Disaster in Florida

Putting this in politics because of this:

Rush Limbaugh Evacuates Hurricane Irma

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/media/rush-limbaugh-evacuates-hurricane-irma/index.html

Limbaugh, who stressed he is not a meteorologist, told his national audience on Tuesday that he believed the press was hyping coverage of Hurricane Irma to "advance this climate change agenda."

The comments from Limbaugh prompted immediate scrutiny. Famed "Today Show" meteorologist Al Roker wrote on Twitter that Limbaugh was "putting people's lives at risk."

The fake-news millionaire has now fled his lair, indicating once again that these demagogues are not beacons of truth, but rather dangerous clowns cashing in on ignorance.  

I have friends who apparently are not evacuating, and some who have.  I wish Floridians the best, and hope that somehow the beacons of falsehood are killed by the (media) storm. 

Edited by Michael Hardner

Sheez, he always was/is good with the hyperbole, haven't heard him for a long time.   Mind you, the other side is just as bad, take Daily Kos for example, it's almost as if they suspect Trump of having that hurricane machine going in the WH basement.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/25/1693142/-Hurricane-Harvey-poised-to-disproportionately-impact-blacks-in-Texas-but-no-one-is-talking-about-it

then there's this - guess Trump is really busy with that hurricane making machine

hurricane theories.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dre said:

Im surprised that I havent seen all the conservative religious nitwits coming out of the closet to describe these storms as gods punish for having but sex!

No surprise. The conservatives leave all the bull chit for the liberals out there who just love to spread crap. It comes so natural to them like Bill Nye the Science global warming bull chit guy or Al Gorky. 

It's worse than that...one of Hollywood's mental midgets is blaming hurricanes on Trump:

•  

Jennifer Lawrence is facing backlash online for suggesting that monster hurricanes that just devastated Texas and another nearing Florida may have been prompted by Donald Trump becoming president.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/jennifer-lawrence-suggests-storms-mother-natures-rage-49705968

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, scribblet said:

Sheez, he always was/is good with the hyperbole, haven't heard him for a long time.   Mind you, the other side is just as bad, take Daily Kos for example, it's almost as if they suspect Trump of having that hurricane machine going in the WH basement.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/25/1693142/-Hurricane-Harvey-poised-to-disproportionately-impact-blacks-in-Texas-but-no-one-is-talking-about-it

then there's this - guess Trump is really busy with that hurricane making machine

hurricane theories.jpg

Another dumb brainless twit of a liberal which makes one wonder as to how she got this far in life with so little. 

20 hours ago, scribblet said:

hurricane theories.jpg

Hahahaha :lol:

Now I understand about the hurricane machine! :lol:

Trump must've gotten himself an earthshaker - he just did an 8.1 earthquake in Mexico!  Because of Nafta?  Or, the Wall?  :lol:

Edited by betsy

Psshh, it hit Cuba harder.   They might not even be 100 billion dollars worth of damage.  That being said, FEMA probably won't have enough money to give $10,000 to each applicant looking for flood damage relief - that is unless they raise the debt ceili- Oh wait its all good, just print more money.

35 minutes ago, ZenOps said:

Psshh, it hit Cuba harder.   They might not even be 100 billion dollars worth of damage.  That being said, FEMA probably won't have enough money to give $10,000 to each applicant looking for flood damage relief - that is unless they raise the debt ceili- Oh wait its all good, just print more money.

They will still make out better with FEMA than they would in Cuba...or Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/natural-disasters-flooding-insurance-canada-1.4281597

On 09/09/2017 at 7:55 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's worse than that...one of Hollywood's mental midgets is blaming hurricanes on Trump:

Maybe the Hollywood's mental midget used to visit this forum and got the idea that President Trump could fix anything which even every other president before him had failed to fix, from Trump supporters' posts here of course . So she blamed Trump for the hurricanes because if he had the ability to stop the disasters but failed to act, why shouldn't he be blamed:lol:

cf3c97bfc75703a848e76880d9f4c8c1.jpg

Edited by xul

On 10/09/2017 at 7:54 AM, betsy said:

It's those blasted Hunger Games!  Shrinks the brain, you know.

Honestly, I think the brains of most Americans had already shrunk to much before The Hunger Games novel/movie so they couldn't understand the true meaning of the story.

You just go to a Walmart store and try to find anything which is made in America, you will know what I'm saying.

In THG story,  the ruler The Capitol eventually lost to the districts because it heavily depended on districts to sustain its living standard.

The U.S., if you go into a Walmart store, you will find out that US is just as same as The Capitol in THG story.

american-flag-made-in-china.jpg

Edited by xul

35 minutes ago, xul said:

Honestly, I think the brains of most Americans had already shrunk to much before The Hunger Games novel/movie so they couldn't understand the true meaning of the story.

You just go to a Walmart store and try to find anything which is made in America, you will know what I'm saying.

In THG story,  the ruler The Capitol eventually lost to the districts because it heavily depended on districts to sustain its living standard.

The U.S., if you go into a Walmart store, you will find out that US is just as same as The Capitol in THG story.

american-flag-made-in-china.jpg

:rolleyes:

What's Walmart got to do with this?  I'm talking about air-head Jennifer Lawrence (who would've thought?)  So disappointed in that girl....

Besides....we got our Walmart too, you know.  Add Tim Horton to that!  And our pathetic Sears - who behaved worst than the Capitol in THG! 

Lol, freakin' anti-Americans surely are out to lunch.  :lol:  Methinks, they're simply green with envy.

Edited by betsy

9 minutes ago, betsy said:

:rolleyes:

What's Walnmart got to do with this?  Besides....we got our Walmart too, you know.  Add Tim Horton to that!  And our pathetic Sears - who behaved worst than the Capitol in THG! 

If I was a conservative politician and addressed my Canadian rancher voters like: "if you go into the washroom  of a Liberal club, you will find out how many drug suckers there", I was not referring to the problem of the washroom or the club or even the drug suckers but the fault of Liberal Party.

The shelves of Walmart are just the symbol of the fall of American manufacture industry. If somebody whose job makes him to access more complicated information, he will know the situation may be worse.

d8f0ba2f6dc591ab7cbf2d889a2c88e2.jpg

1 hour ago, xul said:

If I was a conservative politician and addressed my Canadian rancher voters like: "if you go into the washroom  of a Liberal club, you will find out how many drug suckers there", I was not referring to the problem of the washroom or the club or even the drug suckers but the fault of Liberal Party.

The shelves of Walmart are just the symbol of the fall of American manufacture industry. If somebody whose job makes him to access more complicated information, he will know the situation may be worse.

d8f0ba2f6dc591ab7cbf2d889a2c88e2.jpg

Forget what I said!

Gee, all I did was refer to Lawrence:

'Blame Trump!' Outrage as Jennifer Lawrence claims Hurricane Harvey and Irma are Mother Nature's revenge on President for his attitude towards global warming

Who would've thought that would unleash a hurricane of anti-Walmart tirade!  :D

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, xul said:

Honestly, far more Chinese and other nationals have emigrated to the United States than Americans going to China.

Maybe all the death and destruction in China from earthquakes, flooding, wildfires, typhoons, and landslides scares them away.

disaster-events-pp-7-728.jpg?cb=12948763

Edited by bush_cheney2004

6 hours ago, betsy said:

Gee, all I did was refer to Lawrence:

Who would've thought that would unleash a hurricane of anti-Walmart tirade!  :D

From the link you posted, these are her original words:

It's also scary to know, that climate change is due to human activity, and we continue to ignore it, and the only voice that we really have is through voting, And we voted and it was really startling.

You know you're watching these hurricanes now, and it's really hard especially while promoting this movie, not to feel mother nature's rage and wrath.

Lawrence only stated 2 things:

1. Americans continue to ignore the consequence of climate change by voting Trump.

2.By watching these hurricanes, she felt how much damage could be made by mother nature's rage and wrath.

What's wrong with a comment like this? I can't see in where she blamed Trump for these hurricanes.

For example, just assume J-Law was a German in 1930s:

J-Law: It's also scary to know, that Hitler has stated that he will start wars and commit genocide against other nations, and German continues to ignore it by voting him to power;

J-Law: By watching these footages of Nanjing Massacre, I can feel how far fascism will go in a war.

Then, Hitler's stormtroopers begin to unleash the hurricane of burning J-Law's movies because Joseph Goebbels's tabloid told them that J-Law framed their beloved Fuhrer responsible for Nanjing Massacre...:rolleyes:

If J-Law was a German in 1930s, her movies would be burned like this by Fuhrer's fans:lol:

Edited by xul

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Honestly, far more Chinese and other nationals have emigrated to the United States than Americans going to China.

After the Battle of Moscow, almost till to the end of the war, Hitler's soldiers still managed to kill far more Russians than being killed by Russians. But if Hitler and his generals were wise, they would have figured out that the tide had already been moving against them.