Compensating Khadr

17 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

The widow and family of Christopher Speer have been awarded  $134-million (U.S.) by a U.S. court in a ruling alleging Khadr killed the American soldier and partially blinded another. 

That Speer was killed while serving his country is a tragic loss.

But why would his family be entitled to such a massive sum? Speer was killed in battle, he was not murdered in his bed.

If Speer’s loss is worth $134-million, why wouldn't the deaths of every one of the Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan be worth the same?

This is a really good point in my view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not for a war criminal and terrorist builder of IEDs.

Give him $2 CAD if it makes you feel better.

The legal precedent has been set for such illegal denial of rights. That's why he got what he got. Don't let idiots like Bush open illegal prisons like Gitmo and you wont have to fret.  

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

The legal precedent has been set for such illegal denial of rights. That's why he got what he got. Don't let idiots like Bush open illegal prisons like Gitmo and you wont have to fret.  

How many other nations paid there repatriated terrorists $10.5 million ?

Canadian citizens can avoid all expenses paid vacations to 'Gitmo by not being terrorists.

Majority of Canadians are fretting....not me...it's their tax dollars.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How many other nations paid there repatriated terrorists $10.5 million ?

Canadian citizens can avoid all expenses paid vacations to 'Gitmo by not being terrorists.

Majority of Canadians are fretting....not me...it's their tax dollars.

Kinda sounds like you are. Maybe look up what your SC said about Gitmo and you'll part of the reason we had to pay.

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

Kinda sounds like you are. Maybe look up what your SC said about Gitmo and you'll part of the reason we had to pay.

Doesn't matter what I think....apparently you don't care what other Canadians think about paying off convicted war criminals.

Maybe try to keep Canada's gov't sponsored child murderers at home next time...save big money.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter what I think....apparently you don't care what other Canadians think about paying off convicted war criminals.

Maybe try to keep Canada's gov't sponsored child murderers at home next time...save big money.

Maybe stop opening illegal prisons and then torturing child soldiers into confessing to things. Speaking of saving big money, how much did you piss away on Gitmo? I think they referred to Gitmo prisoners as six million dollar men.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

Maybe stop opening illegal prisons and then torturing child soldiers into confessing to things. Speaking of saving big money, how much did you piss away on Gitmo? I think they referred to Gitmo prisoners as six million dollar men.

We like 'Gitmo...it is where we send terrorists so they don't get U.S. constitutional rights.   Your government paid off a terrorist because of its own incompetent screw ups and political correctness, not 'Gitmo.     Obama wanted to close 'Gitmo, but we kept it open for more of Khadr's Friends and Family® vacation packages.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

We like 'Gitmo...it is where we send terrorists so they don't get U.S. constitutional rights.   Your government paid off a terrorist because of its own incompetent screw ups and political correctness, not 'Gitmo.     Obama wanted to close 'Gitmo, but we kept it open for more of Khadr's Friends and Family® vacation packages.

So you strip away peoples rights and then try to say it's someone else's "incompetence". How American! At least least Obama showed the good sense to know what was right but of course he had the pentagon and the knuckledraggers in congress against him. Must be a few hundred million a year eh?

Just now, Omni said:

So you strip away peoples rights and then try to say it's someone else's "incompetence".

Canadian terrorists do not have Charter Rights rights @ 'Gitmo.   Chretien started Canada's lottery payoff game for Khadr.

The very notion that Charter Rights apply around the world no matter what heinous crime(s) are committed is a very Canadian concept that doesn't mean squat elsewhere.

If Khadr just wanted to kill him some 'muricans he could have saved a lot of trouble by doing it like 15-year old drug dealing murderer Marc Wabafiyebazu  (son of a Canadian diplomat) in Miami, Florida.  

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canadian terrorists do not have Charter Rights rights @ 'Gitmo.   Chretien started Canada's lottery payoff game for Khadr.

The very notion that Charter Rights apply around the world no matter what heinous crime(s) are committed is a very Canadian concept that doesn't mean squat elsewhere.

If Khadr just wanted to kill him some 'muricans he could have saved a lot of trouble by doing it like 15-year old drug dealing murderer Marc Wabafiyebazu  (son of a Canadian diplomat) in Miami, Florida.  

Nobody has rights in Gitmo, at least according to Bush and the kangaroo court military commission, which of course your own high court declared illegal. But I guess when you worship Bush you have to uphold whatever garbage he gets up to. 

We're gonna run into more and more domestic Islamic terrorism.  I think this case should alert us that we need to update some laws in order to deal with this.  I think we now see the "loopholes" in our legal system.  We could start by updating our treason law.

Edited by Hal 9000

Just now, Omni said:

Nobody has rights in Gitmo, at least according to Bush and the kangaroo court military commission, which of course your own high court declared illegal. But I guess when you worship Bush you have to uphold whatever garbage he gets up to. 

Bush is not the reason Trudeau paid off a convicted war criminal and terrorist.     It was you own incompetent government's actions starting with Chretien.

Nice try....epic fail.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bush is not the reason Trudeau paid off a convicted war criminal and terrorist.     It was you own incompetent government's actions starting with Chretien.

Nice try....epic fail.

Convicted by who?

America touts itself as a country that believes in the rule of law. Gitmo under Bush certainly made a mockery of that.

Edited by Omni

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

We clearly need a point by point list of facts, otherwise Omni is just gonna keep his head in the sand - probably would anyway...but!

Then go study the facts. There have been enough links to them posted here already. But speaking of head in the sand....