Israel's Discriminatory so-called Justice System

marcus

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's right...winner gets to hold war crimes trials...even if they firebombed German civilians.

Many US generals acknowledged that some of their actions like the Dresden firebombing, covering up rapes and killing of civilian refugees in Europe, and likely even the lighting up of two Japanese cities with the new nuclear bombs...mostly to just see what would happen...all this would have resulted in war crimes trials if the shoe was on the other foot. 

The big difference today is that ever since Bush II, the US has felt less and less need to follow any international rules of conduct...and this made Trump an inevitability more than an accident of history.

Just now, WIP said:

...The big difference today is that ever since Bush II, the US has felt less and less need to follow any international rules of conduct...and this made Trump an inevitability more than an accident of history.

There is no difference today...the root causes of conflict and wars remain the same.    Bush Doctrine was same as Churchill Doctrine...and many in between.    PM Chretien bombed Serbia...because he wanted to.

Israel will engage any threat just as the UK, Canada, and USA have done many more times, even when not directly threatened (e.g. "Responsibility to Protect").

2 hours ago, WIP said:

I'll assume you disagreed with the Nuremberg Trials after WWII then! The Nazis didn't play by rules of warfare either.

Israel seems to be taking a page out of the Nazi playbook.   Now we should end this kind of retarded rhetoric now.  Calling any side Nazis is counter productive and won't solve a fucking thing.

7 hours ago, betsy said:

Boy, how stupid can we get?   When we're at war with terrorism - you say we should follow rules???

YOUR OPPONENT IS NOT PLAYING BY ANY RULES!

Your opponent isn't playing by any rules.....and you make up rules to tie yourself up with it??? :lol:

Israel is not playing by the rules either.  We can talk , illegal settlement, carving up of the Palestninian land with the roads. Restricting their movement in their own land. Materials embargo, ect ect ect.  Rules are broken on all sides often.

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Israel seems to be taking a page out of the Nazi playbook.   Now we should end this kind of retarded rhetoric now.  Calling any side Nazis is counter productive and won't solve a fucking thing.

Israel is not playing by the rules either.  We can talk , illegal settlement, carving up of the Palestninian land with the roads. Restricting their movement in their own land. Materials embargo, ect ect ect.  Rules are broken on all sides often.

By whose rules????

Anyway, I'm talking warfare rules.  As an example,  does Hamas - or jihadists - wear uniforms?  They don't!   They blend with the civilians!

Here are the rules!

Distinction between Civilians and Combatants
Rule 1
. The parties to the conflict must at all times distinguish between civilians
and combatants. Attacks may only be directed against combatants. Attacks must
not be directed against civilians. [IAC/NIAC

https://www.icrc.org/eng/assets/files/other/customary-law-rules.pdf

The military uniform distinguishes the members of armed forces from
the rest of the population. In international armed conflicts, members of the
armed forces can lawfully take part in combat on the battlefield. Inversely,
they can be lawfully attacked. The absence of a military uniform usually indi-
cates that a person is a civilian, is therefore not allowed to perform military
functions and must not be attacked.

Rules are broken on all sides often.

So....you're trying to justify Hamas using people as shields?    See what I mean? 

You folks are..... enablers of terrorism.

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, betsy said:

So....you're trying to justify Hamas using people as shields?    See what I mean? 

Cool it with the make belief world. 

You are arguing something that is not there.

The latest protests are not violent. These people are protesting being put into an open-aired cage and Israel is picking them off with snipers. Then we have the useful idiots trying to justify Israel's war crimes.

There is no human shield. There are people who live in a hopeless condition, trapped by a racist colonial state, who has stolen their land and they are being blamed for getting picked off by snipers.  

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, marcus said:

The latest protests are not violent. These people are protesting being put into an open-aired cage and Israel is picking them off with snipers. Then we have the useful idiots trying to justify Israel's war crimes.

There is no human shield. There are people who live in a hopeless condition, trapped by a racist colonial state, who has stolen their land and they are being blamed for getting picked off by snipers.  

Hamas, Islamic Jihad and other factions, he said, are part of the Palestinian people, and those killed at the fence were making a legitimate civil protest while unarmed.

"This does not authorize the Israeli army to slaughter them. Did anyone of them carry a weapon or endanger a soldier?" said the official. 

On Tuesday, Israeli security forces said that at least 24 out of the 62 Palestinians killed during Monday's protests on the Gaza border were militants – most of them members of Hamas and some of Islamic Jihad.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/50-of-dead-in-gaza-protest-were-hamas-activists-says-hamas-official-1.6094899

At the fence?   You don't go to the fence if your intentions are civil.

Furthermore, the fact that Islamic jihadists are among the various factions of "protesters" is reason enough for the Israeli soldiers to do what they did.  You don't wait for jihadists to make their move.

The violence started with the hoisting of Palestinian flags.  The Palestinians had breached the condition that no Palestinian flags will be hoisted.

A protest against the opening of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem turned violent on Monday when police charged the crowd after demonstrators hoisted Palestinians flags.

As U.S. and Israeli officials attended the inauguration ceremony of the controversial diplomatic mission in the southern Jerusalem neighborhood of Arnona, police officers tore flags from protesters’ hands, using force on several occasions.

Rosenfeld said the protest had been coordinated in advance with police and that an agreement had been reached that no Palestinian flags would be hoisted.

Israeli police often ban Palestinian flags at protests, on the grounds that they incite crowds to violence.

The demonstration was held a few hundred meters from the site of the new embassy, which was formerly the city’s U.S. Consulate.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/.premium-u-s-embassy-protest-in-jerusalem-turns-violent-1.6091477

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, marcus said:

There is no human shield.

Here are the human shields!

Many came to peacefully demonstrate, bringing their children and carrying flags.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/gaza-protests-take-off-ahead-of-new-us-embassy-inauguration-in-jerusalem/2018/05/14/eb6396ae-56e4-11e8-9889-07bcc1327f4b_story.html?utm_term=.09020705098a

And here are the monsters who are encouraged by anti-semites to keep doing what they do to other human beings.

But the protests appeared to have a more violent edge than in previous weeks. Some young men brought knives and fence cutters. At a gathering point east of Gaza City, organizers urged protesters over loudspeakers to burst through the fence, telling them Israeli soldiers were fleeing their positions, even as they were reinforcing them. 

Israeli snipers were determined not to allow a breach, and ambulances soon began screaming back and forth from the fence as gunshots rang out. No Israeli soldiers were injured, though, and Israel drew widespread condemnation for an excessive use of force. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/gaza-protests-take-off-ahead-of-new-us-embassy-inauguration-in-jerusalem/2018/05/14/eb6396ae-56e4-11e8-9889-07bcc1327f4b_story.html?utm_term=.09020705098a

It was a deliberate attack by the enabled Islamists terrorists.   Israel - like any other nation - can use whatever force they deem necessary to defend their borders.   No one can put a limit as to how a nation should defend itself.   Like I say, national security isn't a hockey game.  You can all scream "excessive force" till your lungs give out.   There is no such thing as "foul"  when you're defending your own.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, marcus said:

For 11 years now, they have been resisting the occupation through peaceful protests. 

Look at the photo-ops.  They always show young people and children.  It's beginning to be stale - and the shock factor is now diminishing because people get used to these photo-ops.  Heck, some jihadists even put bombs on children. 

When people get disensitized seeing children getting blown up.....what will they use next?  The disabled?

5 hours ago, betsy said:

When people get disensitized seeing children getting blown up.....what will they use next?  The disabled?

?

Why are you so confused about what is happening and why can you not keep the story straight?

No children have been used to blow-up anyone in Gaza. You are once again creating this make-belief world and want to pass it as fact.

There is absolutely no room in our civilized society for defending Israel's practice of shooting unarmed protesters. You are part of a group that enables violence and human rights violations. Time to side-step you religious zealots who believe in the rapture and all of the b.s. that goes along with it. 

42 minutes ago, marcus said:

?

Why are you so confused about what is happening and why can you not keep the story straight?

No children have been used to blow-up anyone in Gaza. You are once again creating this make-belief world and want to pass it as fact.

Something seems to be lost to you.  You don't need to see anyone actually getting blown up - human shields don't have to be blown up.  They're there to prevent any retaliation from Israel.  I gave you a news source.

Islamic jihadist are known to use children for bombings,  like the Boko Haram.......and the latest incidents of families blowing themselves up in Indonesia.   And, Hamas had used children as shields, in order to win sympathy.

There is absolutely no room in our civilized society for defending Israel's practice of shooting unarmed protesters. You are part of a group that enables violence and human rights violations. Time to side-step you religious zealots who believe in the rapture and all of the b.s. that goes along with it. 

I'm not using my Christianity as an argument, but I do know why you have to bring that up.  :)   Time to raise the Christian card.

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

I'm not using my Christianity as an argument, but I do know why you have to bring that up.  :)   Time to raise the Christian card.

You certainly use your Christian values to guide the thinking behind your disgusting arguments.

46 minutes ago, betsy said:

Something seems to be lost to you. 

You are lost and you are trying to take others with you.

Israel is shooting unarmed protesters and medics who are trying to save them. 

Stop defending illegal, inhumane acts betsy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marcus said:

You are lost and you are trying to take others with you.

Israel is shooting unarmed protesters and medics who are trying to save them.

Israel is shooting armed, violent protesters and the medics who support their violence at the border.

They could save themselves by not attacking Israel.

17 hours ago, betsy said:

Negative. I am not the one attacking anyone nor am I advocating for anyone to attack anyone else.  Both sides have committed crimes.  I am not that fucking stupid or naive to believe it is JUST one side causing all the issues. 

17 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Israel is shooting armed, violent protesters and the medics who support their violence at the border.

They could save themselves by not attacking Israel.

Israel keeps expanding. With the settlements carving up the West Bank, where the fuck does anyone expect them to go? Anywhere Palestinians go, they are treated as cattle in an open air prison, while Isreali's enjoy the high life in heavily armed settlements with road infrastructure also carving up the landscape to make it easier for Isreali's to settle the land and displace Palestinians. The Israeli government supports the expansion into the West Bank 100%. There is just no denying it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Negative. I am not the one attacking anyone nor am I advocating for anyone to attack anyone else.  Both sides have committed crimes.  I am not that fucking stupid or naive to believe it is JUST one side causing all the issues. 

Yep, it was one side during that USA embassy inauguration protest.  It was the Palestinians who were aiming to turn it violent.

It's one-sided when one side just want to annihilate you because they believe you shouldn't exist at all.  Israel has all the right to be aggressive! 

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Israel keeps expanding. With the settlements carving up the West Bank, where the fuck does anyone expect them to go? Anywhere Palestinians go, they are treated as cattle in an open air prison, while Isreali's enjoy the high life in heavily armed settlements with road infrastructure also carving up the landscape to make it easier for Isreali's to settle the land and displace Palestinians. The Israeli government supports the expansion into the West Bank 100%. There is just no denying it. 

Where should the Palestinians go?  That's their effing problem, isn't it?   They're stupid enough to say Israel doesn't have the right to exist at all - and yet, when push comes to shove, they can't go anywhere?   Who got them in that situation?  :lol:

On 5/27/2018 at 1:03 AM, marcus said:

And the rightwing zionist talking point used to justify shooting demonstrators, doctors and even at children through a chainlink fence, is to claim Hamas is using them as human shields again. Rightwingers like Betsy, who soak up this propaganda would have blamed Martin Luther King and other church leaders for the police assault on the Edmund Pettis Bridge more than a century ago by this logic!

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Where should the Palestinians go?  That's their effing problem, isn't it?   They're stupid enough to say Israel doesn't have the right to exist at all - and yet, when push comes to shove, they can't go anywhere?   Who got them in that situation?  :lol:

You're Israeli allies! And your racism is as offensive as your complete ignorance of history!

23 hours ago, GostHacked said:

And we shouldn't forget, it's not only about the land! The exploitation and overuse of available water supplies is the other major crime going on in the occupied territories...especially Gaza..which will be completely out of potable water in a couple more years.

3 minutes ago, WIP said:

And we shouldn't forget, it's not only about the land! The exploitation and overuse of available water supplies is the other major crime going on in the occupied territories...especially Gaza..which will be completely out of potable water in a couple more years.

So you mean that Israel's land theft and resource exploitation would be the same as in Canada/USA ?  (Some First Nations already lack potable water.)

So why the double standard ?

9 minutes ago, WIP said:

Rightwingers like Betsy, who soak up this propaganda would have blamed Martin Luther King and other church leaders for the police assault on the Edmund Pettis Bridge more than a century ago by this logic!

You can bet she'd have given a jolly old LOL at Dharasana Satyagraha too

American journalist Webb Miller was an eye-witness to the beating of satyagrahis with steel tipped lathis. His report attracted international attention:

Not one of the marchers even raised an arm to fend off the blows. They went down like ten-pins. From where I stood I heard the sickening whacks of the clubs on unprotected skulls. The waiting crowd of watchers groaned and sucked in their breaths in sympathetic pain at every blow.

Those struck down fell sprawling, unconscious or writhing in pain with fractured skulls or broken shoulders. In two or three minutes the ground was quilted with bodies. Great patches of blood widened on their white clothes. The survivors without breaking ranks silently and doggedly marched on until struck down. When every one of the first column was knocked down stretcher bearers rushed up unmolested by the police and carried off the injured to a thatched hut which had been arranged as a temporary hospital.

There were not enough stretcher-bearers to carry off the wounded; I saw eighteen injured being carried off simultaneously, while forty-two still lay bleeding on the ground awaiting stretcher-bearers. The blankets used as stretchers were sodden with blood.

At times the spectacle of unresisting men being methodically bashed into a bloody pulp sickened me so much I had to turn away....I felt an indefinable sense of helpless rage and loathing, almost as much against the men who were submitting unresistingly to being beaten as against the police wielding the clubs...

Bodies toppled over in threes and fours, bleeding from great gashes on their scalps. Group after group walked forward, sat down, and submitted to being beaten into insensibility without raising an arm to fend off the blows. Finally the police became enraged by the non-resistance....They commenced savagely kicking the seated men in the abdomen and testicles. The injured men writhed and squealed in agony, which seemed to inflame the fury of the police....The police then began dragging the sitting men by the arms or feet, sometimes for a hundred yards, and throwing them into ditches.[7][8]
Miller's first attempts at telegraphing the story to his publisher in England were censored by the British telegraph operators in India. Only after threatening to expose British censorship was his story allowed to pass. The story appeared in 1,350 newspapers throughout the world and was read into the official record of the United States Senate by Senator John J. Blaine.[9]

Wiki

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WIP said:

You're Israeli allies! And your racism is as offensive as your complete ignorance of history!

No, maybe it is your ignorance of history. I am not certainly an Israeli ally as my posting history shows in THIS thread however, history shows a very violent brutal invasion to their West and East centuries ago by a certain race (i don't name the race so that I am not accused of being racist) residing in today's Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Jordan resulting in destruction of many civilizations. The invasion resulted in cultural oblitration and one based on the fact that after conquer everything belong to them including women. What d you expect these people will do to Israelis when they massacre their own people (Assad, Saddam and others). Israel has the right to defend itself against violence and oblitration intended by extremists.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015