2nd Terrorist attack on a Country Music Venue this year.

Just over a year after the terrorist attack in Vegas, another country music venue was targeted in the US. This time in California.

I wonder why those kind of crowds get targeted:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/22/msnbcs_donny_deutsch_if_you_vote_for_trump_you_are_ripping_children_from_parents_arms.html These morons act like Trump was the first president in power when adults and children were separated at the border. Hint: if you don't want to get separated from your children, don't bring them with you when you commit crimes.

Honest to god, watching CNN is like drinking stupidity and division from a firehose. People watch that stuff and go out and terrorize people in their homes, send terrorist crap through the mail, shoot people at baseball games, etc. 

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Just over a year after the terrorist attack in Vegas, another country music venue was targeted in the US. This time in California.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/22/msnbcs_donny_deutsch_if_you_vote_for_trump_you_are_ripping_children_from_parents_arms.html These morons act like Trump was the first president in power when adults and children were separated at the border. Hint: if you don't want to get separated from your children, don't bring them with you when you commit crimes.

Honest to god, watching CNN is like drinking stupidity and division from a firehose. People watch that stuff and go out and terrorize people in their homes, send terrorist crap through the mail, shoot people at baseball games, etc. 

The separation of children happened under Obama's reign but yet those leftist liberal actors and activists liars at CNN, MSNBC and the CBC never bothered to point that out. Trump changed that and the children have all been reunited with their criminal illegal parents. So true that watching CNN is like drinking from the fountain of stupidity. Yet there are so many that love drinking that stupidity. 

I have to wonder also as to why they will go and shoot innocent people. Why don't these morons go and attack some police station or army barracks instead. Not that I want to encourage this but why don't these morons try and attack some cop shop or military base. They will gladly help the mental retards to leave this earth for good with less casualty's. These cowardly batards who kill innocent people and then they commit suicide should have their bodies taken to a garbage dump and left there for the rats and seagulls to have for lunch. Maybe if those morons out there see that this is what will happen to their bodies if they do a crazy thing like this and be told live on TV that they are nothing more than cowardly scumbags maybe they will think twice about going out and killing innocent people. It would appear as though these losers want to get recognized for their killings for some insane reason. Don't give them that chance. Hey, you never know, it may work. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Just over a year after the terrorist attack in Vegas,

What terrorist attack was that?  I'm not aware of any official authority in any official capacity determining terrorism was involved.  Lots of terror for sure but a terrorist is a pretty specific designation that denotes a pretty specific reason for being one, almost always political and all too often retaliatory in nature.  People who use the term terrorist in a semantically reckless and careless manner, especially when inserting it into the launch of a putatively serious discussion, risks looking...you know. 

Honest to god, watching CNN is like drinking stupidity and division from a firehose. People watch that stuff and go out and terrorize people in their homes, send terrorist crap through the mail, shoot people at baseball games, etc

Is it fair to conclude you think the left-wing is as responsible for this shooting as you do for the shooting in Pittsburgh?  Is it more responsible than any other factors? How much more exactly?  

45 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What terrorist attack was that?  I'm not aware of any official authority in any official capacity determining terrorism was involved.  Lots of terror for sure but a terrorist is a pretty specific designation that denotes a pretty specific reason for being one, almost always political and all too often retaliatory in nature.  People who use the term terrorist in a semantically reckless and careless manner, especially when inserting it into the launch of a putatively serious discussion, risks looking...you know. 

Is it fair to conclude you think the left-wing is as responsible for this shooting as you do for the shooting in Pittsburgh?  Is it more responsible than any other factors? How much more exactly?  

It would be fair for me to say that this shooting is the result of (insert any baseless allegation here), because that’s the new standard for “serious discussion” in North America, thanks to CNN.

Eyeball do you ever chime in when CNN says something stupid like “Trump’s anti-Semitism is to blame for this shooting”?

No. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that Trump isn’t an anti-Semite, but you’ll gobble up anything they say and then you’ll defend it. 

Who else but but the left wing would attack a pro-NRA crowd with bump stocks? This California shooting is the same thing, just without the bump stock.

The hateful, fear-mongering rhetoric from CNN carries far more blame for this event than any connection that can possibly be made between Trump and Pittsburgh. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The hateful, fear-mongering rhetoric from CNN carries far more blame for this event than any connection that can possibly be made between Trump and Pittsburgh. 

CNN certainly seems to be hell-bent on getting people very agitated, with their never-ending hyperbole.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Honest to god, watching CNN is like drinking stupidity and division from a firehose.

I see it more as CNN promoting blatant lies and misinformation, than mere stupidity. And I also suspect that somebody with an agenda and lots of money is paying for this airtime.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

It would be fair for me to say that this shooting is the result of (insert any baseless allegation here), because that’s the new standard for “serious discussion” in North America, thanks to CNN.Eyeball do you ever chime in when CNN says something stupid like “Trump’s anti-Semitism is to blame for this shooting”?

No. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that Trump isn’t an anti-Semite, but you’ll gobble up anything they say and then you’ll defend it. 

Well, I don't watch CNN and what would be particularly stupid is to gobble up your interpretation of what they say.

As i said earlier, I blame a political climate that's been heating up for a couple of decades now - a climate that Trump has an obvious albeit oblivious tendency for cranking the heat up in.  There's no call, reason or justification for you to misconstrue what I hold accountable and why.  Trump is merely a symptom of a sick political system/culture, not the cause of the disease, and any suggestion that a flake like Trudeau made this mess worse than Trump is, well...need I really say it again?

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

CNN certainly seems to be hell-bent on getting people very agitated, with their never-ending hyperbole.

I see it more as CNN promoting blatant lies and misinformation, than mere stupidity. And I also suspect that somebody with an agenda and lots of money is paying for this airtime.

Isn't that the normal business model for generating a profit in a gigantic privately owned media empire?  It's no surprise these things are also usually owned by individuals and corporate giants that also own and operate massive horizontally integrated conglomerates. These build and influence public sentiments towards their interests by means of the information they feed their audience thru their media holdings.

Please don't tell me this is all news to you, because that would be kind of depressing.

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It would be fair for me to say that this shooting is the result of (insert any baseless allegation here), because that’s the new standard for “serious discussion” in North America, thanks to CNN.

Eyeball do you ever chime in when CNN says something stupid like “Trump’s anti-Semitism is to blame for this shooting”?

I am going to take a guess and say that Eyeball does not watch CNN. So no, hard to call something out that you are not aware of.  But perhaps maybe you need to put CNN down and try some news sources that won't hurt your brain.

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

No one here has called Trump an anti-semite.

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I fail to see the connection between this article you posted and the notion of a terrorist attack in California.  What am I missing?

On 11/9/2018 at 8:34 PM, eyeball said:

Well, I don't watch CNN and what would be particularly stupid is to gobble up your interpretation of what they say.

As i said earlier, I blame a political climate that's been heating up for a couple of decades now - a climate that Trump has an obvious albeit oblivious tendency for cranking the heat up in.  There's no call, reason or justification for you to misconstrue what I hold accountable and why.  Trump is merely a symptom of a sick political system/culture, not the cause of the disease, and any suggestion that a flake like Trudeau made this mess worse than Trump is, well...need I really say it again?

Shocked to find out you’re not a CNN junkie, their rhetoric is right up your alley.

There’s no political climate that’s been heating up for decades. Everything happening now is all part of a much larger cycle that you’re oblivious to. 

What right do you have to be offended when people misconstrue anything you say or believe? Your last reply to me was nothing but a straw man argument. If you want the respect of a decent conversation the first thing you have to do is honestly read and understand what people write, and reply properly or stay silent. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 7:50 AM, GostHacked said:

I am going to take a guess and say that Eyeball does not watch CNN. So no, hard to call something out that you are not aware of.  But perhaps maybe you need to put CNN down and try some news sources that won't hurt your brain.

No one here has called Trump an anti-semite.

I fail to see the connection between this article you posted and the notion of a terrorist attack in California.  What am I missing?

If you’re not up to speed with the national discourse re: this attack then why don’t you get up to speed yourself? I’m not here to lead you by the hand.

The connection between that article and the attack is obvious if you understand how humans are manipulated to commit dirty deeds. If you don’t, then I won’t enlighten you because you don’t strike me as the kind of person who should have that kind of knowledge.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Shocked to find out you’re not a CNN junkie, their rhetoric is right up your alley.

Wait, were you not Mr. Canada at one time? Your shtick looks and sounds familiar.  And you must be reading something else when you look at eyeball's posts.

There’s no political climate that’s been heating up for decades. Everything happening now is all part of a much larger cycle that you’re oblivious to. 

Of all people, eyeball is absolutely not oblivious to it.

What right do you have to be offended when people misconstrue anything you say or believe? Your last reply to me was nothing but a straw man argument. If you want the respect of a decent conversation the first thing you have to do is honestly read and understand what people write, and reply properly or stay silent. 

This whole site has been chock full of this shit from many members.  You are among them. So please, take your own advice.

Edited by GostHacked

8 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Wait, were you not Mr. Canada at one time? Your shtick looks and sounds familiar.  And you must be reading something else when you look at eyeball's posts.

Of all people, eyeball is absolutely not oblivious to it.

This whole site has been chock full of this shit from many members.  You are among them. So please, take your own advice.

I’m not the former mr. Canada but I’m not upset to be drawing comparisons to people you don’t see eye to eye with.

Not surprisingly, you guys are “unaware” of the things that you’re oblivious to. That’s the nature of the beast. Trying to understand things from a broader perspective, or to at least consider facts and opinions that don’t instantly mesh with your narrative are important and you’re both steadfastly against rational dialogue. Whenever you guys find yourselves making straw man arguments or baseless accusations, etc you should take a moment to let some cognitive dissonance set in. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Like I said, wtf are babbling about now?

Straw man huh, sort of like where you tried to make a point based on your sense that I'm a CNN junkie?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Like I said, wtf are babbling about now?

Straw man huh, sort of like where you tried to make a point based on your sense that I'm a CNN junkie?

That’s not a straw man argument. Go look up the definition of straw man argument if you don’t lnow what it is. 

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I’m not the former mr. Canada but I’m not upset to be drawing comparisons to people you don’t see eye to eye with.

Not surprisingly, you guys are “unaware” of the things that you’re oblivious to. That’s the nature of the beast. Trying to understand things from a broader perspective, or to at least consider facts and opinions that don’t instantly mesh with your narrative are important and you’re both steadfastly against rational dialogue. Whenever you guys find yourselves making straw man arguments or baseless accusations, etc you should take a moment to let some cognitive dissonance set in. 

That's a shit load of speculation on your part as to what I watch and how I think.  All of it wrong.

This shooting has spawned, perhaps, the most telling indictment of the NRA. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/11/666762890/after-nra-mocks-doctors-physicians-reply-this-is-our-lane

A mocking tweet from the National Rifle Association has stirred many physicians to post on social media about their tragically frequent experiences treating patients in the aftermath of gun violence.

"Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane," the NRA tweeted on Thursday. "Half of the articles in Annals of Internal Medicine are pushing for gun control. Most upsetting, however, the medical community seems to have consulted NO ONE but themselves."

"We are not anti-gun: we are anti-bullet holes in our patients," Esther Choo, a doctor and professor of emergency medicine at Oregon Health & Science University, repliedon Twitter. "Most upsetting, actually, is death and disability from gun violence that is unparalleled in the world."

I would like to graciously extend the invitation to the author of this tweet and anyone else from the NRA to join me at the hospital the next time I care for a child who has been hurt or killed by a gun that wasn't safely stored or was an innocent bystander," tweeted Jeannie Moorjani, a pediatric doctor in Orlando.

The NRA are staffed by morons. 

Edited by Boges

On 11/9/2018 at 6:17 PM, WestCanMan said:

I wonder why those kind of crowds get targeted

What the hell does this have to do with CNN? The guy in Vegas and this guy were both right wing gun nuts. They most likely were FOX addicts like yourself.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, OftenWrong said:

FOX has spent the last several days telling people about the election fraud the evil Democrats are trying to engineer in Florida, basically trying to make Americans hate each other. The blathering asshole Republican politicians are going on FOX repeatedly to declare fraud but with no evidence. The Republican governor has monitors in with the people doing the recounts and they have reported nothing. But FOX breathlessly reports every error made as criminal fraud (unless made in their favor). I wonder if FOX isn't actually attempting to get Americans so furious at each other it provokes violence so they have more breathless news to drive ratings. Certainly we can see the impact on the weak minded, like some of the idiots on this site.

Just now, Argus said:

FOX has spent the last several days telling people about the election fraud the evil Democrats are trying to engineer in Florida, basically trying to make Americans hate each other. The blathering asshole Republican politicians are going on FOX repeatedly to declare fraud but with no evidence. The Republican governor has monitors in with the people doing the recounts and they have reported nothing. But FOX breathlessly reports every error made as criminal fraud (unless made in their favor). I wonder if FOX isn't actually attempting to get Americans so furious at each other it provokes violence so they have more breathless news to drive ratings. Certainly we can see the impact on the weak minded, like some of the idiots on this site.

You're a FOX viewer, eh?

:lol:

4428a5f80507273513767f540c6888cb.jpg.3869841e523750c202d74e75777c14bf.jpg

13 minutes ago, Argus said:

We're entering a phase of human history where people get to pick their own facts. 

Trump says he doesn't know Matthew Whittaker. There's audio evidence of him saying he likes him and he's been to the Oval Office several times? FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, Boges said:

This shooting has spawned, perhaps, the most telling indictment of the NRA. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/11/666762890/after-nra-mocks-doctors-physicians-reply-this-is-our-lane

The NRA are staffed by morons. 

When they say “gun violence that is unparalleled in the world” they’re forgetting about every other factor involved in crime and quality of life.

Every country in the Middle East has a lower quality of life. Murders are committed different ways. Acid and kerosene attacks are a thing that doesn’t even exist in the us. 

Africa is rampant with rape and machete attacks. More people have died in the Congo’s civil wars than died in WWI and II combined, and Somalia is the same.

In Asia there are a couple places with a standard of living close to the US. That’s it, but if you count the occasional genocide and the tendency towards authoritarianism in the Asian equation it’s a mess. 

Europe is really the only place that can brag, but that won’t last long. Europe is on the downhill.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

When they say “gun violence that is unparalleled in the world” they’re forgetting about every other factor involved in crime and quality of life.

Every country in the Middle East has a lower quality of life. Murders are committed different ways. Acid and kerosene attacks are a thing that doesn’t even exist in the us. 

Africa is rampant with rape and machete attacks. More people have died in the Congo’s civil wars than died in WWI and II combined, and Somalia is the same.

In Asia there are a couple places with a standard of living close to the US. That’s it, but if you count the occasional genocide and the tendency towards authoritarianism in the Asian equation it’s a mess. 

Europe is really the only place that can brag, but that won’t last long. Europe is on the downhill.

Ok then compare murder and gun crime rates to other First World Nations. I'll hang up and listen. 

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That’s not a straw man argument. Go look up the definition of straw man argument if you don’t lnow what it is. 

It sure as fuck is a straw man and just about the flimsiest one I've seen. You assume I do something in the absence of any evidence and then proceed from there. You know what they say about people who assume shit they know nothing about.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Every political action prompts an equal and opposite reaction, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

It sure as fuck is a straw man and just about the flimsiest one I've seen. You assume I do something in the absence of any evidence and then proceed from there. You know what they say about people who assume shit they know nothing about.

1) Your swearing isn't cool or scary, it's just lowering the level of discussion here.

2) A straw man is the intention mischaracterization or fabrication of a debate opponent's argument to make it appear silly, and/or so that you can defeat it with an argument that makes more sense. Case in point: 

eyeball said in the pittsburgh massacre thread: "you said Trudeau was responsible for the Pittsburgh massacre."

That's the epitome of a straw man argument. I said "The fact that hate speech against Jews in Canada and the US is legal (thanks Justa Traitor) has no doubt contributed to this disgusting incident taking place."

That was an intentionally false and misleading representation of what I said.

You also said this in the same thread: 

First you said he refused to comment now you're saying he did in fact gave an answer.

Again, not true at all. I said that he refused to comment on the actual Al Quds day speech. I was correct. He didn't voluntarily comment, and when he was asked to comment on that speech he did not. Instead he made a general comment about the Libs condemning all hate speech and he neglected to even say that the speech in question fell under the general category of "hate speech". 

3) I wasn't crazy to assume that you were a CNN junkie because your talking points mirror theirs. You might get them from MSNBC, Huffington Post, AJ+ etc, but it's the same BS. You also defended CNN by dressing up their talking points to make them seem rational:

Well Democrats aren't exactly lefties but in any case what's being blamed is an overheated political climate that Trump is merely adding fuel too.

That's not the case at all. They were referring to "Trump's anti-Semitism" as being a leading cause of the attack in Pittsburgh. That's nothing like "he's adding fuel" to an overheated political climate.

Your go-to debate tactic is to misrepresent statements made by other people in order to either discredit or defend them, to help advance your narrative. A discussion with you is like herding cats. Just constantly trying to get back on track.