There reach in Canada (and other western countries) extends into politics, academia, business, culture and other things.  To say they are not a Communist country any more is ridiculous.  They certainly are.  They allow private capitalism but only within the tight control of the Communist party.  They are still a totalitarian state which does not recognize human rights.

So, all these people in Canada of Chinese descent are like the thousands of Japanese spies in BC in 1941? Canadians of Chinese descent have been in this country since before confederation. Are you suspicious of the people of Ukranian descent? Am I a spy for Mi6 because my ancestors came from England via the 13 colonies in the 1600's? Or does that make me a yankee spy?

I never understated the brutality of President Xi's administration. Chinese governments have been brutal for thousands of years. Mao Tse Tung was an anomaly, in that he took the application of tyranny to a level that only Stalin could rival.

American propoganda and influence is far stronger and insidious that Chinese. This morning, I happened to be looking at an online brochure on the Toyota Corolla and all the specs were in American. On the radio we always hear about "miles" and "pounds." Canada has been metric for 50 years. 

Much of the long term diaspora left China to get away from the bastards.

I am not niave about China. The University where I was employed logged thousands of computer probes a day from the Chinese army. International students from China were always supervized by a political officer. Yet, on the night martial law was declared before the Tienanmen massacre, I was in the Engineering Grad Student lounge with about twenty Chinese students. It was like being in Bejing. They knew some of the activists leading the demonstrations and there was absolutely no sense of fealty to the Government in China in that group on that night. 

China has not been an imperial power in centuries. Not only were they conquered by Japan in the 1930's but they also got beaten up by tiny Viet Nam. Their only success in recent memory was the conquest of Tibet. Whereas the US has invaded how many countries in the last 250 years? They have invaded Canada three times and we are their best ally.

China does not have the logistical capability to invade Canada. Even if they could ship a landing force across the Pacific without being detected, there are only two ports where they could land, Vancouver and PR. From there, it is steep mountain passes. It is a no go.

The modern alternative to invasion is to buy us. Since we are already owned by the US, I doubt the Americans would be willing to sell us to the so-called communists.

Every nation benifits from the influences of other cultures. Without the Moores in Spain, the rest of Europe would continue to dwell in the dark ages. Without the influence of the British, India wouldn't have become the worlds largest democracy as soon as it did. Without the influence of the United States, Japan and the European Union would not have the progressive governments they have today. (Thanks to Douglas MacArthur and George Marshall.)

The world can benefit from warm relations with China but China, the USA and Russia are in a temporary, but toxic period of nationalism. The elephant in the room is the fact that any war between these powers will be nuclear and if you are looking for a book to read, I recommend On the Beach, by Nevil Shute.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So, all these people in Canada of Chinese descent are like the thousands of Japanese spies in BC in 1941? Canadians of Chinese descent have been in this country since before confederation. Are you suspicious of the people of Ukranian descent? Am I a spy for Mi6 because my ancestors came from England via the 13 colonies in the 1600's? Or does that make me a yankee spy.

You are obviously a Chinese plant or dupe of some kind.  Maybe you believe in Communism, which is a diabolical ideology that enslaves those under it.   I never said every Chinese person in Canada is a Chinese Communist sympathizer, but there a lot.  A large Chinese organization held a dinner gala in Vancouver on the 70th anniversary of the Chinese Communist revolution in 2019.  What does that tell you?  It was even attended by a federal government Liberal Minister of Defence.  What does that tell you about the Liberal party and it's priorities and view of Communist China and those who support it?  There have even been groups in Vancouver who demonstrated in Vancouver against the Hong Kong democracy movement.  Yes there are different opinions about China and the CCP in Canada.  What the numbers are is impossible to know.  There are 300,000 Chinese in Hong Kong who hold Canadian citizenship.  Why are they living there and why do so many hold Canadian citizenship?

Edited by blackbird

34 minutes ago, blackbird said:

There are 300,000 Chinese in Hong Kong who hold Canadian citizenship.  Why are they living there and why do so many hold Canadian citizenship?

You are incorrect. There are 300,000 Canadians living in Hong Kong. They are living there for the same reasons there are over one million Canadians living in the United States, 90,000 Canadians living in France and 87,000 Canadians living in the United Kingdom.

I am mystified at how you conclude I am a Chinese dupe or a communist. Please elaborate. 

Why are you suddenly anti-China now, when they have been so-called "communist" since 1949? 

Canada and the USA have dealings with many despotic nations. We have had friendly relations with China in the past that began at the urging of President Nixon. It was only after the election of Prime Minister Trudeau that relations soured. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, Faramir said:

Follow up question.  Which is the greatest threat to the USA and Canada.  Russia or China?  I am guessing you will pick Russia because Hilary gave orders to her leftist squadron to hate Russia in 2016.

I pick Russia at present , due to the build up of Russian troops facing the Ukraine, which could potentially pull Canadian troops into conflict with Russia. At present, there is not the same level of threat from China. The Taiwan situation appears to have stablized for the moment but over the long term, Russia, China and the US pose the greatest risk to Canada although, in the case of the US, it is only theoretical until the results of the 2024 election are known.

Hillary? Secretary Clinton is a non-factor to anyone. She lost. President Trump will only be a factor if he is elected in 2024. That is when all bets are off.

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You are incorrect. There are 300,000 Canadians living in Hong Kong. They are living there for the same reasons there are over one million Canadians living in the United States, 90,000 Canadians living in France and 87,000 Canadians living in the United Kingdom.

I am mystified at how you conclude I am a Chinese dupe or a communist. Please elaborate. 

Why are you suddenly anti-China now, when they have been so-called "communist" since 1949? 

Canada and the USA have dealings with many despotic nations. We have had friendly relations with China in the past that began at the urging of President Nixon. It was only after the election of Prime Minister Trudeau that relations soured. 

You and I have an opposite view.  I did not suddenly change my opinion.  I have opposed Communism as long as I can remember.  I don't believe Canada should ever have established diplomatic relations with China in 1970 led by PM PIerre Trudeau.  This is where we totally disagree.  I see the Communist system is evil and you apparently don't.  God warns about having a relationship with evil and the CCP definitely fits into that category.  Canada is paying a heavy price for 50 years of this.  Much of our goods are manufactured there and China is our second largest trading partner.  We are in so deep now that I doubt Canada will ever come out of it.  That's the kind of leadership Canada has had.  Sad.

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I can give four personal reasons China is important to me. My iPod, my iPhone 12 proMax, my MacBook Pro, and my iMac. ?

I can understand that.  Be careful, they could be using some of those things to spy on you. 

The Liberals said months ago they would be making a decision on Huawei 5G in a few weeks.  More than a few weeks has passed and they still have not made a decision.  They cannot be trusted.

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't believe Canada should ever have established diplomatic relations with China in 1970 led by PM PIerre Trudeau.

At the request of President Nixon. President Nixon knew Prime Minister Trudeau would be the most approriate ally to open up relations with Mao's China.

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I see the Communist system is evil and you apparently don't.

Everybody with a brain views what passes for communism is evil. It is also a failure and that is why there are no communist governments any more. China is a despotic dictatorship. If it needs to be labled, it is a cleptocracy.

Where would we be if we did not have the USSR as an ally in the Second World War? We probably would have lost. There is no room for sentiment in foreign relations. President Carter proved that. He made human rights a cornerstone of his foreign policy and really screwed things up. Don't get me wrong. I believe President Carter is a great man and his roll in the chalk River nuclear event showed extraordinary courage. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
Because I can
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I can understand that.  Be careful, they could be using some of those things to spy on you. 

The Liberals said months ago they would be making a decision on Huawei 5G in a few weeks.  More than a few weeks has passed and they still have not made a decision.  They cannot be trusted.

I pity the poor Chinese spy who would have to spy on me. But then, maybe I can convert her into being a Monarchist.

Why rush the Huawei decision. It is like Schrodinger's cat. As long as we don't make a decision, we can say they haven't  been turned down and tell the Americans Huawei hasn't been approved. Meanwhile, the 5G network is built by other companies and everybody is happy.

5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

At the request of President Nixon. President Nixon knew Prime Minister Trudeau would be the most approriate ally to open up relations with Mao's China.

Where would we be if we did not have the USSR as an ally in the Second World War? We probably would have lost. There is no room for sentiment in foreign relations. President Carter proved that. He made human rights a cornerstone of his foreign policy and really screwed things up. Don't get me wrong. I believe President Carter is a great man and his roll in the chalk River nuclear event showed extraordinary courage. 

Of course there is room for sentiment in foreign relations.  There is especially a need for common sense, which the government lacks in foreign affairs.  Liberal governments in Canada have traditionally been very poor partners of our traditional allies such as a the U.S.  They have at times cut military spending.  They don't seem to have much use for the Canadian Armed Forces.  PM Pierre Trudeau was strangely a good friend of Communist countries but shunned our allies.  He would travel to Communist countries, and was a good friend of Fidel Castro.  He seemed to love brutal dictators in Communist countries.  How the Canadian people could elect someone like that is a mystery.  It shows the ignorance of most of the voting population.  Even PM Justin Trudeau was the only one to grieve when Fidel Castro passed away.  Shocking.  Some say he is the son of Fidel.  I read an article on that and it does sound quite possible.  The mainstream media have not sincerely addressed that issue and have used diversion tactics on it and denial of facts.

6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I pity the poor Chinese spy who would have to spy on me. But then, maybe I can convert her into being a Monarchist.

Why rush the Huawei decision. It is like Schrodinger's cat. As long as we don't make a decision, we can say they haven't  been turned down and tell the Americans Huawei hasn't been approved. Meanwhile, the 5G network is built by other companies and everybody is happy.

The fact the Liberals never made a decision on Huawei 5G years ago led to Canadian telecom companies spending millions of dollars installing Huawei equipment in their network.  They now have apparently 700 million dollars worth of Huawei equipment installed.  They are in a conundrum now on what to do with the equipment.  Who is going to pay for removing and replacing it?  They want the government to chip in, but that is still undecided and the whole thing is a mess because the Liberals have not made a decision yet.  Because of the delay, if the Liberals ban Huawei now, they might legally be on the hook for a billion dollars worth of equipment meaning the taxpayers may have to pay.  Another boondoggle like many in the past.

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Silly urban folklore. At the relevant time, Mrs. Trudeau was thousands of Kilometres away from President Castro. 

Now Sir Mick J....

No she wasn't thousands of kilometers away.  That is a fake claim by some.  Here is the point.  PM Trudeau and the Mrs. went on a secret vacation down in the Caribbean at the time she was said to become pregnant.  So she wasn't thousands of km away.  Check that out and find the article.  It is speculated that Pierre loved the idea of having a son by a strong virulent macho man who he greatly admired.  I will try to find the article.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

They want the government to chip in, but that is still undecided and the whole thing is a mess because the Liberals have not made a decision yet.  Because of the delay, if the Liberals ban Huawei now, they might legally be on the hook for a billion dollars worth of equipment meaning the taxpayers may have to pay. 

They would only have to pay if they make a decision. Since it has been clear for years that Huawei would not be permitted because of the strategic ramifications as well as it has an inferior product, anyone who invested in Huawei equipment made a poor choice and should be responsible for their actions. The government od Canada made this decision years ago. They just will never announce it. Any slim glimmer of chance the Chinese may have had were crushed by the slamming of the 2 Michaels prison doors. Jailing the personal friend of the Prime Minister is not a good sales pitch.

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I can't believe you really believe that stuff. ?

In April 1971, the Trudeaus took a long “second honeymoon” all around the Caribbean. According to Wikipedia, they visited one island they declined to disclose. It is the only island they did not disclose. From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Trudeau

Footnote 19 of the same Wikipedia article cites to a April 13, 1971 article from The Ottawa Journal. The article states that the Trudeaus were visiting an unidentified island in the Caribbean and wanted the press to give them privacy:

To be clear: they disclosed all the other locations they visited but asked the press for privacy when they went to the “unidentified” island. Come on.

Justin Trudeau was born 8 1/2 months later. In 1976, Pierre eagerly became the first NATO leader to travel to Cuba. He brought his wife. Before even leaving the tarmac, both Trudeaus were showing an unusual amount of familiarity with Fidel considering he was a national leader they just allegedly met. Within hours of their first official meeting, Margaret was photographed intimately touching and holding Fidel Castro with both arms. The Trudeaus announced they had become besties with the dictator and sang his praises during the height of his human rights violations.  unquote

Of Course Fidel Castro is Justin Trudeau’s Dad. Nobody Has ‘Debunked’ Anything | by Karen Leibowitcz | Medium

article re Trudeau trip.png

23 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I can't believe you really believe that stuff. ?

Snopes made a mistake regarding Trudeau's April 1971 movements

Close

Posted by

u/LoicyT

4 years ago

Snopes made a mistake regarding Trudeau's April 1971 movements

https://www.snopes.com/justin-trudeau-is-fidel-castros-love-child/

Snopes made a mistake regarding Trudeau's April 1971 movements : Snopes (reddit.com)

The first couple made a big impression at a local sugaring event, for example, on March 27, and the press (in a testament to the level of scrutiny the prime minister’s new wife received) noted that Margaret did not travel with Pierre on an April trip to the Niagara region:

Included is an image of a 2 April 1971 article from The Brandon Sun.

For the remainder of April, Pierre was busy with governing, as attested to by logs of the Canadian House of Commons, making unlikely that his work would take the couple anywhere near Havana.

This "remainder of April" (which would be April 3-30) statement is incorrect. I think Snopes should publish a retraction here. Two articles in The Ottawa Journal from that month document that Pierre and Margaret vacationed in the Carribean from April 8th to April 18th.

13 April 1971 https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/41523862/

Trudeau and his wife left here Monday by chartered plane on a quick sidetrip to an unidentified nearby island. They arrived here Thursday on a brief "second honeymoon,"

16 April 1971 https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/41524010/

Trudeau lunched privately Thursday with Trinidad and Tobago's prime minister, Dr. Eric Williams. Trudeau flew in from Tobago, the sister island of Trinidad, where he has been holidaying with his wife since Tuesday. Shortly after his luncheon engagement, Trudeau took a return plane to Tobago to rejoin his wife, Margaret. The Canadian high commission said it was in not in a position to say when the prime minister and his wife would leave Tobago. "We know he has to be back in Ottawa on April 18," a commission spokesman said. The Trudeaus already have visited Barbados and spent a day swimming off Bequia, a tiny island in the Grenadines, and nearby islets when they visited St. Vincent Monday.

April 13 was a Tuesday. This means the chartered plane trip was on April 12, and they arrived in Bridgetown on April 8.

April 16 was a Friday, so it was April 15 when Justin Pierre left Margaret alone in Tobago when he visited Trinidad, and they had arrived in Tobago on April 13.

The snopes article also lists:

Fidel Castro, for his part, was in Cuba during this conception window.

In terms of public appearances, Castro gave a address to attendees of the “first education and culture congress” on 1 April 1971.

On 19 April, he gave a defiantly anti-American speech that commemorated the 10th anniversary of the defeat of the United States‐sponsored Bay of Pigs invasion.

Snopes has not account for Castro's location from April 2-18. Will it? This is the very period during which Margaret was in various Carribean islands east of Cuba.

So tell me again how they were thousands of kilometers away?

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So why would they not disclose the island they visited in the Caribbean during their trip there around the time she became pregnant?  Why would they keep it secret?

By your numbers was she was already 3 weeks pregnant when they went to an "undisclosed "island. Where was she in the week of March 20th? anyway, we are getting away from the topic about Chinese influence in Canada.