Increased Immigration not needed, will hurt workers

Argus

4 minutes ago, AntiConservative said:

As an immigrant myself, I find this deeply offensive. Why are white people so condescending towards Muslims coming to Canada? Didn't your teacher tell you that rasism is immoral? So I have brown skin. Why does this seam like a threat to some of you?

I'm an immigrant too, and I don't find it offensive.  Does my lack of offense cancel out your offense?

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That is not true. I don't care who say these lies y cause.

The senate report on immigration. And the guy who wrote that book is actually pro-immigration.

When did you come over. How many years ago?

Edited by Argus

39 minutes ago, AntiConservative said:

As an immigrant myself, I find this deeply offensive. Why are white people so condescending towards Muslims coming to Canada?

You think it's only white people? Why would you think it's only white people. Every East Asian I know thinks Muslims are crazy. Indo-Canadians don't think much of Muslims either, as a rule.

Condescending towards what? Towards the great accomplishments of the Muslim world? Towards their barbarous 16th century religious/cultural views?

You know what, I welcome anyone who sees this is a great country, comes here, and says to himself "Boy, they've done something great here! We need to act like these people and be Canadians."

Unfortunately, too many Muslims arrive and say "Boy, they've done something great here. Except that they're immoral and their women are all whores, and they dare to blaspheme. We need to change all that and make it the same as it was in the shithole we came from. Because Allah says so."

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Unfortunately, too many Muslims arrive and say "Boy, they've done something great here. Except that they're immoral and their women are all whores, and they dare to blaspheme. We need to change all that and make it the same as it was in the shithole we came from. Because Allah says so."

This is the essense of being condescending. I want to enjoy peaceful time in my new country, yet racism seems to be on the rise, because of people who spread misinformation and online hate.

1 minute ago, AntiConservative said:

This is the essense of being condescending. I want to enjoy peaceful time in my new country, yet racism seems to be on the rise, because of people who spread misinformation and online hate.

I don't think you have any right to accuse others of condescension, given your recent post on girlfriends.

13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't think you have any right to accuse others of condescension, given your recent post on girlfriends.

So my opinion is not to get trapped in a toxic relationship? My ex girlfriend was a drug addict, who cheated on me with guys twice her age. When I tried to stay friends to help her out... she ghosted me.

I personally don't want to commit to any relationship, but I'll stay friends with any girl, who treats me with respect. I tried being a faithful guy, pouring all my energy into loving someone, who couldn't care less about how I feel.

I would perfer enjoying the company of some uplifting female friends, than have a girlfriend who doesn't care how I feel. I rolled over backwards for her, and she took me for granted.

Why would I open my heart, and invest so much time into getting to know someone, only to have them disappear?

Edited by AntiConservative

Just now, AntiConservative said:

So my opinion is not to get trapped in a toxic relationship? My ex girlfriend was a drug addict, who cheated on me with guys twice her age. When I tried to stay friends to help her out... she ghosted me.

I personally don't want to commit to any relationship, but I'll stay friends with any girl, who treats me with respect. I tried being a faithful guy, pouring all my energy into loving someone, who couldn't care less about how I feel.

I would perfer enjoying the company of some uplifting female friends, than have a girlfriend who doesn't care how I feel.

Your opinion was not specific.  Your opinion was with regard to girlfriends in general.

Hey, just like some people are with immigrants!  How about that?

6 minutes ago, AntiConservative said:

I know, and I couldn't delete it.

No, you can't.  Most people just delete the original content and put DP (for Deleted Post, in its place)

Edit> Diversity is our strength works too.

Edited by bcsapper

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The senate report on immigration. And the guy who wrote that book is actually pro-immigration.

When did you come over. How many years ago?

My coming over is not recent but my family and friends coming over is recent. As recent as last year and as I said they all had to go through interviews. Even in one recent case she had to fly to another country for interview. 

I am not as much pro-immigration as you think. In fact you may be very surprised to learn that there may not be too much of differences of opinion between you and me especially when it comes to selectivity and certain groups. However, I am of moderate type. I think we need to cut down on immigration but not totally stop it. Also we should select people based on individual merits not regions. For example I don't ban everyone from middle east but only those who do not have respect for women and other religions and cultures and do not believe in tolerance and equality. I don't choose based on skill color either as it is immoral and prejudicial. The size of hearts and minds is what matters to me.

Hard to determine accurately but that is why we have interviews for immigrants. Banning all based on regions or race would be unfair and undemocratic to say the least. The era of South Africa and Rhodesia is over for a long time. The only way is forward not back.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Immigrating to a country is a privilege, not a right.  It's up to Canadians to determine who should be allowed to come here, not up to the U.N. or some globalist ideology.   All countries in the world set their own criteria as to who immigrates to their country.  It is their right to protect their country in the way they wish.  That's why countries have borders.  Liberals and left have forgotten this.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

Imv the problem is not the immigration per se but the economy's dependence on it that is approaching the level of addiction. Importing cheap professional labor to keep outdated and expensive bureaucracy running the status quo is an ineffective direction that cannot be competitive globally in this century and is bound to hit a wall one way or another. Canada has all the ingredients for an efficient, dynamic, state of the art and inclusive economy for its citizens. However, the complacent mentality entrenched in the past has prevented many nations from realizing their potential.

21 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

My coming over is not recent but my family and friends coming over is recent. As recent as last year and as I said they all had to go through interviews. Even in one recent case she had to fly to another country for interview. 

I am not as much pro-immigration as you think. In fact you may be very surprised to learn that there may not be too much of differences of opinion between you and me especially when it comes to selectivity and certain groups. However, I am of moderate type. I think we need to cut down on immigration but not totally stop it. Also we should select people based on individual merits not regions. For example I don't ban everyone from middle east but only those who do not have respect for women and other religions and cultures and do not believe in tolerance and equality. I don't choose based on skill color either as it is immoral and prejudicial. The size of hearts and minds is what matters to me.

Hard to determine accurately but that is why we have interviews for immigrants. Banning all based on regions or race would be unfair and undemocratic to say the least. The era of South Africa and Rhodesia is over for a long time. The only way is forward not back.

It wasn't said that nobody got interviews, just that the great majority didn't. Maybe they decided people from Russia needed to be interviewed. I dunno.

Your view of the middle east is naive, though. Almost all of them have disrespect for other religions and cultures and little tolerance for equality. Their religion tells them so, and all the polls from that region tell us the same. Furthermore, studies done by the government show immigrants from that region earn half or less what immigrants from other places like India, the Philippines, and Europe earn. So why not just ignore that region? We don't owe them anything. Yes, there are exceptions to the above, but we're not required to care about them. Immigration should be strictly about what is good for Canada.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AntiConservative said:

You need to learn that there is a distinction between a group being disapproved of due to their behaviour or because of their race. For example, I would rather bring over ten thousand Lebanese Christians than two thousand Lebanese Muslims. Same goes for Iraqis and Egyptians.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

You need to learn that there is a distinction between a group being disapproved of due to their behaviour or because of their race. For example, I would rather bring over ten thousand Lebanese Christians than two thousand Lebanese Muslims. Same goes for Iraqis and Egyptians.

How about judging people on their actions, instead of their religious background? Many Muslims in Canada live peaceful and productive lives. We own businesses and employ other Canadians.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I'm an immigrant too, 

Are you looked at with suspicion and distrust because of your skin color?  Are a certain percentage of people actively and overtly hostile to you because of your skin color?  

Being a European immigrant with white skin is a bit different than being a brown-skinned immigrant.  Or even being brown-skinned person born in Canada, whether you have a single generstion, or hundreds of years of ancestry in Canada.  

1 hour ago, Argus said:

I would rather bring over ten thousand Lebanese Christians than two thousand Lebanese Muslims. Same goes for Iraqis and Egyptians.

I'd exchange any number of conservative xenophobic Canadians for open-minded and tolerant people, whatever their religion or origin.

57 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Are you looked at with suspicion and distrust because of your skin color?  Are a certain percentage of people actively and overtly hostile to you because of your skin color?  

Being a European immigrant with white skin is a bit different than being a brown-skinned immigrant.  Or even being brown-skinned person born in Canada, whether you have a single generstion, or hundreds of years of ancestry in Canada.  

Sure I am.  You're doing it now.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I'd exchange any number of conservative xenophobic Canadians for open-minded and tolerant people, whatever their religion or origin.

And I'd dump the brainless leftoids who hate their country and see our immigration system as yet another opportunity to virtue signal about how noble they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntiConservative said:

How about judging people on their actions, instead of their religious background? Many Muslims in Canada live peaceful and productive lives. We own businesses and employ other Canadians.

I always judge individuals by their actions. But we're not deciding our preference for immigrants based on individuals we will never meet. We're deciding them based on cold, hard logic and statistics about what is known about those groups. And the groups from the middle east are, by and large, economic failures in Canada while bringing with them a fanatical religious view of the world which is antithetical to Canada's customs and values.

Now if I trusted my government to carefully examine the views of these prospective immigrants with regard to their tolerance, adaptability, and willingness to embrace Canada's culture and values things might be different. But our government does not do such things. Even though most Canadians would prefer they do so.

• Thanks 1

I guess it must be the case in Canada as well with people who vote for the Liberals but in America with the Democrat-voters most of them are not that keen on immigration but they just don't consider the issue of immigration as a big deal like many other issues.

It is a very small minority of the population who base their voting on wanting more immigration and would stop voting for a party if the party made its stand on immigration stricter.

Of course if a party rallies around traditional left-wing issues such as workers rights but at the same time was a very pro open borders those issues cancel each other out but unfortunately too few voters realise that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Your view of the middle east is naive, though. Almost all of them have disrespect for other religions and cultures and little tolerance for equality. Their religion tells them so, and all the polls from that region tell us the same. Furthermore, studies done by the government show immigrants from that region earn half or less what immigrants from other places like India, the Philippines, and Europe earn. So why not just ignore that region? We don't owe them anything. Yes, there are exceptions to the above, but we're not required to care about them. Immigration should be strictly about what is good for Canada.

It is true that a bad proportion of the population in that region may be as you described but you are totally incorrect to say almost every one. Those who plan to immigrate are the elite and mostly educated and not religious. In addition some countries more advanced than others. Middle east is not summarized in backward dictatorships like Saudi Arabia or Arab Emirates or Kuwait but there are some countries with more progressive people like Lebanon, Iran, Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia. You deprive them of a chance of better life and to escape from the culture they may not like or agree with.

Don't take away a chance of freedom and equality from a suppressed woman  who may be forced to wear hijab or happiness from a young man who may hate the culture with dreams of better life just because they happened to be born there. It is not like they had a choice. We owe it not to them but to humanity and basic moral principals and standards.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015