Compensating Khadr

43 minutes ago, Rue said:

Actually the refusal to ask the Supreme Court of Canada for a ruling on whether Kadr was entitled to ANY financial compensation and if so whether it should have only been a nominal amount because of the Doctrine of Clean Hands was never dealt with so we will never know whether in fact this government's decision to pay $5 million saved the government any money.

There would never have been any SCoC ruling because that would require the Cdn government to have to deal with the fact that they were intimately involved with USA war criminals/terrorists. 

It's amazing how people can get so duped by the most consummate liars ever to plague the planet. Iraq WMD, OBL responsible for 911, Gulf of Tonkin, totally tight with the Taliban until the US needed a boogeyman, ... .

Omni with due respect is a Trudeau cult member.

The ultimate irony!

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

There would never have been any SCoC ruling because that would require the Cdn government to have to deal with the fact that they were intimately involved with USA war criminals/terrorists. 

Your comment above makes no legal sense, is incoherent,  and shows a total ignorance as to the grounds for a legal reference to the Supreme Court of Canada and what the doctrine of clean hands is.

Then again its par for the course-you spewing incoherent nonsense which tries to pass of your disjointed political biases as legal doctrine.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2017 at 12:55 PM, Rue said:

Actually the refusal to ask the Supreme Court of Canada for a ruling on whether Kadr was entitled to ANY financial compensation and if so whether it should have only been a nominal amount because of the Doctrine of Clean Hands was never dealt with so we will never know whether in fact this government's decision to pay $5 million saved the government any money.

Omni with due respect is a Trudeau cult member. He is not able to discuss the Kadr issue without blindly spinning in favour of how Trudeau handled it.

In fact Trudeau engaged in a secret out of court settlement to avoid political fallout from Jean Chretien's previous actions. It was a crass political decision to cover up. What its also done is expose this country to a precedent we will pay terrorists millions when we violate their human rights ignoring the doctrine of  clean hands. In fact the government did not save us money, To say that suggests Omni is a psychic  and knows the doctrine of clean hands would not have been applied or the amount awarded was far too large. He has no clue at all. He parrots what he does because he can't fathom Trudeau is a spineless leader who avoids any conrraversy. Trudeau did not lead on this issue he hid from it because he's afraid if he made any decision other then what he did he would alienate Muslim voters,. Trudeau among many things such as spineless, gutless, dishonest,  coward, is a racist and bigot. He assumes all Muslims would not vote for him if he came down on Kadr and in so doing he insults those Muslims who think Kadr had dirty hands and not withstanding his charter rights being violated which they were, any compensation should be cancelled out because of the doctrine of dirty hands.

Then again Omni if you go back on this thread avoided the clean hands doctrine for pages upon pages of responses pretending the law said it did not apply then finally had to admit there is no case precedent that ever said the clean hands doctrine would not have applied.

Trudeau had an obligation on behalf of all Canadians to ask the court no withstanding the charter violations did the doctrine of clean hands apply to annul any compensation amount. Trudeau never did so we do not know.

Not only do we not know but legally the refusal to ask for direction means all terrorists from Canada  can now commit terror overseas or in Canada and if we violate their charter rights they can sue us for money.

This is for me the most cowardly and repulsive thing TRudeau has done in office other than exploiting Syrian refugees for pgoto ops and sticking his face and presence in a native ceremony for the late Gord Downie of Tragically Hip where he should not have been present trying to act like he was God Downie's buddy. Even in that private moment the narcissist Trudeau had to ttry bring attention to himself.

I consider Trudeau a spineless, eunuch who does not lead. He's a gutless, emotionally damaged boy who craves approval to the point where he has destroyed this country.

For Omni to come on this thread and keep saying Trudeau saved the country money is a total pile of crap. This is a man who spear heads a government than has placed this country in bankruptcy without out of control spending and attacks small business people as tax criminals while its Finance Minister and Prime Minister live off of trust funds and have never had to work. Morneau didn't even have the decency to put his assets in blind trust using a legal loophole while at the same time blasting small business people for using legal loopholes?

Morneau is a disgusting lying pig. He kept his hands on shares of Morneau Shepell which escalated in price when the federal government gave them added business.

This is the same Trudeau who claims transparency and accountability and chastised the Tories for not being upfront and ethical and engaging in conflicts of interest while his Finance Minister performed as a lying whore and Trudeau Mr. Photo Op man of the people? Well? He flies in private jets to have a private vacation with the Aga Kahn whose charity his government received millions from the federal government.

Canadians should have expected Trudeau selling this government out for a terrorist. Veterans come back from war and can't get a decent benefit from Afghanistan and he gives this terrorist 5 million. It speaks volumes.

Rue, this is a little crass but for the most part I totally agree with you.

Trudeau Jr turned out to be a very big disappointment, too bad. 

After giving 51 million to the next three he said we should be mad and remember this. I sure hope the majority do at the next election. 

17 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Rue, this is a little crass but for the most part I totally agree with you.

Trudeau Jr turned out to be a very big disappointment, too bad. 

After giving 51 million to the next three he said we should be mad and remember this. I sure hope the majority do at the next election. 

So you're mad that Ottawa still can't get away with torturing Canadians and ignoring their rights?

How is the next election supposed to rectify this tragic state of affairs?

We need to stop shedding money for these absurd, useless liberal causes. They are useless because they do not provide a meaningful solution anyway, just a compete waste of money. Giving ten million is more than generous, it's absurd. Now every member of their family can be a millionaire. They can even reinvest their windfall into whatever causes they like, promote anti-western values among the left.

Edited by OftenWrong

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

So you're mad that Ottawa still can't get away with torturing Canadians and ignoring their rights?

How is the next election supposed to rectify this tragic state of affairs?

Ottawa IS getting away with it, in case you didn't know it, we are footing the bill and nobody involved has been charged with a crime. I'm not sure about you but I don't recall anybody asking me if these people should have been tortured. Even one of the recipients  of these giveaways pointed that out. 

Hopefully the next election we elect someone that'll slow the decline of this nation into third world status.

1 minute ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Ottawa IS getting away with it, in case you didn't know it, we are footing the bill and nobody involved has been charged with a crime.

I'm well aware of Canada's crimes and how oblivious Canadians are to them. I was just unsure about whether you support these payouts. Personally I think we should be footing a bill that's in the hundreds of millions.

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Personally I think we should be footing a bill that's in the hundreds of millions.

Personally I think your opinion is the product of a spoiled rich boy who presumes like his trust fund, money just sits around waiting to be spent.

I'll take the opinion of Mike McNeil's before yours:

http://www.nugget.ca/2017/07/11/the-government-is-rewarding-terrorists-and-punishing-vets

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm well aware of Canada's crimes and how oblivious Canadians are to them. I was just unsure about whether you support these payouts. Personally I think we should be footing a bill that's in the hundreds of millions.

Problem is should we be giving compensation for everyone that was suspected of anything? Milgaard got ten million for being locked up 23 years, you fight and win a traffic violation, that should be worth fifty grand? People being carded in the cities, they should get a few thousand an incident for being harassed, someone beats a rape charge, that should be worth at least 20 million don't you think? Now he has a reputation... You cut someone off in traffic do you apologize and throw him/her a couple hundred bucks?  

I know what you're saying but we're just beginning to slide down a very slippery slope here. I know these people deserve to live out their lives as secure and comfortable as possible, maybe they should receive good tax free inflation adjusted income for the rest of their lives.  

Honestly I'm not a cheap heartless prick, we just need to reasonable about this. I think giving these individuals this kind of lump sum payments like this is going to create a flood of claims both real and imagined. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Feel free to sell your boat or whatever you live on and send the check to Khadr. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

I know what you're saying but we're just beginning to slide down a very slippery slope here. I know these people deserve to live out their lives as secure and comfortable as possible, maybe they should receive good tax free inflation adjusted income for the rest of their lives.  

The issue isn't just how to best compensate the people that Ottawa victimizes its also how to best punish Canadians for not doing enough to prevent their governments from victimizing them in the first place. 

Values change from generation to generation. 

While I think the Khadr settlement was overly generous, it did at least happen in recent memory, and wasn't compensation for something the government did fifty years ago. We need to put a statute of limitations on these things. Fifty years from now, we may decide that not having a transgendered washroom was torturous, and have to pay out millions to everyone who attended public school during that time. We may once again, romanticize the parent/child bond and decide that all those children taken away from their parents (who were drunk/on drugs/incompetent) had a grave injustice done to them. It's neverending. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonam said:

I don't have any, you're the one with the white guilt, the share is all yours, enjoy it. 

White guilt? :lol:

I would have sworn you were smarter than that, oh well.

You must subscribe to this new right-wing notion that free citizens in a democracy are no longer accountable for the actions of their government.  So much for the myth of the responsible conservative.

Edited by eyeball

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

White guilt? :lol:

I would have sworn you were smarter than that, oh well.

You must subscribe to this new right-wing notion that free citizens in a democracy are no longer accountable for the actions of their government.  So much for the myth of the responsible conservative.

They are not.  I can't help it if JT's cabinet is full of crooks.  I voted for the other crowd.

Just now, bcsapper said:

They are not.  I can't help it if JT's cabinet is full of crooks.  I voted for the other crowd.

Yes well, despite all its claims to the contrary it's patently obvious your crowd has the same sense of responsibility and lack thereof as its constituents.

You are what you eat.

• Like 1