POLL: Should Justin Trudeau Keep His Word?

betsy

Should Trudeau Keep His Word  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, kactus said:

Well according to Betsy those poor refugees have made those dangerous trips to get to the US of A risking their lives. How inhumane can the americans be these days? Hmmmmm.....

It is not inhumane to walk one kilometer in winter weather...I do it all the time.

If refugees want to flee to Canada, why should they be stopped ?    They already crossed several international borders illegally.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It is not inhumane to walk one kilometer in winter weather...I do it all the time.

If refugees want to flee to Canada, why should they be stopped ?    They already crossed several international borders illegally.

Don't play games....

You know very well the reason they were turned down at the US border control is because of the ban by Trump. This is inhumane to indiscriminately turn them down even though they may have a valid reason for fleeing their country....

Edited by kactus

1 minute ago, kactus said:

Don't play games....

You know very well the reason they were turned down by the US border control is because of the ban. That is inhumane to indiscriminately turn them down even though they may have a valid reason for fleeing their country....

Not my problem....if Canada want's to host all the world's refugees...go for it. 

Most are economic refugees fleeing poor conditions back home.  

Sovereign nations have the right/duty to protect their borders....it is part of the very definition of same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not my problem....if Canada want's to host all the world's refugees...go for it. 

Most are economic refugees fleeing poor conditions back home.  

Sovereign nations have the right/duty to protect their borders....it is part of the very definition of same.

Yep I guess it never was your problem and the rest of you voting and cheerleading for Trump becoming a POTUS....

But now that he is in office shifting the blame to other leaders. Such a typical nonesensical response!

Edited by kactus

19 hours ago, hot enough said:

If you would like to start a thread, I would discuss it.

LoL, dont even try. These people believes in death that their countries invade other countries to slap bad guys and to ensure peace :lol: this is a kind of religion of them. A religion with zero logic.

Edited by Altai
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, kactus said:

Don't play games....

You know very well the reason they were turned down at the US border control is because of the ban by Trump. This is inhumane to indiscriminately turn them down even though they may have a valid reason for fleeing their country....

"Inhumane," is one of the most abused term these days.

It's inhumane to let in foxes in a chicken house, with all the chickens trapped in with them.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

"Inhumane," is one of the most abused term these days.

It's inhumane to let in foxes in a chicken house, with all the chickens trapped in with them.

It's funny that you are so selective in your argument....

inhmane is meant to refer to the treatment of those poor refugees who went through the hardship risking their lives coming to Canada since your beloved Trump's EO ban deprived them from coming to US. You made the comment about their hardship to escape their country! Donot backtrack from what you already said....

Reality is your cold hearted attitude does not differentiate between a geniune refugee and a terrorist as you have demonstrated here repeatedly. You want to argue the case against them be clear about your intention on refugee status instead of shifting the blame on Trudeau's twitter with open arms taking them...I guess you won't understand this and will go to your default mode of racist rants about refugee crisis to defend the EO ban by Trump...You wanna carry on? Go ahead knock yourself out. If you can't distinguish the good from bad apple it's your problem but don't waste my time trying to expose your ambiguity and double standard for what you truely think of refugees...

Edited by kactus

1 hour ago, kactus said:

It's funny that you are so selective in your argument....

inhmane is meant to refer to the treatment of those poor refugees who went through the hardship risking their lives coming to Canada since your beloved Trump's EO ban deprived them from coming to US. You made the comment about their hardship to escape their country! Donot backtrack from what you already said....

Reality is your cold hearted attitude does not differentiate between a geniune refugee and a terrorist as you have demonstrated here repeatedly. You want to argue the case against them be clear about your intention on refugee status instead of shifting the blame on Trudeau's twitter with open arms taking them...I guess you won't understand this and will go to your default mode of racist rants about refugee crisis to defend the EO ban by Trump...You wanna carry on? Go ahead knock yourself out. If you can't distinguish the good from bad apple it's your problem but don't waste my time trying to expose your ambiguity and double standard for what you truely think of refugees...

Trump had been saying what he was going to do should he become president for more than a year.  He gave a warning.   It is sad for refugees......but we can't say it's "inhumane," since Trump has his own valid reasons why he's doing as he promised.

Though Trudeau had tweeted a welcome to all, which he knew he can't keep (unless he's a real moron).....it is sad that millions of people all over the world who want to flee from persecution, terror and war, would be relying on that false hope that Trudeau had issued worldwide.  However, much as what Trudeau had tweeted is actually worse than what Trump had issued - Trudeau was grandstanding at the expense of desperate people he may be full of drama, but we can't say that it was "inhumane" of Trudeau to tweet such empty promise.....although, it fits.

Giving false hope to all desperate refugees, would be like teasing a starving dog with food....and taking it away out of his reach as he was about to eat it!   Kinda fits what "inhumane" is all about.....but I still balk at calling it such.

Like I've said:  "inhumane," like "bigotry," is a very much abused term.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Trump had been saying what he was going to do should he become president for more than a year.  He gave a warning.   It is sad for refugees......but we can't say it's "inhumane," since Trump has his own valid reasons why he's doing as he promised.

I'm sure that the refugees in the camps were all watching on their big screen ,plasma TVs.

Of course, Trump has valid reasons, but they are all political; there is nothing reasonable about them. They play to his base, they perpetuate the already voluminous lies that have been the sole reason for this whole worldwide schmozzle - the "radical Islam" theme. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hot enough said:

I'm sure that the refugees in the camps were all watching on their big screen ,plasma TVs.

Of course, Trump has valid reasons, but they are all political; there is nothing reasonable about them. They play to his base, they perpetuate the already voluminous lies that have been the sole reason for this whole worldwide schmozzle - the "radical Islam" theme. 

To you,  Trump's reasons are simply political.  That's just your opinion.  As for the radical Islam theme, I cite the FACT that radical Islam remains to be a problem practically everyday, all over the world.  I don't live in la-la land.

"Inhumane," is an abused term.   

If you want to go down that road.......then, point to Trudeau for grandstanding at the expense of desperate refugees.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, kactus said:

Yep I guess it never was your problem and the rest of you voting and cheerleading for Trump becoming a POTUS....

Where was all the bleeding heart whining from Canada when the previous POTUS (Obama) was deporting millions of illegals and refugees ?

Thousands were crossing the land border then too.   Trudeau is just using this year's version for political purposes. 

Take them all in Canada, or stop Trudeau from writing checks that Canada can't cash.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kactus said:

Well, UK does grant citizenship to people born and that's technically in Europe.

No, it actually doesn't. You only get citizenship when born in he UK if at least one of your parents is a citizen

49 minutes ago, Argus said:

No, it actually doesn't. You only get citizenship when born in he UK if at least one of your parents is a citizen

Que!?

That's what I said...

You are tge one who claimed european countries donot grant citizenship to people born there and now repeating the same thing I said...You may want to reconsider what you said here....

1 hour ago, kactus said:

Que!?

That's what I said...

You are tge one who claimed european countries donot grant citizenship to people born there and now repeating the same thing I said...You may want to reconsider what you said here....

I'm no sure where your confusion is coming from. No European country grants citizenship simply based on you being born there. You need to be born of a citizen. Canada grants citizenship to anyone born here, regardless of why or to whom, even if they're born to foreigners on an aircraft passing overhead that doesn't even land here. Even if you can prove that someone came here the week before they gave birth, specifically to get citizenship for their kid, then go back home, the citizenship still stands.

Edited by Argus

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Where was all the bleeding heart whining from Canada when the previous POTUS (Obama) was deporting millions of illegals and refugees ?

Thousands were crossing the land border then too.  

I'm still trying to figure out and learn the intricacies of the forum regulations. There, it states, " If you are stating a fact, be prepared to back it up with some official sources (website links etc)."

I would be interested in seeing a source substantiating this fact.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

I'm still trying to figure out and learn the intricacies of the forum regulations. There, it states, " If you are stating a fact, be prepared to back it up with some official sources (website links etc)."

That's why I always try to give opinions.  I hate arguing by Google.

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

Already provided in other threads....the U.S. deports lots of illegals and denied refugees each year.   So why is Trudeau grandstanding when President Trump does it compared to previous presidents ?

land-border-refugee-claims.jpg

jmv-ice-1-17-t1.png

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Why did you focus on Obama?

That only illustrates how sick the whole system is. And all this based on lies, lies and more lies. 

Because Obama was president when Trudeau took office.   Refugees and illegals were crossing the CanAm border....thousands were deported each month to other nations.   Canadian overstays in the U.S. were rewarded with 3-year and 10-year entry bans.

So why suddenly is Trump the bad guy ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

What on earth is this nonsense I heard of that the Canadians aim that the population of Canada is 100 million by the year 2100? 

Simply ridiculous! For one thing, Canada is a semi-arctic country which already is overcrowded in relation to its latitudes.

For another thing, why is a certain population-level considered to be a priority?

• Like 1