Don Cherry's Racist Rant on Immigrants

Teena

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You admit he's talking about immigrants. ..so how am I misrepresenting?

You are claiming he singles them out, when he has gone on plenty of rants about all kinds of Canadians not being patriotic enough for him, and not wearing poppies. Immigrants getting included for once is no different, and shouldn't result in him losing his job. Your support of cancel culture is pathetic.

Edited by Yzermandius19

47 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You are claiming he singles them out, when he has gone on plenty of rants about all kinds of Canadians not being patriotic enough for him...

No, I claimed he singled them out. Which he did. This weekend. That's why he was fired. Just because he is generally a crusty bastard doesn't give him a pass to be racist on Sportsnet's dime.

I believe in companies having the freedom to decide who they want to represent them. Freedom is what made Canada great.

1 hour ago, Rue said:

You people who come here" is reference to the entire country.

BS.  He noted that he's seen fewer people wearing poppies and then said "You people you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple bucks for a poppy or something like that. These guys paid for your way of life that you enjoy in Canada, these guys paid the biggest price.”

White people seen on the street, with or without poppies, are assumed to be Canadian even if they arrived yesterday; brown people seen on the street, with or without poppies, are assumed to be immigrants, even if they're third generation Canadian.  Despite his backtracking later, Cherry was referring to people he saw on the street without poppies, assumed they were immigrants here for our "milk and honey" because they were brown.

27 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

No, I claimed he singled them out. Which he did. This weekend. That's why he was fired. Just because he is generally a crusty bastard doesn't give him a pass to be racist on Sportsnet's dime.

I believe in companies having the freedom to decide who they want to represent them. Freedom is what made Canada great.

He calls out everyone for the same shit, regardless of race, so clearly it's not racist at all. This is about poppies, not about race, people trying to make it about race are terrible mind readers who apparently have never listened to Don Cherry and can't pick up on context.

No one is claiming that Rogers can't fire him, they are free to be idiots. You argue against a stupid strawman to make yourself seem insightful by comparison, but you only fool yourself.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

He had the opportunity to clarify that it wasn't about immigrants. But then he said he stood by what he said and wouldn't apologize for it. Which is fine. But don't try to pretend he didn't say what he has admitted to saying. That's just dumb.

He said everyone should wear a poppy, he did clarify, and you refuse to accept that clarification in favor of your lame mind reading skills.

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He said everyone should wear a poppy, he did clarify, and you refuse to accept that clarification in favor of your lame mind reading skills.

He didn't say he wasn't talking about immigrants. He could have. But he didn't. Still hasn't.

Well well well, the land of offended people is alive and well in Canada. Poor old politically incorrect Don Cherry got himself into a bit of hot water the other day for appearing to have been a bit too politically incorrect, and had said some words that have offended some Canadians. And just what did Cherry say that was so offensive? Cherry said these two words "you people". Well, that was enough for the Canadian media to go ballistic on Don Cherry, especially the CBC that got wind of those words said by Cherry, and they had to take and make a big deal out of those two words and make it appear as though Cherry had just said something terribly racist against a certain group of people in our society. Cherry never said the words new immigrants or non white minorities. Cherry just said "you people", no doubt referring to new white immigrants to Canada also. As it was explained by Ezra, the CBC has been after and been trying to get something on Cherry for years, and they finally got him on something. And now they got him fired from Hockey Canada. Canadians can always count on the Canadian media to always go ballistic on anything that appears to be a nice juicy racist incident. 

As Cherry explained to Ezra Levant and Tucker Carlson on FOX News those words were meant for those newcomers to Canada who Cherry believes should be wearing the Remembrance Day Poppy, and that was it. Aw well, as they say, another white guy bites the dust. We all should know by now as to who the Canadian leftist liberal MSM prefers to go after. They are always easy targets who are not given a chance to fight back. They are now guilty as charged. Then their careers get ruined by the likes of the CBC.

Don Cherry has always been very vocal and speaks his own mind about many issues going on in Canada. And as he said, he has done many good things for people and groups in Canada, but he never gets any credit or is recognized by the Canadian media for all the work he has done in helping people. But say something that appears to be racist, and they went after "me" and pounced on "me" like a dog would pounce on a bone. 

Canada surely has become a land of very sensitive offended people. Canadians are not allowed to question or challenge anything anymore that has to do with gender, sexual orientation, religion or race To do so will get one in big time trouble here in Offensive Canada. It has pretty much become a crime in Canada to offend someone or hurt their precious sensitive feelings. Canada is not a land of real men and women anymore. Canada has become a land politically correct wimps. Say something that appears to be racist, and you better run for the hills and hide. So sad. :(

7 minutes ago, marcus said:

Your NHL lacked skill, creativity and speed. Your NHL has also left thousands of people with permanent brain damage or dead.

I'm glad that your NHL is long gone.

That has nothing to do with the rules, the rules are not what makes today's game more skilled, fast or creative. If our NHL still existed, the players would be just as skilled, fast and creative as they are today, if not more so, and the game would be far more entertaining. All upside.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That has nothing to do with the rules, the rules are not what makes today's game more skilled, fast or creative. If our NHL still existed, the players would be just as skilled, fast and creative as they are today, if not more so, and the game would be far more entertaining. All upside.

If anything the rules make it less skilled.  Ever since the "Gretzky rule" it's been all downhill.  

• Like 1

Guest PPC2019
On 11/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, Teena said:

If i'm being objective... I have to disagree with him. He was outspoken, and this is my opinion as a moderate racist.

It's kinda like him saying "You're lesser than us, because you won't wear the symbols we wear". It's a total cheap shot.

I still think he should sue for being fired.

Edited by PPC2019

13 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

If i'm being objective... I have to disagree with him. He was outspoken, and this is my opinion as a moderate racist.

It's kinda like him saying "You're lesser than us, because you won't wear the symbols we wear". It's a total cheap shot.

I still think he should sue for being fired.

Hey PPC, it's bizarre and unfair that some people get fired for making blanket statements and others have zero consequences! 

Jessica Allen ruffled feathers Tuesday when discussing Cherry's dismissal from the "Coach's Corner" segment of "Hockey Night in Canada" on Monday after he suggested on air that immigrants don't wear poppies.

Allen told viewers that she doesn't "worship at the altar of hockey" and found in her experience that those who did "all tended to be white boys who weren't, let's say, very nice."

"They were not generally thoughtful, they were often bullies, their parents were able to spend $5,000 a year on minor hockey — $5,000 is a lot of money," Allen continued in Tuesday's panel discussion.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/social-cast-member-jessica-allen-184556734.html

2 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Hi, I just posted a link as well and then I see yours! Yes double standards. Miss Allen was more offensive in her comments than Mr. Cherry!

Guest PPC2019
1 hour ago, Teena said:

Allen told viewers that she doesn't "worship at the altar of hockey" and found in her experience that those who did "all tended to be white boys who weren't, let's say, very nice."

"They were not generally thoughtful, they were often bullies, their parents were able to spend $5,000 a year on minor hockey — $5,000 is a lot of money," Allen continued in Tuesday's panel discussion.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/social-cast-member-jessica-allen-184556734.html

I still hope she doesn't get fired. This is free speech. We can't pick side. Conservatives have to defend free speech.