The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Mu denial is so sweet I don't even know what it is I am denying, explain.

Remember, for those supporting Queen Hillary's ascent to the throne, this whole Trump thing was a disaster.

Their world is coming apart at the seams.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Now if you could just figure out what I said, eh?

I’m glad you don’t have a pathological dislike of putin..

For me however ..invading Ukraine, shooting down a civilian airliner killing women and children, nerve agent attacks on allied soil, killing journalists and political opponents Is not what I admire ..not mention undermining  your sovereignty  by meddling in your elections,

But that’s just me 

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I said Russia...Putin is just one guy. You're free to hate Russia with all your soul. I'll pass.

Slithering now huh....?

of course it’s not the russian people. 60% dont have reliable basic services while putin and his oligarchs are raping the country and laundering their dirty money theorugh people like trump.

Just now, Jimwd said:

Slithering now huh....?

of course it’s not the russian people. 60% dont have reliable basic services while putin and his oligarchs are raping the country and laundering their dirty money theorugh people like trump.

I really don't care how much you hate Russia, dude.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Watch CNN enough, you'd swear they're just moments from finding that Russian collusion.

So...how's the search coming, Spock?

I read court transcripts, sentencing memos....and indictments..

you should try it.

Ann Coulter's reaction to the "compromise" of offering DACA protection in exchange for the wall should give Team Trump insight on the absolute dogmatic nature of his base. 

At this point they're all he'll have left if he keeps this charade going. 

There's video evidence of him claiming he'll take responsibility for this Shutdown, so he'll have to own it as the economy slides into recession. 

Betraying his base may be the only option left. It's not like there are a whole lot of other electable angry, racist, xenophobic liars to throw their support behind. They'll get over it. 

Or President Hannity anyone? 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Ann Coulter's reaction to the "compromise" of offering DACA protection in exchange for the wall should give Team Trump insight on the absolute dogmatic nature of his base. 

There's video evidence of him claiming he'll take responsibility for this Shutdown, so he'll have to own it as the economy slides into recession. 

Betraying his base may be the only option left. It's not like there are a whole lot of other electable angry, racist, xenophobic liars to throw their support behind. They'll get over it. 

Trump supporters have never been about ideology. This isn’t a political issue. They know he lies.they just don’t care. They put trump over country every day. The very definition of a cult.

9 hours ago, Jimwd said:

Trump supporters have never been about ideology. This isn’t a political issue. They know he lies.they just don’t care. They put trump over country every day. The very definition of a cult.

Hard to say that I am a supporter of Trump, or what Trump is selling. I think the latter part is more important. Trump the person is probably a liar and guilty of most everything they, the media, have said about him. As to all of that, yes, you are right. I don't care.

9 hours ago, Boges said:

Didn't the Dems demand this very thing not too long ago? Sounds to me like Trump is giving them what they want, so why isn't it a win for them? In other words why don't they want it now?

Because it's not about the idea, but who is selling it. Whoever provides the solution is the winner. There's no way that Dems are going to let Trump look like he's got a win, even if it means they keep the government shut down.

Meanwhile all Trump's gotta do is keep offering solutions that will make him look good, knowing the Dems cannot accept them. You've heard of an offer you cannot refuse? He's making them offers, they cannot accept. And when they refuse, he wins. Dems have no choice but to refuse, and look bad. So they now own the shutdown.

• Like 1

Trump already said many times that the fate of "dreamers" was Congress' responsibility...Obama's DACA is/was unconstitutional.    So Trump has offered to cover Congress' ass yet again on matters of illegal immigration as they refuse to act because of severe political consequences back home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Didn't the Dems demand this very thing not too long ago? Sounds to me like Trump is giving them what they want, so why isn't it a win for them? In other words why don't they want it now?

Because it's not about the idea, but who is selling it. Whoever provides the solution is the winner. There's no way that Dems are going to let Trump look like he's got a win, even if it means they keep the government shut down.

Meanwhile all Trump's gotta do is keep offering solutions that will make him look good, knowing the Dems cannot accept them. You've heard of an offer you cannot refuse? He's making them offers, they cannot accept. And when they refuse, he wins. Dems have no choice but to refuse, and look bad. So they now own the shutdown.

Temporary protection? That's just leverage to use later. 

Trump's on record as wanting to own this Shutdown, and he does. He never came down on the amount he's willing to accept for "border security". Polling shows that Trump is owning this shutdown. And he'll own the recession that comes of it, if this lasts much longer. 

And BTW how is this the transcontinental concrete wall that Trump promised? He's already broken the promise to his base. 

Ann Coulter is on Bill Maher this Friday, it'll be very interesting. 

35 minutes ago, Boges said:

Trump's on record as wanting to own this Shutdown, and he does. He never came down on the amount he's willing to accept for "border security". Polling shows that Trump is owning this shutdown. And he'll own the recession that comes of it, if this lasts much longer. 

And BTW how is this the transcontinental concrete wall that Trump promised? He's already broken the promise to his base. 

I can see Coulter running for the Republican nomination after Trump goes.  At least people will know exactly what they're getting.  She makes no secret of her homicidal loathing for liberals, even moderate ones.  It would be like Thatcher on crack.

Do we also want to address that Rudy conceded that people in the Trump Campaign probably did collude with Russia and that Trump and Cohen probably did talk about his testimony to Congress. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/17/rudy-giuliani-i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-by-trump-campaign

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-rudy-giuliani-trump-michael-cohen-20190120-story.html

They keep stepping this back. It starts with "No Collusion and no contact with Russia" and it ends with "So what if Trump colluded with Russia to win an election, that's not impeachable and certainly no crime" 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Sorry but those complex arguments don't pass the 15 second media soundbite... so Dems will lose on this one.

It seems odd that the left is more concerned about Trump breaking his campaign promises yet his supporters themselves don't seem to care at all. In fact, quite the opposite... they love the success he's had. Especially, in the face of such intense liberal adversity, making each victory, each exposition of liberal shallow depth, liberal bias, unfair influence, cheating, corruption, hypocrisy on their own talking points, all the more sweet. These liberal hotheads have nearly set themselves on fire. One more Trump victory and heads will explode! Kinda neat to watch... from a distance.

Wouldn't know about the Bill Maher show... we don't get that around here and I probably wouldn't watch anyway if we did. Point is, it means nothing to those who support the overall direction Trump is moving America in. They hope that he keeps that up as much as possible, and don't care how many whores he has or hasn't fondled.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Boges said:

Do we also want to address that Rudy conceded that people in the Trump Campaign probably did collude with Russia and that Trump and Cohen probably did talk about his testimony to Congress. 

They keep stepping this back. It starts with "No Collusion and no contact with Russia" and it ends with "So what if Trump colluded with Russia to win an election, that's not impeachable and certainly no crime" 

What we (or rather, the Americans) need to do is bring the Mueller investigation to an immediate end. It has in part contributed to this crisis in the media, by maintaining such secrecy and allowing the gossip to reach a level where people can't tell if it's real, or fake news. Mueller investigation is now part of the fake news drama, and demonstrates that it must conclude right now. The report has to be released immediately.

Hopefully that will stop people from reaching bizarre conclusions based on hysterical what-if's, and finally get some of the gossipers to shut up. Yeah right, as if! :D

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

What we (or rather, the Americans) need to do is bring the Mueller investigation to an immediate end. It has in part contributed to this crisis in the media, by maintaining such secrecy and allowing the gossip to reach a level where people can't tell if it's real, or fake news. Mueller investigation is now part of the fake news drama, and demonstrates that it must conclude right now. The report has to be released immediately.

Hopefully that will stop people from reaching bizarre conclusions based on hysterical what-if's, and finally get some of the gossipers to shut up. Yeah right, as if! :D

Well that won't happen. Trump's new AG has said he wouldn't interfere with the investigation. 

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

Well that won't happen. Trump's new AG has said he wouldn't interfere with the investigation. 

Apparently they were given an extension to complete the report, so they're on borrowed time already. And since this is now contributing to the nonsense, it's time to wind 'er down. Enough is enough.