Compensating Khadr

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

And yet you expect us to believe that after five years of that in Afghanistan he wasn't a combatant...

Jacee also advanced  that if he didn't throw a grenade it makes him innocent of what he was doing when he got apprehended. We just ignore that in  Jacee's selective script-no consideration is given for his dirty hands other than the fiction that he did not know what he was doing because he was 15 a magic number. In her world a 15 year old terrorist is totally absolved or moral culpability simply because of their age.

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

Yah if you had your way we would sit in silence while terrorists terrorize until of course it impacted on you personally, then you would be the first screaming and whining demanding protection.

What is the point of fighting terrorism when we seem to facilitate such terrorism?

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

You don't have to make sense of anything....this is my resentment and I own the burden it creates no one else....You can make all the excuses you want for Omar and his family that's on you not me.....

And your right , I don't like the way it has turned out....

I have a lots of hobbies but thanks for your concern.....Many Canadians do support our military and it's vets , just not the Majority of them....one day perhaps...

You should do some home work Liberals have deployed more soldiers in our history than all other parties put together.....Why is it that just the cons get the warmongers label.....

I have never made excuses for the rest of the Khadr family.

Most Canadians do not like to see our soldiers fighting US wars-of-aggression-for-profit. But we know it isn't soldiers making those decisions, and I hope you know we don't blame you. Do not confuse opposition to wars with opposition to soldiers.

You're right - Liberal/Conservative makes little difference ... 

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I think we just wait until the shooting starts myself.

You seemed to think I never get off my ass and I set you straight.  You figure your volunteer time is worth more than mine? You didn't volunteer shit, you're a paid killer.

That's not what you said at all.......this is your quote right.....    (.Its freaking disgusting to think we're sending people like you abroad to defend our values.) You brought up how you paid your taxes.....and how you volunteered your time......No where did I say my time was worth more than yours , nor did I say I paid more taxes than you.....I have said you lived in a tree, like most tree huggers...have not contributed to our nations security, except bitch and moan about it....and the last time I checked I did volunteer for our nations military......that's got to piss you off......I'm a killer like you were a conservationist......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacee said:

Khadr's lawsuit has been in the courts since 2004 I believe, after CSIS egregiously and violated all Canadian principles of law and morality. Even the jail guards/interrogators at Gitmo could not believe their stupidity.

The courts always offer an opportunity to the parties to settle the money aspect outside the court, which just happened.

The gov could have left it to the court to decide the money question, but it would have cost them a whole lot more, likely the full $20m plus costs.

Harper already spent $5m fighting it. 

Listen, you've been a terrorist loving supporter from day one.. we all get that. Omar is your poster boy...  but Canada did nothing to this idiot and family but give them homes and health care. 

SSTFU

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jacee said:

What law?

Inter national / and Canadian law....both of them state that a civilian can not partake in hostilities unless they are clearly in a uniform ,  or have  an armband, or carrying arms openly in public...this is done in order to protect civilians in the area....( so there is no confusion who the bad guys are....) In Omars case he was declared a illegal combatant , which is a war crime in itself....

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

And had they not settled the case, the courts would likely have awarded the full amount.

Considering that Arar (not a terrorist), who set the precedant, was awarded $10.5 Mil, why would the courts give Khadr twice that amount?  I guess you can argue something that is not and will never will be known, if that helps you case.

22 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Considering that Arar (not a terrorist), who set the precedant, was awarded $10.5 Mil, why would the courts give Khadr twice that amount?  I guess you can argue something that is not and will never will be known, if that helps you case.

Maybe because Khadr spent 10 times the amount of time illegally detained.

18 minutes ago, Omni said:

Maybe because Khadr spent 10 times the amount of time illegally detained.

No, by giving Khadr $10.5MIl., the same as Arar, The Gov't is clearly suggesting that the 2 cases, the 2 men are the same.  How much did they give David Milgaard?  You guessed it $10Mil....for 25 years.  So again, The precedent is $10 million, why then would one expect that if challenged in court, wouldone believe that Khadr should get double that amount.  Khadr's lawyers knew what they wanted, $10mil, and how do you get $10mil? simple you ask for $20million - you get your money, and the government gets to pretend that it's a good deal - and sell it the sheeple that way.  I don't think there is any way that courts award $20mil to Khadr, especially after the other 2 cases I mentioned - the outrage would be even worse than it is.  

Sorry, this is all on Trudeau, either they really wanted Khadr to get full precedent amount ($10Mil), or they're really stupid - and although i think Trudeau is stupid, surely his lawyers are not.  

4 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I don't think there is any way that courts award $20mil to Khadr, especially after the other 2 cases I mentioned

You could be right. There is precedent.

But it's not so much on Trudeau as it is on Chretien and Harper.

8 minutes ago, Omni said:

You could be right. There is precedent.

But it's not so much on Trudeau as it is on Chretien and Harper.

It doesn't much matter who set the precent, but Trudeau is trying to follow that precedent.  He obviously wanted to give Khadr the same status as the other 2.  The Canadian people were fine with Arar and especially Milgaard getting their due - as I am.

But any rational person - and I don't mean you...of course, would assume that the worst case scenario is the courts award Khadr $10million.  So Justin, in his brilliant way skips past due process and jumps straight to the top of the expected amount.  There are a number of reasons why, but it only takes an IQ of about 70 to know that if it publically went to court, the US lawyers would have a judgement on any monies received.  Therefore Khadr, no matter how much awarded, would get a nominal amount.  The court might even base their judgement on that point. We'll never know because Trudeau set him up nicely.

6 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

IQ of about 70 to know that if it publically went to court, the US lawyers would have a judgement on any monies received.

It went to court, it didn't go to trial, which also saved the taxpayers millions. The US case would have gone nowhere.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Inter national / and Canadian law....both of them state that a civilian can not partake in hostilities unless they are clearly in a uniform ,  or have  an armband, or carrying arms openly in public...this is done in order to protect civilians in the area....( so there is no confusion who the bad guys are....) In Omars case he was declared a illegal combatant , which is a war crime in itself....

So, if a civilian is in a private home that is attacked by a foreign army intending to kill everyone in it, but said civilian is not in a uniform or wearing an armband or carrying arms openly in public, they cannot take part in hostilities and have no right to defend themselves?

Edited by Melanie_
edited to add detail to the original post

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Omar wanted to go to Afghanistan so as to not be left behind with the women.

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Omar wanted to go to Afghanistan so as to not be left behind with the women.

U could be right BUT I do believe the children in the ME have to do whatever their parents say out of respect to the parents and I'm sure if a Canadian was living outside of Canada and Canada had war going on in the country, that Canadian would probably come back and fight, its only natural.

1 hour ago, Melanie_ said:

So, if a civilian is in a private home that is attacked by a foreign army intending to kill everyone in it, but said civilian is not in a uniform or wearing an armband or carrying arms openly in public, they cannot take part in hostilities and have no right to defend themselves?

WoW, the amount of feminists that love Khadr is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

What a weaselly way to dodge a question. 

The question was directed at Army Guy, he can clearly fight his own battles.

I'm not a lawyer - like you :lol:, and I'm not a military guy like AG...I'm a sociology guy.  I like the study of the human condition, and the love of Muslims coming from feminists, is always a challenge - mainly because none of them with explain it.  My besyt guess is a serious outbreak of Hybristophilia.  I know of one such case in these forums, could there be more? 

Edited by Hal 9000

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

What is the point of fighting terrorism when we seem to facilitate such terrorism?

Who is "we"? If you are part of the "we" then why are you not asking yourself that question?

You use the "we" as if you can blame all of Canada for what Kadr and terrorists are but what about you Snow White?

Next, save the bull crap. This Trudeau pop psychology politics trying to blame the West, Canadians, anyone but you for Kadr, his family extremist Muslims, save the crap.

Save the sheltered, elitist, leftist crap where everyone and anyone but you and terrorists have culpability for your actions.

We? Where do you get off let alone presume to suggest I am responsible for Muslim extremist terrorism, Kadr, his father, his mother and people who choose to commit crime?

Where do you get off trying to blame me or any Canadian? Save your pseuto pop blame society crap. In my world and the world you refuse to live in, responsibility begins and ends with each individual and our free choice.

Go sing that Kadr is a victim of society crap on someone else. No one in Canada is responsible for what he is. You right now are responsible for apologizing and making excuses for him.