Quasem Soleimani Taken Out

Rue

Look, Soleimani  was a scumbag and he made a mistake by pushing things that freaked Trump out. Like that crowd of militia people at the embassy. Remember the hsitory of Americans and embassies in the middle east. Democrat Jimmy Carter lost his re-election because he 'let' the Iranians occupy the US embassy. They weren't scared of him, and every day there'd be more coverage "This is day 247 of the Iran Hostage Crisis!" It carried over right through to the election and got 'strong man' Ronald Reagan elected.

Fast forward to Benghazi when a small US 'consulate' which was likely just a front for the CIA, was attacked and destroyed just when the ambassador was there. Because Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State the Republicans played this for all it was worth and more. There were something like 17 congressional investigations into Benghazzi, including Clinton spending hours testifying. They didn't come up with anything, but that wasn't the point. The point was to tar Obama and Clinton as weak and of having been responsible - at least in the public eye, or some of the public's eye. Trump was a part of that, bleating about Clinton failing to protect the embassy and using it to smear her.

So you can imagine his reaction at the thought of having an embassy hostage crisis under his watch in an election year! If he has to kill tens of thousands Trump is going to make sure that doesn't happen! Not because he cares even slightly about Americans but because he's terrified it will make him look weak, like Carter and Obama. That's because he IS weak, of course. Strong men have confidence and he doesn't and never has. That's why he brags and lies about everything. (I'm the best! I'm the smartest! I'm the richest! I know more than generals! Please! Please someone respect me! Someone love me! Please!).

22 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

By the way it was total idiotic comment by Trump to threaten to bomb Iran's cultural sites. What a total IDIOT. How is that going to bother the anti-Iran occupying mullahs where are scared to death of pre-islamic Persian culture and close off all the roads to Persepolis weeks before the Cyrus day in October so that Iranians don't celebrate cultural events. He certainly got himself lots of enemies among Iranians by this stupid comment. TRUMP IS A TOTAL IDIOT.

It was a very stupid comment to make at the first place but he has backtracked on hitting the cultural sites in Iran which only would make the mullahs happy and Iranians very angry. 

US president Donald Trump has backtracked on his threat to target 52 Iranian cultural sites in military attacks, saying he would obey international law.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Cost of goods will shoot through the roof.  We won't be able to trade with China.  It's a nice idea I just don't think it will work.

Our grandparents put up 25% of their GDP not mention setting a standard for courage and steadfastness in the face of tyranny that we commemorate every year. We actually look down on Canadians who don't join in that.

How much is too much now and how much do we depend on tyrants for our present GDP?  Does anyone else think these are important questions? 

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Our grandparents put up 25% of their GDP not mention setting a standard for courage and steadfastness in the face of tyranny that we commemorate every year.

They also put Japanese-Canadians into internment camps and stole their land/property.

Slow clap for that kind of courage.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

They also put Japanese-Canadians into internment camps and stole their land/property.

Slow clap for that kind of courage.

Yup, it'll probably take a real effort to stop being an ass-hole. We still can't seem to do without that LAV contract with Saudi Arabia for example.  I honestly don't think we have what it takes but I choose to live in hope.  I still think assessing a cost benefit analysis would be a useful exercise and you never know you just might convince even more people that the economy must transcend virtue at all costs.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

Killing the good general also causes problems for China, which needs a stable Iran and ME for long term goals.   China just learned what a real super power can do with the means and will to do so.    Damn that Trump !

The killing on Friday of top Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani by the United States was very bad news for China. Tehran’s inevitable response will further deteriorate the geopolitical situation in the Persian Gulf region, which serves much of Chinese oil needs and is an essential element of President Xi Jinping’s Belt and Road Initiative.

"Beijing cannot deter the US in the region, and probably cannot mitigate Iran’s ambitions"

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3044822/killing-irans-qassem-soleimani-reality-check-chinas-middle-east

d48a4c1c-3062-11ea-9400-58350050ee52_ima

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Killing the good general also causes problems for China, which needs a stable Iran and ME for long term goals.   China just learned what a real super power can do with the means and will to do so.    Damn that Trump !

d48a4c1c-3062-11ea-9400-58350050ee52_ima

Makes perfect sense.  The "imminent threat" he and pence constantly decline to provide evidence of was not from Iran at all!  :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

Makes perfect sense.  The "imminent threat" he and pence constantly decline to provide evidence of was not from Iran at all!  :lol:

Any other nation(s) that want to stop American foreign policy in the region are free to do so.

Good luck with that...Canada.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Nah we are fine with america making a mess.  I just hope they dont plan to come begging for an article five again.

Doesn't matter....Canada is a non-player...especially for Iran.   Stick to Iraqi and Libyan oil instead.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

A dozen missiles were just fired into Iraq at military bases.  I hope trump has those condolence cards for the u.s. troops families  prepared.

Big deal.  Israel deals with attacks like these on a daily basis.

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Media is reporting Iran's big "revenge" attack...with missiles.    Yawn......

Iran regime likely purposely hit the areas AROUND the bases and the unpopulated areas so that NOT to cause casualties especially American casualties. So why they did it. To Save their asses from a fierce American retaliation but more importantly to sell it domestically that they have retaliated against a Superpower for killing their general.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Iran regime likely purposely hit the areas AROUND the bases and the unpopulated areas so that NOT to cause casualties especially American casualties. So why they did it. To Save their asses from a fierce American retaliation but more importantly to sell it domestically that they have retaliated against a Superpower for killing their general.

Do you have reason to assume they are significantly less intelligent, less capable, less courageous and less confident than...average human beings?

Actually the Australians are there, in Iraq... -_-

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Meh.  Anyone mourning Soleimani is probably questionable anyways.

There's no one around here doing that. You simply can't imagine why any Canadian would refuse to automatically stick their tongue up America's butt. They're not with you ergo....

We've all seen this playbook here a few times now.  So yeah...meh.