The Coronavirus

I think this is a fair summary of the recent World Health Organization's 'report' from China where they basically agreed with everything China told them and made vague speculations about the virus perhaps originating elsewhere. It makes it clear once again that the WHO is totally under the control of China, and that nothing it says should be given any respect.

Yet how shameful to see the WHO — a branch of the United Nations tasked with protection of public health — diminish itself again by kowtowing to China’s dictatorial regime in such craven style. Beijing fiercely resisted this mission for months, even imposing sanctions on Australia after it called for such an inquiry. It gave consent after considerable haggling in return for the right to vet the team of scientists. Lo and behold, those picked included the British charity chief Peter Daszak, who has worked with Wuhan scientists for years on their controversial experiments and led efforts to dismiss claims of any lab leak as “baseless”. Now suddenly this is a “WHO-China Joint Study” — and it seems the chosen experts see their task as selling China’s story to the planet.

It is sweet these international scientists are so trusting of their Chinese colleagues, despite all the evidence of cover-up with the previous Sars epidemic soon after the turn of this century and then again in initial weeks of this pandemic. But this hardly sounds the most forensic, evidence-based approach given the seismic importance of their conclusions. We know the controlling nature of Chinese state repression. We know there have been many leaks before from labs, including 11 Sars infections from a top-security Beijing research centre in 2004. We know there were safety concerns since they were admitted by WIV’s head of security in a journal shortly before the outbreak. We know databases of unpublished viruses were hidden from outsiders. And we know that for all the WHO team’s faith in the WIV security, much of their Sars research was carried out at lower security labs in the city,

https://unherd.com/2021/02/the-whos-covid-shame/

https://torontosun.com/news/weird/florida-women-try-to-pass-themselves-off-as-grannies-to-get-covid-19-jab/wcm/96237f57-ba0d-4f8e-85e7-dc6c77d85f7a/amp/

Never mind dressing up to look older to buy booze. That’s so 1980s.

No, in these strange times, adults are going to the same lengths teens will to get a six-pack of beer in an effort to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Well that's a new one.  Here I was thinking women were trying to find ways to look younger.  

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

A year in and we now have more reliable data.

The flu shot may keep COVID-19 at bay

'There could be a direct biological effect of the flu vaccine on the immune system relevant for the fight against SARS-CoV-2 virus.'

It’s never too late to get your flu shot, according to a new study that found inoculated individuals are significantly less likely to test positive for COVID-19 and more likely to avoid hospitalization if they do.

"It's the flu."

On 3/26/2021 at 10:05 AM, OftenWrong said:

A year in and we now have more reliable data.

The flu shot may keep COVID-19 at bay

"It's the flu."

Except it's not. The Flu isn't a Coronavirus. 

I'm sure all measures to improve one's immune system will help against COVID-19. 

This is why those that die usually have a co-morbidity of somekind. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 12:54 PM, Argus said:

I think this is a fair summary of the recent World Health Organization's 'report' from China where they basically agreed with everything China told them and made vague speculations about the virus perhaps originating elsewhere. It makes it clear once again that the WHO is totally under the control of China, and that nothing it says should be given any respect.

Yet how shameful to see the WHO — a branch of the United Nations tasked with protection of public health — diminish itself again by kowtowing to China’s dictatorial regime in such craven style. Beijing fiercely resisted this mission for months, even imposing sanctions on Australia after it called for such an inquiry. It gave consent after considerable haggling in return for the right to vet the team of scientists. Lo and behold, those picked included the British charity chief Peter Daszak, who has worked with Wuhan scientists for years on their controversial experiments and led efforts to dismiss claims of any lab leak as “baseless”. Now suddenly this is a “WHO-China Joint Study” — and it seems the chosen experts see their task as selling China’s story to the planet.

It is sweet these international scientists are so trusting of their Chinese colleagues, despite all the evidence of cover-up with the previous Sars epidemic soon after the turn of this century and then again in initial weeks of this pandemic. But this hardly sounds the most forensic, evidence-based approach given the seismic importance of their conclusions. We know the controlling nature of Chinese state repression. We know there have been many leaks before from labs, including 11 Sars infections from a top-security Beijing research centre in 2004. We know there were safety concerns since they were admitted by WIV’s head of security in a journal shortly before the outbreak. We know databases of unpublished viruses were hidden from outsiders. And we know that for all the WHO team’s faith in the WIV security, much of their Sars research was carried out at lower security labs in the city,

https://unherd.com/2021/02/the-whos-covid-shame/

You started this thread as a Trump-inspired rightwing screed downplaying the Sars Cov-2 threat to the world (including us) and now you rightwingers have repositioned yourselves presenting Covid-19 as a Chinese government conspiracy to poison and weaken the west and presumably the rest of the world.

It still stands that the only great significance of Wuhan is that over a year ago, that was the first place that a new species-jumping coronavirus began to turn into a pandemic and after several weeks of being considered another possible strain of flu virus, it was finally identified as a unique new species of coronavirus. 

And the microbiology lab in Wuhan that first decoded the virus is subject of conspiracy theories and speculations by US Government sources, who never mention or acknowledge that the institute is an international research institute that has hosted scientists from many other countries, including the US! A infectious disease institute in Galveston affiliated with University of Texas for one! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan_Institute_of_Virology

AND if you and every other Rebel Media following loon wants to blame China for causing Covid-19 for whatever reasons, you need to acknowledge that China was first in line dealing with a new, unknown disease, and had to learn about its characteristics and how to stop its spread. The DNA sequence of coronavirus was provided open source free of charge for everyone who wanted to learn about it and develop treatments and vaccines to fight it. 

But, China also demonstrated that the most effective way to fight the spread of a highly contagious viral disease is with establishing strict lockdowns early, and not allowing loopholes you could drive a truck through....like our idiot Premier here in Ontario! 

After I'm retired two weeks from now, me and my wife will stay home as much as possible and refrain from venturing outside until its over, which means until the last of the deniers have caught it already.

"In a lengthy Zoom interview this past week, Paul Elias Alexander, Howard Tenenbaum and Harvey Risch — all PhDs working out of prominent universities — told me flat-out that lockdowns are a complete waste of time."

Alexander, a PhD educated in epidemiology who recently worked for the Health and Human Services Department in Washington, D.C. as a senior advisor on COVID-19 pandemic policy, said they have a year’s worth of data showing there have been “crushing harms” from the “draconian” lockdowns.

“The present lockdown and school closures are not sustainable, illogical, and often driven by an ill-informed, sensationalized media,” he added.

They saw data in the United States last summer indicating a dramatic spike among university and college students wanting to “commit suicide” because they couldn’t deal with the impact of isolation and being locked down.

“We were seeing 300% increase in reported self-harms among kids in primary and elementary school,” said the McMaster University assistant professor.

“We were also seeing data that business owners were hanging themselves across America … the collateral damage was far worse than COVID.”

Link

See, just like I told you.

• 1 month later...

Canada has now overtaken the UK in percentage of the population with at least one-dose of the vaccine. 

Yes they're languishing at 6% fully vaccinated, but early numbers show that only 2% of COVID-19 cases in Canada have come from vaccinated people and a large percentage of those cases were people that go infected within the 2 weeks it takes for the vaccine to be effective. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, OftenWrong said:

You people are the useless dupes of the corporate globalist pedophile lizard-lovers. Go get your second injection right away.

Right away!!   ?

And you're a useless dupe of Right-Wing Media. 

DeSantis probably doesn't know anything substantive about Canada. I'm very confident he isn't aware that more 10,000 people died in Florida, due to the pandamic, than in all of Canada than did in his backwater state. 

45 minutes ago, Boges said:

And you're a useless dupe of Right-Wing Media. 

DeSantis probably doesn't know anything substantive about Canada. I'm very confident he isn't aware that more 10,000 people died in Florida, due to the pandamic, than in all of Canada than did in his backwater state. 

Now that's getting personal. Since when does "you people" apply to you? Well, if the shoe fits, as they say...
You did not argue against me though, which is fine...

Sorry, but the idea of protecting from death at all costs, while creating death elsewhere does not sit well with me. Who exactly made you people the arbiters of death?

Of course the public are dupes. Mr. Trudeau and the media keeps everyone sleeping comfortably.

12 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Now that's getting personal. Since when does "you people" apply to you? Well, if the shoe fits, as they say...
You did not argue against me though, which is fine...

Sorry, but the idea of protecting from death at all costs, while creating death elsewhere does not sit well with me. Who exactly made you people the arbiters of death?

Of course the public are dupes. Mr. Trudeau and the media keeps everyone sleeping comfortably.

The virus creates death elsewhere anyway. I'm sure you'll trot all the surgeries that were cancelled because of the Pandemic. Those surgeries ended up being cancelled because of lack of ICU space, not fear of spread. 

4 hours ago, Boges said:

The virus creates death elsewhere anyway. I'm sure you'll trot all the surgeries that were cancelled because of the Pandemic. Those surgeries ended up being cancelled because of lack of ICU space, not fear of spread. 

I dont need to trot out nothin. I was trotting that out right from the start of this thing, and everything I warned about was proven. That was right at the beginning when you people were all in your rabbit holes, and I was outside. Remember that?

Good times...   ;) 

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I dont need to trot out nothin. I was trotting that out right from the start of this thing, and everything I warned about was proven. That was right at the beginning when you people were all in your rabbit holes, and I was outside. Remember that?

Good times...   ;) 

Sure you were. :lol:

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Sure you were. :lol:

I know it seems unbelievable that there could be an outside to cave dwellers, but it's true. I was among the thousands of unsung heroes, the disenfranchised, the french-fry makers of the world who had to continue providing our vital services.

43 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I know it seems unbelievable that there could be an outside to cave dwellers, but it's true. I was among the thousands of unsung heroes, the disenfranchised, the french-fry makers of the world who had to continue providing our vital services.

Such a hero. :lol:

Front-line workers should be the first in line to get a vaccine. 

On 6/27/2021 at 5:43 AM, OftenWrong said:

"They didn't have authority to do that. All these experts said, ‘oh, you just have to do whatever the CDC says.’"

Read it an weep, cannuck bums.

DeSantis: If Florida didn't lead fight against federal COVID overreach, US would look like Canada

So, more than half a million people died in the States from Covid  (37,000+ in Florida alone) while Canada had only 26,000 total deaths, and DeSantis is proud of that?   That's pretty impressive stupidity; I sure wouldn't trust anything he claims about economic recovery.  

Seems Canada is doing just fine, certainly better than DeSantis would like to believe.  I'm happy Canada chose lives over a barely perceptible difference in economic recovery post-pandemic.  

Here’s a good one-

Montreal police defend tear-gassing Canadiens fans without warning

It was the second time in less than two weeks that Montreal police officers used tear gas against fans outside the arena without first ordering the crowd to disperse.

Get it? No warning. While the game is on, show the happy fans celebrating outside. A festive occasion.

But the very second it’s off, oye  vatto, we gonna blow you up so far away.

Because you are just a buncha dirty barn animals, to be whipped and herded and corralled. 

Your daughter got the tear gas canister right in the face? Too bad.

"A new report shows that during the pandemic, there were more deaths from 'unintentional side effects' than COVID-19, particularly among younger Canadians.

The latest data from Statistics Canada, released Monday, is titled 'Provisional death counts and excess mortality, January 2020 to April 2021,' and found there were 5,535 deaths in those younger than 65 years of age. There were 1,380 COVID-related deaths for that same age group, according to StatCan. That’s more than four times the amount of deaths.

For the 44 and under age group, the number of overdoses resulting in death rose from 1,605 in 2019 to 2,125 in 2020.

The number of alcohol-induced deaths increased in the age groups of 45-64 (1,790 in 2020 vs. 1,525 in 2019) and 0 to 44 (480 in 2020; 325 in 2019), though StatCan added that some of the deaths could be due to other diseases and conditions but were predominantly attributed to liver disease and mental or behavioural disorders."

https://torontosun.com/news/more-young-canadians-died-from-unintentional-side-effects-of-the-pandemic-not-covid

See, what did I tell you assholes about excess deaths being the thing to count, not "death".

What did I tell you about the fallout and repercussions of this stupid idea we have been pursuing, shutting everything down and keeping people at home.

The people who died of the quarantine, not from covid. You don't give a shit about them. Invisible. Inconvenient truth.

You've had the second shot, and all is now well you say?

Not so fast, Candians. And yes, I said Candians. Most other countries in the world do not recognize your mixed-vaccination pedigree.

Government working with other countries to recognize Canadians with mixed doses as fully vaccinated

Canadians who have received two different doses of COVID-19 vaccines may face difficulties travelling to countries where vaccine mixing has not been approved by health officials.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was asked if the government has received assurances that Canadians will be allowed to travel if they have shots from two different vaccines, even if other countries haven't approved mixing doses.

"We're going to work with the international community to make sure that people who are fully vaccinated in ways that Canadians recognize as safe and effective are also recognized around the world," he said.

Canada's vaccine program is considered "off protocol", since, as we heard a few days ago from the top Doc at the WHO, there has not been any research to validate this approach.

Cue the government apologists coming out of their crevices, to stammer out a hand-wringing argument. But but butt!

Not to worry, Candians. The all-knowing wondergovernment of tomorrow will set things right, lead by the venerable Mr. Trudeau. He's got your back, right?

heh heh heh heh,...

Shisto Misto Pisto Fisto

• 1 month later...

More kids are getting very sick by Delta. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/health/covid-delta-variant-children/index.html

Between August 20 and 26, an average of 330 children were admitted to hospitals every day with Covid-19, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

hat's the highest rate of new Covid-19 hospitalizations among children in more than a year -- a record that was broken several times in August, according to CDC data.

"This virus that we're dealing with now is a game changer," said Dr. Mark Kline, physician-in-chief of Children's Hospital New Orleans.

"It's just so easily transmitted from person-to-person." As of August 9, he said, "half of the children that we've admitted have been under the age of 2."

• 5 weeks later...

Drug Maker Merck applying to the FDA for it's oral anti-viral drug. All other "therapeutic" treatments for COVID have been IV and likely require hospitalization.

Not counting Invermectin. Which you really have to be brain damaged if you'd rather take that drug over other options. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/01/covid-antiviral-pill-halves-hospitalisations-and-deaths-maker-says

Merck is doing it right. People touting Invermectin never applied for FDA approval. 

• Like 1