Our soldiers suffer while caught in the middle.

43 minutes ago, Rue said:

You would be the first to whine for a soldier to save you if need be.

Save me from what? The polar bears? Also, I doubt spending mass amounts of money on battleships, fighter planes, or helping Erdogan will be effective at protecting me from the polar bear invasion.

Just hope you are not attacked to understand why drones alone can not engage in any war.

Not yet, due to lack of advancements in ai. But that will change in the future.

13 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Save me from what? The polar bears? Also, I doubt spending mass amounts of money on battleships, fighter planes, or helping Erdogan will be effective at protecting me from the polar bear invasion.

Thats your problem , you and millions of other Canadians you have no clue about what our military does on a daily basis , nor in what condition it is in....or how our own government uses them.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Thats your problem , you and millions of other Canadians you have no clue about what our military does on a daily basis , nor in what condition it is in....or how our own government uses them.

I KNOW how our government uses them and I don't like it, and I don't want to pay for it.

If you support interventionalist foreign policy, then you can send as much money as you like to [email protected] or 613-995-2534. Put your money where your mouth is... 

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Thats your problem , you and millions of other Canadians

I think that the problem is you and the millions of other Canadians stuck in old cold-war paradigms.  The cold war ended decades ago, and the military alliances that made sense during the cold war, no longer make sense today. It does not make sense to be allied to Saudi Arabia over Russia, when Saudi Arabia is the country the funds Salafism/Wahhabism, which leads to ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Queda, Al Shabab, etc. where as, due to shared interests and not being run by religious fanatics, the West and Russia should be natural allies in today's geopolitical environment. Also, being allied to Turkey is extremely questionable given the authoritarian nature of Erdogan and the fact that they have recently shot down a Russian jet when Russia was using jets to fight ISIS and stop the flow of oil from ISIS to Turkey (and thus cash from Turkey to ISIS). What we need is not so much increases in Military expenditure but better diplomacy and a re-orientation of foreign policy.

And if you look at Canada on a map, you will notice that we have 0 natural enemies and are basically one of the few countries that could get away with abolishing the military if we wanted to. Abolition is not a position I advocate, but I'm just pointing out the reality. So going on about how we need the military to protect me, a Canadian, is nonsense. Maybe we need a military to protect Japan/S.Korea/Taiwan, or perform offensive actions in other countries, but not to defend Canada from an invasion.

2 hours ago, dre said:

I KNOW how our government uses them and I don't like it, and I don't want to pay for it.

If you support interventionalist foreign policy, then you can send as much money as you like to [email protected] or 613-995-2534. Put your money where your mouth is... 

See the thing is I'm not even against interventionalist foreign policy. I'm just against stupid or immoral interventionist policy. If it were interventionist policy to end the genocide against gay people and apostates in Saudi Arabia (provided that sanctions were tried first and Canada had a decent coalition of countries on it's side), then I'd probably support it. Or alternatively interventionist policy to help South Korea if North Korea attacks it, I'd support that too. But spending 2% of our GDP to protect Erdogan as he jails dissidents and shoots down Russian planes when Russia tries to fight ISIS, well that's insane.

But people like Army Guy are so completely against changing the status quo and the current cold-war paradigms that it turns even people that favour interventionism occasionally, such as myself, completely against supporting significant military expenditure because basically no net good comes out of such expenditure. Unfortunately, the LPC and CPC are both completely led by rigid status-quo people like Army Guy.

7 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

See the thing is I'm not even against interventionalist foreign policy. I'm just against stupid or immoral interventionist policy. If it were interventionist policy to end the genocide against gay people and apostates in Saudi Arabia (provided that sanctions were tried first and Canada had a decent coalition of countries on it's side), then I'd probably support it. Or alternatively interventionist policy to help South Korea if North Korea attacks it, I'd support that too. But spending 2% of our GDP to protect Erdogan as he jails dissidents and shoots down Russian planes when Russia tries to fight ISIS, well that's insane.

But people like Army Guy are so completely against changing the status quo and the current cold-war paradigms that it turns even people that favour interventionism occasionally, such as myself, completely against supporting significant military expenditure because basically no net good comes out of such expenditure. Unfortunately, the LPC and CPC are both completely led by rigid status-quo people like Army Guy.

I actually find the "idea" of benign interventionalism to be appealing and sort of romantic. The problem is from a practical perspective it usually brings about the exact opposite of the intended result.

Usually, but not always. The intervention to protect South Korea during the Korean War, for example, had very good results for South Korea. Intervention to stop the NAZIs had good results as well. British intervention to end the slave trade had very good results, especially in Kenya. In Rwanda, intervention to prevent genocide would have arguably been quite good. Intervention (via sanctions) to end Apartheid in South Africa was effective. Canadian peace keeping intervention is Cyprus was arguably quite effective as well.

9 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

But spending 2% of our GDP to protect Erdogan as he jails dissidents and shoots down Russian planes when Russia tries to fight ISIS, well that's insane.

Yeah or other NATO greatest hits like backing an islamic terrorist army (the KLA) against Serbia, then watching that terrorist army attack, torture, and intimidate non albanians in Kosovo until they all left. Then sitting there while that terrorist army set their sites on macedonia and did the same thing there.

The KLA was put on the "terrorist" list the following year.

12 hours ago, dre said:

You have a funny way of showing it, in fact going back through some of your posts and i would say your anti military.....You may know how our government uses our Armed forces , but you've never said or done anything to correct that, in fact your like the millions of other Canadians who really don't give a shit, one way or the other....with one exception you do rant here on this forum....And well i applaud you for speaking your mind, i'm sure the only one hearing you is the small audience that is attracted to this place..... 

And while we all wish we had control over where our taxes go, and how they are spent we do not, what you can do is garner enough support for your cause and let your vioce be heard....politicians will listen , but only if you have the numbers... Something the liberals tried in reference to our Military with the question /answer survey on line.....all Canadians had a chance to voice their opinion, did you ? 

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

You have a funny way of showing it, in fact going back through some of your posts and i would say your anti military.....You may know how our government uses our Armed forces , but you've never said or done anything to correct that, in fact your like the millions of other Canadians who really don't give a shit, one way or the other....with one exception you do rant here on this forum....And well i applaud you for speaking your mind, i'm sure the only one hearing you is the small audience that is attracted to this place..... 

And while we all wish we had control over where our taxes go, and how they are spent we do not, what you can do is garner enough support for your cause and let your vioce be heard....politicians will listen , but only if you have the numbers... Something the liberals tried in reference to our Military with the question /answer survey on line.....all Canadians had a chance to voice their opinion, did you ? 

I'm not anti military.  And I have been a voice for non-interventionalist foreign policy except when absolutely necessary my whole life pretty much. 

The thing you dont realize is that YOU are the one that is anti military. People like you are the reason thousands of troops are dead, sick, or homeless. The troops could use your support.

10 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

I think that the problem is you and the millions of other Canadians stuck in old cold-war paradigms.  The cold war ended decades ago, and the military alliances that made sense during the cold war, no longer make sense today. It does not make sense to be allied to Saudi Arabia over Russia, when Saudi Arabia is the country the funds Salafism/Wahhabism, which leads to ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Queda, Al Shabab, etc. where as, due to shared interests and not being run by religious fanatics, the West and Russia should be natural allies in today's geopolitical environment. Also, being allied to Turkey is extremely questionable given the authoritarian nature of Erdogan and the fact that they have recently shot down a Russian jet when Russia was using jets to fight ISIS and stop the flow of oil from ISIS to Turkey (and thus cash from Turkey to ISIS). What we need is not so much increases in Military expenditure but better diplomacy and a re-orientation of foreign policy.

And if you look at Canada on a map, you will notice that we have 0 natural enemies and are basically one of the few countries that could get away with abolishing the military if we wanted to. Abolition is not a position I advocate, but I'm just pointing out the reality. So going on about how we need the military to protect me, a Canadian, is nonsense. Maybe we need a military to protect Japan/S.Korea/Taiwan, or perform offensive actions in other countries, but not to defend Canada from an invasion.

Yes, the problem is me....and millions just like me, relics of yesteryear , Nice one, and yet here we are sending troops and equipment into Poland, Ukraine to stop Mother Russia from advancing her interests, such as seizing the portions of Ukraine, how has these actions made NATO obsolete ? Last time i look our Military does not make policy but enforce the policy that is written by elected government officials, and yet you know this, and some how manged to channel your frustrations towards the military... it makes perfect sense....you don't like who got elected , so you stamp and pump your chest at a debt that has as much say as , well you do....to be frank....I'm not here to protect them the government i'm here to point a finger at them and you , the average canadian because they are responsible for what is happening with our military today....

Wow you got all that from a world map....shit if that all it takes then no wonder there is so many military experts out there....i guess all that other non sense such foreign policy, enforcing  sovereignty,  protection of resources all of that means squat, i mean we got NFLD's to protect the east coast, nobody cares about the west coast....and inuit to guard the north....were good....How many times has Canada been involved with other nations in regards to land disputes that have seen foreign military forces land on Canadian soil ?....How many times has Russia tested our airspace ?or landed troops in our north ?.....How many times in history has there been a world  war ? Do you really think the US is going to sit still while canada goes to O military....what are the consequence of that ?....

You don't know what you advocate, because you don't know anything about the topic, and while your not alone....it takes a little more effort than looking at a map, or reading a news article....I'm just pointing our reality....the fact our military is busy 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, doing thousands of different jobs that you know nothing about...is telling..the fact that you think the only way to compromise Canada's security is to invade is telling.....

14 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

To start with Polar Bears are on the verge of extinction so its nice to know you are also ignorant about wildlife and not just the military.

Get real. Yes let's get real. Go look on a map. The amount of coastal water Canada has, does it mean anything to you? Do you think you can have tht much ocean and not patrol it? Are you that naïve, stupid, or just deliberately provocative. Let's start with your country China. It along with Russia, Span, Portugal, Japan, Indonesia, and ships flagged in the Phillippines and Liberia have been the worst perpetrators at causing permanent damage to Canadian coastal waters by using fishing nets which scrape everything from the bottom of the ocean not just above it permanently devastating our fish stocks.

Had our country bothered to have a navy this would not have happened. Now it may be too late. But hey you giggle about polar bears while China builds up its navy so it can bully South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, even Russia . Lol. Yes Sir, You do know the Chinese navy has seized Vietnamese Islands illegally. Of course you do.

How about you check out what the Chinese fishing fleet does across the world himmm?

Next drug and people smuggling are very real. The open coastal waters of Canada have always been a great benefit for both activities.

Next not that you would know it, but if Canada does not exercise regular sovereignty over its coastal waters, under international law,t he abandonment of such patrols could be deemed in law to say it gives up its right to those waters.

Next and again you can giggle about Polar bears but the Russian air threat to our Northern air space is real. Its a pathway between Russia and the US.  As well you have zero clue what air threats Canada faces not just from Russia but people hijacking airplanes or using them to smuggle weapons, people, drugs.

That's why we have an Air Force. By the way when people need to be rescued, you heard of that..we need to rescue them.

The Air Force and Navy let alone army you giggle at is used during emergencies from flooding, earthquakes, not just in Canada but overseas. Who you notice that? Nah.

Tell me you think what Canada is doing in Iraq is about fighting Polar Bears?

Edited by Rue

Perhaps given the tone of contempt some show towards the Canadian Armed Forces, we need to remind them of their purpose.

Our armed forces remain a last resort to defend against direct attacks on ourselves and our allies and  to defend our key economic interests and social values as well as to  prevent the spread of terrorism, drug trafficking and other types of crime. They also serve as a reliable ally to other countries that share our values and support us in time of need and help create a fairer and more stable world as well as serve to  respond to natural disasters at home and abroad.

I didn't make up the above words, they came from a bi-partisan committee back in the 2005 Parliament of Canada.

I think quite frankly since WW2, generations born after it in Canada have been sheltered in affluence and take their freedom, lifestyle, political rights, very mobility rights for granted. Its like trying to explain to a born in Canada native why fresh water is so damn important. the average born in Canada Canadian takes fresh water as a given.

Canada did not come to be what it is for free. It came as a result of brave people dying in wars and in particular WW1, WW2 and Korea. The problem is most Canadians on this board ridiculing the military are not from war torn conflicted countries or have fought in a war so they have no clue, none, zero and it shows in the arrogant, smug, snitty responses. I doubt these snits have any clue what happened at Ypres, the Somme or Vimy Ridge or care.

Even after the Korean war, do the snits on this board have any clue what the Canadian Armed  Forces did for 40 years in Europe or what they actually did inthe first Gulf War after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990? How about the  30 +  United Nations peacekeeping missions, and several missions under the auspices of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and our role in Afghanistan and now in Iraq or its role in Haiti or even the flood in New Orleans?

Do the people who ridicule the Canadian military have any clue as to its role in  fighting forest fires, controlling floods, rescuing people lost in the woods and at sea, digging out after snow and ice-storms, and in caring for injured people in a variety of difficult situations?

Well?  Again all the above are not my words. bi-partisan politicians asked that of we citizens back in 2005.

The fact is we are a nation among nations. Our armedf forces have a role to play in assuring world peace and stability and the protection of we citizens across Canada and overseas.

The people who giggle at our armed forces do so because they are the same people that will be quick to sneer at the US military but live off its protection net.

Go on look. If you think terrorism, North Korea, Russia, China, the fishing nations I mentioned have your benefit in their minds grow up and get off your soft asses and understand their is a price in being affluent and soft and sheltered that you take for granted. The trading of goods, the oil, it all comes with a damn price.

1 hour ago, dre said:

I'm not anti military.  And I have been a voice for non-interventionist foreign policy except when absolutely necessary my whole life pretty much. 

The thing you dont realize is that YOU are the one that is anti military. People like you are the reason thousands of troops are dead, sick, or homeless. The troops could use your support.

This one must be your best work of art todate....Twisting this whole debate back in my direction , was there some sort of mic drop thrown in there as well.....

You claim your a voice for Non-interventionist foreign policy for some time now, that's a huge claim, Have you written any papers on it ? have you held any conventions , rallies, maybe a web site. i mean right now your just Dre on MLW web site it is hard to know a person through a web forum.....well sir that is quit the portfolio you have acquired....all of that while on top of your real day to day job....which is what if you don't mind me asking.....

While mine is not as impressive as yours, i have spent 34 years serving my nation, in what i thought was a honorable job, traveling around the world at the whim of my government going to see the humanity at it's finest hour, rub elbows with some of the finest beings since Hitler, and Stalin....places like Somalia, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, and a few other countries that were not so bad....and in each of these places Canadian soldiers tried to do what they could on a personal level to leave a good impression on the locals, do a few nice things like help build a school, or a well, or provide money for school supplies you get the point , we did what we could, while accomplishing a mission laid out by our government....

During all this i lost 14 very close friends and one man who i had the honour of calling my best friend, we were inseparable...and then one day during a routine company patrol we came under enemy contact.....i watched him bleed out in my arms....he made me promise to look after his family when he was gone, a promise that i have tried to keep as best i could.....and i pray it is enough for when we finally meet again....You see he died doing a job he loved, he respected everyone in it, he respected the reasons we do it, he lived , breathed , the job he was a soldiers , soldier.....and while he may have died in Afghanistan , doing his job, on behalf of Canadians, bringing what we thought was a little piece of what we take for granted everyday here in Canada....This was our calling, our purpose it was what we were good at.........

you don't have to like it, nor do you have to respect it.....But i will make one thing clear here today, there was not a day that went by that i did not pray to god for peace, there was not a day that went by that i prayed i did not have to end another life.....Canadian soldiers are not monsters, we do what we do because of our nation and Canadians....we beg for your support, because our very lives depend on it.....

Our governments have sent our military time after time to conduct military operations around the world...regardless of the state our military is in....regardless of how much or how little equipment we have....or how well or little it is funded....That much is a fact, and it will never change....and still today there are millions of Canadians that still say....if we starve them they won't send them....you don't hurt the government by doing so.....you hurt our military people, they are the ones that bear all the pain and suffering for not having equipment we need to do the job......We don't want to concur the world, nor do we want this grand military force that rolls done the streets of our capitol once a year....what soldiers want is to come home standing up, and not laying down in the back of some herc with a flag draped over us.... 

We don't make policy, or laws, or sign defensive pacts with other nations , we are the tool that enforces all that. there is no need to fear us....we are Canadian first and foremost.

So if you want to blame me for our governments short comings then fine pile it on...

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

Cool story bro! I have served my nation my whole life too by being a productive citizen not to mention funding your job and pay.

As for the silliness about trying to marginalize my opinion because I have not "written papers, or held rallies", this is nonsensical. I'm a private citizen, and I don't need to do any of that stuff to have an opinion.  And the fact remains that if I was in charge there wouldn't be any dead or sick or homeless troops, and if you were in charge there would probably be more.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

On 3/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, hot enough said:

The people of Korea suffer, and have suffered as a result of the US occupation.

Yes, if only they could enjoy the glorious freedom of those in North Korea. Damn the Americans for preventing the peace loving people of North Korea from embracing their southern brothers in the spirit of love and togetherness! 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:03 AM, hot enough said:

These "foreign actors" are not stopped by the military.

If the Ukrainians had had a strong military it could have quickly crushed the Russian inspired, organized and equipped rebels in Crimea before the Russians were able to use them as a justification for their own invasion. 

Edited by Argus

On 3/20/2017 at 6:10 PM, GostHacked said:

You were not there to benefit the average Afghani. You were there because of foreign policy, NATO and pipelines. You were used by rich corporate elites to do their bidding.

How many pipelines have been built? How much oil did the west receive from these invasions? Care to answer.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

This one must be your best work of art todate....Twisting this whole debate back in my direction , was

During all this i lost 14 very close friends and one man who i had the honour of calling my best friend, we were inseparable...and then one day during a routine company patrol we came under enemy contact.....i watched him bleed out in my arms....he made me promise to look after his family when he was gone, a promise that i have tried to keep as best i could.....and i pray it is enough for when we finally meet again....You see he died doing a job he loved, he respected everyone in it, he respected the reasons we do it, he lived , breathed , the job he was a soldiers , soldier.....and while he may have died in Afghanistan , doing his job, on behalf of Canadians, bringing what we thought was a little piece of what we take for granted everyday here in Canada....This was our calling, our purpose it was what we were good at.........

you don't have to like it, nor do you have to respect it.....But i will make one thing clear here today, there was not a day that went by that i did not pray to god for peace, there was not a day that went by that i prayed i did not have to end another life.....Canadian soldiers are not monsters, we do what we do because of our nation and Canadians....we beg for your support, because our very lives depend on it.....

Our governments have sent our military time after time to conduct military operations around the world...regardless of the state our military is in....regardless of how much or how little equipment we have....or how well or little it is funded....That much is a fact, and it will never change....and still today there are millions of Canadians that still say....if we starve them they won't send them....you don't hurt the government by doing so.....you hurt our military people, they are the ones that bear all the pain and suffering for not having equipment we need to do the job......We don't want to concur the world, nor do we want this grand military force that rolls done the streets of our capitol once a year....what soldiers want is to come home standing up, and not laying down in the back of some herc with a flag draped over us.... 

We don't make policy, or laws, or sign defensive pacts with other nations , we are the tool that enforces all that. there is no need to fear us....we are Canadian first and foremost.

So if you want to blame me for our governments short comings then fine pile it on...

I am genuinely moved by your words as you well understand.  All I can do  is stand to the left with head down and defer to you.

1 hour ago, dre said:

Cool story bro! I have served my nation my whole life too by being a productive citizen not to mention funding your job and pay.

As for the silliness about trying to marginalize my opinion because I have not "written papers, or held rallies", this is nonsensical. I'm a private citizen, and I don't need to do any of that stuff to have an opinion.  And the fact remains that if I was in charge there wouldn't be any dead or sick or homeless troops, and if you were in charge there would probably be more.

Cool story bro?

You funded his job?

If you were in charge there wouldn't be any dead or sick or homeless troops?

You accuse him of being incompetent let alone a murderer?

You come on this board and attack him personally, call him a liar, ridicule the death of soldiers and pose as a military expert?

That's what you pass off as debate?

Learn just some of the names of the people you ridicule:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remembrance/history/canadian-armed-forces/afghanistan-remembered/fallen

http://www.canada.com/news/greater+love+Canadians+honour+soldiers+sacrifice/5696594/story.html

They have names Dre.

Instead of posing as some military try just once to listen:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/video-gallery/video/8985

You do not ever get to say you understand, at best you need to grow up and learn to witness:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remembrance/history/a-day-of-remembrance/why

It is the soldier, not the reporter
who has given us the freedom of press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves under the flag,
whose coffin is draped by the flag,
and who allows the protester to burn the flag.

"The Soldier"~ by Charles M. Province

2 hours ago, dre said:

I could be wrong, but methinks a majority of Canadians thank military veterans for their service and sacrifice far more than loyal taxpayers.

There is no Highway of Heroes for productive citizens, is there ?

On 3/18/2017 at 10:50 AM, Army Guy said:

This is not a new problem, it dates back as far as i can remember, they fact that our soldiers are caught in the middle between the Military and minister, and the VAC and it's minister is telling....and this has made headlines over and over again.....But it still has not left a mark on it's citizens....another telling point on where our Military stands with everyone.....Stories like being losing homes, going bankrupt......or not receiving any compensation for any wounds received while on duty....a fact now that 75% of those released from the military have not identified with any wounds.....How can that be ?.....

OK i get it, our members are not very popular amoung'st the rest of the citizens, that we don't place very high on the priority list of things to do.....i also get it that their voice is not heard in the great scheme of things....So who are these people, they are Canadian citizens like you and me, they are our sons and daughters, they come in all races, colors, creeds, and religions, they are the people that we have gone to school with, shared a beer with, we have even called them best friends. They have paid taxes, and still do,....what makes them different is they signed the dotted line to serve our government , our nation what ever that entails, night or day they answer a higher calling, so that we as ordinary citizens can rest assured we are under they protection night and day....and for this service....they ask you for nothing except to have their back.....to which we say...ya, ya....and slap them in the face with this.....

Losing there homes.....  suffering with mental and physical wounds suffered while on duty for us....what is sad, is we are good with that......we are not embarrassed, we do not hang our head in shame.....we read about their plight and move on to the next story........maybe we should take 5 minutes write our MP a small paragraph about why this is wrong.....one day this may be our sons and daughters we are talking about....we need to make this right....we need to tell our government Hey listen to us....

You appear to be overlooking one major factor here, and that is our massive immigration policy that keeps bringing in legal and illegal immigrants by the hundreds of thousands every year. We just brought in approx. 30,000 Syrian refugees without my permission who no doubt can offer anything to Canada except more taking of our Canadian tax dollars to care for them. This is madness. Immigration is killing Canada.

There are approx. two million Canadians unemployed and yet we keep bringing in more and more where many will never find a job and will no doubt end up on the welfare roles. You and me and veterans are paying for this from our tax deductions that is stolen from us to help feed, clothe, house, and give them spending money all the while our own veterans, seniors, children going hungry to school or bed is going on. Why cannot people like yourself get this? While your own people go thru hardships we add to it all the more by bringing in more. Maybe there is some good to allow some immigration to go on but not in the numbers that this government of ours keeps bringing in. What politicians are doing here shows me that they don't care about Canadians they care more about the rest of the world. They show contempt to we the people all the time, and we take it.

It's time to wake up and demand that all immigration stop for awhile, and let us get our own house in order. We must stop catering to the immigration lobby who are the ones who will benefit from all this immigration madness. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have said here?  Over. 

44 minutes ago, Rue said:

Cool story bro?

You funded his job?

If you were in charge there wouldn't be any dead or sick or homeless troops?

You accuse him of being incompetent let alone a murderer?

You come on this board and attack him personally, call him a liar, ridicule the death of soldiers and pose as a military expert?

That's what you pass off as debate?

Learn just some of the names of the people you ridicule:

That's another cool story bro!

Except of course that I didnt attack him personally... I didnt call him a liar, and I didnt ridicule the death of any soldiers, and didnt pose as a military expert.

That's some damn fine bleating and wretching and moaning though! Too bad its all complete horse sh%$ :)

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So, why do people keep joining the military? We have all just about heard all of the horror stories about wars and what happens to soldiers that join the military, and what happens to most of them after the war is over, and they come home. Why do people who join the military think that it will all just be fun and games? And when they come home from some war, and then start to cry and whine about how hard they are being done by, well, who's fault is that? Not mine that is for sure. Sorry to have to appear to sound so insensitive. 

People say they care but do they really? Personally, I wish Canada had no military. Any country having a military only keeps the bankster elite in the money. A national guard may be ok in my books for emergencies, but have a military, NO. People who join the military are the ones who come home maimed or dead, while the banksters, politicians, and military war making equipment corporations get to sit at home and play with soldiers lives. If one joins the military then one should not cry as to what happens to them when they return home. Just my opinion, of course.