Is Canada becoming a Communist state?

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think you do.  It would be like saying you owe nothing to the Brits as a British soldier.  What do you think this Queen business is all about?

you can think whatever you want

he owes Canada nothing

he owes Commie Canadians nothing either

everything that is good about Canada, or was good about Canada, is in spite of Canada, not because of it

there is no good reason to be a Canadian nationalist

fuck Canada

Edited by Yzermandius19

doesn't matter what naive Canadians from Toronto think

Canadian soldiers are not citizen soldiers because Canada is not a republic

you don't have to hold Canadian citizenship to serve in the Canadian military

you don't have to swear fealty to the Canadian people, and you are free to hate Canada, so long as you obey the QR&O's

10 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you can think whatever you want

he owes Canada nothing

he owes Commie Canadians nothing either

everything that is good about Canada, is in spite of Canada, not because of it

there is no good reason to be a Canadian nationalist

fuck Canada

when I went to Battleschool we were indoctrinated to hate Canadian civilians by the army itsef

our instructors drilled it into us, Canadian civvies were a bunch of commie traitors beneath contempt

we served the regiment, the men to the left & right of us, as mercenary professional soldiers of the Crown

we didn't even play O' Canada on parade back then, just God Save The Queen & the Regimental March

we didn't have the Maple Leaf on the colours, it was the Union Jack

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

doesn't matter what naive Canadians from Toronto think

Canadian soldiers are not citizen soldiers because Canada is not a republic

you don't have to hold Canadian citizenship to serve in the Canadian military

you don't have to swear fealty to the Canadian people, and you are free to hate Canada, so long as you obey the QR&O's

You can’t be a mercenary for someone who didn’t pay you, including the Queen.  She herself is on the payroll of Canadian taxpayers, like it or not.

Too bad you have such contempt for your own country and people.  I’d trust Canadians over any people.  The Brits are a close second.  After that...maybe the Americans, but they’re too self-absorbed to notice.

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’d trust Canadians over any people.

well that is very naive

they are an extremely untrustworthy lot 

there are some exceptions

but they are few and far between

one of biggest reasons Canada sucks so much is it's filled with Canadians

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

And once again, the Queen didn’t pay your cheques or fight the battles the constitute the storied history of your regiment.  Neither did the Brits or the Yanks.  The Queen has been a good monarch, but don’t overestimate her impact.  The Canadian people and the country of Canada bred and paid you.  They should be your first loyalty.  The Queen of Canada symbolizes that.  She’s the figurehead.  I say that as a dual citizen of Canada and Britain.  

No where in the oath of allegiance is Canada even mentioned, This is in place to prevent our government from using our military forces for it's own purposes , such as against it's own people for illegal's purposes such as maintaining power or coup etc.... Hence why the PM must ask the governor general to deploy or use the military. 

I, ...................., do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors. So help me God.

The people don't pay anyone, except the government, they pay taxes and the government then pays out whom every it sees fit...so lets be frank, our military could be used against it's citizens if the government asks and the governor agrees... thats where the loyalty ends ask First nations at OKA, FLQ crises, conscription crises during first world war, ... currently it is hard to be loyal to the majority of people that don't really give a shit, about the military or it's members for the most part....loyalty is a 2 way street...

Your right the Queen is a figure head, but she is the person we swear allegiance to, not the government or it's people, not sure what the oath is today, or even if your required to swear allegiance to the Queen.. or are you saying our oath is meaningless. 

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

No where in the oath of allegiance is Canada even mentioned, This is in place to prevent our government from using our military forces for it's own purposes , such as against it's own people for illegal's purposes such as maintaining power or coup etc.... Hence why the PM must ask the governor general to deploy or use the military. 

I, ...................., do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors. So help me God.

The people don't pay anyone, except the government, they pay taxes and the government then pays out whom every it sees fit...so lets be frank, our military could be used against it's citizens if the government asks and the governor agrees... thats where the loyalty ends ask First nations at OKA, FLQ crises, conscription crises during first world war, ... currently it is hard to be loyal to the majority of people that don't really give a shit, about the military or it's members for the most part....loyalty is a 2 way street...

Your right the Queen is a figure head, but she is the person we swear allegiance to, not the government or it's people, not sure what the oath is today, or even if your required to swear allegiance to the Queen.. or are you saying our oath is meaningless. 

I’m saying that the Queen’s chief role is to safeguard the sovereignty of the country because she can only exist as a Queen in relation to her subjects.  If the parliament ever becomes a threat to the people, it’s her duty to annul it.  Of course that role is the Gov General in Canada, whose appointment is made by the elected PM.  You can’t have a sovereign without subjects.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m saying that the Queen’s chief role is to safeguard the sovereignty of the country because she can only exist as a Queen in relation to her subjects.  If the parliament ever becomes a threat to the people, it’s her duty to annul it.  Of course that role is the Gov General in Canada, whose appointment is made by the elected PM.  The Queen signs off.  She always has.  I suppose she can say no if the appointee is a fool, as long as the monarch isn’t a fool too.  You can’t have a sovereign without subjects.  

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

subjects are not citizens, by definition, monarchy only requires fealty to the monarch, the "people" are no matter

The monarch’s authority is so limited that at various points in history monarchs were beheaded.  King John was forced to sign the Magna Carta.  A republic has no greater empowerment of the people.  The House of Lords hereditary lords are undemocratic, but Canada doesn’t have them.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m saying that the Queen’s chief role is to safeguard the sovereignty of the country because she can only exist as a Queen in relation to her subjects.  If the parliament ever becomes a threat to the people, it’s her duty to annul it.  Of course that role is the Gov General in Canada, whose appointment is made by the elected PM.  You can’t have a sovereign without subjects.  

The PM makes a recommendation, it is the Queen that approves the choice, not that there is an example of the Queen refusing any recommendation, as she for the most part is ceremonial, but the policy or law if you will is put in place incase it's needed. All that said, the fact remains Canada or it's people are not mentioned in the oath. 

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

The monarch’s authority is so limited that at various points in history monarchs were beheaded.  King John was forced to sign the Magna Carta.  A republic has no greater empowerment of the people.  The House of Lords hereditary lords are undemocratic, but Canada doesn’t have them.  

all the Indians in the Raj were subjects of the Crown who hated their Victorian overlords

that's how I am now, priggish nanny police state wannbe commie Canada can die in a fire for all I care

I sincerely hope that it does, vive le Quebec libre

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Your loathing of such a great homeland makes no sense, but I guess if nothing else it shows how spoiled people can be.

this "homeland" would be so much better without confederation

that's how

it makes perfect sense

Quebec doesn't need Canada

Ontario doesn't need Canada

neither do any of the other provinces

Canada sucks

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Your loathing of such a great homeland makes no sense, but I guess if nothing else it shows how spoiled people can be.

spoiled by digging trenches in the rain and risking life & limb, while gutless Canadians went to college to be Woke

mea culpa

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

this "homeland" would be so much better without confederation

that's how

it makes perfect sense

somebody give Zeitgeist a medal for all his service to Canada, making posts about it on the internet

heck, he can have one of mine, I never wear them

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

somebody give Zeitgeist a medal for all his service to Canada, making posts about it on the internet

heck, he can have one of mine, I never wear them

he doesn't even post about Canada

he posts about his nostalgia for a Canada that never was

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

keep on pining for a Canada that never will be

and mythologizing a Canada that never was, Zeitgeist

Hero Shit 9000

I'm too spoiled to even fathom the sacrifices he has made to prop this international laughing stock of a fake country up

thank goodness for super patriots like him

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm too spoiled to even fathom the sacrifices he has made to prop this international laughing stock of a fake country up

thank goodness for super patriots like him

keeping Quebec in, keeping America out and keeping the Indians down

is truly worth all the sacrifices he has made on behalf of a Canada that he imagines in his head

a worthy cause if ever there was one

he he

Edited by Yzermandius19