The transgender insanity movement

Argus

8 minutes ago, DrYouth said:

I am now a fish swimming against a current... I still firmly believe that going to war with your own body is largely unadvisable... but going to war with my patients and their families that have chosen this path with the blessing of the medical system is also a folly.

The medical system of course has a bias towards biologically trying to correct emotional and spiritual problems... this is almost always at best a form of Band-Aid... but then Band-aids serve their purpose...

From what I understand, most cases of gender dysphoria in youths and children wind up going away, or transitioning into them realizing they're gay. In those case I imagine patience is the best solution. This is an individual problem and really no one else's business. BUT... when we read stories of teenage girls being told they must change with male-bodied 'girls' there, even in swimming change rooms, or when we have male-bodied 'women' sent to womens prisons, or competing with women in sports events I think we've passed the limits of societal acceptance and that this sort of thing will only engender resentment if not outright hatred.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Argus said:

From what I understand, most cases of gender dysphoria in youths and children wind up going away, or transitioning into them realizing they're gay. In those case I imagine patience is the best solution. This is an individual problem and really no one else's business. BUT... when we read stories of teenage girls being told they must change with male-bodied 'girls' there, even in swimming change rooms, or when we have male-bodied 'women' sent to womens prisons, or competing with women in sports events I think we've passed the limits of societal acceptance and that this sort of thing will only engender resentment if not outright hatred.

What disturbs me is when the medical system or the dominant culture takes the lead in "recommending" biologically intrusive interventions with long lasting consequences in children and teenagers....

Children and teenagers are very easily influenced by cultural factors.... and the culture is broadcasting these forms of medical interventions as the solution to a certain form of unhappiness.

Add to this the cultural bias that we as parents are charged with our children's happiness and that if they are unhappy WE have done something wrong... parents are pressured to "solve" the unhappiness.... DO SOMETHING! These interventions fit the bill and the waitlists for them are getting long.

We are in bizarre territory.

Edited by DrYouth
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, Argus said:

I strongly agree with your comments about patience.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, Argus said:

To show you just how vicious (and insane) transgender activists are, have a look at this story. It seems that they're not content to merely have a rape crisis centre defunded because it refused to hire men in skirts) but they're now issuing death threats and nailing dead animals to its doors.

On Tuesday, Vancouver Rape Relief & Woman’s Shelter (VRRWS) tweeted images of vandalism left on their storefront — a space used for meetings, events, and support groups. ‘Kill TERFs,’ ‘Fuck TERFs,’ ‘TERFs go home, you are not welcome,’ ‘Transwomen are women,’ and ‘Trans Power’ had been scrawled across the windows and door in black marker. ‘TERF,’ for the blissfully ignorant, is an acronym that stands for ‘trans-exclusionary radical feminist.’

https://spectator.us/trans-activism-vandalizing-womens-shelter-vancouver/

To be fair extremists come in every variation. Anti-transgender/gay people engage in the same tactics as well.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, DrYouth said:

What disturbs me is when the medical system or the dominant culture takes the lead in "recommending" biologically intrusive interventions with long lasting consequences in children and teenagers....

Children and teenagers are very easily influenced by cultural factors.... and the culture is broadcasting these forms of medical interventions as the solution to a certain form of unhappiness.

Add to this the cultural bias that we as parents are charged with our children's happiness and that if they are unhappy WE have done something wrong... parents are pressured to "solve" the unhappiness.... DO SOMETHING! These interventions fit the bill and the waitlists for them are getting long.

We are in bizarre territory.

I myself come from the school of psychology/psychiatry that believes we should leave children physically alone until after their bodies have fully matured and that until then altering their bodies is premature. I am not sure how much of being gay or wanting to be another gender is inherent in the child and how much is projected on to them by adults. Its tricky. Children should feel free not to have to worry about their gender. However we have forced them as soon as they can use a cell phone or t.v. or internet to define their gender which to me is bullshit.

We have hyper-sexualized the identity of pre-pubescent children. The innocence of children has been taken away.

I have worked with so many abused youth and children. They never heard from me what they "should" be, only what they "can" be if they so choose. All I ever did or said, we make your decisions based on positive ideals, not negative reactions. That is as far as I went. The rest was listening. Children and youth need to know they do NOT have to decide anything and they have a right to simply be what they are as they are without judgement. 

I have had my share of pedophiles, hebephiles, rapists, sadists. I have seen every kind of evil form of sexual behaviour and its consequences in the legal system. It taught me people who you think are totally destroyed can make it and come back from the unimaginable. It also taught me there are some truly absolutely evil people who will never ever be "cured" and are floating though the legal system repeating their crimes.

All most of us can try to be are non judgmental and assure those looking to us for advice that they have the gift to make positive choices all the time and that comes from first believing in themselves which comes from accepting themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scribblet said:

She's at it again and being a dick about it, wonder if she'll take the gynecologist to the HR tribunal.

Sorta like Oscar Pistorius  trying to get a pedicure.

jessicayaniv again.jpg

Why are you calling a moronic troll 'she'?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, ProudConservative said:

Yah those shemales are a little crazy.

and using that logic..... hetro-sexuals are  bigoted and imbecilic....well except for  Justin Trudeau. He was born that way.

Edited by Rue

Guest ProudConservative
3 hours ago, Rue said:

and using that logic..... hetro-sexuals are  bigoted and imbecilic....well except for  Justin Trudeau. He was born that way.

You need a strong deterance. If you don't riducule the freaks of nature, you get plenty more of them.

Guest ProudConservative
On 12/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, Rue said:

I myself come from the school of psychology/psychiatry that believes we should leave children physically alone until after their bodies have fully matured and that until then altering their bodies is premature. I am not sure how much of being gay or wanting to be another gender is inherent in the child and how much is projected on to them by adults. Its tricky. Children should feel free not to have to worry about their gender. However we have forced them as soon as they can use a cell phone or t.v. or internet to define their gender which to me is bullshit.

We have hyper-sexualized the identity of pre-pubescent children. The innocence of children has been taken away.

I have worked with so many abused youth and children. They never heard from me what they "should" be, only what they "can" be if they so choose. All I ever did or said, we make your decisions based on positive ideals, not negative reactions. That is as far as I went. The rest was listening. Children and youth need to know they do NOT have to decide anything and they have a right to simply be what they are as they are without judgement. 

I have had my share of pedophiles, hebephiles, rapists, sadists. I have seen every kind of evil form of sexual behaviour and its consequences in the legal system. It taught me people who you think are totally destroyed can make it and come back from the unimaginable. It also taught me there are some truly absolutely evil people who will never ever be "cured" and are floating though the legal system repeating their crimes.

All most of us can try to be are non judgmental and assure those looking to us for advice that they have the gift to make positive choices all the time and that comes from first believing in themselves which comes from accepting themselves.

Some people are told go get help, but the people their getting help from can be far worse, than the patients themselves. Some pycologists have gone crazy themselves listening to certain patients with problems. There also also many counselors just sitting their for a paycheck, trying to maximise sessions, instead of developing a program to treat them.

Edited by ProudConservative

12 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

You need a strong deterance. If you don't riducule the freaks of nature, you get plenty more of them.

Bull crap. People who ridicule others usually fear being ridiculed so they do it first...or they have unresolved issues about themselves for  smoking cigars.

Edited by Rue

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not really.  The Supreme Court ruling covers employment discrimination.  I can't imagine anyone thinking a transgender person should be fired for being transgender.  The ruling did not cover the social aspects of transgender discrimination, nor discrimination based on religious grounds.  On NPR today they covered those issues and said further rulings would be needed.

Given the OP talked about freedom of speech, sporting events, and male rapists being sent to women's prisons, I don't think the Supreme Court had the insanity stuff in mind when they issued the ruling.

20 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

1.  I can't imagine anyone thinking a transgender person should be fired for being transgender. 
2. The ruling did not cover the social aspects of transgender discrimination, nor discrimination based on religious grounds.    On NPR today they covered those issues and said further rulings would be needed.
3. Given the OP talked about freedom of speech, sporting events, and male rapists being sent to women's prisons, I don't think the Supreme Court had the insanity stuff in mind when they issued the ruling.

1. That was an easy Google... 
https://www.freedomforallamericans.org/advocate-entrepeneur-aydian-dowling-i-was-fired-for-being-transgender/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/30/there-is-no-protection-case-of-trans-woman-fired-after-coming-out-could-make-history
https://www.stetson.edu/law/lawreview/media/when-steve-is-fired-for-becoming-susan-why-courts-and-legislators-need-to-protect-transgender-employees-from-discrimination.pdf
2. That sounds bizarre to me.  When has the court ever ventured there ?  Are they citing this as a way of saying that this was not a real victory ?  If so, can anyone show me an example, or a court ruling that says individuals can't choose to be racist, or religions have to admit women, LGBTQ, or people of colour or other religions ?
3. That seems correct.  IOW the transgender 'insanity' movement is not insane.  It's mainstream freedom, set in law.  Our time of quiet hysteria can now pass...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That was an easy Google... 
https://www.freedomforallamericans.org/advocate-entrepeneur-aydian-dowling-i-was-fired-for-being-transgender/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/30/there-is-no-protection-case-of-trans-woman-fired-after-coming-out-could-make-history
https://www.stetson.edu/law/lawreview/media/when-steve-is-fired-for-becoming-susan-why-courts-and-legislators-need-to-protect-transgender-employees-from-discrimination.pdf
2. That sounds bizarre to me.  When has the court ever ventured there ?  Are they citing this as a way of saying that this was not a real victory ?  If so, can anyone show me an example, or a court ruling that says individuals can't choose to be racist, or religions have to admit women, LGBTQ, or people of colour or other religions ?
3. That seems correct.  IOW the transgender 'insanity' movement is not insane.  It's mainstream freedom, set in law.  Our time of quiet hysteria can now pass...

1) I meant I can't imagine the mindset.  Obviously, if I was listening to the reports on the radio today I would know about the funeral home employee.  And the sky diver. Although he was fired for being gay.  I can't remember the others, but I think there were at least two.

2) They seemed to think it was important.  They were quite emphatic that this was a major victory, up there with the gay marriage decision a few years back.  They think the fight is not over yet, though.  What is bizarre about it?  Maybe transgender people need wedding cakes.  They certainly need to use the washroom occasionally.

3) The transgender insanity movement is quite insane.  The transgender equality movement is not.  One shouldn't mix the two.

Edited by bcsapper

8 hours ago, bcsapper said:

They seemed to think it was important.  They were quite emphatic that this was a major victory, up there with the gay marriage decision a few years back.  They think the fight is not over yet, though.  What is bizarre about it?  Maybe transgender people need wedding cakes.  They certainly need to use the washroom occasionally.

2) The transgender insanity movement is quite insane.  The transgender equality movement is not.  One shouldn't mix the two.

1) Ok, I think that I see now what is meant by social.

2) I see.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 6:00 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I want public messages to raise awareness of abuse against targeted groups.  I want people to care.

Public messages stating "love thy neighbor' or 'do unto others' would be a far better idea.  The problem with awareness campaigns is they mushroom.  Any group who feels disadvantaged in anyway has the same right to public awareness messages.  And there is nothing uplifting about messages depicting abuse. 

• 5 weeks later...