Who will win World Cup Soccer in Russia?

With all the big teams already out it makes it easier for weaker teams like England to have a chance and revive their 1966 WC dreams. Although have to be said said that some of their fans act like a complete jack a$$ and bunch of to$$ers...

So far all my predictions turned out wrong...Germany, Spain, Brazil are all out. Croatia is definitely one of those teams to watch out. To me Belgium Vs. France already looks like a final even though it is semi final. The WC title is still up for grab by any of the 6 nations including the minnows Russia and England.

• Thanks 1

When are they going to replay the Colombia-game? You know, Colombians have signed a petition to FIFA that the game must be replayed because they lost and that is not acceptable.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kactus said:

Common bc. They have surpassed the complacency threshold;)

True.  Even at 2-0 they kept coming forward.  Good to see for an old time England fan.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, capricorn said:

In my defence let me say that I'm a soccer novice. :lol:  There have been notable upsets ie Germany, so perhaps I have a chance.

I like beer. Win or lose, enjoy.

Cheers and congrats!

Oh dear I have to do something about that beer girth drinking all those pints....:P

I saw a video where Putin played on piano “it’s coming home its’ coming home football’s coming home” 

14 minutes ago, kactus said:

Cheers and congrats!

Oh dear I have to do something about that beer girth drinking all those pints....:P

I saw a video where Putin played on piano “it’s coming home its’ coming home football’s coming home” 

Thanks. Oh beer...GULP...GULP...GULP  haaaaa....

Er re Putin, Is he searched before mingling with the players...must not take a chance...you know....toxins and all.  :huh:

Croatia did play really well and as for Russia imagine if they had beaten Croatia. No doubt Putin would have definitely politicised the win and made a big deal out of it.

Besides it would have killed the spirit of WC fever and literally 'choked' fans after the Novichok saga...

I am kind of thinking that Belgium might just win over France but then again I was wring about all my other predictions....Let's see!

Europe will take a 12-9 lead over titles after this WC. Unlikely that Europe will ever be caught again. Brazil still remains the most successful single country and may continue to be in the future as well.

If England wins the tournament we'll hear about it for next 52 years.

However, seems that there is no fear of that happening as the French seem to be above everyone else. Rather France than Brazil for me anyday. When Brazil gets knocked out any tournament is saved.

• Like 1

Is this really a moment of deja vu? It was exactly 28 years ago when England played West Germany in Italy WC final. There is Croatia to contend with before getting into final. But it’s within reach...

Ahhh....a bit of nostalgia from that era that finds itself in New Order....

Common En ger land!:P

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

If England wins the tournament we'll hear about it for next 52 years.

Yes I agree it would be among the worst outcomes. The insufferable Anglo-pansies would have no end of pleasure and happiness if they should win. Buncha peacocks, they'd be hard to put up with at work...   :D

Edited by OftenWrong
added mocking emoticon

On 6/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

We will be in the most watched sporting event in the next few weeks, happening once every 4 years. Who do you think will win the World Cup Soccer in 2018?

My bet goes to Brazil. And yours?

England. :)

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes I agree it would be among the worst outcomes. The insufferable Anglo-pansies would have no end of pleasure and happiness if they should win. Buncha peacocks, they'd be hard to put up with at work...   :D

Nonsense!  We'll be our usual, magnanimous selves.  After a short period of modest, dignified celebration of course.  Perhaps with a cup of tea.