Jump to content

Trudeau is going to lose.


PIK

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Of course, you do realize, it is because that is what many voters want. Canadians are generally centre-right or centre-left. The role of government is to reflect the population, not Absolute Militant Monarchists like me or American style republicans, dark blue tories or the left wing of the NDP. Taxme, Yzer and me are outliers who should not expect the government to cater to our fringe beliefs. 

I don't expect the government to cater to my beliefs

simply pointing out that most Canadians do not want change

hence why Trudeau and O'Toole are practically political twins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Mr. O'Toole is also pretty good but he lost my support when he promised to re-start the Northern Gateway pipeline.

The more oil and gas we can export the richer we will be. Also, the more sources of oil and gas the cheaper they will be in the world, which might lure more countries away from coal. 

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Before you criticize a politician, are you willing to put your life on hold for two years, spend 80 - 100K on a nomination and campaign to come in second? 

hell no

but I will still criticize politicians

and not only the people who do the above are allowed to do that

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The more oil and gas we can export the richer we will be. Also, the more sources of oil and gas the cheaper they will be in the world, which might lure more countries away from coal. 

The more oil and coal we export, the less we will be able to leave for future generations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The more oil and coal we export, the less we will be able to leave for future generations. 

How many future generations are going to be able to profit from it? If real energy alternatives under intensive development now (Like Fusion power) work and spread it might become worth a lot less. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The more oil and gas we can export the richer we will be. Also, the more sources of oil and gas the cheaper they will be in the world, which might lure more countries away from coal. 

They don't understand. Just like the 1000's of jobs solar farms were to create in Ont. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Argus said:

How many future generations are going to be able to profit from it? If real energy alternatives under intensive development now (Like Fusion power) work and spread it might become worth a lot less. 

Fusion and fission generated power only works if you had coal to make steel and oil to lubricate the turbines. Nothing moves without lubrication (oil). Our entire technological civilization only exists with the three pillars of coal, iron ore and oil. Remove any one of those pillars and we are back in the dark ages without the means to feed the people. We need to conserve these resources for future generations. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Fusion and fission generated power only works if you had coal to make steel and oil to lubricate the turbines. Nothing moves without lubrication (oil). Our entire technological civilization only exists with the three pillars of coal, iron ore and oil. Remove any one of those pillars and we are back in the dark ages without the means to feed the people. We need to conserve these resources for future generations. 

those resources aren't infinite

but they aren't in danger of running out any time soon

more of each is being discovered all the time

so no need for heavy handed government intervention that hurts the economy

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

those resources aren't infinite

but they aren't in danger of running out any time soon

more of each is being discovered all the time

so no need for heavy handed government intervention that hurts the economy

No they are not infinite but how long do you think they are going to last? If you want to boost the economy, start pushing nuclear power. Whether Mr. Trudeau or Mr. O'Toole wins, they have already gone on the record that they intend to push the nuclear option.

Whether Mr. Trudeau wins or loses this election will be forgotten to history very quickly. Regardless of the result of this election, the Government will continue as before because a Government's range of options are very narrow. 

Sorry for the thread drift.

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No they are not infinite but how long do you think they are going to last?

for many generations

as technology develops

less fuel will be used to create the same amount of energy

and more of the resources will be discovered

claims of it running out any time in the foreseeable future

have been greatly exaggerated

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...