Trumps "china virus" rhetoric fuels Asian hate crimes

From 2019 to 2020, the overall hate crime rate declined, while hate crimes targeting Asians increased, from three to 28 in New York and seven to 15 in Los Angeles.

It's not that much an increase, really. And overall the hate crimes went down in America, which is good news for them. Because Trump!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, OftenWrong said:

It's not that much an increase, really. And overall the hate crimes went down in America, which is good news for them. Because Trump!

A 3000% increase in Asian hate crimes in New York and an over 100% increase in Los Angeles. What would you consider much?

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

A 3000% increase in Asian hate crimes in New York and an over 100% increase in Los Angeles. What would you consider much?

A net decrease in the whole, but an increase in those predominantly liberal, democratic strongholds. Now the racism in the system is revealed.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

You see a consistent pattern developing here. Liberal cities appear to have the most hate crimes, and more hate crimes occur under a liberal president, too.

There were 65 mass shootings where 4 or more people were shot during Trump's 4 year presidency. There were 64 during Obama's 8 year presidency.

Edited by Aristides

On 4/2/2021 at 4:37 PM, Aristides said:

Liberal shithole cities are the worst in every area of crime stats though. It's to be expected there. 

Contrary to the perception that the majority of these crimes are committed by whites: https://norfolkdailynews.com/commentary/asians-stop-blaming-whitey/article_7f637514-81ac-11eb-8238-b366c1f12012.html

Let’s pop the delusional bubble of left-wing Asians who marched recently in New York City, Oakland and San Francisco in “unity” protests against “White supremacy.” These “wokesters” blame “anti-Asian bias” created by an imagined backlash by imagined “White supremacists” against China because of COVID-19. Donning “Black and Asian unity” T-shirts, they embraced the self-defeating attitude of Oakland organizer Eddy Zheng, who wheedled: “Supporting our Asian community is not about dividing us. This support is for all of us suffering under White supremacy. We need to understand that so we can triumph and have public and personal safety.”

I can tell that this is where the OP was attempting to go with this, consider that idiotic bubble burst.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Aristides said:

That's where most Asians live.

What's your point?

per·cent·age
/pərˈsen(t)ij/
  1. a rate, number, or amount in each hundred.
    "the percentage of cesareans at the hospital was three percent higher than the national average"

I hope you know what to make of that. 

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Liberal shithole cities are the worst in every area of crime stats though. It's to be expected there. 

Contrary to the perception that the majority of these crimes are committed by whites: https://norfolkdailynews.com/commentary/asians-stop-blaming-whitey/article_7f637514-81ac-11eb-8238-b366c1f12012.html

I can tell that this is where the OP was attempting to go with this, consider that idiotic bubble burst.

They are up all over and they aren't all being committed by whitey.

What's your point?

Should be self explanatory.

I hope you know what to make of that. 

I know, do you or weren't you taught how to calculate percentages?

Edited by Aristides

44 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I know, do you or weren't you taught how to calculate percentages?

Your reply seemed to imply that crime was up in those areas because that's where most of the Asians live. 

This whole thread implies that crime against Asians is up because Trump said "China virus". 

52 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Your reply seemed to imply that crime was up in those areas because that's where most of the Asians live. 

This whole thread implies that crime against Asians is up because Trump said "China virus". 

More Asians didn't just start living there. They were there before Trump. Hate crimes against them are up since Trump's China virus. 

19 minutes ago, Aristides said:

More Asians didn't just start living there. They were there before Trump. Hate crimes against them are up since Trump's China virus. 

Correlation is not causation. Those places all voted for Biden, didn't they. Not Trump. They disapproved, of the Donald.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Correlation is not causation. Those places all voted for Biden, didn't they. Not Trump. They disapproved, of the Donald.

Correlation is a tool. Trump got a lot of votes in those states even if he didn't win them.

Trump got over 5 million votes in New York and over 6 million in California.

Edited by Aristides

56 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Trump got over 5 million votes in New York and over 6 million in California.

All China haters, because Trump. Or is it just the way things turned out for China? The country, not immigrants. After all, I don't see where Joe Biden extended an olive branch to China now that he is president.

Biden has left Trump's China tariffs in place
CNN, March 24 2021

"China tariffs"
"China virus"

If I were incensed about China because Trump, I would surely feel justified in hating China now, under Biden.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All China haters, because Trump. Or is it just the way things turned out for China? The country, not immigrants. After all, I don't see where Joe Biden extended an olive branch to China now that he is president.

Biden has left Trump's China tariffs in place
CNN, March 24 2021

"China tariffs"
"China virus"

If I were incensed about China because Trump, I would surely feel justified in hating China now, under Biden.

I'm pretty disgusted with the Chinese regime myself but that isn't the same as hating Chinese people.

Half the victims aren't even Chinese, they are just Asians in general. 

17 hours ago, Aristides said:

Violent crimes are up against everyone last year because of the Dem/BLM riots. They are up about 90,000% against police.

58 minutes ago, taxesanddeath said:

First of all, asian does not mean China.We have hate crimes in chinese areas (china towns ... )because chinese are low-hanging fruits

The average person has no way of knowing if someone is Chinese, Japanese or Korean. I spent years there and find it difficult to tell unless I hear them speak their native language.

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The number of hate crimes against Chinese in Canada is still low. Most people are not retards, thankfully.

It is the accusers who are becoming more of the problem.

The left in their march towards harmony want to drive a wedge between the Asian and Caucasian communities and create strife where there was none.

That's what they do...racism.

• Like 2