Rise in Canadian Hate Crimes

17 hours ago, Argus said:

You realize the great majority of these hate crimes consist of vandalism, mischief and anonymous threats, right?

And if you woke up one morning to find "Death to Muslim-haters" scrawled on your garage door, you'd brush it off in the same way - only a threat and vandalism, nothing to worry about?

15 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Wouldn't want someone's hijab tugged on the subway because of that, though..

Such studied deception, bcsapper. Here we are discussing the US/UK/Australia/... engaged in horrendous, horrific crimes against humanity. The US state department made up death lists which were supplied to these murderous right wing, always right wing US brutal dictators and you pull this nonsense. 

What kind of a human being are you? A million people killed in the same fashion that is a US trademark. And then you make a silly remark that has you justifying an assault against Muslim women. 

18 hours ago, taxme said:

And what about the hate crimes that are being committed against the Caucasian infidels by muslims in Canada, and why is it that the CBC will not report these stories of anti-white hatred and racism by the CBC? The CBC does not like to report news stories about racism that happens against Caucasian people here in Canada. In Canada now, it's all about nonwhite people and their interests and concerns. White people can go sit in the back of the bus now, and shut the hell up. 

whine whine whine

4 hours ago, betsy said:

The Muslim woman who took her burqua to court that she can do her citizenship with her face covered - and won - had contributed greatly to the rise in hate crimes against Muslims, I bet.  

When you come to a house that showed you generosity of kindness, and you repay that by challenging its own rules, and you manage to upset what's traditional - and impose your own on them - of course, there'll  be deep resentments.  What do you think?

I think you should consider dumping your "christianity" and think about becoming a Christian. 

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Wow, look at your Christian compassion shining through.  A woman loses three of her family and that's your response.  Sickening.

So many non-Muslims had lost loved ones, too, you know.  All over the world.  The Coptic Christians gunned down in a bus recently, comes to mind.   The latest among Canadian casualties was Chrissy Archibald in London.  You're dismissing the loss of other people?

Whether you agree with me or not - whether you find my statement callous or just too blunt, I don't care  - that's the reality we live in now.  The more killing being done, the more people get disensitized.

We reap what we sow.  Hate begets hate, same as love begets love.  If there'll be any lecturing to be done about hate-killing - better make sure our wagging fingers point to all  shades. 

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

That seems pretty dismissive of women who have strangers come up to them, scream abuse at them and yank their hijab off their head.  

Fair enough. Wouldn't want someone's beard tugged on the subway because of that, though..

I'm nothing if not gender neutral.

18 hours ago, taxme said:

Islamic radical terrorism was probably the reason why her brother was killed. Was he an islamic radical terrorist by chance? 

Everyone should be able to clearly understand McCarthyism now because this is the same thing happening, only it's Trumpism/radical right wingism/wacky Tea Partyism/fascism/... . The US and Canadian governments were able to dupe the weak minded into thinking "there's a commie under my bed" and they have done the same thing with Islam and Muslims. 

It is stunning how people get so duped by such facile, infinitesimal "proof" when the proof is overwhelming that the real terrorists are the western nations, led by the US that have, first, committed the ultimate war crime, the illegal invasions of sovereign nations, killing millions and then extended their terrorism to other nations. 

15 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Such studied deception, bcsapper. Here we are discussing the US/UK/Australia/... engaged in horrendous, horrific crimes against humanity. The US state department made up death lists which were supplied to these murderous right wing, always right wing US brutal dictators and you pull this nonsense. 

What kind of a human being are you? A million people killed in the same fashion that is a US trademark. And then you make a silly remark that has you justifying an assault against Muslim women. 

No we're not.  We're discussing Canadian hate crimes, You,  of course, never met a hate crime you couldn't blame on the US.

And it was actually the opposite.  I was not justifying an assault against Muslim women.  I was saying there is no justification for, as I put it in my earlier post to you, Hurting someone just because they look like someone who has hurt someone who looks like you. 

I thought that was fairly obvious, but as two people now don't seem to think it was, maybe I was mistaken.

People CHOOSE to come here and well knowing how people live here and what the culture is. The least they can do is to be grateful to the good people who welcomed them to their free land and ignore the A holes who may not be welcoming or treat them the same way they treat you and though they have the right to live their own way but at least an attempt to adopt to new culture is a good deed. That said respect for other cultures and religions and to believe in equality of gender is a must. Do NOT come here and try to change our way of living or try to impose yours by say trying to adopt sharia law in the land of freedom.

13 minutes ago, hot enough said:

It is stunning how people get so duped by such facile, infinitesimal "proof" when the proof is overwhelming that the real terrorists are the western nations, led by the US that have, first, committed the ultimate war crime, the illegal invasions of sovereign nations, killing millions and then extended their terrorism to other nations. 

People often think terrorism is when a group of masked gunmen wearing explosives kill innocent civilians. Yes this is disgusting and they are indeed terrorists. If they want to kill then kill people responsible (like Israeli army and government officials not civilians or Hamas leaders and members not innocent women and children is who Israelis kill) but the American or Israeli or Russian pilots who are ordered to drop bombs and chemicals on civilians all over the world past many decades are as much terrorists as the masked gunmen wearing explosives if not more. They are all disgusting murderers especially those who issue the orders like American or Russian or Syrian presidents or Israeli Prime Minister. Wearing uniforms or being in a position of power do not immune them of being true terrorists.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Really? So that was when Harper was in power and not Trudeau!   I believe I said earlier that I didn't see a why they were blaming the Conservatives, but now I do.

It will be interesting if hate crimes go down in 2016 again.

I already pointed out to you that the cities with the highest incidences of hate crimes all vote Liberal. 

But then, truth never has much correlation to your ideological beliefs.

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

And if you woke up one morning to find "Death to Muslim-haters" scrawled on your garage door, you'd brush it off in the same way - only a threat and vandalism, nothing to worry about?

I wouldn't call for whoever did it to be imprisoned for life.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Argus said:

I wouldn't call for whoever did it to be imprisoned for life.

Gotta wonder...is "Death to Muslims" being scratched into a lot of garage doors?

As well, the highest profile hijab snatching I could locate was some OTHER Middle Eastern woman in a Canada shirt doing the iggy.

Like a Latino with a Jewish name...the Canada shirt made her "white"...me thinks.

Edited by DogOnPorch

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

I already pointed out to you that the cities with the highest incidences of hate crimes all vote Liberal. 

Since it's literally impossible for you to see people as individuals, I feel pretty safe in saying you have no fucking clue what my ideological beliefs are.  You've put me in a box so you can simply insult me, as you do anyone you consider 'left'.   You do the same with Muslims, and no doubt other groups.  That is blind ideology in action, the clear sign of a person who cannot think outside his biases.   I guess it's the only way you can feel safe, eh?   

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

A city voting Conservative or Liberal isn't relevant since it offers no explanation for the cause of hate crimes or it's increase. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Since it's literally impossible for you to see people as individuals, I feel pretty safe in saying you have no fucking clue what my ideological beliefs are.  You've put me in a box so you can simply insult me, as you do anyone you consider 'left'.   You do the same with Muslims, and no doubt other groups.  That is blind ideology in action, the clear sign of a person who cannot think outside his biases.   I guess it's the only way you can feel safe, eh?   

You claim to have not read the Quran...correct?  

1 hour ago, betsy said:

So many non-Muslims had lost loved ones, too, you know.  All over the world.  The Coptic Christians gunned down in a bus recently, comes to mind.   The latest among Canadian casualties was Chrissy Archibald in London.  You're dismissing the loss of other people?

Whether you agree with me or not - whether you find my statement callous or just too blunt, I don't care  - that's the reality we live in now.  The more killing being done, the more people get disensitized.

We reap what we sow.  Hate begets hate, same as love begets love.  If there'll be any lecturing to be done about hate-killing - better make sure our wagging fingers point to all  shades. 

You raise some good points, Betsy. 

US Terrorist Deaths Caused

Vietnam 3 million / Korea 3 million / Cambodia 1 million / Indonesia 1 million / Laos 700,000 / Iraq 1 million plus / Afghanistan ???

America’s Terrorist Training Camp

30th October 2001

What’s the difference between Al Qaeda and Fort Benning?

By George Monbiot. Published in the Guardian 30th October 2001

“If any government sponsors the outlaws and killers of innocents,” George Bush announced on the day he began bombing Afghanistan, “they have become outlaws and murderers themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril.” I’m glad he said “any government”, as there’s one which, though it has yet to be identified as a sponsor of terrorism, requires his urgent attention.

For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at Al-Qaeda’s door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or WHISC. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush’s government.

Until January this year, WHISC was called “the School of the Americas”, or SOA. Since 1946 SOA has trained over 60,000 Latin American soldiers and policemen. Among its graduates are many of the continent’s most notorious torturers, mass murderers, dictators and state terrorists. As hundreds of pages of documentation compiled by the pressure group SOA Watch shows, Latin America has been ripped apart by its alumni.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

As well, the highest profile hijab snatching I could locate was some OTHER Middle Eastern woman in a Canada shirt doing the iggy.

Yes they are the victims of this FORCED hijab in their home country all their lives and they come to the land of freedom where they can dress, eat, party as they like and when they see this hijab in the land of freedom, which is a SYMBOL of OPPRESSION of women then they are reminded of their bad old days and see something they were forced to wear and hence react in a very understandable manner. I am not saying it is right to snatch hijab as they act as bad as the idiots who imposed it on them but saying it is a natural reaction.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes they are the victims of this FORCED hijab in their home country all their life and they home to the land of freedom where thay can dress, eat, party as they like and when they see this hijab in the land of freedom, which is a SYMBOL of OPPRESSION of women then they are reminded of their bad old days and see something they were forced to wear and hence react in a very predictable manner. I am not saying it is right to snatch hijab as they act as bad as the idiots who imposed it on them but saying it is a natural reaction.

Some Middle Eastern spat over Islam's brutality towards women is hardly a Canadian problem...other than we imported the hatred here where there was none before.

19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Some Middle Eastern spat over Islam's brutality towards women is hardly a Canadian problem...other than we imported the hatred here where there was none before.

Don't say that it is not a Canadian problem. It is an international problem because human beings (half the population) are being oppressed and suffer and then you say you are indifference and not your problem??!!!!. We have to fight against oppression of the weak whether it is women in middle east or anyone else (when highly educated women in Iran are forced to wear hijab and beaten if they refuse or prevented from some sports or watching games or much worse in Arab countries where they don't have the right to drive or engage in politics like Saudi A. and Arab Emirates) or raped in Africa and .....and then you say it is not our problem to fight against those atrocities. Either you are a part of human race or you are not. If you are then other humans suffering or oppressed is also your problem and you must do what you can to help them for their freedom at the very least ask your MPs to condemn those actions by those regimes and not to trade with them like Saudi A. But yes as I was clear in my post, I don't welcome any kind of attacks or hijab snatching on Canadian soil but I can understand why they do that.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It most certainly WASN'T. It sure is now thanks to Islam's proclivity towards confrontation and violence.

You sure seem to say that:

And on the latter part, hate has always been in Canada so don't say where there was none before!!!!!,  but maybe not this type exactly. Hate for Jews, hate for natives, hate for Irish, hate for Italians, hate for blacks, hate for gays and now this latest hate for Muslims.

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You sure seem to say that:

And on the latter part, hate has always been in Canada but maybe not this type exactly. Hate for Jews, hate for Irish, hate for Italians, hate for blacks, hate for gays and now this latest hate for Muslims.

Islam has earned the distrust it receives globally...not just from l'il ol' me.

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam has earned the distrust it receives globally...not just from l'il ol' me.

I am not discussing Islam as I don't know much about it but object to your untrue statements like oppression of women in other countries is not a Canadian problem or there was none of hates before in Canada and all is now due to the recent flow of hijab wearing immigrants which btw is a small minority of all Muslim immigrants as most of them wear no hijab but because of that no one realizes they are Muslims since they don't dress in that manner.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015