Canada 51st state

The press puts this is a much different context - when they talk about it at all. What it truly is, is the absorption of Canada by the United States.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say No to Deep Integration with the United States!

Join the Red and White Ribbon Campaign for Canadian Sovereignty

version française de cette page

Background

Canadian, U.S., and Mexican elites, including CEOS and politicians, have a plan to create common North American policies and further integrate our economies.

This plan goes by various names:

Deep Integration

Harmonization

NAFTA-plus

the "Big Idea" (C.D. Howe Institute)

the "North American Security and Prosperity Initiative" (The Canadian Council of Chief Executives)

Americanization

More at Vive le Canada Website

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good place to read about this:

CEOs Sell Out The Nation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 09 2005 @ 10:34 AM MDT

Contributed by: 4Canada

Views: 157

CEOs sell out the nation

By murray dobbin

Publish Date: 7-Apr-2005

After almost three years of quiet lobbying and political manoeuvring, Canada’s corporate elite recently went very public with its future blueprint for Canada. The initiative goes by various names: “deep integration”, the Big Idea, and now, in its formal political incarnation, the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America. That’s the name of the agreement signed by the leaders of Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. on March 23 that would begin the process of economic, social, cultural, and security assimilation into the U.S. If it sounds vaguely familiar, it may be because Paul Martin simply took a Bay Street scheme—called the Security and Prosperity Initiative—and made it into Canadian policy without so much as thinking about what Canadians might want.

Martin knows what Canadians want, and that is almost certainly why he didn’t want to consult them. Poll after poll reveals that Canadians have different values than Americans, and those differences mean we want less integration with the U.S., not more.

Bay Street’s annexation initiative is led by Tom d’Aquino, president of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives, made up of the CEOs of Canada’s 150 most powerful corporations. It was called the Business Council on National Issues until the CEOs decided, given that they were all global operators, that there were no national issues and changed their name.

D’Aquino and his partners in a corporate task force, former deputy prime minister John Manley and former finance minister Michael Wilson, tell us that by integrating ever more into the U.S. we will somehow guarantee our prosperity, creating fortress North America to compete with China, Europe, and other competitors.

straight.com for more.

I think my target will be a one way trip to Venezuela.

Hey Hugo! Coming to ya!

NB: Venezuela is the one country in the Americas that is actually standing up to American imperialism. The rest of the OAS is rallying around Hugo Chavez, its President.

P.S. Don't believe the US propaganda that he's a communist dictator - they just hate him because he won't sell the country to the US like a good little South American banana republic.

the usa wants canada as a state because of our land mass. and oil. and seafood. and lumbar. i mean come off it they look up to us. but they dont respect us. if there was a way to let them know we are not all rednecks well............... mabey then theyed it our beef. but our government has to stand up for our selfs and halt u.s. imports intill they alow beef in to the states agin.

The press puts this is a much different context - when they talk about it at all. What it truly is, is the absorption of Canada by the United States.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say No to Deep Integration with the United States!

Join the Red and White Ribbon Campaign for Canadian Sovereignty

version française de cette page

Drivel.

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of American politics would know that the very last, last thing the US government (currently Republican) would want is thirty million left of centre voters who would all be voting Democrat. As for the notion the US wants to absord all those tens of millions of poverty stricken Latinos in Mexico, that is so utterly laugahble it deserves no real response.

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of American politics would know that the very last, last thing the US government (currently Republican) would want is thirty million left of centre voters who would all be voting Democrat. As for the notion the US wants to absord all those tens of millions of poverty stricken Latinos in Mexico, that is so utterly laugahble it deserves no real response.

I agree with the sentiment Argus, if not the numbers.

Not suprising - the press doesn't talk much about the James Bay and James Bay II projects - flooding huge tracts of land to supply power to the US.

http://www.american.edu/TED/james.htm

Nor do they mention the intention to use those projects to create a massive watershed designed to pipe water to the US.

http://www.uwec.edu/grossmzc/GOSSEJP/

Canada has vast natural resources which the USA would love to have direct control over. Oil, water, power, wood, its all here.

the usa wants canada as a state because of our land mass. and oil. and seafood. and lumbar. i mean come off it they look up to us. but they dont respect us. if there was a way  to let them know we are not all rednecks well............... mabey then theyed it our beef. but our government has to stand up for our selfs and halt u.s. imports intill they alow beef in to the states agin.

Ya don't flatter yourself, that's the last thing they want. They have us right where they want us. A small country full of resources with a working population that has no political influence. It's perfect. Why would they ever want to add to themselves such a liability of whining, leftist voters. Canada is even too liberal for the Dems. I think they'd take Alberta maybe, that's it.

We're already on our way there. The United States already takes care of our national defense, next thing you know we'll be exchanging our money for US dollars and it will be sold on the idea that we need to compete with the Euro.

It's not very close to happening, but it's not as far-fetched as one may think.

the usa wants canada as a state because of our land mass. and oil. and seafood. and lumbar.

I'm all for the exchange of our oil and even our seafood. But I will fight with all my strength to protect the sovereignty of my lumbar.

-k

The last time I checked, the US does not want our lumber and this American refusal to take our lumber is making people like PatM very angry.

The Americans are damned if they want something from us and damned if they don't want something.

I'm all for the exchange of our oil and even our seafood. But I will fight with all my strength to protect the sovereignty of my lumbar.

-k

I'm in favour of a sovereign lumbar as long as it remains associated with the rest of me.

• 11 months later...

Hey folks. I just would like to kickstart this topic (it's been 365 days since the last post) as there is a particular document that should be listed here, and discussed.

It is the agenda of the taskforce on the future of North America which was leaked to the public in Feb '05

You can read about it at canadians.org

An interesting, though perhaps coincidental development was the recent gathering of the heads of the American, Canadian, and Mexican States -- about a month ago, just after 2 Canadian tourists were killed in Mexico)

Anyways, I'm hoping someone here can find some new updates on all this.

Thanks,

AHni

It's my contention that only the Third World War (or Fourth, for those who count the Cold War as the Third) will provide enough incentive for Canada and the US to combine politically. I believe for a number of reasons that another European conflagration will occur within my lifetime, so I may yet live to see the day where my citizenship is changed to reflect my participation in a pan-North American political entity, for better or for worse.

I agree with the sentiment Argus, if not the numbers.

Considering that 30 million democrat voters would keep the Republicans out of the White House for the forseable future and that they are fighting to get rid of the poverty striken Mexicans illegally entering the US, its hard to believe that any agenda like this is ongoing.

You can see it taking place in corporate Canada as well. The US companies are buying huge stakes in Canadian owned companies, or trying to buy them outright. Tims Hortons is now owned by an American, as other former canadian iconic franchises.

The take over happens in many sublte ways, but keep your eyes open and you will see the changes. More are to come.

You can see it taking place in corporate Canada as well. The US companies are buying huge stakes in Canadian owned companies, or trying to buy them outright. Tims Hortons is now owned by an American, as other former canadian iconic franchises.

The take over happens in many sublte ways, but keep your eyes open and you will see the changes. More are to come.

Couche Tarde owns huge swaths of convenience retail space in the US. It's second only to 711 in ownership of US stores. International ownership goes both ways. Which, I guess, only increases the integration of our economies.

Here's a valid question.

What does everyone think would become of us if we did become the 51st-63rd states?

What do you think would happen?

- West Virginia parts 2 to 14. Large, rugged and sparcely populated landscapes prized primarily for their natural resources.

- Corporate headquarters drain out of Toronto and Montreal. Movie making companies drain out of Toronto and Vancouver.

- American Armed Forces pull out of Europe and East Asia to populate new bases in former Canada.

- Reliably Democratic voting patterns for the foreseeable future.

- Official Bilingualism, Health Canada Act, Kyoto obligations etc. all go out the window. Former Provinces required to maintain current healthcare spending for a preset length of time, after which their obligations to maintain healthcare spending become an matter of state law.

- Day to day life of 99% of Canadians unchanged.