Increased Immigration not needed, will hurt workers

Argus

On 6/7/2022 at 8:44 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well said. You could have been more courageous and said limit immigrants from Middle East. While many from advanced middle eastern countries like Morocco, Turkey, Iran, Lebanon and Tunisia have shown talent and compatibilities however, the majority of others have not.  

In general, I see most immigrant groups (let’s face it - overwhelmingly non-Caucasian by POTawa plan) refusing to assimilate like our ancestors did. Many are simply dressed silly in OUR culture and refuse to speak English. Ride transit in a large city and hear little or no English.

They have NO intention of assimilation. They’ve simply transferred their ghetto to a nations government not only inviting them to, but PAYING them to.

16 minutes ago, RedDog said:

1. Many are simply dressed silly in OUR culture and refuse to speak English. Ride transit in a large city and hear little or no English.

2. They have NO intention of assimilation. 

1. You openly wear foreign cultural headgear ii n your photo and likely say 'y'all'

2. They can assimilate easily in Toronto, just as you can in Alberta... in your condo.

22 minutes ago, RedDog said:

In general, I see most immigrant groups (let’s face it - overwhelmingly non-Caucasian by POTawa plan) refusing to assimilate like our ancestors did. Many are simply dressed silly in OUR culture and refuse to speak English. Ride transit in a large city and hear little or no English.

They have NO intention of assimilation. They’ve simply transferred their ghetto to a nations government not only inviting them to, but PAYING them to.

I am not sure this extends to most non-white immigrants but some are. It would be silly to speak to their family in a foreign language even in public places.  I have seen and heard white immigrants speak in their native language as well. We can't expect them to forget about their own heritage overnight and adopt ours. The second generation will assimilate. That is why we have to slow down the rate of immigration from current stupid 400,000 annual to under 150,000 to give time for assimilation.

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Those numbers feel like they're picked out of the sky.. where did you get them?

I didn't know reporting the news or government statistics or what is reported on internet is picking out of sky!!!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/12/canada-welcomes-the-most-immigrants-in-a-single-year-in-its-history.html

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/12/canada-breaks-all-time-immigration-record-by-landing-401000-immigrants-in-2021-1220461.html#gs.2tkguh

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 6/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Those numbers feel like they're picked out of the sky.. where did you get them?

Canada's Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024 | Canadavisa.com

More homes will be needed, more energy will be consumed. More strain on our health care system. These constantly increasing levels of immigration won't come without major challenges. And I think it's a safe bet that many of them won't speak English or French.

32 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Canada's Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024 | Canadavisa.com

More homes will be needed, more energy will be consumed. More strain on our health care system. These constantly increasing levels of immigration won't come without major challenges. And I think it's a safe bet that many of them won't speak English or French.

You are making an argument against immigration in general here.  When the population increases:

-more homes are needed
-more energy is consumerd
-more strain on our healthcare system happens

These are major challenges right ?

So we should end immigration and let our population fall right ?

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You are making an argument against immigration in general here.  When the population increases:

-more homes are needed
-more energy is consumerd
-more strain on our healthcare system happens

These are major challenges right ?

So we should end immigration and let our population fall right ?

I'm not against immigration of course but I do have questions about the numbers they bring in. Is 400,000 too much or not enough? How about bringing in 3 or 4 million per year? We already know most of these people will end up in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. And it will place a heavy strain on our inflated housing market.

I know we have an aging workforce and most Canadian families that have been here for many generations tend to not have enough children, at least compared to newcomers. Why is that? Too expensive to have big families ?

I'm also not sold on the notion that multiculturalism is 100% wonderful and beneficial on the whole. I tend to think more emphasis should be placed on assimilation rather than promoting non-assimilation.

There might be something to be said about Canada getting the best and brightest from poorer countries and possibly helping to keep those countries depressed. Competition can be healthy but it seems those poor countries will always be poor.

58 minutes ago, ironstone said:

1. Is 400,000 too much or not enough? How about bringing in 3 or 4 million per year? We already know most of these people will end up in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. And it will place a heavy strain on our inflated housing market.

2. I know we have an aging workforce and most Canadian families that have been here for many generations tend to not have enough children, at least compared to newcomers. Why is that? Too expensive to have big families ?

3. I'm also not sold on the notion that multiculturalism is 100% wonderful and beneficial on the whole. I tend to think more emphasis should be placed on assimilation rather than promoting non-assimilation.

4. ... it seems those poor countries will always be poor.

1. You are asking good questions here.
2. It is the way of 'the west' and it is a facet of all countries who are increasing their wealth, eg. Bangladesh
3. Assimilation is the fact.  Multiculturalism is just a PSA telling us not to burn crosses on peoples' property.   
4. Maybe.  But China.

On 6/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. You openly wear foreign cultural headgear ii n your photo and likely say 'y'all'

2. They can assimilate easily in Toronto, just as you can in Alberta... in your condo.

How old are you?

Have you ever been to Alberta? Toronto is hardly CanaDUH. It’s a third world toilet within such and I’ve been there on business 40+ times.

70% of the cattle operations in CanaDUH are in Alberta. Have you ever actually seen a cow or a horse or a western hat (which prevents rain on your face or down the back inside of your jacket). Have you ever been to a rodeo?

Even better, have you ever seen herds of wild horses in a world without fences? Horses that don’t actually belong to anyone?

18 minutes ago, RedDog said:

How old are you?

I think it was last week, MH said he has utmost faith in all of our "institutions."

He believes they are always working for our good - all of them.

And there is no need to keep your eye on what they're doing because they are always doing whatever is in the best interests of the citizens.

No, really.

He believes that.

???

35 minutes ago, RedDog said:

1. How old are you?

2. Have you ever been to Alberta? 

3. Toronto is hardly CanaDUH. It’s a third world toilet within such and I’ve been there on business 40+ times.

4. 70% of the cattle operations in CanaDUH are in Alberta.

5. Have you ever actually seen a cow or a horse or a western hat (which prevents rain on your face or down the back inside of your jacket). Have you ever been to a rodeo?

6. Even better, have you ever seen herds of wild horses in a world without fences? Horses that don’t actually belong to anyone?

1. BoomeR.
2. I visited AlberDUH thrice: Once when a prominent oil company flew me out for an interview, once passing through on my Honeymoon and once to visit family who lived in Calgary. 
3. I wouldn't visit a place called a 'toilet' 40 times.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all ... you fat retarded piece of sh*t... (That was a JOKE.  You appear to be younger and handsomer than me.)
4.  Who cares ?   
5.  How many rodeos do you host in your condo ?
6.  Yeah.  We had to stop for some cows being herded through on our trip and it was quite charming.

Look, you're an ADVERTISING man.  One of us is being mean and insulting about where the other lives and the other is merely responding.  And one of us is pretending to be a cowboy and getting all huffy about it.

It's called Confederation.    Don't be jealous of us because your province is beautiful and wealthy.