Saudi Arabia expells Canadian ambassador

On 10/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, DogOnPorch said:

The real challenge is how to get all the rest of the Muslim Brotherhood to visit a Saudi consulate.

;)

The challenge is for Trump to call the Saudis out on this matter. But he won't as the same thing with Canada, it's about the money made off selling weapons to Saudi Arabia.

Can we blame this on Russia too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

The challenge is for Trump to call the Saudis out on this matter. But he won't as the same thing with Canada, it's about the money made off selling weapons to Saudi Arabia.

We? 

Don't include me in your wee Islamic weapon sales fests. I'd prefer the Third World Arab armies still being on camels with ancient muskets that explode when fired. Then WE could join the FFL and expect a victory after a hard fought battle...just like Beau Geste. 

Instead WE have this Islamic terrorism bull sheet. 

As for Russia...remember, we'd all be celebrating Herman Goering's birthday without 'em.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Selling weapons to Saudi Arabia is smart. They have the loot, and they will definitely be able to buy weapons somewhere. Might as wll make a ton of money off of it instead of jumping on a pedestal, and in the process stop the Saudis from building a relationship with bad actors like NoKo, Russia or China.

Also, the stuff they’re buying now is one or two generations old. If they’re ever brought to bear against modern US military equipment they’ll get wiped out. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the Americans can disable foreign F-16’s over the internet.

This journalist is one of hundreds killed in the last ten years. In his death he’s become a political pawn, a tool for the Democrats to use against Trump.

Anyone dumb enough to be openly critical of MBS and stroll around Saudi Arabia without a care in the world isn’t worth starting an international dispute over. This wasn’t international espionage, it was Darwinism.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:29 PM, eyeball said:

These people were conscripted?

That’s your take from that whole post? Gimme a break.

And FYI no one said they were conscripted. They just had no choice but to go...

When you’re a member of the armed forces and your unit gets the tap on the shoulder, you go. You don’t stay home in protest and let your friends go into battle without you. You go. Betraying your unit is out of the question. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

When you’re a member of the armed forces and your unit gets the tap on the shoulder, you go. You don’t stay home in protest and let your friends go into battle without you. You go. Betraying your unit is out of the question. 

So is betraying our country's values, none of which include following or sucking up to dictatorships or allies that support dictatorships.

If you want to, do it on your own dime. Buy war bonds and put your own money where your mouth is.

You'll never take this away from my posts because you don't pay attention to what's in them and more importantly why.

Edited by eyeball

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

So is betraying our country's values, none of which include following or sucking up to dictatorships or allies that support dictatorships.

If you want to, do it on your own dime. Buy war bonds and put your own money where your mouth is.

You'll never take this away from my posts because you don't pay attention to what's in them and more importantly why.

What's in your posts is your opinions, nothing more. If you want our military to follow your marching orders then win an election. 

You talk about betraying our country's values, but taking care of our vets is at the top of the "values" list.

FYI our energy needs are too high to take a "zero tolerance" stance against the whole middle east. We have to play in that sandbox, regardless how much poop gets thrown around. So we deal with the more moderate countries, or the more powerful ones that will be of some help.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Selling weapons to Saudi Arabia is smart. They have the loot, and they will definitely be able to buy weapons somewhere. Might as wll make a ton of money off of it instead of jumping on a pedestal, and in the process stop the Saudis from building a relationship with bad actors like NoKo, Russia or China.

Also, the stuff they’re buying now is one or two generations old. If they’re ever brought to bear against modern US military equipment they’ll get wiped out. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the Americans can disable foreign F-16’s over the internet.

This journalist is one of hundreds killed in the last ten years. In his death he’s become a political pawn, a tool for the Democrats to use against Trump.

Anyone dumb enough to be openly critical of MBS and stroll around Saudi Arabia without a care in the world isn’t worth starting an international dispute over. This wasn’t international espionage, it was Darwinism.

Okay, this has to be called out.  Trump has done a fine job of going after harmless allies, but when it comes to anything important, such as taking Russia to task for invasion and election meddling or taking the Saudis to task for human rights abuses, he cowers.  Trump is WRONG to support the Saudis.  Forget the money.  Don't sell them arms and don't let them buy arms.  Instead, send aircraft carriers to the Gulf to remind them who's boss and tell them that if they don't clean it up on human rights, they may face invasion.  Ditto if they try to do major arms purchases from anyone.  Forget the corrupt Saudi billions.  We don't need their oil anymore.  Time to take a hard line with these bad actors.  

On 10/19/2018 at 9:29 PM, eyeball said:

These people were conscripted?

Yah you have made it clear..phack soldiers who come back injured they chose their profession...now you post such crap in this thread too...tell me do you think they asked to come back home maimed, injured, etc.? What in  your world firemen who get burned choose to because they choose to be firemen? They deserve to get exposed to cancerous chemicals and die because they chose to bevfiremen? . Police choose to get shot at and deserve to die because they chose that profession? Teachers, nurses, doctors, deserve to get attacked and injured because they chose their professions? 

Hey now we should get read of WSIB while we are at it. Screw anyone who is injured working. Drive a car...Hey die..Why should someone come and help you in an accident, you chose to drive

Go pose your stupid comments to someone else and respond to the thread. Stop using it as yet another opportunity to piss on soldiers.

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Okay, this has to be called out.  Trump has done a fine job of going after harmless allies, but when it comes to anything important, such as taking Russia to task for invasion and election meddling or taking the Saudis to task for human rights abuses, he cowers.  Trump is WRONG to support the Saudis.  Forget the money.  Don't sell them arms and don't let them buy arms.

Excuse me, but what do you think Canada has been doing to hold the Saudis accountable...stern scolding on America's Twitter ?

Nope....delivery of amoured personnel carriers to Saudi Arabia continues from the defense contractor in Ontario...because...money.

Saudi oil is still imported into Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Okay, this has to be called out.  Trump has done a fine job of going after harmless allies, but when it comes to anything important, such as taking Russia to task for invasion and election meddling or taking the Saudis to task for human rights abuses, he cowers.  Trump is WRONG to support the Saudis.  Forget the money.  Don't sell them arms and don't let them buy arms.  Instead, send aircraft carriers to the Gulf to remind them who's boss and tell them that if they don't clean it up on human rights, they may face invasion.  Ditto if they try to do major arms purchases from anyone.  Forget the corrupt Saudi billions.  We don't need their oil anymore.  Time to take a hard line with these bad actors.  

Instead of lecturing Trump alone lecture evey nation that does business with Saudi Arabia including us because if you don't your selectivity renders your call out defective. By the way all you trendy leftists jumping on the cause of the week ....where the phack have you been about Saudi Arabia, Iran, the Arab League nations that to this day gave been killing theirvregime opponents... why the sudden concern? Do you mean to suggest you have no idea what Iran et all are doing? Tell me when Justin Trudeau's brother living off the family trust did a documentary applauding Iran's theocracy where were you all?

Where the phack have you been as hundreds of journalists have been killed and tortured in Arab League nations? 

Which one of you trend of the week liberal guilt types cares about the thousands of students being tortured in Iran?

What Saudi Arabia did is a continuation of what they have been doing since Britain created this kingdom.

I love you selective trendy leftists suddenly notice it kills it's opponents. Good God your band wagon timing is a joke.

Trump is a who're to business interests of course. How is Trudeau any different...The entire world's economies are generated by military sales. Its why trendy leftists live the lifestyles they do.

Get back to me when you band wagon jumpers hold all countries to your guilt of the week standards.

Edited by Rue

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

What's in your posts is your opinions, nothing more. If you want our military to follow your marching orders then win an election. 

What's in my money that the government wants to commit to its military adventures is my conscience. My opinion is that the government should either require a super-majority obtained in a referendum before committing it or sell war bonds to finance it - including all the other associated costs...like paying reparations and caring for veterans.    

You talk about betraying our country's values, but taking care of our vets is at the top of the "values" list.

You think selling weapons to dictators is smart.   AFAIC you have no values, certainly none worth spending money on to defend. Taking care of vets who aspire to defend your values is definitely at the bottom of my list unless of course they've been conscripted and actually had their choice to refuse taken away from them.

FYI our energy needs are too high to take a "zero tolerance" stance against the whole middle east. We have to play in that sandbox, regardless how much poop gets thrown around. So we deal with the more moderate countries, or the more powerful ones that will be of some help.

Screw that opinion and the worthless horse it rode in on.

Edited by eyeball

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You know how it is... he wiĺl be the first to use his status to avoid service but demand it serve him..

Edited by Rue

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Go barf up a rope.

You came on this thread to suggest soldiers do not deserve sufficient assistance on their re-entry to Canada because they  chose their profession. You were told that made as much sense as saying a fireman does not deserve assistance when burned because he chose to be a fireman. Of course you responded as you did. You have no idea how to defend your idiotic contention so you name call. I expect that from you.

Next you also can't grasp the point West made so engaged in similar childish response.

The point made wasvSaudi Arabia does not do business solely with the US. It buys weapons from Canada, China, Russia, other countries.

Erdogan of Turkey now pisses on Saudi Arabia but had no problems borrowing money from it.

I would suggest he uses this latest murder to detract from the ones he engages in, in his own country.

The same Erdogan has killed journalists and political opponents in his country and has imprisoned many more and now holds the Saudis to a level he openly flaunts.

As for you, your timing  as to when you choose to wear your righteous, is pointless.

You already show cerebral irritations and other manifestations of orally transmitted phenomena that appear to be impacting on your political immunity system. 

Edited by Rue

41 minutes ago, Rue said:

Instead of lecturing Trump alone lecture evey nation that does business with Saudi Arabia including us because if you don't your selectivity renders your call out defective. By the way all you trendy leftists jumping on the cause of the week ....where the phack have you been about Saudi Arabia, Iran, the Arab League nations that to this day gave been killing theirvregime opponents... why the sudden concern? Do you mean to suggest you have no idea what Iran et all are doing? Tell me when Justin Trudeau's brother living off the family trust did a documentary applauding Iran's theocracy where were you all?

Where the phack have you been as hundreds of journalists have been killed and tortured in Arab League nations? 

Which one of you trend of the week liberal guilt types cares about the thousands of students being tortured in Iran?

What Saudi Arabia did is a continuation of what they have been doing since Britain created this kingdom.

I love you selective trendy leftists suddenly notice it kills it's opponents. Good God your band wagon timing is a joke.

Trump is a who're to business interests of course. How is Trudeau any different...The entire world's economies are generated by military sales. Its why trendy leftists live the lifestyles they do.

Get back to me when you band wagon jumpers hold all countries to your guilt of the week standards.

I’ve been saying it since I came on this site.  I called out Iran too.  Canada stood up publicly against bad Saudi behaviour.  Much more powerful America won’t do it.  Continue trolling.  

2 hours ago, Rue said:

You came on this thread to suggest soldiers do not deserve sufficient assistance on their re-entry to Canada because they  chose their profession.

No, you're a lying bullshitter.

I said the people who chose to send them should pay for their assistance.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve been saying it since I came on this site.  I called out Iran too.  Canada stood up publicly against bad Saudi behaviour.  Much more powerful America won’t do it.  Continue trolling.  

Canada stood up to nothing....continue dealing with the Saudis....for far less.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

What's in my money that the government wants to commit to its military adventures is my conscience. My opinion is that the government should either require a super-majority obtained in a referendum before committing it or sell war bonds to finance it - including all the other associated costs...like paying reparations and caring for veterans.    

You think selling weapons to dictators is smart.   AFAIC you have no values, certainly none worth spending money on to defend. Taking care of vets who aspire to defend your values is definitely at the bottom of my list unless of course they've been conscripted and actually had their choice to refuse taken away from them.

Screw that opinion and the worthless horse it rode in on.

You only see things from your own pov. You have an emotional reaction to things and all you think about when you make a decision is your current state of mind. 

It takes more than that to be a leader. You have to look ahead, and you can’t have your country be so isolationist that they just stand on the sidelines virtue signalling while changes are happening all around. 

Saudi Arabia WILL BUY WEAPONS. That’s a fact. The profits made by the country that sells them weapons will go into research and development, or other things. Might as well get that money instead of NoKo, China or Russia. The country that sells them the weapons will be selling them parts for the next 30+ years (that’s the real money), OR THE HAVE THE OPTION TO NOT SELL THEM PARTS, thus aiding in the quick demise of their military hardware. The country that sells them the weapons also has the biggest voice in their ear. And if you don’t sell them weapons, you force them to spend their billions on their own R&D, which is worse in the long run. The last thing we want is Saudi Arabia and Iran becoming superpowers. 

If our government ever decides to completely turn it’s back on our veterans there will be more than just demonstrations or riots. 

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Aren’t you the guy that says the US invades too many countries?

Do you honestly think it’s prudent to stare down S Arabia with the imminent threat of bombs and then start a huge beef with Russia or China when they start selling the Saudi weapons? You would just be forcing those countries into a strong alliance with each other. That’s the worst military strategt ever... the exact opposite of divide and conquer lol.

We just bombed Iraq, Syria is a smoking hole, we hate Iran almost half as much as they hate religious freedom, Turkey is quickly becoming an enemy of western values, there are other middle eastern countries like Yemen that are our enemies as well... once the Saudis are our enemies who’s left in the middle east? Do you want to just flatten the whole damn region?

17 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Excuse me, but what do you think Canada has been doing to hold the Saudis accountable...stern scolding on America's Twitter ?

Nope....delivery of amoured personnel carriers to Saudi Arabia continues from the defense contractor in Ontario...because...money.

Saudi oil is still imported into Canada.

Saudi Oil is so precious that it’s allowed to be transported by tankers on our coastline, and it can be transported by pipelines through our country. God forbid we do the same with our own oil. 

On 10/20/2018 at 6:31 PM, DogOnPorch said:

We? 

Don't include me in your wee Islamic weapon sales fests. I'd prefer the Third World Arab armies still being on camels with ancient muskets that explode when fired. Then WE could join the FFL and expect a victory after a hard fought battle...just like Beau Geste. 

Instead WE have this Islamic terrorism bull sheet. 

As for Russia...remember, we'd all be celebrating Herman Goering's birthday without 'em.

Wait, when did I support selling weapons to Saudi Arabia??  Quote it or shut the fuck up.

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Aren’t you the guy that says the US invades too many countries?

Do you honestly think it’s prudent to stare down S Arabia with the imminent threat of bombs and then start a huge beef with Russia or China when they start selling the Saudi weapons? You would just be forcing those countries into a strong alliance with each other. That’s the worst military strategt ever... the exact opposite of divide and conquer lol.

We just bombed Iraq, Syria is a smoking hole, we hate Iran almost half as much as they hate religious freedom, Turkey is quickly becoming an enemy of western values, there are other middle eastern countries like Yemen that are our enemies as well... once the Saudis are our enemies who’s left in the middle east? Do you want to just flatten the whole damn region?

The Saudis have been bankrolling and providing the anti-American framework for the Sunni Middle East for decades.  They manipulate oil prices through OPEC and hang an unspoken sword of terror over the U.S..  Who is in control here?  You can point to the sale of Canadian light armoured vehicles to the Saudis as problematic and hypocritical.  It is and it should stop.  However, that's a drop in the bucket compared to U.S. military sales to the Saudis.  What do you think the  Saudis will do with all of these arms in the event that their neighbours or any perceived foreign enemy becomes a target for the Saudi Kingdom?  I thought the U.S. had landing strips in their territory.  If the U.S. can't cut off arms sales and trade (of arms from other countries) to the Saudis, that doesn't say much for U.S. hard power.  What's worse, Trump seemed to tacitly encourage the Saudis to make power plays in the region, presumably as a retort to the warming of relations between the U.S. and Iran under Obama.  The Saudi involvement in Yemen has been declared a human rights crisis.  If the U.S. is pumping so much of its oil and Canada has such a massive oil supply (albeit not the sweet crude), why cow-tow to these bad actors?  It was Saudi nationals that flew planes into the World Trade Centre.  C'mon!