We are reliably informed by Argus, who knows no wrong, that White racist groups are not found here. Provided with a list of such, he deftly denied they actually existed. Then, surely to his horror, facebook banned a number of them, including some on our earlier list. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/facebook-faith-goldy-ban-alt-right-1.5088827

One is then, left confused as to how so informed an outfit as Facebook could ban groups which, Argus assures us, do not exist?

Just wondering...pass the popcorn willya? :rolleyes:

There probably are some tiny groups of white racists here and there. It seems to me that the big social media groups are using this to try and ban more and more conservatives from the popular platforms. I think there are way more extremist crackpots on the left but they don't have to worry about being banned. Those on the left are quite hostile to any opinions other than their own.

The people that run platforms like Facebook ,Twitter and so on smell blood in the water and are using this as an excuse to severely limit conservative voices.How many radicals from the left have been banned from social media? Can you think of any?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

There probably are some tiny groups of white racists here and there. It seems to me that the big social media groups are using this to try and ban more and more conservatives from the popular platforms. I think there are way more extremist crackpots on the left but they don't have to worry about being banned. Those on the left are quite hostile to any opinions other than their own.

The people that run platforms like Facebook ,Twitter and so on smell blood in the water and are using this as an excuse to severely limit conservative voices.How many radicals from the left have been banned from social media? Can you think of any?

There is no "probably" about it and they are not tiny, but clandestine at the moment. Rather than bombs and shootings here, they infest chat rooms like this one to spread their ignorance and hate. You failed to provide any examples of "radicals from the left". I certainly don't recall any such promoting racial and sexual hatred and violence as the "conservatives" have, do and are. 

9 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

We are reliably informed by Argus, who knows no wrong, that White racist groups are not found here. Provided with a list of such, he deftly denied they actually existed.

The list you provided was from Wikipedia. WIKIPEDIA says they disbanded. It's not my fault you're not capable of reading your own damn cites, Squid.

hen, surely to his horror, facebook banned a number of them,

The question I kicked your ass over was who were the white supremacist groups in Canada. You weren't able to provide a single one, and ran off crying into the night like a little bitch.

Some? I think the word you're searching for is NONE. Do you think people are too stupid to go and check the list you posted, or do you imagine that because you never quite grasped how to use the search function it eludes the rest of the posters?

As to the groups mentioned, the only one I could definitively say is/are Nazis is the first one, but it appears to be half a dozen people at worst. No information on the second. The third and fourth are anti-Islam, not white supremacists or Nazis.

One is then, left confused as to how so informed an outfit as Facebook could ban groups which, Argus assures us, do not exist?

Still waiting for why you're so terrified of this great white wave of racist groups when there don't appear to be any. With the possible exception of one guy and his buddies.

4 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

There is no "probably" about it and they are not tiny, but clandestine at the moment. Rather than bombs and shootings here, they infest chat rooms like this one to spread their ignorance and hate. You failed to provide any examples of "radicals from the left". 

You're one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Can you suggest far left radical groups that you think should also be banned?

To name but one,how about Louis Farrakhan , leader of the Nation of Islam. His hatred of Jews is no secret and yet he doesn't have to worry about being banned from social media. I'm also somewhat sceptical about so-called right wing extremist postings in chat rooms and can't help but wonder if they're simply trolls stirring up things.

Which side get's continually banned from speaking on campuses? 

How about Antifa? Large,well organized and funded....and violent. What's the right-wing equivalent of Antifa?

You seem to be equating the right to free speech and simple,fair questions with promoting racial and sexual hatred. 

An opposing point of view won't kill you.

42 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

No need to be confused...Facebook is publicly held American social media and social networking corporation based in Menlo Park, California, USA.

Facebook is free to ban any member or group that it chooses to regardless of terms of service agreements, as it is not a government entity.

https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/dangerous_individuals_organizations

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Argus said:

The list you provided was from Wikipedia. WIKIPEDIA says they disbanded. It's not my fault you're not capable of reading your own damn cites, Squid.

The question I kicked your ass over was who were the white supremacist groups in Canada. You weren't able to provide a single one, and ran off crying into the night like a little bitch.

Some? I think the word you're searching for is NONE. Do you think people are too stupid to go and check the list you posted, or do you imagine that because you never quite grasped how to use the search function it eludes the rest of the posters?

As to the groups mentioned, the only one I could definitively say is/are Nazis is the first one, but it appears to be half a dozen people at worst. No information on the second. The third and fourth are anti-Islam, not white supremacists or Nazis.

Still waiting for why you're so terrified of this great white wave of racist groups when there don't appear to be any. With the possible exception of one guy and his buddies.

Deny, deny, lie and deny. Trump's approach seems to work for you.:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Owly said:

Can you suggest far left radical groups that you think should also be banned?

As long as they're not actively promoting  violence, I have no problem with radical leftist groups using social media. They have a right to be wrong, to lie and mislead and twist the facts.

Take note that I think everyone has the right to speak their mind

• Like 1

Just now, Realitycheck said:

You are, again, wrong. I carry no brief for any political theology.

I guess it was my imagination you saying that all conservative supporters were racists and hated women, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No need to be confused...Facebook is publicly held American social media and social networking corporation based in Menlo Park, California, USA.

Facebook is free to ban any member or group that it chooses to regardless of terms of service agreements, as it is not a government entity.

https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/dangerous_individuals_organizations

Ah, so you concur as to the existance of such groups and the need for banning them.

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

As long as they're not actively promoting  violence, I have no problem with radical leftist groups using social media. They have a right to be wrong, to lie and mislead and twist the facts.

Take note that I think everyone has the right to speak their mind

Speak their mind but stopping short of inciting violence.

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

Speak their mind but stopping short of inciting violence.

They can't do that. Violence is what they live for. But I disagree with banning the boneheads. I fear without their regular reminders slope-headed, mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggers like them exist we may become complacent.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, ironstone said:

There probably are some tiny groups of white racists here and there. It seems to me that the big social media groups are using this to try and ban more and more conservatives from the popular platforms. 

The people that run platforms like Facebook ,Twitter and so on smell blood in the water and are using this as an excuse to severely limit conservative voices.

Do most conservatives claim white supremacists as their own?

Do most conservatives fear 'replacement' of the white race by people of colour? 

Does that motivate most conservatives to hate crimes?

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/vbwaq9/christchurch-shooting-suspect-donated-to-a-far-right-group-active-in-canada

Evan Balgord, the director of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network, described identitarianism to VICE as the “European version of the alt-right neo-Nazi movement” and said “here in Canada the largest single group... is ID Canada, formerly known as Generation Identity Canada.” The people at the Anti-Racist Canada blog has found numerous connections between ID Canada and the Canadian white nationalist movement in which they outline in detail.

Or ... are most Canadian white supremacists just trying to disguise themselves as conservatives

And which are you? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jacee said:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/vbwaq9/christchurch-shooting-suspect-donated-to-a-far-right-group-active-in-canada

Evan Balgord, the director of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network, described identitarianism to VICE as the “European version of the alt-right neo-Nazi movement” and said “here in Canada the largest single group... is ID Canada, formerly known as Generation Identity Canada.” The people at the Anti-Racist Canada blog has found numerous connections between ID Canada and the Canadian white nationalist movement in which they outline in detail.

Or ... are most Canadian white supremacists just trying to disguise themselves as conservatives

And which are you? 

This cannot possibly be true. Argus assures us such groups don't exist in Canada. :rolleyes:

Edited by Realitycheck

This is such a trash thread.

The organized "far right" is no way comparable in Canada to what far left groups have been doing in complicity with the left wing parties, judiciary system, the media and corporate funding who protect, finance and enable them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, Realitycheck said:

They can't do that. Violence is what they live for. But I disagree with banning the boneheads. I fear without their regular reminders slope-headed, mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggers like them exist we may become complacent.

You must be talking about ANTIFA who do advocate violence

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jacee said:

No they do not....  even if you choose to believe it or buy into hyperbole and the election platform of the Trudeau regime.  Actual hatred or the inciting of violence is not acceptable nor condoned, but remember this is what  Liberals have called Canadians:   Nazis, Racists, Neanderthals,  Un-Canandian, Misogynists Ambulance chaser, Deniers, Islamophobe,Construction workers dangerous,  simply for disagreeing with them.   Hyping up the existence of a few radical groups is all part of the new platform and labelling anyone who disagrees with Liberal policy a racist has become the narrative. 

Just remember every time the Trudeau regimes accuses Scheer of consorting with neo-Nazis, keep this in mind: Justin Trudeau defends his decision to attend Islamic conference sponsored by organization linked to Hamas  https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/sponsor-of-upcoming-islamic-event-featuring-justin-trudeau-lost-charitable-status-due-to-hamas-link

Without labels, lies and hate the Liberals have no message.

I look forward to Trudeau denouncing the up coming Al Quds rally.

Edited by scribblet

19 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

This is such a trash thread.

The organized "far right" is no way comparable in Canada to what far left groups have been doing in complicity with the left wing parties, judiciary system, the media and corporate funding who protect, finance and enable them.

So much for Trudeau running a clean campaign - The only organized hate in Canada right now is coming from the PMO and his caucus