Centrist Party of Canada

Hello Everyone,

You may remember us from a year ago. We were initially Syncretic Party but due to the short time frame until election, we decided it was unrealistic for us to accomplish anything. Some of us actually ended up running as candidates and supporters for other parties in the Federal Election.

Now that we have 4 years until the next Federal election, we believe we're more likely to get this off the ground. We've taken some of the feedback from forums such as yours, in addition to friends, colleagues, etc and made positive changes.

Our website is https://www.centrist.ca.

Looking forward to the feedback and any support you're willing to offer. This may give you something else to talk and think about, other than the Coronavirus :).

Thanks

Edited by CentristPartyofCanada

I looked at it.  Congratulations on whoever put all the work in for this.

I don't see it as centrist as much as a throwback party.  The call to return to yesteryear is strong in this. 

Unfortunately, the causes you identify don't ring true enough to me.  Low fertility rates come from women choosing birth control, and that isn't mentioned.  Reducing refugees will not reduce CO2.  Pulling back from the US and increasing military funding is not a good strategy for defending the Arctic.

You would need to have a great visionary in front of these ideas to convince people they're worth the risk.

But thanks for caring enough about Canada to talk about the issues that affect us.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I looked at it.  Congratulations on whoever put all the work in for this.

I don't see it as centrist as much as a throwback party.  The call to return to yesteryear is strong in this. 

Unfortunately, the causes you identify don't ring true enough to me.  Low fertility rates come from women choosing birth control, and that isn't mentioned.  Reducing refugees will not reduce CO2.  Pulling back from the US and increasing military funding is not a good strategy for defending the Arctic.

You would need to have a great visionary in front of these ideas to convince people they're worth the risk.

But thanks for caring enough about Canada to talk about the issues that affect us.

Fertility rate means the number of children each woman has. It has nothing to do on whether they are on birth control or not. Once women choose to have childre, if they can (financial or other), then they would get off birth control. In 2019 less than 20% of the population growth was due to natural births - it was mostly due to immigration.

Reducing refugees has nothing to do with reducing CO2. Canada has a high per capita emissions. Reducing our total immigration would reduce our overall emissions.

There is no mention of pulling back from the US. The point being made is less reliant on - that is to say increase our military's size.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, CentristPartyofCanada said:

1. Fertility rate means the number of children each woman has. It has nothing to do on whether they are on birth control or not. Once women choose to have childre, if they can (financial or other), then they would get off birth control.  

2.  Reducing our total immigration would reduce our overall emissions.

3.   The point being made is less reliant on - that is to say increase our military's size.

1. The birth rate dove as soon as the pill was released.

2. The policy singles out refugees, I believe, which are a tiny part of immigration.

3. Less reliant on sounds like pulling back.  We could increase our expenditures to meet our obligations without being less reliant on the US.  

Sorry your platform is not necessarily centralist. It is a hodge podge of reactions lamenting  a return  to a childhood where things seemed more understandable and safer. 

So I agree with Monsieur Harder.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rue said:

It is a hodge podge of reactions lamenting  a return  to a childhood where things seemed more understandable and safer. 

Yes, but a lament is an emotional release, and therefore pre-supposes the existence of a human being with a heart.  This has some heart but not enough head.  I need head.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. The birth rate dove as soon as the pill was released.

2. The policy singles out refugees, I believe, which are a tiny part of immigration.

3. Less reliant on sounds like pulling back.  We could increase our expenditures to meet our obligations without being less reliant on the US.  

1. It coincides with when the birth rate began to decline yes, but that had to do with women becoming more career centric.

2. It does not.

5 hours ago, Rue said:

Sorry your platform is not necessarily centralist. It is a hodge podge of reactions lamenting  a return  to a childhood where things seemed more understandable and safer. 

So I agree with Monsieur Harder.

This tells us nothing.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, but a lament is an emotional release, and therefore pre-supposes the existence of a human being with a heart.  This has some heart but not enough head.  I need head.

We would love to know why you think it doesn't have enough head. Very colorful language but not very insightful.

It looks like you put some time in to creating it. but before we get into commenting , do you even qualify to enter the election, how many people are in the party currently, have they all been vetted , I mean vetted for wingnuts something the PPC did not do very well. Are you funded.

You have made a lot of promises to Canadians , but have not described how your going to keep them, every party does the same thing, hands out a long list of promises, but fails in coming up with realistic solutions, that bear any fruit when based in the reality of running the country.  

Military, I get it you've done some time in the reserves and have a sense of loyalty to the military, But lets face it it's not going to draw that many votes, if it did the military would not be in the state it is today, with Vets still in the courts, fighting over dozens of issues you failed to cover, It is that way because Canadians want it that way, and nothing is going to change that, unless you educate them on the befits … DND has more problems than just procurement, there is moral, OP Honor issues, members having no honor, integrity, or NOT looking after the institution before themselves, lack of training opportunities, and training equipment, and ammo the list goes right into the next forum it is that long, ...

The Military and everything that goes with it, does not even come up on the top 20 priority's of every Canadian. You should just drop it from your platform altogether, want to do DND a solid get elected and then start making changes. DND has been promised the moon every election, and delivered a bag of SH*t every time...

Education, your telling educators what they are doing and not doing wrong , Doug Ford try that, how did he make out, it's a provincial item for the most part, unless your going to make it federal funded and free, does it need to be in the platform at all ?

Canada's security apparatus, you briefly talk about the military, but left out some of the other important depts., immigration, coast guard, Customs, CSIS, RCMP all suffering from the same thing DND is plagued with...lack of funding , training, equipment, infra structure, man power....talking about these depts. are going to get you more votes than the military...

Coming out of this virus shit show we are going to need a massive plan to get our economy started once again, whats your plan to do that ? and what about the whole China with so much Chinese investment into our industries and resources...on top of our sole source manufacturing capability, how are you going to bring those companies back ?  what is the plan for that?

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Geezis Michael no wonder with 8your need for head the name is Michael Harder...oh my gawd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CentristPartyofCanada said:

1. It coincides with when the birth rate began to decline yes, but that had to do with women becoming more career centric.

2. It does not.

This tells us nothing.

We would love to know why you think it doesn't have enough head. Very colorful language but not very insightful.

Start with Army Guy. For me I need specific programs to deal with damage to the economy, preventing future pandemics, requiring specific products be made and stored in Canada for pandemic planning and review of free trade agreements that make us too dependent on foreign supplies. I need specific policies on pipelines, energy, health control at borders and banning of certain meat products and countries if they do not change wet market conditions. I also want relations with China reviewed and a demand the UN sanction China for illegally arresting Canadians and stop paying the UN dues until it does. I want immigrants coming to Canada to have better working and language skills and be required to intern as prospective immigrants in smaller cities that need them and I want  the refugee system scrapped and replaced by foreign aid to refugee camps. I want a review to end to  all redundant government services that could be done provincially. I want Griphen fighter jets, a new navy and coast guard, an end to the Senate and decriminalization of euthanasia. I also want Michael Harder arrested for being obscene. Also I want Lavalin held accountable . Thank you.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 10:09 PM, CentristPartyofCanada said:

Hello Everyone,

You may remember us from a year ago. We were initially Syncretic Party but due to the short time frame until election, we decided it was unrealistic for us to accomplish anything.

Syncretic party wasn't bad. Symbionese party would be pretty cool also. I wanted to start the Progressive Luddite Party of Canada (PLPC), but getting funding from industry and corporate sponsors was a real bitch. So I share your pain.

Really what is your plan? This is go federal, right? Federalis. I mean how do you just break through. You need people on board right? People to join the party in every province.

If we can talk about a possible name change I might consider throwing my hat in. Centrist is kinds wishy-washy.

Edited by OftenWrong

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

It looks like you put some time in to creating it. but before we get into commenting , do you even qualify to enter the election, how many people are in the party currently, have they all been vetted , I mean vetted for wingnuts something the PPC did not do very well. Are you funded.

You have made a lot of promises to Canadians , but have not described how your going to keep them, every party does the same thing, hands out a long list of promises, but fails in coming up with realistic solutions, that bear any fruit when based in the reality of running the country.  

Military, I get it you've done some time in the reserves and have a sense of loyalty to the military, But lets face it it's not going to draw that many votes, if it did the military would not be in the state it is today, with Vets still in the courts, fighting over dozens of issues you failed to cover, It is that way because Canadians want it that way, and nothing is going to change that, unless you educate them on the befits … DND has more problems than just procurement, there is moral, OP Honor issues, members having no honor, integrity, or NOT looking after the institution before themselves, lack of training opportunities, and training equipment, and ammo the list goes right into the next forum it is that long, ...

The Military and everything that goes with it, does not even come up on the top 20 priority's of every Canadian. You should just drop it from your platform altogether, want to do DND a solid get elected and then start making changes. DND has been promised the moon every election, and delivered a bag of SH*t every time...

Education, your telling educators what they are doing and not doing wrong , Doug Ford try that, how did he make out, it's a provincial item for the most part, unless your going to make it federal funded and free, does it need to be in the platform at all ?

Canada's security apparatus, you briefly talk about the military, but left out some of the other important depts., immigration, coast guard, Customs, CSIS, RCMP all suffering from the same thing DND is plagued with...lack of funding , training, equipment, infra structure, man power....talking about these depts. are going to get you more votes than the military...

Coming out of this virus shit show we are going to need a massive plan to get our economy started once again, whats your plan to do that ? and what about the whole China with so much Chinese investment into our industries and resources...on top of our sole source manufacturing capability, how are you going to bring those companies back ?  what is the plan for that?

The party is not officially registered. Part of the process is getting 250 Canadian citizens to sign on as members. This is currently what we are looking for hence the online outreach. We would be doing door to door but given the current situation that isn't a good idea. We're looking for members, no payment or commitment required. Once we have them we can officially register with elections Canada.

We would qualify, once we're registered. Half a dozen people are in the party. They have been vetted. We are not funded - no. This is coming out of our own pocket. No one will fund us until we become registered as a Federal party with Elections Canada. It's sort of a chicken and egg situation. People won't join unless you are registered, you can't register without members.

In our platform we recognize that it is provincial. One of our goals is to put ideas out there, such as the fact that most Canadians lack financial knowledge. It doesn't need to be included, but we thought it was worth consideration by the general public.

Military wise it has nothing to do with loyalty. We just recognize that a properly function military is a necessity for the prosperity of a country. There are other issues but given the small size of our group, it is difficult to elaborate on every single thing. We do our best to give details and provide our references. We are continuously working on updating and improving out website. This is a work in progress and we have 3-4 years to get ourselves in a place where we can be a serious consideration for voters.

What we would do is the following:

https://www.centrist.ca/important-issues-self-reliance

https://www.centrist.ca/important-issues-economy

https://www.centrist.ca/wage-stagnation

https://www.centrist.ca/important-issues-housing

I'll give you another reply with a more detailed write up of what we would do. I just wanted to provide a response in the meanwhile.

29 minutes ago, Rue said:

Start with Army Guy. For me I need specific programs to deal with damage to the economy, preventing future pandemics, requiring specific products be made and stored in Canada for pandemic planning and review of free trade agreements that make us too dependent on foreign supplies. I need specific policies on pipelines, energy, health control at borders and banning of certain meat products and countries if they do not change wet market conditions. I also want relations with China reviewed and a demand the UN sanction China for illegally arresting Canadians and stop paying the UN dues until it does. I want immigrants coming to Canada to have better working and language skills and be required to intern as prospective immigrants in smaller cities that need them and I want  the refugee system scrapped and replaced by foreign aid to refugee camps. I want a review to end to  all redundant government services that could be done provincially. I want Griphen fighter jets, a new navy and coast guard, an end to the Senate and decriminalization of euthanasia. I also want Michael Harder arrested for being obscene. Also I want Lavalin held accountable . Thank you.

Most of what you asked for is already on the platform:

https://www.centrist.ca/environment

https://www.centrist.ca/important-issues-self-reliance

https://www.centrist.ca/important-issues-housing

We agree with alot of what you're looking for (even if some of it may be in jest), but we need to be in a position where we can be taken seriously first - and that requires members.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Syncretic party wasn't bad. Symbionese party would be pretty cool also. I wanted to start the Progressive Luddite Party of Canada (PLPC), but getting funding from industry and corporate sponsors was a real bitch. So I share your pain.

Really what is your plan? This is go federal, right? Federalis. I mean how do you just break through. You need people on board right? People to join the party in every province.

If we can talk about a possible name change I might consider throwing my hat in. Centrist is kinds wishy-washy.

Unfortunately, there will be no name changes. Hopefully the name isn't what stops you from throwing your hat in. Picking a name is difficult but names that are too "high brow' or not immediately apparent to the general public are usually dismissed or ignored. We received a lot of negative feedback on the name "Syncretic". "Centrist" is easily recognizable, represents well what we are, and is political in name - we received the most positive feedback with "Centrist".

If you're serious about helping us, send us a message:

https://www.centrist.ca/contactus

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This country needs a centrist party.  Don't screw this up.\

Help would be appreciated.

https://www.centrist.ca/contactus

16 hours ago, CentristPartyofCanada said:

2. We would love to know why you think it doesn't have enough head. Very colorful language but not very insightful.

1. You seem to be removing women's choice from the analysis of what happened.

2. The ideas seem to be based on some things that the party braintrust are good, but are - as I said - a return to yesteryear.  You need more details about how you plan to turn around huge cultural forces like globalism and the culture of gender equality.  There are too many vague statements about what exactly will be done, and few numbers to prove that any of this would work and no known experts on board to explain their vision.

For example, Hugh Segal was a Conservative thinker from way back and he published a proposal for Universal Basic Income with numbers and a rationale behind why it would work in a Canadian context.  His experience and knowledge of government is unchallengeable and the proposal is still being looked at today.  Whoever came up with these ideas needs to put a face to them and explain why their experience and their thinking is sound.

I would lend you my own persona except that I am online only, and would have to rewrite your policy for my own perspective.

We are seeing an interest in the "return to yesteryear" on a lot of things lately, in particular de-globalization and the return of production of goods in our country. "Progress" is just an idea, not always good and not always bad. It needs to be tempered with wisdom to be good. Sometimes returning to yesteryear may not be the wrong thing to do. Things need to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Not your simply dismissive "oh look, a return to yesteryear".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Things need to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Not your simply dismissive "oh look, a return to yesteryear".

Fair enough but my summation of the overall feel of this party is also supported by some specific points, explaining why the policy part is lacking.

Conventional economics is also a kind of wisdom, and to step around that and say 'I want to have the economic system pre-1965' isn't wise in itself.

The political economy needs more wisdom, though, I agree.  For example, the Alberta government used to have an idea about transitioning from the resource-based economy as I understand.

Edited by Michael Hardner

2 hours ago, CentristPartyofCanada said:

we received the most positive feedback with "Centrist".

Centrist implies your party will be more neutral. But on certain things, you have to take a position. We like to divide things by left/right but maybe that paradigm is no longer helpful.

I think an important question people are going to ask is, why should we need another party, and what do you have to offer that makes you different.
Generally the first questions to be answered are "Who Are We?" and what can we do, what can we offer. That should be the flow of information to users who come to the website. Your site is pretty good, has a lot of info but does it work for someone who has never been there before, never heard of you. Keep in mind it's almost a miracle to get people to click a link to even bother to look at your site. You have about 10 seconds to say something, and then 'click'...they are  gone. So instead of the big logo I would make it smaller, and have some words there immediately to say such basic things as 'Who Are We.'

Cheers

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Fair enough but my summation of the overall feel of this party is also supported by some specific points, explaining why the policy part is lacking.

Conventional economics is also a kind of wisdom, and to step around that and say 'I want to have the economic system pre-1965' isn't wise in itself.

The political economy needs more wisdom, though, I agree.  For example, the Alberta government used to have an idea about transitioning from the resource-based economy as I understand.

It just sounds to me like you're trying to change the party's position on things, to promote your own uber-progressive views. It's evident too in your offer to join, if they change their views to yours. Even more ludicrous than suggesting they change their name, but at least I'm kidding.

• Like 2

The Centrist Party Platform is contradictory when it comes to the environment vs birthrate. At a time when we need to be reducing population, you want to increase it. Nuclear power is vital, but while climate change is the most serious problem we have faced, there are a lot of other forms of pollution. Look at the clear cutting of BC forests. The role of Government has gone from Peace Order and Good Government to job creation. The economy has been warped to try and create jobs for our excess population.

• Like 1

If the population declines, so will prices on many things such as housing. Over-supply = lower prices. A shrinking labour supply means higher wages, less demand on unemployment benifits, and a higher capacity for tax revenue per capita. It also means less demand on pensions because people will not be forced to retire. Many jobs can be automated. Many of the countries in the industrialized world have declining populations due to a high standard of living. Japan, Ireland, and Norway for example. Norway is a great example for us to follow. (Centrist Party take note.) They take most of the revenue from resourse extraction and put it in the bank, much like Premier Lougheed did in Alberta. The Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund is currently holding US$1 trillion with a population of less than five and a half million people. Rather than oil revenue, we can use revenues from uranium and the export of Candu and LIFTR reactors.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. It just sounds to me like you're trying to change the party's position on things, to promote your own uber-progressive views.

2. It's evident too in your offer to join, if they change their views to yours. Even more ludicrous than suggesting they change their name, but at least I'm kidding.

1. I think that is your guess on my motivation.  I would say you're wrong.  Also if you can name one of the 'uber-progressive' views I am trying to promote here I would appreciate that.

2. Oh, I see.  Yes I was not serious either.

8 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The Centrist Party Platform is contradictory when it comes to the environment vs birthrate. At a time when we need to be reducing population, you want to increase it. Nuclear power is vital, but while climate change is the most serious problem we have faced, there are a lot of other forms of pollution. Look at the clear cutting of BC forests. The role of Government has gone from Peace Order and Good Government to job creation. The economy has been warped to try and create jobs for our excess population.

It isn't. You can have an increased birth rate and also tackle climate change and the environment. Canada has some of the cleanest  energy and most environmentally friendly regulations - in the world.

Regardless, Canada's population doesn't hold a candle to countries like China and India, which, combined, have billions of inhabitants. Those are the countries that need to reduce their population.

In 2019, over 80% of our population growth was from immigration. This is significant. The reason we *need* such high immigration numbers is because of our low birth rate.

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If the population declines, so will prices on many things such as housing. Over-supply = lower prices. A shrinking labour supply means higher wages, less demand on unemployment benifits, and a higher capacity for tax revenue per capita. It also means less demand on pensions because people will not be forced to retire. Many jobs can be automated. Many of the countries in the industrialized world have declining populations due to a high standard of living. Japan, Ireland, and Norway for example. Norway is a great example for us to follow. (Centrist Party take note.) They take most of the revenue from resourse extraction and put it in the bank, much like Premier Lougheed did in Alberta. The Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund is currently holding US$1 trillion with a population of less than five and a half million people. Rather than oil revenue, we can use revenues from uranium and the export of Candu and LIFTR reactors.

This could be a mistake in choice of title but it isn't so much about population decline as it is about declining birth rates.  Title has been changed accordingly.

Japan has issues with birth rate due to the culture there which is very career centric (60 hour work weeks, etc).

Regardless, your last point - we've already included it in our platform:

"By demonstrating the feasibility, affordability, and revenue that can be generated by new green technology, other countries, as well as private industry, will follow suit.  Canada will be able to patent, sell, and implement this technology – boosting its economy.

[...]

Due to the abundance of uranium in and around Canada, nuclear power is an extremely viable renewable source of energy that could be scaled to meet all of Canada’s needs. Especially for provinces such as Alberta where the potential for hydro is very limited.

[...]

Over fishing, destruction of natural habitats, extinction of pollinators, pollution in our waters, untreated sewage being dumped directly in to our waters, recycling practices that are for show - there is more to environmental concerns than just “climate change”. Canada should start by not shipping its garbage to other countries which just end up dumping it in oceans and rivers. There is a lot that can be done and The Centrist Party of Canada intends to take a very strong, but practical, stance on climate change and the environment. "

Source: https://www.centrist.ca/environment

On 4/10/2020 at 1:13 PM, CentristPartyofCanada said:

2. It does not.

This tells us nothing.

If I had a positive critique, I’d say that you’re not being political enough with your answers. 

Canadians don’t get actual answers from their current government, they get virtue signalling, pie-in-the-sky and bafflegab, and it’s really tough for people to object to those things. Our MSM fawns on him because of it. Part of your goal is to break the spell. Maybe promise them $2B lol. 

You, on the other hand, make declarative statements and give direct answers. You’ll forever be bogged down, quibbling with people over semantics, if you do that.

Also, it’s extremely easy for virtue signallers, like the village idiot,  to make straw-man arguments out of direct, declarative statements. 

Take Bernier’s quote about how idiotic Trudeau’s statement “Diversity is our greatest strength” was. Bernier was accurate, on point, correct, and he will always be branded a racist for it even though it wasn’t racist at all. 

You want to speak in glowing generalizations about improving the care of seniors, because the baby boomers are coming to their last couple turns at voting. That’s a huge voting block of people who are definitely all going to the polls, and they’re all alienated. 

You want to speak glowingly about how diverse and yet similar all the different regions of Canada are, and how important it is that we change direction, and come together on important challenges.

Those kinds of topics give you a chance to throw love around, virtue-signal about Canadians, and they’re harsh attacks on the Libs without going to the sandbox. 

BS generalizations are the way to go imo. BS answers will work better on a guy like Hardner than actual answers. He’s in love with the guy who’s throwing down BS and division 24/7. 

In our platform we recognize that it is provincial. One of our goals is to put ideas out there, such as the fact that most Canadians lack financial knowledge. It doesn't need to be included, but we thought it was worth consideration by the general public

Look I agree there are many Canadians out there that believe our education system has been Hijacked by the left for some time now, and I agree with 100 % of you suggestions to improve upon it. Most educators are going to be frank with you, 1 st they don't like federal input, next like anyone they don't like to hear there short comings for a non educator....what you need is a coop piece by an educator, one that is recognized nationally....

Military wise it has nothing to do with loyalty. We just recognize that a properly function military is a necessity for the prosperity of a country. There are other issues but given the small size of our group, it is difficult to elaborate on every single thing. We do our best to give details and provide our references. We are continuously working on updating and improving out website. This is a work in progress and we have 3-4 years to get ourselves in a place where we can be a serious consideration for voters.

Ya it does have everything to do with being loyal, as they are the only people that give a rats ass about the military...or atleast to the point they want it properly funded, equipped, and trained....Canadians don't see it as necessary for prosperity, they see it as a drag on our nation, a black hole where funding goes to die... Trust me I served for 30 plus years in the Infantry, I've shouted from the roof tops only to be told some very realistic facts...Canadians don't see the military as a priority, they see it as a waste of their tax dollars, they see it as direct support for the US foreign policy and it's efforts around the globe...And Canadians are "very" anti US, it is our next best sport...besides hockey and lacrosse..

Our military operations has lost so many capabilities over the last 20 years it would cost 100's of billions just to get them back, and years of experience before we became adequate performing them again. It's been circling the drain for some years now... Lots of Canadians out there can't see the problem due to all the brain washing our government and CDS has put out there. they are to proud to see it... they don't want to see it...then there is the majority who just don't care. You want to change that you'll have to change the minds of the majority, or once you grab power just do it...Canadians have the military they want, or they would have changed it, shit it was not even a concern last election....