Liberals and their infrastructure spending

Argus

So the Liberals have introduced a new jobs program. It's supposedly about infrastructure, but not really. Infrastructure is something that helps the economy, like roads, bridges, highways, railroads, ports and airports, sewers, water systems, sewage systems, power systems.

The Liberals will spend $10 billion in hopes of creating 60,000 jobs. I'll spare you the math. That works out to about $166,000 per job.

Not everything they're spending money on is wasteful. Even for them that would be difficult. Money for irrigation projects out west sounds like it's liable to be profitable, especially if we see more climate change warming. Energy retrofits could be, too. Billions to connect rural homes to broadband is not going to result in any new jobs or improve the economy, though. And billions for clean energy can, as we've seen in Ontario, be easily flushed down the toilet and produce almost nothing. Some of this is useful, but I don't see many permanent jobs coming from it. Nor do I see much that's going to improve the economy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Have they expanded any more on energy retrofits ? what does it entail, like rebates on solar for our homes ? And who did they consult for all these ideas....

I'm guessing Gerry Butts.

8 hours ago, Argus said:

Some of this is useful, but I don't see many permanent jobs coming from it. Nor do I see much that's going to improve the economy.

Argus, is this you in that avatar????  I still remember you from your puppy days (you were way more attractive then), you were in some knight armor after that and now your real face?

Buddy, I just had a bottle of ....let me see....Lindeman's sauvignon blanc..kind of bitter but did its job as usual....and I thought ..let's see what the F is happening on that Political forum......... I have Schit's Creek playing in the background too, so I am not totally bored.

What "improvement|" to economy do you need , buddy???  The pollution and noise are not enough for you already???     You are not happy with your anti COVID 19 mask, you want  a full blown respirator to protect you from forest fire smoke and industrial emissions? 

Why do you need this "improvement:, buddy?  You cannot buy yourself  a $10 bottle of Lindeman's sauvignon blanc and be happy with it?

What the F is wrong with you , buddy?   

Your hair is nearly gone from your head and you still have not found peace and happiness or gotten any closer to the meaning of life.

You will make me cry for you, buddy! What a hopeless case you are.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You don't really think I care about his hair, do you? 

I think you spend every waking moment fantasizing about running your fingers through it and staring dreamily into his eyes.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

How is it possible that 3 of my posts are still there?

I'm surprised that many of mine are left too.

But to ask my original question again:

quote: "Billions to connect rural homes to broadband is not going to result in any new jobs or improve the economy, though."

How does job creation and economy growth improve your life? - the question was put to you Argus!

On 10/3/2020 at 12:35 AM, OftenWrong said:

So now we know what it is. I think I'm seeing a better picture here.

Are we by chance a life-long member of Hair Club for Men?

Wish i joined years ago.lol

• Haha 1