Wet Got Bigger Problems Than George Floyd

Guest ProudConservative

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I swear you're a bot, your default response to a discussion about inner cities and poverty is to talk about Brett Kavanah and a kid in a MAGA hat who confronted a FN person. 

Did this conversation break your algorithm? 

Just because you don't understand my post doesn't make it illogical. Just put it in your burgeoning "whoosh" file, for things that went over your head. 

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah well get back to us when you've succeeded at infecting yourself with COVID-19.

I may have already had it, since a large percentage of cases are asymptomatic.    Now burn your car chickenhawk.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Sure, I'll have run out and have a discussion with a mob of irrational, violent morons which requires logic and fairness. 

OTOH, I don't need to. I can have that convo with you and MH, and spare the violence. 

It's just another example of feelings over reality and facts.  It's all the left cares about.  It's how they make policy.  Not on actual data, not on reality, but how they feel about things.  They're all 14 year old girls now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You can't tell police to shut up because their job is less dangerous to fishing and you can't tell people to shut up because more white people are killed by police.  It's stupid to think that.

So what do you do? Tell Blacks who say they are being attacked by racist police and murdered because of their skin that you agree and we'll do... what? Order the police to stop policing black communities? The narrative that inflames the black community is about police targeting blacks. Of course, given the greatly disproportionate nature of blacks involved in crime that's inevitable. How many innocent, crime-free Black people have been killed by police as compared to Whites? Not very bloody many. An EMT in the states was killed a couple of weeks ago by incompetent idiots who went to the wrong house - and they weren't even shooting at her, and a guy in his own apartment when a cop walked in and thought it was hers. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Just now, eyeball said:

Why, because I understand why people are pissed off?  You're retarded.

If you're not speaking out against violence, you're complicit in it.  Silence is complicity.  I've been told that for several days now.  Well, it works both ways.  Now burn your car chickenhawk.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Just because you don't understand my post doesn't make it illogical. Just put it in your burgeoning "whoosh" file, for things that went over your head. 

I understand you what you said. 

It just doesn't relate to a discussion about Trump calling cities shitholes. 

4 minutes ago, Shady said:

It's just another example of feelings over reality and facts.  It's all the left cares about.  It's how they make policy.  Not on actual data, not on reality, but how they feel about things.  They're all 14 year old girls now.

What data are you basing your "Police Brutality has nothing to do with Race" argument. 

It can't be the red herring about white people being shot more than black people. Because that's easily discredited. 

Just now, Boges said:

What data are you basing your "Police Brutality has nothing to do with Race" argument. 

It can't be the red herring about white people being shot more than black people. Because that's easily discredited. 

When statistics are corrected for the rate of crime among blacks the shootings are about identical. White men are shot far more than black women. And Black women are shot only a little bit more than white women. It's black men who are being shot - primarily because they're involved in violence, and resist arrest.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/police-officer-shootings-gun-violence-racial-bias-crime-data/595528/

Just now, Shady said:

If you're not speaking out against violence, you're complicit in it.  Silence is complicity.  I've been told that for several days now.  Well, it works both ways.  Now burn your car chickenhawk.

I spoke out against violence years and years ago when I said Muslims and Palestinians should take Gandhi's approach. Did you pay attention? No, that's the way it always works with you so fuck-off.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

When statistics are corrected for the rate of crime among blacks the shootings are about identical. White men are shot far more than black women. And Black women are shot only a little bit more than white women. It's black men who are being shot - primarily because they're involved in violence, and resist arrest.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/police-officer-shootings-gun-violence-racial-bias-crime-data/595528/

We have a chicken and an egg scenario where people can say that more black people are killed because they're committing more crime.

But then the counter argument is that more black people are in the position to commit more crime because of systemic racism and poverty. And you have to address issues that are decades in the making. 

You see the systemic racism when you see how many blacks are in prison for non-violent drug offences when studies show they don't use drugs at any higher percentage than whites. 

This debate is more nuanced that protests good vs protests bad. 

The problem with Black America, in a nutshell, is you have too many teenage girls having and raising babies alone These girls have little discipline or education, and raise kids with little discipline or education. The inner city black schools are a joke. They cost a lot, but there's no discipline and kids run wild. Then they get out, the two thirds that graduate, and, surprise, there's no jobs, and they blame that on racism not their poor education and shitty attitude.

African immigrants and refugees perform better than American born blacks in just about every category.

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

I understand you what you said. 

It just doesn't relate to a discussion about Trump calling cities shitholes. 

You're blaming the voters for the idiots they select, but the plight of voters is no different in Baltimore than it is here in Canada. 

The MSM there misinforms, omits, and pushes a fake narrative that results in poor electoral choices. We get stuck with Libs, they get stuck with Dems. 

Eg, even AFTER Dr Tam fell on her sword for Trudeau re: their atrocious strategy to "fight" covid (spread covid is a more apt description), Canadians still feel like it was a reasonable course of action because the media has never questioned it. Their plan was known to be stupid by anyone with a brain right from the get-go, and it caused absolutely massive human and economic carnage. The MSM never said squat and Canadains are still ?????? - dumb AF.

There were 7,500 canadians with covid kneeling on their Carotid arteries but Libs don't care. The Canadian economy was decimated but Libs don't care. That's all thanks to CBC, CTV and Global. They had Trudeau's 6 like Bonny had Clyde's. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

We have a chicken and an egg scenario where people can say that more black people are killed because they're committing more crime.

But then the counter argument is that more black people are in the position to commit more crime because of systemic racism and poverty. And you have to address issues that are decades in the making. 

I don't like the term 'systemic' unless someone can actually point to the system, point to the cause. Have a look at this writeup on a black inner city school, and tell me what the kids who grow up and become adults are going to be like. What do you think of their odds of economic success, and how they'll deal with police?

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You're blaming the voters for the idiots they select, but the plight of voters is no different in Baltimore than it is here in Canada. 

The MSM there misinforms, omits, and pushes a fake narrative that results in poor electoral choices. We get stuck with Libs, they get stuck with Dems. 

Eg, even AFTER Dr Tam fell on her sword for Trudeau re: their atrocious strategy to "fight" covid (spread covid is a more apt description), Canadians still feel like it was a reasonable course of action because the media has never questioned it. Their plan was known to be stupid by anyone with a brain right from the get-go, and it caused absolutely massive human and economic carnage. The MSM never said squat and Canadains are still ?????? - dumb AF.

There were 7,500 canadians with covid kneeling on their Carotid arteries but Libs don't care. The Canadian economy was decimated but Libs don't care. That's all thanks to CBC, CTV and Global. They had Trudeau's 6 like Bonny had Clyde's. 

Oh so Dr. Tam has entered your algorithm?

And basically ALL media is responsible. Good to know. Except for Fox and the Rebel. LOL 

7,500 Canadians vs Approaching 110,000 Americans. 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't like the term 'systemic' unless someone can actually point to the system, point to the cause. Have a look at this writeup on a black inner city school, and tell me what the kids who grow up and become adults are going to be like. What do you think of their odds of economic success, and how they'll deal with police?

Poverty breed more poverty. In white communities too. 

More policing certainly doesn't help the situation. 

17 minutes ago, Boges said:

Oh so Dr. Tam has entered your algorithm?

And basically ALL media is responsible. Good to know. Except for Fox and the Rebel. LOL 

7,500 Canadians vs Approaching 110,000 Americans. 

For a person like you, who still doesn't even understand the importance of travel bans and masks, to try and tell me about how covid spread is laughable. Just take the zero on this one Boges. It won't affect your average anyways. 

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't like the term 'systemic' unless someone can actually point to the system, point to the cause.

Endemic is a better term. White supremacy has been endemic in the US since it's very founding. It's certainly improved since those days but there's still room for one hell of a lot more reconciliation and improvement. The only reason that's still occurring so slowly is all the kicking and screaming from the usual suspects. I'll go out on a limb and say you probably don't like that one bit either.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Endemic is a better term. White supremacy has been endemic in the US since it's very founding. It's certainly improved since those days but there's still room for one hell of a lot more reconciliation and improvement. The only reason that's still occurring so slowly is all the kicking and screaming from the usual suspects. I'll go out on a limb and say you probably don't like that one bit either.

Complete nonsense.  White supremacy barely has a noticeable mark in society anymore.  Regardless, these same problems exist in every part of the world.  It’s just that nobody cares.  No one shines a light on say Asian privilege in Asian countries.  Or middle eastern privilege in Middle East countries.  Only western countries are focused on.  I guess more is expected from us.

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  White supremacy barely has a noticeable mark in society anymore.  

Barely is a qualifier that is clearly up for debate. 

Regardless, these same problems exist in every part of the world.  It’s just that nobody cares.  No one shines a light on say Asian privilege in Asian countries.  Or middle eastern privilege in Middle East countries.  Only western countries are focused on.  I guess more is expected from us.

Precisely and to an extent that we expect better of ourselves - being a shiny beacon takes effort.  BTW is your whataboutery a kick or a scream?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm more interested in getting you to say what's really on your mind and pushing the button you always stick out seems to do the trick.

You do nothing of the kind. You are deluded as to the cause or motivation of a person such as me, so you project your own reasons for it. You simply do not understand.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You do nothing of the kind. You are deluded as to the cause or motivation of a person such as me, so you project your own reasons for it. You simply do not understand.

I'm pretty sure you're motivated in the same manner as Ayn Rand or Barbara Amiel - a deep fawning adoration for all things right-wing and conservative.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

For a person like you, who still doesn't even understand the importance of travel bans and masks, to try and tell me about how covid spread is laughable. Just take the zero on this one Boges. It won't affect your average anyways. 

It's actually "Taking The L". Bot school didn't teach you that level of nuance. Or the concept of Thread drift. 

Edited by Boges