Another USA warning to NATO members.....

Army Guy

16 hours ago, Argus said:

Their 'plan' to spend more on DND, isn't really going to get into gear until after the next election - presuming they actually ever carry it out. It's noteworthy that Trump will need to be elected before then, too. I think this is just Trudeau's way of buying time, and will be abandoned if Trump loses the next election.

That's what everyone keeps saying - reality is different:

http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/canada-defence-policy/news/stable-predictable-realistic-funding.asp

The budget is in fact $1.7B higher ($1.2B higher than it would have otherwise been) this year on a case basis.

3 hours ago, Smallc said:

That's what everyone keeps saying - reality is different:

http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/canada-defence-policy/news/stable-predictable-realistic-funding.asp

The budget is in fact $1.7B higher ($1.2B higher than it would have otherwise been) this year on a case basis.

I'm afraid I have trouble believing the phony accounting they're coming up with to represent our actual defense spending. I have a feeling they'll soon be including Trudeau's bodyguards, and the little huts they stand in outside 24 Sussex as they keep trying to increase our perceived spending.

I'll believe it after it's actually spent.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

I'm afraid I have trouble believing the phony accounting they're coming up with to represent our actual defense spending. I have a feeling they'll soon be including Trudeau's bodyguards, and the little huts they stand in outside 24 Sussex as they keep trying to increase our perceived spending.

I'll believe it after it's actually spent.

The numbers displayed are the DND budget, not the reported defence spending.  The accounting method we were using and reporting to NATO with was not as generous as that used by many of our allies.  That means our totals were, according to the Deputy Minister, relatively under stated.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎03 at 10:19 PM, hot enough said:

Certainly it can't match US war crimes or US terrorism, or US voodoo economics, or US racism, or US murder of children or US slaughter of innocents or even the US's history of being at war for 90+% of its years as a "country". No country can ever match that kind of record because no country could ever become so conceited and arrogant, no country could develop a propaganda system like the US's, which feeds this vicious cycle of arrogance, greed, conceit, ... . 

That's why Canada, no country should support the US's evil military deeds.

So evil deeds. of the US. So who should we support. Oh wait don't tell me, Kim Fat Boy of North Korea, Daesh, Iran, Russia, yah yah I know.

Lol. Run along. Evil deeds. Yah the US Navy saving all the lives of people all these years on the high seas, yah down right evil.

So where do you live? Do you live next door to North Korea, Daesh, Iran, Syria, Russia? Oh let me guess.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smallc said:

The numbers displayed are the DND budget, not the reported defence spending.  The accounting method we were using and reporting to NATO with was not as generous as that used by many of our allies.  That means our totals were, according to the Deputy Minister, relatively under stated.

OK...but still "deadbeat" numbers.  Canada would still be a 2% GDP deadbeat.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

OK...but still "deadbeat" numbers.  Canada would still be a 2% GDP deadbeat.

Logically, Canada should integrate into the US Army/USAF as a division/squadron.

But, sovereignty, yah know...we might invade you one day....lol.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

No need for that now, since Canada will now be leading the "free world"....Freeland said so.

Right after we politely ask you for bombs and ammo for our Whip'emouts.

39 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Take a breath, Rue, you're gonna faint. 

Is it your contention that we should have supported the Nazis if we were in the same predicament?

Hardly. The only thing that makes me faint is Jennifer Lopez when she is dancing and swetty. I  have stated that many times on this forum. That or the concept of Halle Berry naked running after me.

Now that said your question makes no sense. None. Zero.  By the way, here you may need to sit down. The US was our closest ally along with the British during WW2 defeating Hitler. You sound like that is an issue.

Trying to compare the US to Nazi Germany is stale. You do it with Israel as well. Its tiresome. Calling countries you don't like Nazis is hardly going to make your point. The fact is if you can not tell the difference between the US and Nazi Germany that speaks loudly as to your opinions. Also you didn't answer my question. If you lived with Islamic terrorists next to you or Russia or Iran or  North Korea next to you your perspective on evil empires would change very fast.

The US  provided a haven for Jewish refugees  and other refugees escaping the holocaust after WW2. . It defeated Hitler and was a principle player at Nuremberg exposing its evils. To compare it to Hitler's Germany simply shows your ignorance  of history and that you have no clue that Nazi Germany was.

Edited by Rue

16 minutes ago, Rue said:

Thanks but when you come from a line of Nazi survivors calling American Nazis is accepted for what it is a crock of manure.

[Aren't you interested in addressing all the falsehoods you have raised in the 9/11 Thread?]

They were a propaganda ploy, Rue. The US knew of the death camps long before the end of the war and it didn't fit their propaganda then to do anything about it. 

But one only has to look at the historical record to see that the US has been worse than the Nazis. 

Over 75 illegal invasions of sovereign nations, tens of millions slaughtered, trillion of the poor's wealth stolen, hundreds of millions of lives ruined, numerous genocides, ... . 

Just because you and yours escaped this doesn't make them kind and benevolent. It matters what they do and did to all the colored people of the world. 

You would think that these Holocaust Museums that dot the US would be more caring about the 3 million Vietnamese, the one million Cambodians, the 3 million Koreans, the 500,000 Laotians, the Chagos Islanders, the ... all brutalized and murdered by the US.

Edited by hot enough

27 minutes ago, hot enough said:

....You would think that these Holocaust Museums that dot the US would be more caring about the 3 million Vietnamese, the one million Cambodians, the 3 million Koreans, the 500,000 Laotians, the Chagos Islanders, the ... all brutalized and murdered by the US.

Actually, the U.S. gives out medals and awards...and celebrates on holidays with parades and barbecues.

Don't like it ?    Stop us......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

NATO deadbeats can't afford to

You're just being petulant; you're miffed because you are coming to realize the US government has lied to you again, for the billionth time, about 911. 

That makes your usual "sense". More money available allows for more lavish celebrations.

14 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Awful decision by our government to waste more money on military for no good reason other than to appease Donald Trump. Sad that all 3 major parties 'agree'. This is what is awful about the first past the post system, it results in very little political diversity on parliament hill.

I say, have a referendum on if the Canadian people really want to waste 2% of our GDP on military.

Actually they gave any Canadian that wanted to voice an opinion a chance to do so....Did you miss out ? now that things did not turn out as you wanted , now you want a referendum, and when that does not give you what you want then what.....

You call it a waste of money, and yet it is one tool our government has used more than any other in it's inventory...The liberals are supporting this at all levels, as something that is well past due.....If you had done any research on the military current state you'd might be inclined to agree.....as all three parties did....

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

Just because a few nations take advantage of loop holes or cheats within the reporting polices does not make it right for Canada to also follow suit....Such as throwing in coast guard budget or National emergency response Planning and ops..... Under stated, spending under 1% of our GDP leaves a lot of room to understate things...As a G-8 nation we should not be in the bottom of the list......

By George, I think she's got it....

Chrystia Freeland forcefully articulated a stand against the erratic US president. The main takeaway from her speech, made during a session of parliament, was that Canada would not quietly stand by as Trump upends the world order. Rather, she said Canada must start preparing now for a future in which it can maintain its national security and trade interests without the help of the superpower to the south.

“The fact that our friend and ally has come to question the very worth of its mantle of global leadership, puts into sharper focus the need for the rest of us to set our own clear and sovereign course,” she said. “For Canada, that course must be the renewal, indeed the strengthening, of the postwar multilateral order.”

That's right...pay your own way...stop being a NATO deadbeat !   Stop depending so much on the United States:

At the same time, she said Canada has to be well prepared to fight on its own, if need be. To that end, her second principle is to reinforce Canada’s armed forces. Pre-Trump, Canada could reliably piggy-back on the US’s security apparatus. That’s less certain now. And as the US retreats from its world leader role, Freeland also suggested her country may be more willing to engage in conflicts abroad. Indeed on Wednesday, one day after the speech, the Trudeau administration announced a $62.3 billion plan to bulk up the Canadian military with troops and equipment over the next 20 years.

https://qz.com/1000686/canadian-foreign-affairs-minister-freeland-laid-out-her-countrys-response-to-trumps-america-first-policy-in-a-speech/

58 minutes ago, hot enough said:

[Aren't you interested in addressing all the falsehoods you have raised in the 9/11 Thread?]

They were a propaganda ploy, Rue. The US knew of the death camps long before the end of the war and it didn't fit their propaganda then to do anything about it. 

But one only has to look at the historical record to see that the US has been worse than the Nazis. 

Over 75 illegal invasions of sovereign nations, tens of millions slaughtered, trillion of the poor's wealth stolen, hundreds of millions of lives ruined, numerous genocides, ... . 

Just because you and yours escaped this doesn't make them kind and benevolent. It matters what they do and did to all the colored people of the world. 

You would think that these Holocaust Museums that dot the US would be more caring about the 3 million Vietnamese, the one million Cambodians, the 3 million Koreans, the 500,000 Laotians, the Chagos Islanders, the ... all brutalized and murdered by the US.

Still chasing the conspiracy theory aren't you....not sure how many conspiracy you have revealed to date more than a few i'm sure, and yet with all the hate, and shit you fling about the US, Canada  and the west, your still here, living amongst us like a leach .....enjoying all the benefits from all this conquest and violence, flapping your gums like a flag on a windy day...... you claim that was done to further the west's greed and you some how explain your actions  how again, you have no choice, someone is holding you in their basement, your actually in some foreign country right now, you live off the grid in some remote BC forrest, with eyeball, your waiting for your immigration papers to Vietnam, please tell us all we atleast earned that much..........you see your one of us, your as guilty as the rest of us are.....guilty by association....or as i like to call it , taken being a hypocrite to another level.....welcome to the club, now pick up your stick get in line and get ready to start beating....

16 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

...not sure how many conspiracy you have revealed to date more than a few i'm sure,

You should attempt to obtain information to substantiate before you advance a falsehood, Army.

Still chasing the conspiracy theory aren't you.

Nope, the truth and science. I leave the conspiracies to the US government conspiracy theory theorists. 

Edited by hot enough

12 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

please tell us all we atleast earned that much..........you see your one of us, your as guilty as the rest of us are.....guilty by association....or as i like to call it ,

How do you figure you have earned anything? 

Yup. I am as guilty as some, not all. There are many who must share a much bigger burden of the guilt, politicians and the like. 

taken being a hypocrite to another level..

Hypocrites are those who stay silent when they know. 

Freeland's speech...a win for President Trump...

In one sense, the speech is a triumph for Donald Trump. He campaigned on the premise that America’s much-heralded “global leadership” was draining a once-great nation of blood and treasure. He demanded that countries pay their fair share rather than ripping off the United States. After just a few months in office, Trump has accomplished what many of his predecessors couldn’t: He’s persuaded not just Canada but also many other NATO allies to invest more in their own defense.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/06/canada-trump-leadership/529353/