China warns Canada not to be 'naive' in thinking allies can help fix issues (updated with Trudeau's reply)

2 minutes ago, egghead said:

Canadian forces are peacekeeping forces only. The last war we fought was fighting with whisky :lol:

Quite a few Canadian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan directly due to lack of kit and/or deficiency, but whatever, I'll see my fallen brothers again, over the river and under the shade of the trees.

Ducimus

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

I needn't remind you that Trump has taken on China biggly on trade,

And accomplished zip.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

and has directly challenged Russia in Syrian air space.  

And lost

We don't need the U.S. Trudeau needs a spine.

Start subjecting Chinese imports to tighter and tighter inespection (because of fentanyl smuggling). So sorry if that backs up Chinese fighters an makes them hang around for days and weeks.

Start cozying up to Taiwan

Ban all Chinese steel imports for 'security reasons'.

Ban China's Confucious Institutes from operating in Canada

Ban Canadian universities from doing research for Chinese companies, notably Huawei

Ban Huawei from selling equipment in Canada

Start banning more Chinese products for 'health reasons'.

Cut back on the number of Chinese students allowed to study in Canada

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Won? Won what?

NAFTA 2.0....ISIS....Travel Ban....Tax Cuts....Not one but two SC justices....KORUS trade deal....record employment...record stock market...Jerusalem embassy....yada...yada...yada.

Trudeau wishes he had it so good...instead he got SNC-Lavalin and "GENOCIDE".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

NAFTA 2.0....ISIS....Travel Ban....Tax Cuts....Not one but two SC justices....KORUS trade deal....record employment...record stock market...Jerusalem embassy....yada...yada...yada.

NAFTA 2 is virtually identical to NAFTA 1. Trump had nothing to do with any of the rest, which is only on a handful of countries and accomplishes nothing. It's said Mitch McConnell puts up with Trump because Trump will sign whatever is put in front of him.

Anyway, I thought you were talking about his great victories over China and Russia.:rolleyes:

Edited by Argus

1 minute ago, Argus said:

NAFTA 2 is virtually identical to NAFTA 1. Trump had nothing to do with any of the rest, which is only on a handful of countries and accomplishes nothing. It's said Mitch McConnell puts up with Trump because Trump will sign whatever is put in front of him.

Anyway, I thought you were talking about his great victories over China and Russia.:rolleyes:

Trump even gets more attention in Canada....but this thread is not about Trump...it is about your weak ass prime minister Justin Trudeau.

Canada no longer has soft or hard power, so maybe Trudeau is the perfect leader after all.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, egghead said:

Canadian forces are peacekeeping forces only. The last war we fought was fighting with whisky :lol:

This is another example of how little Canadians know about there own military, who can blame them , according to CBC the majority of Canadians could not pass a simple citizenship test....So it does not surprise me, that they still cling to this Liberal Myth of our military being a peace keeping one....Our nations armed forces have spent more days at war than any other operation, or peace keeping duties....ya google that shit....

The whole Peacekeeping entrenched interest is largely discredited, even with the Liberals despite their pandering to the myth to curry votes.

The new model is CANSOFCOM.

Mentoring various and dubious partisan forces such as the Peshmerga or Malians behind the curtain of Operational Security invoked secrecy so it doesn't garner any press and they can coverup any malfeasance or incompetence therein.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This is another example of how little Canadians know about there own military, who can blame them , according to CBC the majority of Canadians could not pass a simple citizenship test....So it does not surprise me, that they still cling to this Liberal Myth of our military being a peace keeping one....Our nations armed forces have spent more days at war than any other operation, or peace keeping duties....ya google that shit....

Last year or so (??),  I remember I read that the military will shift to a more peace keeping operations role (humanitarian, diplomatic ....). 

15 hours ago, egghead said:

Last year or so (??),  I remember I read that the military will shift to a more peace keeping operations role (humanitarian, diplomatic ....). 

Peacekeeping is a mission not a role, invoking the military as a humanitarian organization is rather delusional, but hey, that's Canadians, arguably the most self deluded people on earth.

Canada is actually doing the opposite of Peacekeeping now, Canada is actually behaving as a war maker.

Case in point, Canada sends CANSOFCOM to Mali to train the Malian special forces, those Malian special forces then use their excellent Canadian training to stage a coup de tat which incited a war with the Taureg tribal nomads in the north, then the African Union has had to come in as UN Peacekeepers to try to clean up the mess which Canada made.

Canadian politicians have become enthralled with SOF, because that provides a rubric to invoke secrecy to hide things from the public, it's the same as the Airborne Regiment, except unlike Somalia, everything is black, the media can't find out what's going on, but being Canadian politicians, they have no idea what they are doing, so it just results in mischief more than anything.

Quite frankly, I also participate in these coverups, I know things about CANSOFCOM which I would not disclose publicly, not because I am bound to keep their secrets for them, I  simply have more loyalty to the Operators at CANSOFCOM than I do for the Canadian public, and I despise the Canadian media, so I'd never do them any favors.

The Canadian media is out to destroy the Canadian military, and they've pretty much succeeded, but I still will not give aid nor comfort to the enemy, come what may.

Legio Patria Nostra.

Edited by Dougie93

On 7/3/2019 at 6:57 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Would you prefer that Trump start a shooting war instead ?

Maybe not a full on shooting war, but how about a CIA covert operation to decapitate the Canadian government and replace it with a more America friendly regime?

I don't think the CIA would need to shoot anybody, Canadians are only a danger to themselves.

56 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Maybe not a full on shooting war, but how about a CIA covert operation to decapitate the Canadian government and replace it with a more America friendly regime?

I don't think the CIA would need to shoot anybody, Canadians are only a danger to themselves.

The current US government is a bigger threat to its own people than the Canadian government is to its own people or the US.  I find it sad that all Trudeau gets for attempts at reconciliation with Indigenous, including big increases in funding; greater representation for women in government and business, including massive foreign aid to women’s education and rights abroad; positivity on China; acceptance of a record number of refugees; and generally a message of hope and acceptance of diverse peoples, is a kick in the teeth from the US government and his own Canadian supporters.  Indigenous support of Trudeau is down to 10% in the polls.  

This is all very instructive for the Conservatives and anyone running for office.  Rather than gratitude, increased support is met with greater expectations and criticism.  Trump has a day without belligerence and people think he deserves an award.  Maybe the world has to be ruled by assholes until people see where it leads.  I knew it was over for Trudeau when Trump threw him under the bus at last year’s G20 Summit and Trudeau didn’t push back.  He’s laid down on China as well.  When he tried to get control of caucus, his supporters turned on him. He can’t win.  Women and Indigenous want to lynch him.  I don’t like JT but I like Trump, Xi, and certain other world leaders less.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The current US government is a bigger threat to its own people than the Canadian government is to its own people

Quite the opposite, because Americans don't trust their government, whereas Canada is overrun with delusional Nanny Staters, and moreover the Canadian constitution is so weak the Canadian Nanny Police state just makes things up as it goes, mostly crazy things, and the poison pill Canadian Charter actually enables it.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Quite the opposite, because Americans don't trust their government, whereas Canada is overrun with delusional Nanny Staters, and moreover the Canadian constitution is so weak the Canadian Nanny Police state just makes things up as it goes, mostly crazy things, and the poison pill Canadian Charter actually enables it.

Evidence?  I would be more worried about Trump’s executive orders than anything JT is doing.  

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

I would be more worried about Trump’s executive orders than anything JT is doing.  

Having worked as an armed agent of the state in Canada, I well know that the executive war powers of the Canadian government are far more broad and menacing than in America.

Canada does everything the Americans do and more in terms of dirty domestic national security tricks and Canada is far more opaque than America.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Having worked as an armed agent of the state in Canada, I well know that the executive war powers of the Canadian government are far more broad and menacing than in America.

Canada does everything the Americans do and more in terms of dirty domestic national security tricks and Canada is far more opaque than America.

How can you say that given the SNC affair and many other scandals?  Ford is in constant trouble over hi appointments.  We have a Freedom if Information Act, and how often is “national security” used as the excuse here to redact text?

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Evidence?  I would be more worried about Trump’s executive orders than anything JT is doing.  

A Canadian PM with majority government rule has far more unchecked power than a U.S. president, especially for domestic issues.   Trump has been stymied by many court rulings and injunctions, unlike Trudeau.   Canadian government is also less open and transparent for public records access.

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

How can you say that given the SNC affair and many other scandals?  Ford is in constant trouble over hi appointments.  We have a Freedom if Information Act, and how often is “national security” used as the excuse here to redact text?

There's no reason to redact here, because there is no text, there is no rule of law in Canada, they just make it up as they go, and they don't document what they are doing.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

A Canadian PM with majority government rule has far more unchecked power than a U.S. president, especially for domestic issues.   Trump has been stymied by many court rulings and injunctions, unlike Trudeau.   Canadian government is also less open and transparent for public records access.

Often one finds things out about Canada by way of the US government having to disclose things about its interaction with Canada, things which the Canadian government keeps totally opaque from Canadians.

21 hours ago, egghead said:

Mali is a peace keeping mission, or so it is called, but at what point is a peace keeping mission just that.... is it when you can call in airstrikes, arty strikes, carry a full war load of ammo, shot people on site for carrying wpns,....thats not peace keeping thats war.....they call it a peace keeping mission to keep regular civilians calm....so they don't ask questions, like how many people have died in this conflict on both sides....or how much funding is it costing...

There's actually three missions going on in Mali at the same time.

There is an UN Chapter 6 Peacekeeping mission being conducted by the African Union, that's the mission to maintain a ceasefire between the Malians and the Tuareg.

Then because there is a Jihadist threat throughout the Sahel, the European Union is running an UN Chapter 7 use of force mission to provide force protection to the AU Peacekeepers.

Then there is an unilateral French counter terrorism  mission to preemptively interdict Jihadist efforts to attack the AU and EU forces.

The Canadian Contingent at Gao is under the UN Chapter 7 use of force mission with EUFOR. 

Chapter 7 is sometimes referred to as Peacemaking, this is more like the NATO missions, IFOR, SFOR and ISAF.

Edited by Dougie93