The transgender insanity movement

Argus

30 minutes ago, Argus said:

Is that my job? I've spent the last some years expressing considerable hostility and contempt for first the Tea Party then Trump. What Left wing group have you spent any time condemning?

I condemn lots of left-wing ideas.  I asked you for one and you couldn't produce one so maybe we should move on ?

17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You would do better to rely on the BBC's version of things and not a tabloid:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-47638527

Also - since this was misgendering, the 'compelled' speech issue doesn't seem to have touched on.  But I'm thinking you may not understand 'compelled' speech as such.

That is an example of 'compelled speech'.  In my view.

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think you misunderstood.  The person was supposedly admonished for using the wrong pronoun.  Not the same as being told to use a specific word.  The difference is subtle.

That's exactly the same as using a specific word. Any pronoun aside the one that the person wants to identity with is wrong. Forcing you to use the specific term.  Sure it's not government mandated, but societal via a corporate entity that makes up it's own rules.

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

That's exactly the same as using a specific word. Any pronoun aside the one that the person wants to identity with is wrong. Forcing you to use the specific term.  Sure it's not government mandated, but societal via a corporate entity that makes up it's own rules.

You are talking about misgendering, not forced speech.  I actually agreed with Peterson on forced speech.

Forced speech means you HAVE to say the words that the government mandates.  You can't say just nothing instead.  

• 2 weeks later...

The government or anyone doesnt get to force me to pretend that a person is a different sex then what they are biologically.  And force me to refer to them in their opposite sex.  

Thats directly against my human rights.

The lefts victim flowchart heirarchy doesnt get to usurp my human rights.

10 hours ago, Donnie said:

1. The government or anyone doesnt get to force me to pretend that a person is a different sex then what they are biologically. 

2. And force me to refer to them in their opposite sex.  

3. Thats directly against my human rights.

4. The lefts victim flowchart heirarchy doesnt get to usurp my human rights.

1. No they don't.

2. If you purposely refer to people as the wrong sex, it's offensive to them.  In Canada, you are free to offend people.

3. :D It tickles me to see people running to their "rights" to be offensive.  I will defend that right, but the utility of offense is pretty much null.

4. No - but the consequences of anti-social behaviour are out there for those who are interested.

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. No they don't.

2. If you purposely refer to people as the wrong sex, it's offensive to them.  In Canada, you are free to offend people.

3. :D It tickles me to see people running to their "rights" to be offensive.  I will defend that right, but the utility of offense is pretty much null.

4. No - but the consequences of anti-social behaviour are out there for those who are interested.

I dont know if i should clip this as Im responding to all...sorry if i should've.

Im just not going to entertain mental illness.  Up until 2004 it was gender indentity disorder.  Then they changed it to gender dysphoria.  They are ill.  I want them to get the help they need.

I wouldnt say this except that the suicide rate is equal whether they pre or post op.

It's sad.

It's  akin to anyone who believes they hear voices agreeing that the voices are real.

I have a lot of compassion for those suffering.

If a man thinks hes a woman. Every chromosome is male except in his sperm.  Likewise for a woman who thinks shes a man but Y.  Again very sad

Im very compassionate to those suffering.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nobody needs to run to their rights in order to be inoffensive.  No-one is going to try and stop them being inoffensive.

2 hours ago, Donnie said:

I dont know if i should clip this as Im responding to all...sorry if i should've.

Im just not going to entertain mental illness.  Up until 2004 it was gender indentity disorder.  Then they changed it to gender dysphoria.  They are ill.  I want them to get the help they need.

My impression is the vast majority of those claiming to be transgendered are simply suffering from various other forms of mental illness and desperate for attention.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, Argus said:

Why?

That is not something I can answer.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:50 PM, Argus said:

My impression is the vast majority of those claiming to be transgendered are simply suffering from various other forms of mental illness and desperate for attention.

What I am leaning towards is simply personality types and not genders. But yes they could all be doing it for attention.

I can't wait to see more girlie man transgenders join some female hockey team. They cannot deny him. All that guy/gal whatever would have to do is nail some female on the other team up against the boards and that girl will be out for the rest of the game maybe the season with some serious bodily injury. Females could not take the banging that men can take unless that other team has a couple of body builder women playing on that team. But oh how times have changed. Come to think about it? What if some guy/gal decided that they want to be a horse that day? 

So today, I think that I am going to pretend that I am a horse and walk into some grocery store and start eating some of their apples and carrots for free. Being a horse, I have no money. So, it should be my right to do so because I felt very hungry and needed some substance. I can be what I want to be today. They can't stop me or dare try to deny a man horse from eating? That could be considered animal cruelty. If they try to stop me I will take them to the Human Rights Commission where I know that they will have my horses back and will protect my rights and then charge the owner of the store with cruelty to an starving animal and give them a hefty fine. That will teach them. :P

All kidding aside? Could this really happen today in our screwed up society? Hey, if a guy wants to be a girl one day or vice-versa, well then, anything should go, right? Just asking. 

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

That is not something I can answer.

What I am leaning towards is simply personality types and not genders. But yes they could all be doing it for attention.

It should be more like they should be getting a kick in the arse for what they are trying to do. Not get attention if that i the case. No one can deny today that the world is getting pretty close to being on the verge of insanity. To even entertain the idea that a man can be a woman or vice versa is bloody ridiculous. Only a society that is borderline insane will even give this any thought never mind allow it to be even discussed out in the open.

If some guy/gal prefers to be a man/woman that day well good for them. What I do not need is to hear all about this insanity. Keep it in the closet where it belongs with that other perversion out there. If one has a sex problem with themselves well then shut the hell up. Enough of your bs already. Works for me. 

• 1 month later...

Man finishes in 390th place in hurdles. Calls himself female and wins NCAA championship, crushing female opponents.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/man_places_390th_in_mens_hurdles_calls_himself_female_snatches_womens_ncaa_national_title.html

Edited by Argus

Craig Tefler was medio

47 minutes ago, Argus said:

Man finishes in 390th place in hurdles. Calls himself female and wins NCAA championship, crushing female opponents.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/man_places_390th_in_mens_hurdles_calls_himself_female_snatches_womens_ncaa_national_title.html

Teflor was mediocre at best now he's cleaning up... the world has gone mad and how is this fair to women.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, scribblet said:

Craig Tefler was medio

Teflor was mediocre at best now he's cleaning up... the world has gone mad and how is this fair to women.

well how does this change the female sports world, kind of ironic is it not, females have struggled most of history trying to earn equal rights, trying to earn the right to play on all male team ,such as NHL hockey, MBA baskball, even base ball , all they wanted was the chance to prove they were good enough.....Sure some have done it, very few examples though real men have never been ready for this whole thing women as good as men can you imagine, sarcastically I say...... ....and now men have figure it all out....they will take all of that and throw it out the window.....and reverse all that hard work done by female pioneers all  by just magically saying I'm a women....poof everything changes ,  so much for the Canadian women's hockey team...look out for 5 o clock shadows, jock straps, and lots of crotch grabbing, and scratching, and spitting over the bench..i mean we have to move forward right ....we now totally reversed the Russian doping squad controversy  , whats the piont in doping ...Ivan poof your a women , throw the javelin  Ivanette ....wow a new women's record.....  

Do we force straight women, or even gay women to share the same change rooms, I mean we would not want to discriminate would we, make them feel uncomfortable I mean, I'm talking about the men who claim to be women, ....we need to face this brand new world head on, those pesky straight women will just have to get use to all those balls bouncing around, or swinging penises all in the name of moving forward and LGBTQ community.....when do we draw the line....Or I'm I out of line here, what we need is some women to comment on it...maybe I 'm taking it to far, maybe it's not an issue at all.....

I don't care about sharing change rooms, I do care about women who have worked hard for years to compete with their peers then find that someone who is far stronger and faster etc. biologically is taking away their chances.   If I were one of these women I would refuse to compete, that's all they can do right now. 

I have no problem with transgender people. I knew one before and after and the after part literally changed his, or rather her life. I won't get into the details about it but to say this. If you had meet him when he was 13-14, the first thought that would have likely entered you head is, "That poor bugger should have been born a girl". Keep in mind that he came from a family that wasn't too thrilled about it either so he didn't get much support except from his parents.

It's the rest of the "gender fluidity" nonsense that ticks me off. I'm sorry but I'm NOT going to entertain somebody's delusions. Look folks, the mammalian world comes in two flavours, male and female, there is no "other".  I've also seen where this goes. Idiots who want to be a different age. Idiots who want to be animals.  Like the twit in the US. He first went through gender re-assignment surgery because he felt like a woman. Okay that's fine.  Then, she went and got tattooed and plastic surgery to giver her a dragon look because she "identified" as a dragon. This brings up a MAJOR problem. If she is mentally ill, then entertaining her delusion is only harming her more. If she isn't mentally ill and truly thinks she's a dragon and identifies as such and not a human, then she is not  protected by basic human and civil rights. Those are for humans. She's not even protected by animal rights since they only include real animals and not mythical creatures. So the question is, if leftists claim it is indeed not a mental illness, then should she be protected by human or animal rights?

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The right should be behind these people more, as they're supposed to be about freedom.   I'm ok with people wanting to be animals but that's so rare and exceptional that it can't be reasonably accommodated.  Also - who would want 'animal rights' given the poor state of protection they have ?

Freedom to what? Force society to cater to their delusions? Look, if you think you feel like you're Anne of Green Gables and dress and act like her, knock yourself out. Just don't demand everyone else play along and accommodate you. You, in fact, do NOT have that right. Look at what's happening right now. Some father in BC was recently convicted of "family violence" (my quotes) because he won't call his boy a girl, or girl a boy, I can't remember which.  That is an abrogation of free speech in favour of forced speech. I don't do forced speech and nobody is ever going to force me to. Now in the case of the transgendered, as I mentioned previously, I would respect their wishes to be called by their preferred pronoun/name. Anyone else can go f*** their hat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchairprophet said:

Freedom to what? Force society to cater to their delusions? Look, if you think you feel like you're Anne of Green Gables and dress and act like her, knock yourself out. Just don't demand everyone else play along and accommodate you. You, in fact, do NOT have that right. Look at what's happening right now. Some father in BC was recently convicted of "family violence" (my quotes) because he won't call his boy a girl, or girl a boy, I can't remember which.  That is an abrogation of free speech in favour of forced speech. I don't do forced speech and nobody is ever going to force me to. Now in the case of the transgendered, as I mentioned previously, I would respect their wishes to be called by their preferred pronoun/name. Anyone else can go f*** their hat. 

Well said. Transgender people can do what they want, but I draw the line when Transgender male-to-females steal medals at sporting events from natural born women, who have trained hard to get where they are. Why should we reward people who come in 68th place in a men's event, then break records when they have hormone replacement therapy, and win Gold in the woman's events?  If we call a spade a spade, we are labelled "Transphobic."  Enough is enough.  Ban trans-gendered athletes from competing in Olympics. 

5 hours ago, Armchairprophet said:

1. Freedom to what? Force society to cater to their delusions?

2. Look, if you think you feel like you're Anne of Green Gables and dress and act like her, knock yourself out. Just don't demand everyone else play along and accommodate you.

3. You, in fact, do NOT have that right. Look at what's happening right now.

4. Some father in BC was recently convicted of "family violence" (my quotes) because he won't call his boy a girl, or girl a boy, I can't remember which.  That is an abrogation of free speech in favour of forced speech. I don't do forced speech and nobody is ever going to force me to. Now in the case of the transgendered, as I mentioned previously, I would respect their wishes to be called by their preferred pronoun/name. Anyone else can go f*** their hat. 

1. Freedom to be who you want.  To look how you like and to... yes... pursue happiness.   

2. 'Accommodate you' meaning 'treat you with basic respect' ie. don't discriminate, assault, abuse etc.  Not much to ask.

3. You do have that right.  It's in the Canadian Human Rights Act.

4. I looked that up.  So the father wants to go on FOX News to subject his son to international ridicule and bring him into physical danger ?  Wow, he sounds like a real peach of a dad.  I would say that the court was right on that: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/legal-dispute-between-trans-child-and-father-takes-new-turn-over-freedom-of-expression

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 3:08 AM, Armchairprophet said:

This is exactly what Peterson was talking about.  'Compelled speech'. Total insanity. The person MUST be addressed by this 'pronoun' or one can risk jail time.

That is very very dangerous to our society.

33 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

This is exactly what Peterson was talking about.  'Compelled speech'. Total insanity. The person MUST be addressed by this 'pronoun' or one can risk jail time.

That is very very dangerous to our society.

You don't get it.

Telling someone to NOT use certain words isn't forced speech.  Peterson was pretty clear that he would negotiate words/pronouns with the subject person.

You always could be considered as transgressing rights by HRCs for calling someone the n-word at work for example.  That's not new.